Satan's Role in Christian Religion

Jesus was and is God incarnate. God has revealed himself as a trinity of three persons – the Father, the Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit, each of whom is equally God. When Jesus became God incarnate, He was truly God and truly man (Philippians 2:7-8). When Jesus came to earth from heaven he possessed two natures – a divine nature and a human nature. He never ceased being God but He set aside the glory He had with His Father in heaven (John 17:5) and humbled Himself to become a man (2 Corinthians 8:9). Jesus was different than other religious leaders; we cannot ascribe equal honor to Him and other leaders. Siddhârtha Gautama (Buddha), Muhammad (claimed to be a “prophet” of God), and Confucius did not claim to be a deity, they were all mortal men.

Jesus was without sin. Jesus was in a class by Himself, when He came to earth, He lived without sin (2 Corinthians 5:21). No other religious leader can claim that, nor can any mortal for that matter (Romans 3:23).

Actually, Catholicism says Mary was without sin. Not your faith, but, whatever.
Guess what? Jesus died. Jesus was a mortal. He aged and would have died of old age eventually if nothing else got him, like disease. So if Jesus was fully divine, you can kill God? Quite the interesting notion.

THINK!!! The body can be killed but the body is not the real you!! man is spirit just as GOD is spirit, the body is just the house our spirit lives in here!!!

Then all of us are immortal, atheists and pagans and Christians and Satanists and Buddhists and Hindus and everything else!

Actually, Catholicism says Mary was without sin. Not your faith, but, whatever.
Guess what? Jesus died. Jesus was a mortal. He aged and would have died of old age eventually if nothing else got him, like disease. So if Jesus was fully divine, you can kill God? Quite the interesting notion.

THINK!!! The body can be killed but the body is not the real you!! man is spirit just as GOD is spirit, the body is just the house our spirit lives in here!!!

Then all of us are immortal, atheists and pagans and Christians and Satanists and Buddhists and Hindus and everything else!

YES!!! YOU GOT IT AT LAST!!! WE are all imortal but imortal where??? imortal with GOD,FAMILY AND OTHER BELIEVERS OR imortal in eternal HELL??????????? YOU GET TO CHOOSE!!!

YES!!! YOU GOT IT AT LAST!!! WE are all imortal but imortal where??? imortal with GOD,FAMILY AND OTHER BELIEVERS OR imortal in eternal HELL??????????? YOU GET TO CHOOSE!!!

Maybe this would go faster if you stopped contradicting yourself about us being immortal or mortal. Anyway...
You don't actually choose, God does that, but I understand your meaning. We, by our actions here on Earth, have the privilege of deciding how we want to spend the afterlife.
However, I disagree with you on God's criteria for going to heaven. Whereas you seem to believe our faith is the largest factor, I believe our deeds and the goodness and quality of our hearts are more important.

Maybe this would go faster if you stopped contradicting yourself about us being immortal or mortal. Anyway...
You don't actually choose, God does that, but I understand your meaning. We, by our actions here on Earth, have the privilege of deciding how we want to spend the afterlife.
However, I disagree with you on God's criteria for going to heaven. Whereas you seem to believe our faith is the largest factor, I believe our deeds and the goodness and quality of our hearts are more important.
THINK!!! your opinion on what it takes to go to heaven counts for nothing!!!GOD MAKES THE RULES!!!===If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us. 1 JOHN 1:8-9

THINK!!! your opinion on what it takes to go to heaven counts for nothing!!!GOD MAKES THE RULES!!!===If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us. 1 JOHN 1:8-9

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them, EPHESIANS 2:9

Why not let GOD worry about the "good" buddhist????? What about you? You have been given truth,you now have no excuse!!!

I'm a Catholic and I believe Jesus died to save all people.

yes!!! jesus died to save all people but thjose that reject JESUS as their lord and savior are on the fast track to hell!!! God will not force anyone to accept his love and forgivness!

You christians tend to forget the pharisee exemption.

Recall that the Pharisees not only denied Jesus and his words, they lied, falsely convicted, tortured and nailed him to a cross until he died. Yet Jesus FORGAVE them. Forgave the pharisees despite the fact the pharisees did not ask for his forgiveness!!

I argue that if Jesus can forgive the pharisees for all of that, denying the so called integrity of Jesus words are not an obstacle to gain Jesus forgiveness. Jesus will forgive us regardless and without asking.

And if you begin to argue that I will not receive salvation, I say screw salvation. Is not forgiveness from Jesus more important?

I'm a Catholic and I believe Jesus died to save all people.

yes!!! jesus died to save all people but thjose that reject JESUS as their lord and savior are on the fast track to hell!!! God will not force anyone to accept his love and forgivness!

Recall that the Pharisees not only denied Jesus and his words, they lied, falsely convicted, tortured and nailed him to a cross until he died. Yet Jesus FORGAVE them. Forgave the pharisees despite the fact the pharisees did not ask for his forgiveness!!

I argue that if Jesus can forgive the pharisees for all of that, denying the so called integrity of Jesus words are not an obstacle to gain Jesus forgiveness. Jesus will forgive us regardless and without asking.

And if you begin to argue that I will not receive salvation, I say screw salvation. Is not forgiveness from Jesus more important?

YES!!! FORGIVNESS FROM JESUS IS SALVATION=== if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” Romans 10:9-11

YES!!! FORGIVNESS FROM JESUS IS SALVATION=== if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” Romans 10:9-11

Wait a second

The pharisees did not believe in Jesus, yet Jesus forgave them.
Does the scripture suggest that the pharisees are punished with shame despite being forgiven?

If you forgive someone, why punish them with something like shame?
Are you not suppose to refrain from punishing the person in question?

Or maybe the message is meant for everyone else except the pharisees? But then why give the pharisees an exemption?

I'm confused.

Maybe I need more scripture verses in order to make heads and tails out of what happened to the pharisees?

Wait a second

The pharisees did not believe in Jesus, yet Jesus forgave them.
Does the scripture suggest that the pharisees are punished with shame despite being forgiven?

If you forgive someone, why punish them with something like shame?
Are you not suppose to refrain from punishing the person in question?

Or maybe the message is meant for everyone else except the pharisees? But then why give the pharisees an exemption?

I'm confused.

Maybe I need more scripture verses in order to make heads and tails out of what happened to the pharisees?

WHAT gives you the idea that the pharisees were forgiven??? to be forgiven you must believe,confess and repent of your sins,i see no scripture that says the parasees did that!!! and you??

Forum List

Back