Satan's Role in Christian Religion

liberals love to TALK about the poor all talk but no action!==WOULD YOU like to tell us the dollar amount you have given to feed the poor this year????? TALK IS CHEAP!!! HUH??

I really do believe that a hungry child is the result of very real evil.

Why do we, as a species, allow that to continue?

And, for those who believe in a god, how can you belong to churches who do not pay taxes but do not put that money into their own community?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, churches do SOME good but if they really followed the teachings of their god, there would be no homeless and no hungry.

WOULD YOU like to tell us the dollar amount you have given to feed the poor this year????? TALK IS CHEAP!!! HUH??

Actually quite a lot. Instead of exchanging gifts, we adopt families at xmas as well as donating to the food pantry and the homeless shelter.

"liberals"? What an interesting excuse for a "christian" to use. For all your preaching, you're the least christian-like person I've seen in a long time.

My bet is you're just another one of those who would kick a hungry child out of the way.

Satan is an arch angel but he rebelled against God and he continues to do so today. However, he does serve a very important purpose within God's will. He can do NOTHING without God allowing it. His main purpose is to test our (Christians') faith. Job was tempted but so was Jesus Christ tempted. Job passed his trial as did Christ. Satan exists and his influence is strong. It's getting stronger by the day but it's finite. It will end and he will end up in chains. The faith of a true Christian is under a major trial today but we can be fully protected from the fiery darts of the enemy if we don the full gospel armor of Jesus Christ. He warned us of this day but He also comforted us with the promise of salvation if we endure until the end.

Find me the Scripture passage that says Satan rebelled against God.

There are several. 'I saw satan fall like lightning'. Jude, etc.

Have you read the "I wills of Satan"?

Isaiah 14:12-15

Isaiah 14 (Blue Letter Bible: KJV - King James Version)

From Isaiah 14:9 - 16

Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming; it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations. All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like us?
Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols, the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
For thou hast said in thine heart,
I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God, I will sit upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north.

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.
Yet thou shall be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. They shall narrowly look upon thee and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth tremble, that did shake kingdoms?

Yes, I like telling Lucifer about his future. This is precisely his end. He's doomed! He's the enemy of God - not some figment of mans imagination. He is no match for Jesus Christ.

And, for those who believe in a god, how can you belong to churches who do not pay taxes but do not put that money into their own community?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, churches do SOME good but if they really followed the teachings of their god, there would be no homeless and no hungry.

WOULD YOU like to tell us the dollar amount you have given to feed the poor this year????? TALK IS CHEAP!!! HUH??

Actually quite a lot. Instead of exchanging gifts, we adopt families at xmas as well as donating to the food pantry and the homeless shelter.

"liberals"? What an interesting excuse for a "christian" to use. For all your preaching, you're the least christian-like person I've seen in a long time.

My bet is you're just another one of those who would kick a hungry child out of the way.

"QUITE A LOT"?????? that is your idea of "quite a lot?????? TYPICAL LIBERAL=ALL TALK!!!

Satan is an arch angel but he rebelled against God and he continues to do so today. However, he does serve a very important purpose within God's will. He can do NOTHING without God allowing it. His main purpose is to test our (Christians') faith. Job was tempted but so was Jesus Christ tempted. Job passed his trial as did Christ. Satan exists and his influence is strong. It's getting stronger by the day but it's finite. It will end and he will end up in chains. The faith of a true Christian is under a major trial today but we can be fully protected from the fiery darts of the enemy if we don the full gospel armor of Jesus Christ. He warned us of this day but He also comforted us with the promise of salvation if we endure until the end.

Find me the Scripture passage that says Satan rebelled against God.

There are several. 'I saw satan fall like lightning'. Jude, etc.

Have you read the "I wills of Satan"?

Isaiah 14:12-15

Isaiah 14 (Blue Letter Bible: KJV - King James Version)

That sounds like prophecy to me, one reflecting the end times foretold in Revelation. Thus, Satan will rebel against God, but has not yet.

Sorry Luddly, but GISMYS will never understand you if you put it that way. Perhaps you should explain it to him like this:
30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”
Luke 10:30-37.
GISMYS, Luddly is saying you are the priest, the person who with all of their defense of Scripture doesn't have the heart of it.

WHY post to the world that you are a FOOL????????? == Only a fool would say to himself, “There is no God.” And why does he say it? Because of his wicked heart, his dark and evil deeds. His life is corroded with sin. PSALM 53:1

When Christians imagine Satan, I for one have always seen that people tend to picture him as some malevolent anti-god of sorts who rules a fiery domain known as Hell. But if one were a Bible thumper literalist, one would dispute that claim by quoting the first chapter of Job:
6 One day the angels came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them. 7 The LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?" Satan answered the LORD, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it." 8 Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil." 9 "Does Job fear God for nothing?" Satan replied. 10 "Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face." 12 The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, then, everything he has is in your hands, but on the man himself do not lay a finger." Then Satan went out from the presence of the LORD.
This passage implies 2 things:
1. Satan was still an angel by the time of Job, and thus not the evil serpent in Eden who persuaded Eve to bite the fruit.
2. God lets Satan do just about whatever the hell (pun intended) he wants, and doesn't treat him with contempt.

BTW, I will be playing the role of Bible Thumper Literalist for this discussion. This does not reflect my honest and personal views.

Playing the role of... :eusa_eh:

When Christians imagine Satan, I for one have always seen that people tend to picture him as some malevolent anti-god of sorts who rules a fiery domain known as Hell. But if one were a Bible thumper literalist, one would dispute that claim by quoting the first chapter of Job:
6 One day the angels came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them. 7 The LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?" Satan answered the LORD, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it." 8 Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil." 9 "Does Job fear God for nothing?" Satan replied. 10 "Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face." 12 The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, then, everything he has is in your hands, but on the man himself do not lay a finger." Then Satan went out from the presence of the LORD.
1. Satan was still an angel by the time of Job, and thus not the evil serpent in Eden who persuaded Eve to bite the fruit.
2. God lets Satan do just about whatever the hell (pun intended) he wants, and doesn't treat him with contempt.

BTW, I will be playing the role of Bible Thumper Literalist for this discussion. This does not reflect my honest and personal views.

Playing the role of... :eusa_eh:

(Shrugs)
I felt people like GISMYS failed to even comprehend what was being used against him in an argument, so I thought acting as a Bible thumper who takes every word as fact and yet arguing against him may help arguments run more smoothly.

You do know that Job is a work of literature, don't you? A parable designed to teach deeper truths?

Parables are an earthly truth coupled with a heavenly truth. There is little about heaven here. Job is scripture.

*sigh*

Forum List

Back