Sandra Day O'Connor Says Obama Should Get To Replace Justice Scalia

The court is supposed to be apolitical so her opinion means shit
If the court is supposed to be apolitical, the GOP wouldn't be seeking to prevent Obama from replacing Scalia.

I already said the nomination process is always political

the court and the justices themselves are not supposed to be therefore no justice should comment on the political matters such as the nomination or conformation of a new justice

It's not that difficult of a concept
All the conservatives are saying that the court became political with FDR. I think every president wishes to, and if circumstances present themselves, have the right to shape the court in the way they wish.

It's one of any president's most important duties, and this president will do his duty, in unassailable fashion, as always.

Unassailable that's funny

And as I have said over and over he can, should and has the obligation to nominate a justice but the Senate has no obligation to confirm the nominee
He's going to nominate someone who the Republicans have unanimously confirmed for the Federal Bench, then vigorously campaign for that person, all the way through the election season.

I don't think Republicans want a fired up President Obama on the television all the time, taking a powerful message to the nation. It's just not in their political benefit.
It doesnt matter what Republicans did in the past. They are not bound to support anyone the president sends up. Or even hold hearings at all.

If the court is supposed to be apolitical, the GOP wouldn't be seeking to prevent Obama from replacing Scalia.

the court and the justices themselves are not supposed to be therefore no justice should comment on the political matters such as the nomination or conformation of a new justice

All the conservatives are saying that the court became political with FDR. I think every president wishes to, and if circumstances present themselves, have the right to shape the court in the way they wish.

It's one of any president's most important duties, and this president will do his duty, in unassailable fashion, as always.

And as I have said over and over he can, should and has the obligation to nominate a justice but the Senate has no obligation to confirm the nominee
He's going to nominate someone who the Republicans have unanimously confirmed for the Federal Bench, then vigorously campaign for that person, all the way through the election season.

I don't think Republicans want a fired up President Obama on the television all the time, taking a powerful message to the nation. It's just not in their political benefit.
It doesnt matter what Republicans did in the past. They are not bound to support anyone the president sends up. Or even hold hearings at all.
Well, sure, if you ignore the Constitution.

The court is supposed to be apolitical so her opinion means shit

I don't think Obama will get the 60 votes needed a Federal Judge post is not the same as a supreme court appointment

Forum List

Back