Scalise: "I'm a David Duke Republican"

Gee is there a link here somewhere or do we just take the word of a known liar like Assoholic that another known liar like Rachel Maddow is telling us the truth?
Google “David Duke without the baggage", you dumbass motherfucker.
4i6Ckte.gif

Earnest noted that Scalise had reportedly described himself as “David Duke without the baggage,” and that Republicans had placed a priority on outreach to minority groups.

You can quote Rabbi directly just by saying 'google is you
I see Assoholic has abandoned this thread because there is no proof Scalise ever described himself as a David Duke Republican.
Shouldn't willful lying on this forum be bannable?

You'd be long gone then.

The stupid quote feature on here won't erase incomplete posts.

What the Rabbi told me once is,

Google is your friend, asshole,

...when he was asked to back up something with a link.

Holy shit - Rachel Maddow has uncovered interviews from the late 1990s and early 2000s, where Scalise declares that he's a "David Duke Republican" and that he's "David Duke, without the baggage".

I will post the video tomorrow, but you will all be familiar with it by then.
4i6Ckte.gif
I don't want to wade through all these pages, where did you post the video?

It's not posted until the next day. Here it is:

Duke threatens to expose connections to House over Scalise punishment MSNBC

Last edited:
So I've been doing some digging. I am not sure that Maddow has video footage of Scalise saying he was David Duke without the baggage. It sounds to me like this latest cycle is about an article by someone who interviewed Scalise years ago, and that reporter's current recollections are that he told her was David Duke without the baggage.

Here is what I believe is the source material: Stephanie Grace Scalise's pitch to Duke supporters seems plausible
This is what I remember about the first time I met Steve Scalise nearly 20 years ago: He told me he was like David Duke without the baggage.

I was a new reporter covering Jefferson Parish, and Scalise, now the majority whip in the U.S. House of Representatives, was just starting out in the Louisiana Legislature (I’m going from memory, but the exchange obviously stuck with me).

Not unequivocal, but the noose is certainly tightening around Scalise's neck.

Another potential candidate, state Rep. Steve Scalise (R), said he embraces many of the same “conservative” views as Duke, but is far more viable.

“The novelty of David Duke has worn off,” said Scalise. “The voters in this district are smart enough to realize that they need to get behind someone who not only believes in the issues they care about, but also can get elected. Duke has proven that he can’t get elected, and that’s the first and most important thing.”

qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif

So the same hearsay and unsubstantiated claims......

So I've been doing some digging. I am not sure that Maddow has video footage of Scalise saying he was David Duke without the baggage. It sounds to me like this latest cycle is about an article by someone who interviewed Scalise years ago, and that reporter's current recollections are that he told her was David Duke without the baggage.

Here is what I believe is the source material: Stephanie Grace Scalise's pitch to Duke supporters seems plausible
This is what I remember about the first time I met Steve Scalise nearly 20 years ago: He told me he was like David Duke without the baggage.

I was a new reporter covering Jefferson Parish, and Scalise, now the majority whip in the U.S. House of Representatives, was just starting out in the Louisiana Legislature (I’m going from memory, but the exchange obviously stuck with me).

Another potential candidate, state Rep. Steve Scalise (R), said he embraces many of the same “conservative” views as Duke, but is far more viable.

“The novelty of David Duke has worn off,” said Scalise. “The voters in this district are smart enough to realize that they need to get behind someone who not only believes in the issues they care about, but also can get elected. Duke has proven that he can’t get elected, and that’s the first and most important thing.”

qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif

It's not hearsay when it is being reported by the media, dumbass.

qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif

:lmao:

So you have a cite to source for the first hand account then, yeah?

This guy is indefensible. He is going to cause some damage. Look for more GOP to distance themselves big time.

qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
Let's see: Search for words "David Duke Republican." No results found.
You're still lying.

Gee is there a link here somewhere or do we just take the word of a known liar like Assoholic that another known liar like Rachel Maddow is telling us the truth?
Google “David Duke without the baggage", you dumbass motherfucker.
4i6Ckte.gif

Earnest noted that Scalise had reportedly described himself as “David Duke without the baggage,” and that Republicans had placed a priority on outreach to minority groups.

You can quote Rabbi directly just by saying 'google is you
I see Assoholic has abandoned this thread because there is no proof Scalise ever described himself as a David Duke Republican.
Shouldn't willful lying on this forum be bannable?

You'd be long gone then.

The stupid quote feature on here won't erase incomplete posts.

What the Rabbi told me once is,

Google is your friend, asshole,

...when he was asked to back up something with a link.
Butt hurt much?

qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif

Yes. Haven't you been reading the thread?

But wait, there's more!

This is from a 1999 interview of Scalise:

That is not a recollection. That is what was said by Scalise in 1999.

Oopsie!

i.e. he's Duke without all the Racism stuff, which means, he's a conservative type, like countless of other people can be called.

What's bothering to lefties is "without the baggage", when they know that every republican has one. Republican without baggage, that's unacceptable!

qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif

Where's the proof, asshole?

As of this moment, the story is that someone said that he said that to them.

Is that correct, or have I missed something?

That is correct. Roll Call claims that they did an interview based around Duke in 1999 and that Scalise was quoted saying he agrees with many of Duke's conservative values and that the Duke novelty has worn off. However, this is being put forth now as a quote from them minus any cite source to the first hand account. Meaning they are playing telephone and hoping no one catches on Synthaholic seems to have fallen for this nefarious reporting tactic.

As of this moment, the story is that someone said that he said that to them.

Is that correct, or have I missed something?

That is correct. Roll Call claims that they did an interview based around Duke in 1999 and that Scalise was quoted saying he agrees with many of Duke's conservative values and that the Duke novelty has worn off. However, this is being put forth now as a quote from them minus any cite source to the first hand account. Meaning they are playing telephone and hoping no one catches on Synthaholic seems to have fallen for this nefarious reporting tactic.

Well, obviously that's not good enough.

But again, it doesn't matter, as the usual suspects have gotten what they want from this "story".

Division. Not healing, division. As always.

LOL, using Stormfront as a reference when it suits you.
ROTFLMBAO @ denouncing Storm Front when it suits you.

lachen001.gif
lachen001.gif
lachen001.gif
lachen001.gif
lachen001.gif
lachen001.gif
lachen001.gif
lachen001.gif
lachen001.gif
lachen001.gif

I would denounce Stormfront at the drop of a hat. That page is for ACTUAL racists, not the "racists" you see lurking in every post.

That you would even consider using them as any form of reliable reference shows your complete lack of moral fiber.
Scalise spoke at a David Duke event, EURO, where David Duke was one of the speakers, along with other speakers.

Are you telling me that Scalise didn't know he was speaking to a Neo-Nazi, White Supremacist, Klan gathering? He didn't hear any other the other speakers? He was in a hermetically sealed bag or something?
4i6Ckte.gif

Plus he's been caught in another lie: he says that he was there to talk about a specific tax plan, that he named. Turns out that tax plan wasn't in existence yet.

Just a little research, folks, turns up all kinds of dirt.

Supposedly he was at another speaking event prior to the EURO event, held in the same hotel. but you just ignore that little tidbit because it doesn't fit your narrative.

as for your second point, LOL, you are now combing any statement he made for inaccuracies. Find any up to the level of "you like your plan, you keep your plan, period."?

qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif

Where's the proof, asshole?
Already posted, dope.

Forum List

Back