SCOTUS Strikes Down Unconstitutional Texas Abortion Law

If the gun rights extremists could be reasonable and appreciate the legal principle of 'undue burden' on a constitutional right as it applies to all rights they would support this decision.

Do they?

Hells no.

What if gun laws were like abortion laws?

How about we treat every young man who wants to buy a gun like every woman who wants to get an abortion — mandatory 48-hr waiting period, parental permission, a note from his doctor proving he understands what he's about to do, a video he has to watch about the effects of gun violence, an ultrasound wand up the ass (just because). Let's close down all but one gun shop in every state and make him travel hundreds of miles, take time off work, and stay overnight in a strange town to get a gun. Make him walk through a gauntlet of people holding photos of loved ones who were shot to death, people who call him a murderer and beg him not to buy a gun.
It makes more sense to do this with young men and guns than with women and health care, right? I mean, no woman getting an abortion has killed a room full of people in seconds, right?"
Unknown.
Thanks Eric Peltier

If It Was As Hard To Get A Gun As It Is To Get An Abortion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With free birth control now, there is no reason for abortion being used as birth control. It should be outlawed.

577183651500002a0073cd4a.jpeg

WENDY’S WIN

Thank you, Wendy!

What are you saying 'thank you' for? You don't live in Texas, you're not a woman, and you're not having sex so you can't get a woman pregnant. This has literally zero effect on you. Davis has not done a damn thing for you. Your only interest is in the happy feel-good chubby in your pants because of your own rabid partisanship.

I thought liberals loved regulations. What I understand all they were trying to do was to make the clinics safer and to have the doctor the ability to get the woman straight in to the hospitals if something went wrong. Looks like liberals will bring back back alley abortions. If they have to. I bet Joan rivers daughter would agree.

Evidently they couldn't prove that it would do anything to make abortions safer.
Make the have the same regulations as hospitals and have the doctor have straight access to a hospital. Sounds like making it safer to me.

I guess it would if you didn't have the slightest idea what you were talking about.

The first (and perhaps only necessary) step to winning the argument for a woman's right to have an abortion is to establish that the woman who does have an abortion has done no wrong.

The pro-life movement has already conceded that.

When did that happen? Last I checked they're still on the whole "sex is bad" bullshit.

Supreme Court strikes restrictive Texas abortion law.

The United States Supreme Count, in a 5-3 Decision has struck down the highly restrictive Texas Abortion Law that required doctors providing abortion services to privileges at hospital in order to perform those services.

The law ignored the fact that such privileges were not required for colonoscopies and other out patient treatment like skin cancer.

Several other states have enacted similar restrictive laws and now those states are going to have fabricate other lies to justify denying Women their Constitutionally Protected Rights.

RePugs claim they do not want the "Government In The Doctors Office" and "Do not want 'The Government' to make decisions", but continue to do both.

Actually, abortion isn't in the Constitution at all, which by the 10th amendment means it's a State power, not a Federal Power. The Supreme Court is a rogue, criminal organization that just makes up law

Still don't know how the constitution works, do you?

Um ... rrrriiiiiggghhhhttttt. What does the Constitution say? Anything you want it to!

The supreme court determines what the constitution means. I personally don't have much say in that.

If the gun rights extremists could be reasonable and appreciate the legal principle of 'undue burden' on a constitutional right as it applies to all rights they would support this decision.

Do they?

Hells no.

How about we treat every young man who wants to buy a gun like every woman who wants to get an abortion — mandatory 48-hr waiting period, parental permission, a note from his doctor proving he understands what he's about to do, a video he has to watch about the effects of gun violence, an ultrasound wand up the ass (just because). Let's close down all but one gun shop in every state and make him travel hundreds of miles, take time off work, and stay overnight in a strange town to get a gun. Make him walk through a gauntlet of people holding photos of loved ones who were shot to death, people who call him a murderer and beg him not to buy a gun.
It makes more sense to do this with young men and guns than with women and health care, right? I mean, no woman getting an abortion has killed a room full of people in seconds, right?"
Unknown.
Thanks Eric Peltier

Don't forget that wand up the chuff....

Abortion Statistics, Facts About Abortion In The US.

Do they?

Hells no.

Unknown.
Thanks Eric Peltier

With free birth control now, there is no reason for abortion being used as birth control. It should be outlawed.

You're right, with proper education and increased access to birth control, we could drastically reduce abortions in the US. Unfortunately, the same people opposed to women having the right to an abortion also oppose comprehensive sex education in schools.

54% of women having abortions had used a contraceptive method (usually the condom or the pill) during the month they became pregnant. Among those women, 76% of pill users and 49% of condom users report having used their method inconsistently, while 13% of pill users and 14% of condom users report correct use. There is no contraceptive method that can prevent pregnancy 100% of the time.

Do they?

Hells no.

Unknown.
Thanks Eric Peltier

that's f
577183651500002a0073cd4a.jpeg

WENDY’S WIN

Thank you, Wendy!

Whatever happened to that witch? Oh yeah....Abbot shellacked her in the election :cool:

Turns out it didn't matter. The Supreme Court shellacked Abbot.

The first (and perhaps only necessary) step to winning the argument for a woman's right to have an abortion is to establish that the woman who does have an abortion has done no wrong.

The pro-life movement has already conceded that.

When did that happen? Last I checked they're still on the whole "sex is bad" bullshit.

It was always the consensus pro-life position. It recently became widely re-emphasized when Trump made the remark about how women should be punished for having an abortion,

and the pro-life movement went mental in disagreement.

If you believe that a woman has done no punishable wrong in having an abortion, then you cannot rationally claim that having an abortion should be illegal.

The United States Supreme Count, in a 5-3 Decision has struck down the highly restrictive Texas Abortion Law that required doctors providing abortion services to privileges at hospital in order to perform those services.

The law ignored the fact that such privileges were not required for colonoscopies and other out patient treatment like skin cancer.

Several other states have enacted similar restrictive laws and now those states are going to have fabricate other lies to justify denying Women their Constitutionally Protected Rights.

RePugs claim they do not want the "Government In The Doctors Office" and "Do not want 'The Government' to make decisions", but continue to do both.

Actually, abortion isn't in the Constitution at all, which by the 10th amendment means it's a State power, not a Federal Power. The Supreme Court is a rogue, criminal organization that just makes up law

Um ... rrrriiiiiggghhhhttttt. What does the Constitution say? Anything you want it to!

The supreme court determines what the constitution means. I personally don't have much say in that.

Yes, that's exactly what the founding fathers said. We will provide a document strictly limiting federal government power, and it's up to the federal government to decide what those limits are. Sure, that's what they meant.

When you look up the word "enumerated" and learn what it means and apply that to "powers," let me know. Abortion isn't in the Constitution, that exercise will explain to you why ...

If you believe that a woman has done no punishable wrong in having an abortion, then you cannot rationally claim that having an abortion should be illegal.

I've never claimed that it should be illegal. I side with personal freedom over government intrusion. Abortion, gun rights, same sex marriage, health insurance. I'm consistent.

Republicans want our entire lives controlled in the name of "freedom". Freedom to do what they want us to do.
Are you for the healthcare MANDATE? If so, you can shut up right now.

Abortion is indeed 'medical care'
Nope. No matter how many times you say it, it isn't.

And in order to prevent women from having legal abortions, you are willing to deny medical service to them by Planned Parenthood.

Nope. I am not trying to deny medical service to women. I am trying to deny abortions.

All PP has to do is stop performing abortions, and no one will have a problem with them.

They don't even do mammograms.
I am trying to deny abortions.

Why would you insist on denying a woman something to which she has a legal right?
To save the lives of the unborn.

Duh.

Are you planning on financially supporting the children after you've "saved" them. If not, you have no interest here.

Yes, that's exactly what the founding fathers said. We will provide a document strictly limiting federal government power, and it's up to the federal government to decide what those limits are. Sure, that's what they meant.

When you look up the word "enumerated" and learn what it means and apply that to "powers," let me know. Abortion isn't in the Constitution, that exercise will explain to you why ...

Oddly, the supreme court disagrees with you.
Abortion.—In Roe v. Wade,557 the Court established a right of personal privacy protected by the due process clause that includes the right of a woman to determine whether or not to bear a child. In doing so, the Court dramatically increased judicial oversight of legislation under the privacy line of cases, striking down aspects of abortion-related laws in practically all the States, the District of Columbia, and the territories. To reach this result, the Court first undertook a lengthy historical review of medical and legal views regarding abortion, finding that modern prohibitions on abortion were of relatively recent vintage and thus lacked the historical foundation which might have preserved them from constitutional review.558 Then, the Court established that the word "person" as used in the due process clause and in other provisions of the Constitution did not include the unborn, and therefore the unborn lacked federal constitutional protection.559 Finally, the Court summarily announced that the "Fourteenth Amendment's concept of personal liberty and restrictions upon state action" includes "a right of personal privacy, or a guarantee of certain areas or zones of privacy"560 and that "[t]his right of privacy . . . is broad enough to encompass a woman's decision whether or not to terminate her pregnancy."561

Keeping the government out of the doctor's office and not wanting the government to make decisions or not wanting the government to decide medical means exactly that.

Passing laws that are the direct polar opposite of what you say proves your liars and hypocrites, which is nothing new.

But they're liars and hypocrites to save unborn babies. That makes it all ok, y'know.

How is going to a hospital making it harder? Are there no hospitals in TX?

See alot of hospitals providing abortions?

Sure. They are for rich patients and they call them D&C

Women who have miscarriages also have D&C's and there are other medical reasons to have this surgery, other than abortion.

True.but it is also a nice quiet way to hide an abortion for the select few who can't be seen getting a procedure they fought so hard to outlaw.

Forum List

Back