Say you were born black to white parents

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021
Somehow mom and dad are okay with this.

What advantages would you have?

1. You'd be from a better zip code and employers wouldn't throw out your job application just because it was from a bad zip code.

2. Your parents would have enough money to help you through college.

3. Your parents would have contacts to get you a job. There's nothing like nepotism.

4. Your school would be better because property taxes are higher and school zone can afford better teachers and equipment.

What else?

1. You'd be from a better zip code and employers wouldn't throw out your job application just because it was from a bad zip code.

3. Your parents would have contacts to get you a job. There's nothing like nepotism.

4. Your school would be better because property taxes are higher and school zone can afford better teachers and equipment.

What else?
sounds like youre saying black people are poor stupid degenerates that live only in slums???

is that what youre saying??

What else?
You would be smart enough to know mom cheated on dad.

What else?
Eh?

What else?
All of those could be true and all of those could not be true... Depends on the family. Strange generalization you are making... What exactly are you wanting to discuss here?

I'd personally make it more of a class issue. I've seen some evidence to suggest that when all else is equal, there's still racial discrimination, but regardless, most disadvantages are derived from one's own economic status. And it happens that there's a very clear hierarchy in terms of median wealth for different races.

Some will argue that poor people can “pull themselves up by the bootstraps,” but the statistical norm is very real, independent of individuals. If change is genuinely desired, focusing on the fact that individuals can do X, Y, and Z isn't particularly productive. The focus should always be statistical, with some human concerns taken into account.

Well gawddamn - so my black neighbors have a different zip code than I do? :eek:

Because dey white, and all whites be rich.

Really? I'm going to sue my parents for never getting me a job..

What else?

Racist fuck is stupid - but what racist isn't stupid?

:dunno:

I'd personally make it more of a class issue. I've seen some evidence to suggest that when all else is equal, there's still racial discrimination, but regardless, most disadvantages are derived from one's own economic status. And it happens that there's a very clear hierarchy in terms of median wealth for different races.

Some will argue that poor people can “pull themselves up by the bootstraps,” but the statistical norm is very real, independent of individuals. If change is genuinely desired, focusing on the fact that individuals can do X, Y, and Z isn't particularly productive. The focus should always be statistical, with some human concerns taken into account.

But can't race determine your class status to an extent? Poverty is a bigger burden for blacks than it is for whites.

I think you are seriously underestimating how many poor white people there are.
And there you have it. We don't have a racism problem, we have an income inequality problem. CRT is stupid. The problem is not race, in reality, it never really was. It is lack of income, lack of education, and lack of opportunity. Today, TODAY, a student in the lowest quintile of income in the highest quintile of SAT scores has a lesser chance of graduating from college than someone in the lowest quintile of SAT scores in the highest quintile of income. That is FUBARED.

Johnny, whose daddy owns a car dealership, slides through high school with a bunch of C's and many days in detention. He will graduate from some college somewhere that is more than willing to take Daddy's money and get a good job and have a nice career thanks to Daddy's contacts. Meanwhile Jack, who grew up in poverty but graduated at the top of his class, will never make it through college. Financial constraints, responsibilities at home, will forbid him from graduating and he will work a menial job and stay in poverty. Great for Johnny, tough shit for Jack. But the real victims, all of us, as we lose the enhanced productivity we could have gotten if spoiled ass Johnny would be working the menial job and the genius Jack had a position of power and strength.

And there you have it. We don't have a racism problem, we have an income inequality problem. CRT is stupid. The problem is not race, in reality, it never really was. It is lack of income, lack of education, and lack of opportunity. Today, TODAY, a student in the lowest quintile of income in the highest quintile of SAT scores has a lesser chance of graduating from college than someone in the lowest quintile of SAT scores in the highest quintile of income. That is FUBARED.

Johnny, whose daddy owns a car dealership, slides through high school with a bunch of C's and many days in detention. He will graduate from some college somewhere that is more than willing to take Daddy's money and get a good job and have a nice career thanks to Daddy's contacts. Meanwhile Jack, who grew up in poverty but graduated at the top of his class, will never make it through college. Financial constraints, responsibilities at home, will forbid him from graduating and he will work a menial job and stay in poverty. Great for Johnny, tough shit for Jack. But the real victims, all of us, as we lose the enhanced productivity we could have gotten if spoiled ass Johnny would be working the menial job and the genius Jack had a position of power and strength.
Rubbish. Opportunities are abundant for anyone willing to take advantage of them.

While you (or something) writes well, the text is far too patent and completely devoid of any original thought.

You need a safe space.

But can't race determine your class status to an extent? Poverty is a bigger burden for blacks than it is for whites.
It's a bigger problem for blacks and whites, yes, but it's not a black problem, it's a poor problem. Blacks are disproportionately poor because for historical reasons specifically targeting them, but the result--poverty--affects all victims negatively. That's why I'd argue we should focus primarily on addressing poverty, regardless of race. That doesn't mean eliminating poverty, necessarily, but leveling the playing field for those of different economic classes.

Essentially, yeah, different races are disproportionally the victim of poverty, but poverty is terrible for all of those that find themselves a victim of it, so I'd respectfully argue that we should address poverty itself primarily.
While you (or something) writes well, the text is far too patent and completely devoid of any original thought.

You need a safe space.
Ah, I figured it out. You think I need a safe space because my thoughts aren't original. Then why aren't you telling everyone else they need a safe space? After all, none of their thoughts are original, realistically-speaking.

Utter BS.

Jack can get an education in a lucrative trade, begin earning good dollars right out of class (roughly 18 months), and be making as much as any gender studies graduate (that's right, I said graduate) and will likely be able to pay for college if that is his desire without having to go underwater in debt.

Whereas little Jonny is a fuck up and will remain a fuck up his whole life and will never reach his father's level of success unless he gets his act together.

Either way, equal opportunity exists for everyone in this nation. If someone, regardless of race, fails to take advantage of t that, you can lay blame on that person and maybe their loser of a parent(s).

What else?

WTF? why do you assume all WHITE families can afford to send their kids to school and have vast business contacts? And why you assume all white people live in good zip codes?
You need to make an amendment to your O.P. and become more factual. try looking up actual facts.
How many millions of poor white people do you think live in the U.S.?

"SOMEHOW MOM AND DAD ARE OK WITH THIS"..... lol... wtf is that supposed to even mean?
Were your parents ok with dropping you on your head when you were born? Is that the explanation for this O.P.??

please advise.

What else?

1. In rural America, zip codes meant nothing. When I started hiring, I never looked at zip codes. Why would I?

2. Parents were white, I paid for my college.

3. I got jobs without the help of my parents.

4. BS, I lived in rural America, all colors meant you worked of a farm.

Ah, I figured it out. You think I need a safe space because my thoughts aren't original. Then why aren't you telling everyone else they need a safe space? After all, none of their thoughts are original, realistically-speaking.
I gather from this I am not the first to suggest a safe space for you.

If a little Negro kid comes out of a White mom then I think Mom has a whole lot of 'splaining to do.

Forum List

Back