Scientists find areas of brain responsible for spirituality...

JimBo said:
Free will is something you queers don't like because it makes it plain that you sodomize each other by choice, not by Nature's call

Really? So you are saying that cows have free will?

Cow+mounting+cow.jpg
just the 'queer" ones...nobody chooses to be strait ...(tongue firmly in cheek)

Last survey I saw, about 80% of the American population does.

It is interesting what this bad analogy says about your conception of Christian theology and science.

Apparently you think that the Baptist church and other evangelical and fundamentalist protestant churches define Christianity.

Taint so dude.

Please show me where I made that claim.

Seriously, I come from a very devout family of Christians (Catholics, to be exact), with a very long family history of Catholicism (over 400 years). Fortunately, some of us have abandoned the nonsense and woke up. You?

Jim Bo said:
You do not seem to understand even the most basic things about Catholicism, so how could you possibly evaluate it as nonsense?

The Big Bang theory was developed by a Catholic priest, and priests and monks in the church make contributions to science on a regular basis. that does not fit your description at all. You are also apparently ignorant in regards to the arguments for the existence of God or else, if you are honest, you would recognize that faith in God is a rational thing to believe in, not irrational.

I don't know how you were raised or who taught you about Catholicism, but they really did a poor job of it, apparently.

You misunderstand. My issues with Catholicism have nothing to do with its views on science - most Catholics are, in fact, fairly scientifically literate, as my own family of scientists, engineers, doctors, and nurses aptly demonstrate.

Lol, so you think Catholics wrap themselves in a Bible?

Really, you are not making much sense.

JimBo said:
Free will is something you queers don't like because it makes it plain that you sodomize each other by choice, not by Nature's call

Really? So you are saying that cows have free will?

Cow+mounting+cow.jpg

Lol, that is not what is meant when discussing 'Natural' functions, dude, and you know it.

Lol, that is not what is meant when discussing 'Natural' functions, dude, and you know it.
false there are plenty of examples of gay sex in nature..

List of animals displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dude, when people speak of Natural LAw or Natures design, etc, they mean what it would appear thenatural function/design of an organ is.

In the case of sexual organs it is reproduction, not butt fucking.

You are being deliberately obtuse and dishonest to keep using the vernacular meaning.

false there are plenty of examples of gay sex in nature..

List of animals displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dude, when people speak of Natural LAw or Natures design, etc, they mean what it would appear thenatural function/design of an organ is.

You are being deliberately obtuse and dishonest to keep using the vernacular meaning.
as I just pointed out homosexuality occurs naturally...
it's your homophobia again!

It is interesting what this bad analogy says about your conception of Christian theology and science.

Apparently you think that the Baptist church and other evangelical and fundamentalist protestant churches define Christianity.

Taint so dude.

Please show me where I made that claim.

Jim Bo said:
You do not seem to understand even the most basic things about Catholicism, so how could you possibly evaluate it as nonsense?

The Big Bang theory was developed by a Catholic priest, and priests and monks in the church make contributions to science on a regular basis. that does not fit your description at all. You are also apparently ignorant in regards to the arguments for the existence of God or else, if you are honest, you would recognize that faith in God is a rational thing to believe in, not irrational.

I don't know how you were raised or who taught you about Catholicism, but they really did a poor job of it, apparently.

You misunderstand. My issues with Catholicism have nothing to do with its views on science - most Catholics are, in fact, fairly scientifically literate, as my own family of scientists, engineers, doctors, and nurses aptly demonstrate.

What part of my statement, above did you not understand? Are all creationists this illiterate? Really? I'm starting to believe it is true. Make me a liar.

The concept of Natural Order has been around long before I ever read of it, dinglewap.

It is pathetic how everything you read has to be some response to your sexual behavior, in your mind.

How can anyone regard that as either healthy or truthful? Answer; you don't give a shit.

What part of my statement, above did you not understand? Are all creationists this illiterate?

I am typing this and you assert I am illiterate? ??????

Really? I'm starting to believe it is true. Make me a liar.

Lol, ok, I will spell it out for you.

1) you say that Creationists wrap themselves in a Bible.

2) you say you left the Catholic church and regard some aspect of it at lest as nonsense.

3) you then say your family had scientists, engineers etc and apparently have some respect for them.

4) you say you were raised catholic but don't understand theological creationism and seem to confuse it with some kind of science.

And, again, I believe in evolution as a scientific process and in creationism as defined by the church for the cosmology.

What part of my statement, above did you not understand? Are all creationists this illiterate?

Really? I'm starting to believe it is true. Make me a liar.

Are you claiming they don't? What evidence can you provide that demonstrates otherwise?

JimBo said:
2) you say you left the Catholic church and regard some aspect of it at lest as nonsense.[/

That is correct.

JimBo said:
3) you then say your family had scientists, engineers etc and apparently have some respect for them.

They are family. Why wouldn't I?

JimBo said:
4) you say you were raised catholic but don't understand theological creationism and seem to confuse it with some kind of science.

Most Catholics, though they believe in god and that god is the cause of all things, don't subscribe to a literalist interpretation of the book of Genesis. My first exposure to the theory of evolution was in a science class taught in a Catholic school. And guess what? They didn't teach creationism, and don't today. The Catholic Church recognizes the theory of evolution.

JimBo said:
And, again, I believe in evolution as a scientific process and in creationism as defined by the church for the cosmology.

Did you know that the big bang theory was first proposed by a Catholic priest (as was genetics)?

The concept of Natural Order has been around long before I ever read of it, dinglewap.

It is pathetic how everything you read has to be some response to your sexual behavior, in your mind.

How can anyone regard that as either healthy or truthful? Answer; you don't give a shit.
as always your makin' shit up!
the concept of natural is a human concept not a "natural" one unless you believe in the god did it myth, however there is no evidence that god has ever done anything.unless you believe the aforementioned myth...

the concept of natural is a human concept not a "natural" one unless you believe in the god did it myth, however there is no evidence that god has ever done anything.unless you believe the aforementioned myth...

Whatever, you stupid fuck

the stupid fuck is you.....

the stupid fuck is you.....

You are not only stupid, you are boring.

Lol, you state that the development of a human egg into a person is proof of evolution and think everyone else around you to be stupid?

roflmao.

Are you claiming they don't? What evidence can you provide that demonstrates otherwise?

That most educated Christians around the world are theistic evolutionists, not YECers.

JimBo said:

Most Catholics, though they believe in god and that god is the cause of all things, don't subscribe to a literalist interpretation of the book of Genesis. My first exposure to the theory of evolution was in a science class taught in a Catholic school. And guess what? They didn't teach creationism, and don't today. The Catholic Church recognizes the theory of evolution.

So why do you ignore the Catholic PoV and keep using evangelical YECers to represent the Christian view? You don't think Catholics are Christian?

JimBo said:

Did you know that the big bang theory was first proposed by a Catholic priest (as was genetics)?

lol, you really don't read my posts as I was the first to mention that, lol. http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...sponsible-for-spirituality-4.html#post8699273

You do realize what a disservice to science you are engaging in here? You pretend to respond to things you don't even read and pose as though you have considered what you respond to.

But the Truth is you just come on here and fling out things that you probably don't give two seconds of thought to.

And people read your condescending pap then come away thinking that all scientists must be such arrogant asses.

Last edited:

That most educated Christians around the world are theistic evolutionists, not YECers.

That doesn't seem to prevent them from wrapping themselves up in the Bible.

That doesn't seem to prevent them from wrapping themselves up in the Bible.

So by wrapping themselves up in the Bible, they arrive at agreement with evolution?

Dude, you are spewing contradictory bilge.

Are some Christians are more open minded than others? Yes. So what? How does that fact negate the fact of other Christians who are not open minded? If you are angry because I point out the close minded ones, perhaps you should get your Christian house in order and stop blaming others for your own problems.

FREE WILL?

How many men here are willing to admit that they are WILLING THEMSELVES TO LIKE GIRLS?

I would guess none, because to suggest that also suggests that you NEED TO deny the urge to be gay.

Of course i have little doubt that that some of you are in that dilemma right now, and I do have sympathy for you poor self-loathing, sods, too.

You guys just keep hanging there telling yourselves that those weird urges you have aren't your gay nature asserting itself.

There's the ticket, lads..self denial.

:D

Forum List

Back