School has brutal reply after Muslim issues threat over daughters lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article stated no such thing.
The article states she might sue. Try a reading comprehension class.
Quit the rudeness.
The mother might indeed sue the district for disregarding the doctor's note. There is nothing in the poorly written report which suggests that the suit would be requiring that all students be on the same medical protocol.

What doctors note?
If you go to the article you will read that the mother of the child delivered a doctor's letter to the school informing it that her daughter was not to be given pork to eat.

For what reason? Last time I checked being muslim isnt a medical condition.
You could argue a mental condition for sure though.
Medical histories are usually confidential in the USA.

Growing up Muslim I've dealt with some of the slick stuff people try to do to you when it comes to food.

I'm not accusing the school of intentionally feeding her daughter pork, but I have been in situations where I have accidentally eaten pork because people have failed to inform me there was pork in it ( even when I asked prior to eating ) and they knew damn well there was pork in it.

Yes you should inform your child of what to eat, she's a 2nd grader so she may not be sure of what is in every food.

When I was in the 4th and 5th grade, I had a lunch lady who was generous enough to let me if something had pork in it. But not every lunch lady is so generous.

However, I do think the mother should just send a packed lunch to school to be on the safe side. The mother should be glad her daughter attends a school where packed lunches are allowed because many schools nowadays do not allow lunch from home.
What is unacceptable about this story if it is true is twofold:
1) The report is poorly written and it did not indicate to whom the mother issued a threat of a lawsuit. We are informed that the school district made the reply but no name or position is attached to the reply. Nevertheless, the tone of the letter is indeed "brutal" and unbecoming of an educational institution. It was wrong to write in such a hostile way and I am surprised that the district lawyer would let such a letter be sent to the mother.
2) Regardless of any religious motive the mother might have had, she did provide the school with a doctor's note stating that the child should not be given any pork or its products. Schools must honor medical notes. Consider a child who has an allergy which could prove serious if disregarded by the school. The school district is, without question, leaving itself open to a lawsuit.
Allergy? Pack a lunch, problem solved. Can't eat certain meats or foods because of religion? Pack a lunch.
Schools in the USA cannot discriminate by refusing food to children based on their medical conditions.

So what was the threat dumb ass, or is that just more stuff you made up like usual?
They threatened with a lawsuit, try reading the story.

Nancy told Tucson News Now she’s hoping others will learn from this but says if it continues, she may file a civil lawsuit.

'may file a lawsuit'- you consider that a threat?

And of course the school's 'brutal reply' was issued before that terrifying 'threat'

You poor terrified little snowflakes.
I would consider a lawsuit a threat, even if I knew I would win it. Lawyers are expensive.

The bottom meme says it all for those who know this is America. Don't try and change our Country or our ways into your ways. If your ways are so great wth did you leave your country for.

So eating pork is the American way? If you ask me, all meats whether its pork or beef should be banned from schools. Its cancer causing and heart disease causing, but that's another topic for another day.

This mother wasn't asking for all students to be barred from eating pork. She was simply asking her own child not be fed it. The child is 7 years old. She still needs guidance on what to eat.

I agree the mother should just pack a lunch, but this notion that asking your not be fed pork is ridiculous.

Do you find it ridiculous when Jewish people ask for kosher options?

Yes, if they want kosher food, then they need to pack a lunch. I had allergies as a child, my mom packed my lunch. We didn't expect the school to make exceptions for what I could not eat. It wasn't a big deal, some people just can't take responsibility for their own lives.
Some American families home school. Then parents can provide food and lessons too.

The article states she might sue. Try a reading comprehension class.
Quit the rudeness.
The mother might indeed sue the district for disregarding the doctor's note. There is nothing in the poorly written report which suggests that the suit would be requiring that all students be on the same medical protocol.

What doctors note?
If you go to the article you will read that the mother of the child delivered a doctor's letter to the school informing it that her daughter was not to be given pork to eat.

For what reason? Last time I checked being muslim isnt a medical condition.
You could argue a mental condition for sure though.
Medical histories are usually confidential in the USA.

What a tard.....

Growing up Muslim I've dealt with some of the slick stuff people try to do to you when it comes to food.

I'm not accusing the school of intentionally feeding her daughter pork, but I have been in situations where I have accidentally eaten pork because people have failed to inform me there was pork in it ( even when I asked prior to eating ) and they knew damn well there was pork in it.

Yes you should inform your child of what to eat, she's a 2nd grader so she may not be sure of what is in every food.

When I was in the 4th and 5th grade, I had a lunch lady who was generous enough to let me if something had pork in it. But not every lunch lady is so generous.

However, I do think the mother should just send a packed lunch to school to be on the safe side. The mother should be glad her daughter attends a school where packed lunches are allowed because many schools nowadays do not allow lunch from home.
1) The report is poorly written and it did not indicate to whom the mother issued a threat of a lawsuit. We are informed that the school district made the reply but no name or position is attached to the reply. Nevertheless, the tone of the letter is indeed "brutal" and unbecoming of an educational institution. It was wrong to write in such a hostile way and I am surprised that the district lawyer would let such a letter be sent to the mother.
2) Regardless of any religious motive the mother might have had, she did provide the school with a doctor's note stating that the child should not be given any pork or its products. Schools must honor medical notes. Consider a child who has an allergy which could prove serious if disregarded by the school. The school district is, without question, leaving itself open to a lawsuit.
Allergy? Pack a lunch, problem solved. Can't eat certain meats or foods because of religion? Pack a lunch.
Schools in the USA cannot discriminate by refusing food to children based on their medical conditions.

Really? When was the last time an inhabitant of the EU like you was a student or teacher in a public school in the US? Please, tell us more! Inquiring minds want to know!

Read the link. The mother is very upset. Poor thing. Sending her brat to school with a lunch is not doable. No no. She INSISTS the whole school change for her religion.

Exactly how much does the whole school have to change so they don't put pork on one little girl's plate? Doesn't sound like her request is that big.

You feed hundreds of kids a day, if they don't want a food they ask not to be given it. Maybe the mother should go to the school and eat with her daughter to make sure her daughter won't be violated.

All she is asking is that they don't put pork on her daughter's plate. Doesn't sound that complicated or unreasonable to me. If you had a kid allergic to peanuts, it wouldn't be unreasonable to ask them not to put peanut butter cookies on his plate, would it?

300 students let's say, per day, you going to remember every child's dietary needs?

Really? That looks too complicated for you to figure out? When pork is served, they know to prepare x number of alternative meals. When the kid gets in line, she tells them she needs one of those. Problem solved, unless you need some pictures to help you understand.

So what was the threat dumb ass, or is that just more stuff you made up like usual?

Nancy told Tucson News Now she’s hoping others will learn from this but says if it continues, she may file a civil lawsuit.

And of course the school's 'brutal reply' was issued before that terrifying 'threat'

Why say you may file a civil suit? She didn't need to say that, however if she wanted to get attention of the school district, you are going to make a threat and she did.

Wasn't a threat dumb ass. Just a courtesy to let them know what she would do next if they couldn't work out a solution.

So telling someone if they can't get this solved I am going to so, and that is not a threat? It is to me.

Sure, but you're a whiney bitch.

Read the link. The mother is very upset. Poor thing. Sending her brat to school with a lunch is not doable. No no. She INSISTS the whole school change for her religion.

Exactly how much does the whole school have to change so they don't put pork on one little girl's plate? Doesn't sound like her request is that big.

You feed hundreds of kids a day, if they don't want a food they ask not to be given it. Maybe the mother should go to the school and eat with her daughter to make sure her daughter won't be violated.

All she is asking is that they don't put pork on her daughter's plate. Doesn't sound that complicated or unreasonable to me. If you had a kid allergic to peanuts, it wouldn't be unreasonable to ask them not to put peanut butter cookies on his plate, would it?

300 students let's say, per day, you going to remember every child's dietary needs?

300 students let's say per day- and 5 kids have special dietary needs- how hard is it to remember those 5 kids?

No problem. The kids can tell them when they get in line.

300 students let's say per day- and 5 kids have special dietary needs- how hard is it to remember those 5 kids?

Five are you sure? Because lots and lots of food allergies out there. How many cooks are there, of course maybe the teacher should handle it over the cooks. Let the teacher worry, they have more one on one time than cooks.

When I was in school I had allergies and brought a lunch. It was never a school issue it was my issue. Sounds like a lazy parent.

So sad! Keep crying! Poor poor children. This girl has a religious not a health reason.

The bottom meme says it all for those who know this is America. Don't try and change our Country or our ways into your ways. If your ways are so great wth did you leave your country for.

So eating pork is the American way? If you ask me, all meats whether its pork or beef should be banned from schools. Its cancer causing and heart disease causing, but that's another topic for another day.

This mother wasn't asking for all students to be barred from eating pork. She was simply asking her own child not be fed it. The child is 7 years old. She still needs guidance on what to eat.

I agree the mother should just pack a lunch, but this notion that asking your not be fed pork is ridiculous.

Do you find it ridiculous when Jewish people ask for kosher options?

Yes, if they want kosher food, then they need to pack a lunch. I had allergies as a child, my mom packed my lunch. We didn't expect the school to make exceptions for what I could not eat. It wasn't a big deal, some people just can't take responsibility for their own lives.
Some American families home school. Then parents can provide food and lessons too.

Works for me, it's your kid, you do what you need to do.

Really? That looks too complicated for you to figure out? When pork is served, they know to prepare x number of alternative meals. When the kid gets in line, she tells them she needs one of those. Problem solved, unless you need some pictures to help you understand.

The seven year old ate pork because she did not tell them no nor knew she had to say know. The school had worked with the parent and slipped up twice in the entire year, so she threatens to sue.

Why say you may file a civil suit? She didn't need to say that, however if she wanted to get attention of the school district, you are going to make a threat and she did.

Wasn't a threat dumb ass. Just a courtesy to let them know what she would do next if they couldn't work out a solution.

So telling someone if they can't get this solved I am going to so, and that is not a threat? It is to me.

Sure, but you're a whiney bitch.

A pussy calling me a bitch, lol! That I will take as a compliment from you.

Again pussy, the girl didn't tell them and the parent held the school responsible, you are one dumb mother fucker!

The seven year old ate pork because she did not tell them no nor knew she had to say know. The school had worked with the parent and slipped up twice in the entire year, so she threatens to sue.

Here's an idea. Every time they serve pork, tell the class just before lunch, and each student will tell the lunch ladies themselves. Might be a problem for 1st graders, but they should be able to deal with it by 2nd or 3rd.

Again pussy, the girl didn't tell them and the parent held the school responsible, you are one dumb mother fucker!

Didn't read the OP link, did you? They gave her a bacon cheeseburger, and when she said she wasn't supposed to have that, they told her to just take it off. The mother as upset because the bacon had leached into the rest of the burger.

Didn't read the OP link, did you? They gave her a bacon cheeseburger, and when she said she wasn't supposed to have that, they told her to just take it off. The mother as upset because the bacon had leached into the rest of the burger.

I hope they live through this, the poor girl will be traumatized for life. She will never be able to watch Porky Pig again.

The mother should be glad her daughter attends a school where packed lunches are allowed because many schools nowadays do not allow lunch from home.
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but why are meals made at home no longer allowed?

God bless you and those who can't afford the school food always!!!

Holly

Some schools feel like children will get more notorious foods from school rather than home. They can also stop kids from bringing junk from home.

Then in some cases its fear of nut/legume allergies as though allergies tend to be life threatning . So the school can sure no other child brings foods containing nuts.

Children who cannot afford the lunch age given a voucher.

Now ban on packed lunches isn't that widespread but it is occurringecore often.

Most schools do now have a list of banned foods though.

Five are you sure? Because lots and lots of food allergies out there. How many cooks are there, of course maybe the teacher should handle it over the cooks. Let the teacher worry, they have more one on one time than cooks.

When I was in school I had allergies and brought a lunch. It was never a school issue it was my issue. Sounds like a lazy parent.
Do be aware that not all parents are like yours. There is a legal issue involved here. Schools are required to follow doctors' recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back