SEALs slam Obama for taking credit for bin Laden

I would be curious to know your take on what "constantly use" looks like to you.

I was projecting to the possibility of Obama using the killing of bin Laden constantly, I think it would be a bad idea. People who run for office do have tendencies to have very redundant "talking points", so I could see it happening.

Possibly....but I guess we have to look to what is meant by "constantly". This is an anniversary....I would not be surprised to see it mentioned. And yes, it IS a success of this Administration. Let us hope that Obama doesn't become like Guiliani who probably would have tattoo'd "9/11" on his forehead if he could have.

Now that's a good example. If that sort of campaigning worked, Rudy would now be running for reelection, but he isn't. Whoops!

Besides............maybe I really didn't know and just googled it:FIREdevil:
Nah, I see where I went astray in that conversation.

I made one of those mishaps today. My GF works as a massage therapist. Not a whore one, a real one at a doctors office. Anyway, she gets really sore shoulders and strains muscles from doing so many deep tissue ones on older people all day. Her joints hurt and she's considering a different career now.

My brilliant ass says "Yeah, you sure dont wanna keep letting your body go downhill" and before I could grasp for those words back, I was knee deep in it being promised I'd never touch her "going downhill" body again.

Dammit.
FTD, dear. ;)

Why was it ok for Bush to run ads in 2004 about his handling of 9-11, but not ok for Obama to run ads touting the capturing of bin Laden?

And why was ok for Cheney in 2004 to claim that we'd be hit again if Kerry was elected president?

Why is ok for Romney to attack Obama on foreign policy, as a political campaign tactic, but it's not okay for Obama to defend himself?

EXACTLY.

According to them they can politicize it and attack him for it but obama is not allowed to cite examples to defend himself.

I would be curious to know your take on what "constantly use" looks like to you.

I was projecting to the possibility of Obama using the killing of bin Laden constantly, I think it would be a bad idea. People who run for office do have tendencies to have very redundant "talking points", so I could see it happening.

Possibly....but I guess we have to look to what is meant by "constantly". This is an anniversary....I would not be surprised to see it mentioned. And yes, it IS a success of this Administration. Let us hope that Obama doesn't become like Guiliani who probably would have tattoo'd "9/11" on his forehead if he could have.

OK... then lets see if Obama does'nt use the ad for more than just the the anniversary.
Otherwise its constantly... at least every time the ad airs.

This is a classless move by Obama... and thats my opinion. Your allowed to not like my opinion but it is what it is. Only one mans opinion.

obama is making sure that we never again get the intelligence to capture the next Bin Ladin. The methods used to extract that kind of intelligence are illegal.

HUH?? What are you whining about??

Is this a repeat of the waterboarding of ksm BS?

Why was it ok for Bush to run ads in 2004 about his handling of 9-11, but not ok for Obama to run ads touting the capturing of bin Laden?

And why was ok for Cheney in 2004 to claim that we'd be hit again if Kerry was elected president?

Why is ok for Romney to attack Obama on foreign policy, as a political campaign tactic, but it's not okay for Obama to defend himself?

EXACTLY.

According to them they can politicize it and attack him for it but obama is not allowed to cite examples to defend himself.

Obama saying 'I got Bin laden, neener-neener neeeeeeeeeeener!' is vastly different, and you know it.

You guys refuse to deal in reality.... Im done watching ya contort every which way to defend Obama using the heroes as campaign props.

If he had his way over the past several years we would not have found Osama yet. He was against the techniques that DID lead to his capture and death.

How did you speak out against the ENTIRE USS Lincoln and her crew being used as campaign props?

I didnt because he didnt use them... :cuckoo:

And frankly, I thought it was stupid of them to not take that damn sign down. That was not intended for Bush to use... it was for the guys on the boat as their "Mission WAS accomplished".

Thanks for trying though.

Oh, I'm so sorry. I was taking you seriously up to that point.

Now I see that was a glaring mistake.

Won't happen again.

What an embarrassment to the human race.

'Serving and former US Navy SEALs have slammed President Barack Obama for taking the credit for killing Osama bin Laden and accused him of using Special Forces operators as ‘ammunition’ for his re-election campaign.

The SEALs spoke out to MailOnline after the Obama campaign released an ad entitled ‘One Chance’.

SEALs slam Obama for using them as 'ammunition' in bid to take credit for bin Laden killing during election campaign | Mail Online

About time the real heroes put the Obamessiah in his place. He didn't do shit except nod his head. What a prick. Obama would not last through the first day of SEAL training.
As a matter of fact 99.99% of the human beings currently on the planet would wash out in the first week. So how dare Obama act as though HE went in a killed bin Shithead?
The son of a bitch never once acted in reverence to the men who risked their lives to get bib Shithead. Never thanked them. He should invite them to the Residence and break bread with them.

Margaret Thatcher drank beer out of the tin with the SAS team who'd rescued the hostages and killed the terrorists in the Iranian Embassy siege in London, 1980.
*sigh* Yep. Obama's not been treading the same path as the Iron Lady.

obama is making sure that we never again get the intelligence to capture the next Bin Ladin. The methods used to extract that kind of intelligence are illegal.

HUH?? What are you whining about??

Is this a repeat of the waterboarding of ksm BS?

You can deny 'enhanced interrogation techniques' had anything to do with it all ya want... I know Obama and Nancy were against them and should be held accountable for having them done away with.

If it were up to them Osama would still be on the loose and Gitmo would be closed down.

I love blackhawk down.....to bad mud needs to rip it off.

I don't doubt he spotted "someone". I pretty much give everyone the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong.

Thanks for admitting I was there.

The tip-off was he gave a speech in front of about 1000 Somalis, and he was driving around in his Brown Mercedes SUV. Only person in the city with one. There were very few vehicles in Moghadishu other than farmers taking produce to market, technicals which were his soldiers, and UNISOM vehicles.

After we buzzed the rally he drove straight to CNN headquarters to escape. They hid him till we had to return to the airfield for fuel.

One other time we may have spotted him and some SEALs Fast-roped in but he got away. They decided to give us a Barrett Light to shoot into his engine block next time we saw him. We practiced on it and one evening my team killed a technical rig when they were fired upon.

so you spotted a vehicle and the only one of it's kind in that city and you still lost him?? WOW!

How did you speak out against the ENTIRE USS Lincoln and her crew being used as campaign props?

And frankly, I thought it was stupid of them to not take that damn sign down. That was not intended for Bush to use... it was for the guys on the boat as their "Mission WAS accomplished".

Won't happen again.

Liar :eusa_liar:

Won't happen again.

Liar :eusa_liar:

Ok, maybe subconsciously I was not taking you seriously. My subconscious knew better.

I don't doubt he spotted "someone". I pretty much give everyone the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong.

Thanks for admitting I was there.

The tip-off was he gave a speech in front of about 1000 Somalis, and he was driving around in his Brown Mercedes SUV. Only person in the city with one. There were very few vehicles in Moghadishu other than farmers taking produce to market, technicals which were his soldiers, and UNISOM vehicles.

After we buzzed the rally he drove straight to CNN headquarters to escape. They hid him till we had to return to the airfield for fuel.

One other time we may have spotted him and some SEALs Fast-roped in but he got away. They decided to give us a Barrett Light to shoot into his engine block next time we saw him. We practiced on it and one evening my team killed a technical rig when they were fired upon.

so you spotted a vehicle and the only one of it's kind in that city and you still lost him?? WOW!
So, you accuse CNN of hiding him.

obama didn't succeed. He simply stole the valor of those who did. He stole the command and control of Amiraal McRavem who was really responsible for the operation.

So what about all of thsoe claims by the right that W kept us safe AFTER 9/11??

Based on your current spin the CiC deserves none of the credit for anythbing that happens on his watch. Imagine that.

About time the real heroes put the Obamessiah in his place. He didn't do shit except nod his head. What a prick. Obama would not last through the first day of SEAL training.
As a matter of fact 99.99% of the human beings currently on the planet would wash out in the first week. So how dare Obama act as though HE went in a killed bin Shithead?
The son of a bitch never once acted in reverence to the men who risked their lives to get bib Shithead. Never thanked them. He should invite them to the Residence and break bread with them.

Margaret Thatcher drank beer out of the tin with the SAS team who'd rescued the hostages and killed the terrorists in the Iranian Embassy siege in London, 1980.
*sigh* Yep. Obama's not been treading the same path as the Iron Lady.

Well, he would be, if say,,,,if he was a cross-dresser. :confused:

You guys refuse to deal in reality.... Im done watching ya contort every which way to defend Obama using the heroes as campaign props.

If he had his way over the past several years we would not have found Osama yet. He was against the techniques that DID lead to his capture and death.

It's more like a 'counter-contort' against the people who refuse to ever give him credit for anything.

Listen here BD.... Go back and look at the night this happened.

I gave him huge props!

I did however not like how we all of a sudden found out his body was thrown overboard or he was given a proper Muslim burial.

So No... you are wrong, I was in full support of our president that night (for the most part)

And I am in full support of the things you are not happy about.

So fucking what? As if the GOP wouldn't hammer the President if the operation had gone bad.

What about all the war posturing GW did in 2004, where were the detractors then?

Stay calm, my friend. These idiots thought the Limbaugh slut thing/GOP anti-women stuff helped them and Romney lost 10 points to Obama with the women's vote.

Attacking Obama for the Bin Laden success is another big loser for the Right; it will not be any less a loser just because posers like mudwhistle claim otherwise.

I know it's off topic but my problem with the limbaugh/slut debate wasn't that he called he a slut. Limbaugh accused her of being a prostitute which is a crime even as he demanded that she film herself having sex since the taxpayer will be paying her to have sex.

The fact that they tried to compare that to the c word uttered by maher only serves to show how dishonest and desperate the right truly is.

agree on bin laden and that too shows how desperate dishonest and hypocritical the right is.
According to the right, Romney can politicize national security and foreign policy to attack obama but obama is not allowed to defend himself without the right whining about it after they start losing the fight that they started.

Forum List

Back