Sarah Palin - compilation thread

And a life-long member of the NRA!

I was waiting for a man like this to come along and have been waiting since Reagan.

I should have known the next one would be a woman....and an Alaskan, at that. This is just too great.

Of course she's not. Remember, they project their own weaknesses onto others. Then they pretend evidence to the contrary doesn't exist.

I bet she can multi-task---you don't think women can do a job and raise a child ? She seems to have done quite well so far and tossed out a lot of corrupt males in her own party in the process .
Do you really want to attack a woman candidate because she has young children ?

it appears i have underestimated the time it takes to be vp...i think children are more important to a family than possessions. I think time with your family making memories is what a mother should be doing.

That would be great if it were practical. But it isn't.

And I doubt she'll need many nannies. Her husband looks pretty capable to me. And it's my understanding that one of the perks of being the president or VP is you get to have time with your family every now and then, and can even take them along with you if you want to when traveling. And of course, the president's kids live in the house where his office is located....I imagine it's pretty much the same for the VP.

Sounds better for the kids than 12-hour shift work as a prison guard or nurse, or having dad be gone for months at a time working on oil rigs.

They aren't as effective as the Hillary one.

I'll bet he's wishing he'd been nicer to Hillary now, the moron.

So, you're worried the White House will ruin her character?

But, you don't care if it ruins Obama's messiahness?

well, in all honesty, there is a BIG difference to me in a father of 2 girls and a mother with 5 children, one an infant with special needs, who was just born in April 08.....

she is progressive, as cali stated in my opinion....and more power to her, for being such.

i think she vetoed legislation she felt hurt homosexuals i heard?

also, mccain is against drilling in ANWR, do you think she will change his mind?

also, her total lack of knowledge on foreign affairs concerns me a bit....she was asked earlier this year and asked what her views on iraq were and her answer was that she 'didn't know much about what was going on in iraq, she was too ''busy'' involved in state problems'....this video is going to be shown over and over again....not good and shows she would NOT be ready as president on the e
first day, if something were to happen to mccain.......

i can't believe she has a son going off to iraq and ''she didn't even look in to the international affair to know more about it?

and i do not believe any democratic diehard hillary supporters will support her because of her anti choice/pro life position....and also because they may view this as political pandering by the mccain camp which demeans them...reduces them to just being a ditzy female, picking a president or vp just for gender.....:eek:

she's great on ethics....cleaned up the rift raft in her party...but under investigation herself for getting her exbrotherinlaw fired off the state police....but we will see....

her foreign policy is thin....but she is brite and could be a quick learner.....?

sets her up in a good position for 2012, even if mccain doesn't win....

care

The choice of Palin is a gimmick choice. It will either help him win and be lauded as ingenious or it will be foreven known as the biggest gaff in VP selection since McGovern and Eagleton.

For her sister, she had this guy followed and then ran to his boss with claims of bad doing. To get him fired, and we are to believe this was in the best interest of the son? He would then be a an unemployed bad father. That helps! :cuckoo:

We don't need scum bags like this running the government.

The choice of Palin is a gimmick choice. It will either help him win and be lauded as ingenious or it will be foreven known as the biggest gaff in VP selection since McGovern and Eagleton.

So what you're saying is that McCain could win the Presidency with Palin or he could lose it with her. Nice analysis. :lol:

In a history making move that played to John McCain’s image as a political maverick, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee revealed Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin as his running mate before a raucous crowd in the critical swing state of Ohio today. Coming on the heels of Senator Barack Obama’s history making acceptance speech as the first minority in American history to be a major party’s presidential nominee, McCain’s choice stunned Democrats and the media alike.

With speculation revolving around Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty and former McCain rival Mitt Romney as the two remaining contenders for the second slot on the Republican ticket, Palin’s selection was the political equivalent of a Stealth-delivered missile strike. Targeted at the weakened foundation of the Democratic Party’s female base, McCain sought to exploit the lingering tensions within the Party that resulted from the treatment of Senator Hillary Clinton over the course of her run for the Democratic presidential nomination.

Signaling the strategic logic behind her selection, Palin acknowledged that she followed in the footsteps of both 1984 Democratic vice presidential nominee Geraldine Ferraro and Senator Clinton; with Clinton having won an unprecedented 18 million votes in her unsuccessful run against Obama.

"Hillary left 18 million cracks in the highest, hardest glass ceiling in America. But it turns out the women of America aren't finished yet, and we can shatter that glass ceiling once and for all," the mother of five – three daughters and two sons- said.

The Palins' five children are Track, 19; Bristol 17; Willow 14; Piper, 7, and baby Trig; with Track having enlisted in the Army last September 11th and scheduled for deployment to Iraq in the near future.

Though Clinton unequivocally endorsed Obama and urged her supporters to rally around the Democratic nominee, McCain became convinced over the course of the Democratic Convention that bitter feelings from the primaries and Obama’s selection of Delaware Senator Joe Biden presented the Republican nominee with a tactical and historic opportunity. In choosing Palin, not only does McCain appeal to disgruntled Hillary supporters, but he also dispels the image of the Republican Party as a “Men’s Only Electoral Club”.

In the second year of her first term as Governor of Alaska, Palin, is the former mayor of Wasilla – a town of 9,000 that would have been lost amidst the 84,000 estimated to have attended Obama’s acceptance speech at Invesco Field Thursday night – with a reputation as a maverick and political reformer that compliments McCain’s image. Having been pilloried over recent months for abandoning his maverick roots while being assailed by the Republican base for not being conservative enough, McCain’s choice of Palin firmly establishes his bona fides on both fronts.

With a lifetime National Rifle Association membership, Palin is an avid hunter and outdoorswoman. Both opposed to gay marriage and pro-life, her inclusion on the Republican ticket is geared towards shoring up the Party’s conservative base while at the same time appealing to disaffected Hillary Clinton supporters.

Having recently given birth to her fifth child – Trig – her decision to have the baby despite prenatal testing that indicated he had Downs Syndrome was heavily applauded by the pro-life community. Rooted in her strong Christian faith and family values, Palin celebrated the Trig's birth, saying, "..We feel privileged that God would entrust us with this gift and allow us unspeakable joy as he entered our lives."

Accordingly, the McCain camp will sleep easier tonight, secure in the knowledge Palin's selection reinforces its' right flank. In doing so, it frees up resources and time that can be spent contesting the crucial middle ground of the electorate.

At 44, the highly photogenic Palin is three years younger than Senator Obama as well as two of her running mate’s children.

With little to no foreign policy experience to speak of, comparisons to what has often been characterized as a pandering attempt by Walter Mondale to attract women to the 1984 Democratic ticket by picking Geraldine Ferraro as his running are inevitable. Furthermore, Palin’s limited resume will be used as a foil to deflect what has been a primary attack strategy of both McCain and Clinton before him; questioning Obama’s experience and readiness to lead the nation.

Though Palin’s inclusion on the ticket opens the Republicans up to attack on previously unchallenged fronts, it can safely be said any of the finalists considered to be in the running for the second slot brought their own unique vulnerabilities and weaknesses with them.

In what may eventually be characterized as a tactical masterstroke, McCain’s choice of Palin could diminish the potential ferocity of Democratic vice presidential nominee Senator Joe Biden’s attacks on his Republican counterpart. Lest he be perceived as a bully attacking a mother of five, including an infant with Downs Syndrome, Biden must be mindful of how aggressive he assails Palin both on the campaign trail and in the lone vice presidential debate.

Nonetheless, Palin has a reputation as a scrappy pol that relishes combat in the political arena; when combined with Biden's zeal for "bloodying the nose" of his opponents makes the vice presidential debate must-see tv.

No longer are women relegated to a league of their own in either party, faithful readers. Welcome to the Bigs, Sarah! Stay tuned for further updates as events warrant and the Republicans warm up for the championship series next week in Minneapolis.

Last edited:
Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, John McCain's surprise vice-presidential pick, is the subject of a legislative probe into claims that she abused her office by trying to get her former brother-in-law fired from his job as an Alaska state trooper.

Walt Monegan, former public safety commissioner of Alaska, claims governor Sarah Palin and her husband pressured Monegan to fire her former brother-in-law, a state trooper in a contentious divorce from Palin's sister Molly McCann. Palin is likely to be deposed soon in the case, according to State Sen. Hollis French, who leads the state Senate's Legislative Counsel Committee.

French's committee unanimously authorized an investigation into the dismissal of the state's public safety commissioner, Walt Monegan, who claims he balked at pressure to remove Trooper Mike Wooten, who had an acrimonious divorce from Palin's sister.

"I saw e-mails from [independent investigator Stephen] Branchflower two days ago to the Department of Law saying it's time to schedule a deposition of the governor, her chief of staff and the attorney general who had some contact with the case," French tells ABCNews.com.

While Palin was being introduced to the world at a rally in Dayton, Ohio, today, thousands of miles away in an Anchorage office, Branchflower was preparing to interview principals in the case, French said.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=5687512&page=1

Last edited:
Use public office to accomplish personal goals: very traditional conservative value

Use public office to keep a father from seeing his children: not even conservatives usually sink this low

Palin is a disgrace to the office of governor. Lets not let her be a disgrace to the office of vice president.

CNN) -- John McCain needs what Kinky Friedman calls "a checkup from the neck up."

In choosing Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to be his running mate, he is not thinking "outside the box," as some have said. More like out of his mind.

Palin a first-term governor of a state with more reindeer than people, will have to put on a few pounds just to be a lightweight. Her personal story is impressive: former fisherman, mother of five. But that hardly qualifies her to be a heartbeat away from the presidency.

For a man who is 72 years old and has had four bouts with cancer to have chosen someone so completely unqualified to become president is shockingly irresponsible. Suddenly, McCain's age and health become central issues in the campaign, as does his judgment.

In choosing this featherweight, McCain passed over Tom Ridge, a decorated combat hero, a Cabinet secretary and the former two-term governor of the large, complex state of Pennsylvania.

He passed over Mitt Romney, who ran a big state, Massachusetts; a big company, Bain Capital; and a big event, the Olympics.

He passed over Kay Bailey Hutchison, the Texas senator who is knowledgeable about the military, good on television and -- obviously -- a woman.
He passed over Joe Lieberman, his best friend in the Senate and fellow Iraq Kool-Aid drinker.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/29/begala.palin/index.html

Last edited:
Is Sarah Palin John McCain's Harriet Myers? What a curious choice, a nice woman, a soccer mom, governor of a state that is smaller than medium sized cities in terms of government, and a person who has no experience in national or international politics? The right went after Bush over Myers, they will not be able to do that today, a rather curious predicament. Experience can no longer be mentioned in this election by the republicans. A heartbeat away....

And her positions are:

Sarah Palin on the Issues

How many think this choice alone disqualifies John for the presidency? You think the republicans will impeach him this week?

"A vote for John McCain is a vote against Polar bears too."

Here we go with the fingers in the ears again...nanananananana

You just don't pay any attention at all to reality, do you bubba?

the left stating that Sarah Palin is a bad choice. That tells me it was a very good choice.

Much like me and other conservatives welcoming Obama's pick of Biden should have been a sign to the left that they might have made a mistake

technically, she has more executive experience than Obama, Biden, and McCain. She was a mayor and is governor. She was on the city council, but that is not executive experience.

You can't be serious, Alaska in total doesn't measure up to a mid size city I was there.

Sarah Palin on the Issues

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Addendum to above:

A vote for John McCain is a vote against Polar Bears too.

Forum List

Back