Satan's Role in Christian Religion

little man,when will you learn ALMIGHTY GOD makes the rules not you. God's word says there is no amount of "good" works that will save you but if you have accepted JESUS as your Lord and Savior you will want to do good works, not to buy your salvation but because you have salvation bought for you with the blood and life of JESUS on that Roman cross.

Okay. So Jesus died on the cross to save only those who would worship him.

I do believe Jesus said (I forget the verses) that you should love your neighbor as yourself and your enemies, as well. For he said that even pagans do good to those who do good to them. Why would Jesus so carelessly abandon his teachings and only save a select few who worship him? Jesus gave his life for all people. Jesus just wants people to know that he sacrificed himself for our wellbeing.

Only the elect are saved.
Romans 9 (ESV)

I am speaking the truth in Christ—I am not lying; my conscience bears me witness in the Holy Spirit— that I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were accursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers, my kinsmen according to the flesh. They are Israelites, and to them belong the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises. To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ, who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen.

But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For not all who are descended from Israel belong to Israel, and not all are children of Abraham because they are his offspring, but “Through Isaac shall your offspring be named.” This means that it is not the children of the flesh who are the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as offspring. For this is what the promise said: “About this time next year I will return, and Sarah shall have a son.” And not only so, but also when Rebekah had conceived children by one man, our forefather Isaac, though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad—in order that God's purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of him who calls— she was told, “The older will serve the younger.” As it is written, “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”

What shall we say then? Is there injustice on God's part? By no means! For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy. For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show my power in you, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills.

You will say to me then, “Why does he still find fault? For who can resist his will?” But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, “Why have you made me like this?” Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory— even us whom he has called, not from the Jews only but also from the Gentiles? As indeed he says in Hosea,
“Those who were not my people I will call ‘my people,’
and her who was not beloved I will call ‘beloved.’”
“And in the very place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’
there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’”

And Isaiah cries out concerning Israel: “Though the number of the sons of Israel be as the sand of the sea, only a remnant of them will be saved, for the Lord will carry out his sentence upon the earth fully and without delay.”

And as Isaiah predicted,
“If the Lord of hosts had not left us offspring,
we would have been like Sodom
and become like Gomorrah.”

What shall we say, then? That Gentiles who did not pursue righteousness have attained it, that is, a righteousness that is by faith; but that Israel who pursued a law that would lead to righteousness did not succeed in reaching that law. Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as if it were based on works. They have stumbled over the stumbling stone, as it is written,
“Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense;
and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.”

Sorry, I've decided to stop arguing like a literalist.
Quoting Paul and Isaiah to face Jesus doesn't quite stack up.
Are you going to start using all of Paul's teachings? There are some pretty interesting ones in there.

The RCC describes a condition they call "invincible ignorance". If I didn't know what they meant by that I would say you are invincibly ignorant, but in reality you have what is known as "vincible ignorance". No matter how you slice it, it's still ignorance.

That's your response to why you worship a man and teach others to commit idolatry which according to scripture results in death which makes you a murderer exactly like the serpent, Satan, was a murderer from the beginning?

Maybe if you post another picture and say blah blah blah some more people might not notice what you have admitted to even though you already have your reward and openly display pride in the death consequent to your deliberate sin.....

My I suggest that you put on some pants, your highness?

seeing you proudly prance around naked when you have nothing to show to be proud about is becoming quite pathetic.

BELIEVE GOD'S WORD!! ==YES!!! GOD BECAME A MAN,TO SAVE MAN FROM SIN.==JESUS=who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Philippians 2:6

BTW, did you notice the title of this forum?

What is ethical about hungry and homeless children?
Im trying to remember the last time I saw an Athiest food kitchen that feeds the poor and provides them groceries. Im trying to recall the last homeless shelter that is not Christian. What. Are the roots of the Salvation Army, goodwill, YMCA, the Red Cross...

So many Christian organizations and churches do so much for the community. I cannot think of one athiest group that compares and does as much as Christians

Try UNICEF.

When was the last time you saw a UNICEF food kitchen in your community?

Why not let GOD worry about the "good" buddhist????? What about you? You have been given truth,you now have no excuse!!!

Why not let GOD worry about the "good" buddhist????? What about you? You have been given truth,you now have no excuse!!!

I'm a Catholic and I believe Jesus died to save all people.

yes!!! jesus died to save all people but thjose that reject JESUS as their lord and savior are on the fast track to hell!!! God will not force anyone to accept his love and forgivness!

yes!!! jesus died to save all people but thjose that reject JESUS as their lord and savior are on the fast track to hell!!! God will not force anyone to accept his love and forgivness!

I don't reject Jesus, I just don't accept him. I do, however, accept his Mother.

What can you tell me about his Mother?

Jesus was and is God incarnate. God has revealed himself as a trinity of three persons – the Father, the Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit, each of whom is equally God. When Jesus became God incarnate, He was truly God and truly man (Philippians 2:7-8). When Jesus came to earth from heaven he possessed two natures – a divine nature and a human nature. He never ceased being God but He set aside the glory He had with His Father in heaven (John 17:5) and humbled Himself to become a man (2 Corinthians 8:9). Jesus was different than other religious leaders; we cannot ascribe equal honor to Him and other leaders. Siddhârtha Gautama (Buddha), Muhammad (claimed to be a “prophet” of God), and Confucius did not claim to be a deity, they were all mortal men.

Jesus was without sin. Jesus was in a class by Himself, when He came to earth, He lived without sin (2 Corinthians 5:21). No other religious leader can claim that, nor can any mortal for that matter (Romans 3:23).

What if example Buddhist- I'll call him Joe- never rejected Jesus? Can you reject something you don't believe in?

Regardless, you say Jesus died to save all people who were already in the Jewish community willing to follow him at the time, and all of the people Christianity has forcibly converted over the centuries? What a great God you believe in.

Why shouldn't the people who don't believe a word he said cash in on his promises?

Because God cares for all of his children? What about an honest and just Buddhist? Are they doomed to Hell for being born into the wrong religion?
no.....just for making the wrong choices.....

Exactly. Why do petty religions matter in the eyes of God? Does he care about what faith you claim to be of, or does he care for your deeds and your intentions and general good-will?

Jesus was and is God incarnate. God has revealed himself as a trinity of three persons – the Father, the Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit, each of whom is equally God. When Jesus became God incarnate, He was truly God and truly man (Philippians 2:7-8). When Jesus came to earth from heaven he possessed two natures – a divine nature and a human nature. He never ceased being God but He set aside the glory He had with His Father in heaven (John 17:5) and humbled Himself to become a man (2 Corinthians 8:9). Jesus was different than other religious leaders; we cannot ascribe equal honor to Him and other leaders. Siddhârtha Gautama (Buddha), Muhammad (claimed to be a “prophet” of God), and Confucius did not claim to be a deity, they were all mortal men.

Jesus was without sin. Jesus was in a class by Himself, when He came to earth, He lived without sin (2 Corinthians 5:21). No other religious leader can claim that, nor can any mortal for that matter (Romans 3:23).

Actually, Catholicism says Mary was without sin. Not your faith, but, whatever.
Guess what? Jesus died. Jesus was a mortal. He aged and would have died of old age eventually if nothing else got him, like disease. So if Jesus was fully divine, you can kill God? Quite the interesting notion.

Actually, Catholicism says Mary was without sin. Not your faith, but, whatever.
Guess what? Jesus died. Jesus was a mortal. He aged and would have died of old age eventually if nothing else got him, like disease. So if Jesus was fully divine, you can kill God? Quite the interesting notion.

THINK!!! The body can be killed but the body is not the real you!! man is spirit just as GOD is spirit, the body is just the house our spirit lives in here!!!

Forum List

Back