Satan's Role in Christian Religion

WOULD YOU like to tell us the dollar amount you have given to feed the poor this year????? TALK IS CHEAP!!! HUH??

Actually quite a lot. Instead of exchanging gifts, we adopt families at xmas as well as donating to the food pantry and the homeless shelter.

"liberals"? What an interesting excuse for a "christian" to use. For all your preaching, you're the least christian-like person I've seen in a long time.

My bet is you're just another one of those who would kick a hungry child out of the way.

Sorry Luddly, but GISMYS will never understand you if you put it that way. Perhaps you should explain it to him like this:
30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”
Luke 10:30-37.
GISMYS, Luddly is saying you are the priest, the person who with all of their defense of Scripture doesn't have the heart of it.

One of the most interesting parts of the parable of the Good Samaritan is the hero of the story is from a different faith tradition than the people Jesus is addressing. The Samaritan never converts, he remains a Samaritan and not a Jew. Yet he is the one Jesus holds up as the exemplar of what it means to be right with God.
Perhaps those Buddhists aren't so doomed after all.

little man,when will you learn ALMIGHTY GOD makes the rules not you. God's word says there is no amount of "good" works that will save you but if you have accepted JESUS as your Lord and Savior you will want to do good works, not to buy your salvation but because you have salvation bought for you with the blood and life of JESUS on that Roman cross.

little man,when will you learn ALMIGHTY GOD makes the rules not you. God's word says there is no amount of "good" works that will save you but if you have accepted JESUS as your Lord and Savior you will want to do good works, not to buy your salvation but because you have salvation bought for you with the blood and life of JESUS on that Roman cross.

That damned Samaritan never knew he was doomed.
What a shame.

What a shame.

YES!!! WITHOUT JESUS we are all doomed!!! as JESUS says,"NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER BUT BY ME">

What a shame.

YES!!! WITHOUT JESUS we are all doomed!!! as JESUS says,"NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER BUT BY ME">

So you agree that the one held up as a paragon of how to live by Jesus is going to eternally burn in the lake of fire.
Got it.

What a shame.

So you agree that the one held up as a paragon of how to live by Jesus is going to eternally burn in the lake of fire.
Got it.

All JESUS says about the samaritan is=“Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”
WISE UP!!!

Got it.

All JESUS says about the samaritan is=“Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”
WISE UP!!!

Because of his kindness, you have been saved through trusting Christ. And even trusting is not of yourselves; it too is a gift from God. 9 Salvation is not a reward for the good we have done, so none of us can take any credit for it. 10 It is God himself who has made us what we are and given us new lives from Christ Jesus; and long ages ago he planned that we should spend these lives in helping others.EPHESIANS 2:8-10

Got it.

WISE UP!!!

So Jesus didn't really see him as good?
What is the point of making him a Samaritan in the story?
Was that just an insignificant detail, a mistake on Jesus' part?

Got it.

WISE UP!!!

WOW!!! MUST I TELL YOU EVERYTHING???? THE JEWS HATED THE SAMARITANS, JESUS was showing that the hurt JEW was helped by a man he hated because the samaritan had compassion and was a good neighbor, while the Jew's own people just walked by and had no compassion.

25 One day an expert in religious law stood up to test Jesus by asking him this question: “Teacher, what should I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 Jesus replied, “What does the law of Moses say? How do you read it?”

27 The man answered, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind.’ And, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”

28 “Right!” Jesus told him. “Do this and you will live!”

29 The man wanted to justify his actions, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

Parable of the Good Samaritan

30 Jesus replied with a story: “A Jewish man was traveling from Jerusalem down to Jericho, and he was attacked by bandits. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him up, and left him half dead beside the road.

31 “By chance a priest came along. But when he saw the man lying there, he crossed to the other side of the road and passed him by. 32 A Temple assistant walked over and looked at him lying there, but he also passed by on the other side.

33 “Then a despised Samaritan came along, and when he saw the man, he felt compassion for him. 34 Going over to him, the Samaritan soothed his wounds with olive oil and wine and bandaged them. Then he put the man on his own donkey and took him to an inn, where he took care of him. 35 The next day he handed the innkeeper two silver coins, telling him, ‘Take care of this man. If his bill runs higher than this, I’ll pay you the next time I’m here.’

36 “Now which of these three would you say was a neighbor to the man who was attacked by bandits?” Jesus asked.

37 The man replied, “The one who showed him mercy.”

Then Jesus said, “Yes, now go and do the same.”
LUKE 10:25-37

WISE UP!!!

WOW!!! MUST I TELL YOU EVERYTHING???? THE JEWS HATED THE SAMARITANS, JESUS was showing that the hurt JEW was helped by a man he hated because the samaritan had compassion and was a good neighbor, while the Jew's own people just walked by and had no compassion.

So the guy of the OTHER faith was the hero!
Interesting, isn't it?

Interesting, isn't it?

samaritans believe in the same GOD as JEWS! DO SOME RESEARCH BRFORE YOU LOOK SO SILLY.

Interesting, isn't it?

samaritans believe in the same GOD as JEWS! DO SOME RESEARCH BRFORE YOU LOOK SO SILLY.

Samaritans' beliefs are similar to those of Judaism: belief in one god, belief that the first books of the Bible are true, belief that Moses is the only prophet. They also believe that Mount Gerizim is sacred. The Samaritans believe that their people and traditions came before the Jews.

Interesting, isn't it?

Religiously the Samaritans are adherents of Samaritanism, an Abrahamic religion, the most closely related to Judaism. Based on the Samaritan Pentateuch,[3] Samaritans assert their worship is the true religion of the ancient Israelites prior to the Babylonian Exile, preserved by those who remained in the Land of Israel, as opposed to Judaism, which they assert is a related but altered and amended religion, brought back by those returning from the Babylonian exile.

They thought they were a different religion and that Judaism had gotten it wrong.
But you would know better, of course.
Muslims believe in the Abrahamic god as well.

Interesting, isn't it?

Religiously the Samaritans are adherents of Samaritanism, an Abrahamic religion, the most closely related to Judaism. Based on the Samaritan Pentateuch,[3] Samaritans assert their worship is the true religion of the ancient Israelites prior to the Babylonian Exile, preserved by those who remained in the Land of Israel, as opposed to Judaism, which they assert is a related but altered and amended religion, brought back by those returning from the Babylonian exile.

They thought they were a different religion and that Judaism had gotten it wrong.
But you would know better, of course.
Muslims believe in the Abrahamic god as well.

Why compound your ignorance here??? muslims believe in a FALSE god. DO SOME RESEARCH!!! MUSLIMS hate JEWS and to them Jesus IS NOT THE Son of God!!!

Last edited:
sometimes I wonder why people who don't like to talk about religion hang around a religion forum......

BTW, did you notice the title of this forum?

What is ethical about hungry and homeless children?
Im trying to remember the last time I saw an Athiest food kitchen that feeds the poor and provides them groceries. Im trying to recall the last homeless shelter that is not Christian. What. Are the roots of the Salvation Army, goodwill, YMCA, the Red Cross...

So many Christian organizations and churches do so much for the community. I cannot think of one athiest group that compares and does as much as Christians

sometimes I wonder why people who don't like to talk about religion hang around a religion forum......

Im trying to remember the last time I saw an Athiest food kitchen that feeds the poor and provides them groceries. Im trying to recall the last homeless shelter that is not Christian. What. Are the roots of the Salvation Army, goodwill, YMCA, the Red Cross...

So many Christian organizations and churches do so much for the community. I cannot think of one athiest group that compares and does as much as Christians

Try UNICEF.

Try UNICEF.

the face of the Christian church ... they create who they then sheepishly help.

Forum List

Back