SCOTUS Strikes Down Unconstitutional Texas Abortion Law

The law was directly intended to restrict access to abortion rather than further women's health. But regardless of how one feels about abortion (and I admit to being conflicted) Mississippi is one of the affected states, and our child welfare agency was nearly taken over by the Feds for failure to actually protect children in state custody, and is still hanging by a thread despite a state supreme court justice taking over the agency and the state pumping in millions.

In short, the states so adamant about "protecting fetuses" seem the least interest in protecting children.

Exactly the process the Supreme Court goes by. They decide if they agree with a law and the reasoning for it and if not, they fix it. Which is not their Constitutional role. They are lawless criminals in robes

Until they do it in service of something you agree with, then they're filling their role appropriately.

Congratulations libs you can KILL more babies. I tell you what explain it to God and good luck with that.

Satan's baby murderers rejoice at the news.

Tissue?

Ah another liberal celebrating the mutilation and death of human feteses, talk about sick.
Wrong, dipshit. I'm celebrating the SCOTUS upholding constitutional rights

You are celebrating the right to barbarically rip human feteses limbs off and kill them, yeah that's sick.
Nope. I'm celebrating a woman's right to choose. Keep your nose out of their business

Actually, abortion isn't in the Constitution at all, which by the 10th amendment means it's a State power, not a Federal Power. The Supreme Court is a rogue, criminal organization that just makes up law

Still don't know how the constitution works, do you?

Um ... rrrriiiiiggghhhhttttt. What does the Constitution say? Anything you want it to!

The supreme court determines what the constitution means. I personally don't have much say in that.

Yes, that's exactly what the founding fathers said. We will provide a document strictly limiting federal government power, and it's up to the federal government to decide what those limits are. Sure, that's what they meant.

When you look up the word "enumerated" and learn what it means and apply that to "powers," let me know. Abortion isn't in the Constitution, that exercise will explain to you why ...

Oddly, the supreme court disagrees with you.
Abortion.—In Roe v. Wade,557 the Court established a right of personal privacy protected by the due process clause that includes the right of a woman to determine whether or not to bear a child. In doing so, the Court dramatically increased judicial oversight of legislation under the privacy line of cases, striking down aspects of abortion-related laws in practically all the States, the District of Columbia, and the territories. To reach this result, the Court first undertook a lengthy historical review of medical and legal views regarding abortion, finding that modern prohibitions on abortion were of relatively recent vintage and thus lacked the historical foundation which might have preserved them from constitutional review.558 Then, the Court established that the word "person" as used in the due process clause and in other provisions of the Constitution did not include the unborn, and therefore the unborn lacked federal constitutional protection.559 Finally, the Court summarily announced that the "Fourteenth Amendment's concept of personal liberty and restrictions upon state action" includes "a right of personal privacy, or a guarantee of certain areas or zones of privacy"560 and that "[t]his right of privacy . . . is broad enough to encompass a woman's decision whether or not to terminate her pregnancy."561

Um..OK? I think the Federal government doesn't get to tell us what our rights are. The Federal government disagrees, you think they can. And ?

The law was directly intended to restrict access to abortion rather than further women's health. But regardless of how one feels about abortion (and I admit to being conflicted) Mississippi is one of the affected states, and our child welfare agency was nearly taken over by the Feds for failure to actually protect children in state custody, and is still hanging by a thread despite a state supreme court justice taking over the agency and the state pumping in millions.

In short, the states so adamant about "protecting fetuses" seem the least interest in protecting children.

Exactly the process the Supreme Court goes by. They decide if they agree with a law and the reasoning for it and if not, they fix it. Which is not their Constitutional role. They are lawless criminals in robes

Until they do it in service of something you agree with, then they're filling their role appropriately.

For example ...

I'll tell you what makes you a stupid fucking bitch. I'm pro-choice

5771ab551500002a006c8796.jpeg

The cat’s out of the bag.

More: Texas Governor Admits Anti-Abortion Law Was About Restricting Abortion

Although he's trying to spin it - we now know the truth.

Still don't know how the constitution works, do you?

Um ... rrrriiiiiggghhhhttttt. What does the Constitution say? Anything you want it to!

The supreme court determines what the constitution means. I personally don't have much say in that.

Yes, that's exactly what the founding fathers said. We will provide a document strictly limiting federal government power, and it's up to the federal government to decide what those limits are. Sure, that's what they meant.

When you look up the word "enumerated" and learn what it means and apply that to "powers," let me know. Abortion isn't in the Constitution, that exercise will explain to you why ...

Abortion.—In Roe v. Wade,557 the Court established a right of personal privacy protected by the due process clause that includes the right of a woman to determine whether or not to bear a child. In doing so, the Court dramatically increased judicial oversight of legislation under the privacy line of cases, striking down aspects of abortion-related laws in practically all the States, the District of Columbia, and the territories. To reach this result, the Court first undertook a lengthy historical review of medical and legal views regarding abortion, finding that modern prohibitions on abortion were of relatively recent vintage and thus lacked the historical foundation which might have preserved them from constitutional review.558 Then, the Court established that the word "person" as used in the due process clause and in other provisions of the Constitution did not include the unborn, and therefore the unborn lacked federal constitutional protection.559 Finally, the Court summarily announced that the "Fourteenth Amendment's concept of personal liberty and restrictions upon state action" includes "a right of personal privacy, or a guarantee of certain areas or zones of privacy"560 and that "[t]his right of privacy . . . is broad enough to encompass a woman's decision whether or not to terminate her pregnancy."561

Um..OK? I think the Federal government doesn't get to tell us what our rights are. The Federal government disagrees, you think they can. And ?

The Supreme Court determines what rights we have according to the constitution. If that's not the way you think it should be, then I guess you're just screwed.

The Supreme Court determines what rights we have according to the constitution. If that's not the way you think it should be, then I guess you're just screwed.

No, it doesn't, ****. The Supreme Court gave themselves that power. See Marbury v. Madison

No, it doesn't, ****. The Supreme Court gave themselves that power. See Marbury v. Madison

More amazed by the day how teabaggers constantly whine about the constitution, but have no idea what is in it, or how our system of laws and governance works. Educate yourself dummy.

More amazed by the day how teabaggers constantly whine about the constitution, but have no idea what is in it, or how our system of laws and governance works. Educate yourself dummy.

Whoa, stop crying, Nancy. There's no reason to sob like that. Have a cookie

It was a very poorly kept secret to start with.

Agreed. No one with an IQ of 50 ever believed you were intellectually genuine in this. It requires denying all history

If you say so. Now, go ask hannity what to say next.

Um ... sure, gay boy. Everyone sucks balls, keep telling yourself that. It's not just you. Ok .. it is actually just you ...

Whoa, stop crying, Nancy. There's no reason to sob like that. Have a cookie

Don't confuse laughter with sobbing.

Agreed. No one with an IQ of 50 ever believed you were intellectually genuine in this. It requires denying all history

What a fag

Um ... sure, gay boy. Everyone sucks balls, keep telling yourself that. It's not just you. Ok .. it is actually just you ...

No thank you. I don't go that way, but I'm flattered by your offer.

Forum List

Back