Sean Hannity has yet to prove Waterboarding is not Torture

Bullshit.

Whack off or cheat if your wife is withholding sex.

Go watch the Super Bowl at the bar if you aren't man enough to maintain control of the remote during the freakin' Super Bowl.

Srsly, shogun already addressed this faulty logic PAGES ago.

Since Waterboarding leaves not Lasting Physical Damage, or any at all for that Matter, it falls under the Mental Category of "Torture"...

Define that.

:)

peace...

If it was just "mental" torture then there wouldn't be a need to physically do anything to you get the job done.

Besides what you say isn't true, waterboarding can leave the most lasting physical damage possible; it can kill you.

That is absolutely true of the Japanese version of waterboarding. It is not of the US version. Just sayin'..... I have this thing about accuracy.

Since Waterboarding leaves not Lasting Physical Damage, or any at all for that Matter, it falls under the Mental Category of "Torture"...

Define that.

peace...

If it was just "mental" torture then there wouldn't be a need to physically do anything to you get the job done.

Besides what you say isn't true, waterboarding can leave the most lasting physical damage possible; it can kill you.

"can" is a Hypothetical...

It happens. That's why a it takes a pro to do it to avoid killing the person. It's dangerous business.

Restraining someone upright and keeping the lights up and temp down with Loud Music is "Physical" and "Mental"...

Is that "Torture"?...

IMO, yes.

Is the Cops Interrogating you for 10 Hours Torture?... Mentally?...

IMO, no.

Define that.

peace...

That is absolutely true of the Japanese version of waterboarding. It is not of the US version. Just sayin'..... I have this thing about accuracy.

aversion?

It happens. That's why a it takes a pro to do it to avoid killing the person. It's dangerous business.

Restraining someone upright and keeping the lights up and temp down with Loud Music is "Physical" and "Mental"...

Is that "Torture"?...

IMO, yes.

IMO, no.

Have we Killed someone Waterboarding them since 9/11?...

As for your Final Yes/No... I don't Undestand the Justification of One over the Other.

It's Obviously a Matter of Degree, but I would like to Know why.

peace...

Define that.

peace...

Are you suggesting that the way we waterboard cannon be fatal?

Because it can.

Having a doctor present and pulling back with the water doesn't mean you aren't performing a potentionally fatal procedure on someone.

Because it can.

Having a doctor present and pulling back with the water doesn't mean you aren't performing a potentionally fatal procedure on someone.

I Asked a Specific Question Regarding that in my Last Response...

Has it been under US Action since 9/11?

Tasers can Kill... And have, yet the Police still Use them...

Hell, John F'ing Kerry's Goons Use them to Silence Dissent!

peace...

IMO, yes.

IMO, no.

As for your Final Yes/No... I don't Undestand the Justification of One over the Other.

peace...

As far as we know nobody has been killed. But so what? If someone has been raped repeatedly you cannot use "well at least I didn't kill them" as a defense.

In one case you are being interrogated ... i.e. questions asked etc and you can just sit there silently and no harm or discomfort will come to you.

In the other you are being pretty much physically and mentally effed with.

Because it can.

peace...

If it were my decision cops wouldn't have tasers.

IMO, yes.

IMO, no.

peace...

As far as we know nobody has been killed. But so what? If someone has been raped repeatedly you cannot use "well at least I didn't kill them" as a defense.

In one case you are being interrogated ... i.e. questions asked etc and you can just sit there silently and no harm or discomfort will come to you.

In the other you are being pretty much physically and mentally effed with.

Actual Physical Harm HAS to come into Play...

"Mental" Harm is Vague, and as you have Shown with your Yes/No, it's Subjective Depending on who is Commenting.

I Know Liberals who Beleive that Police Interrogation for 10 Hours IS Torture... MeThinks they are Attorneys for the ACLU! ;)

peace...

Because it can.

peace...

If it were my decision cops wouldn't have tasers.

I Respect your Opinion and your Consistency...

peace...

No, lieability: under law and international convention it is torture.

Your uninformed opinion changes nothing. :lol:

No Jokey: Under law and international convention, waterboarding is only sometimes referenced at all and usually under OTHER circumstances not relevant to this discussion. But since you are just a wilfully lying asshole, you are indifferent to such points.

Your uninformed opinion is ALL you have to offer. And, you remain wrong.

Because it can.

Lots of things are potentially fatal. I'm stating a fact. The waterboarding used by the Japs and the waterboarding used by the US are two different things. One is torture, the other is not. Just sitting a subject down and asking them questions can be fatal. So what? Perhaps we should stop asking them questions at all.

Because it can.

Lots of things are potentially fatal. I'm stating a fact. The waterboarding used by the Japs and the waterboarding used by the US are two different things. One is torture, the other is not. Just sitting a subject down and asking them questions can be fatal. So what? Perhaps we should stop asking them questions at all.

We arm police for a reason. But in doing so, from time to time those weapons are going to be drawn and shot will be fired. Worse yet, sometimes, despite great training and practice, under unfortunate circumstances, the bullets fired from a police officer's gun WILL strike an unintended & innocent person. Death will, periodically, ensue.

Should we not arm the police?

Because it can.

Did you miss this post?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1881591-post307.html

The technique used by the soldiers in the photograph on this page is the same technique used by the CIA and the same technique approved by DICK and the Chimp. NO DIFFERENCE! They were COURT MARSHALLED.

Game-Set-Match

Waterboarding: A Tortured History : NPR

A Punishable Offense

In the war crimes tribunals that followed Japan's defeat in World War II, the issue of waterboarding was sometimes raised. In 1947, the U.S. charged a Japanese officer, Yukio Asano, with war crimes for waterboarding a U.S. civilian. Asano was sentenced to 15 years of hard labor.

"All of these trials elicited compelling descriptions of water torture from its victims, and resulted in severe punishment for its perpetrators," writes Evan Wallach in the Columbia Journal of Transnational Law.

On Jan. 21, 1968, The Washington Post ran a front-page photo of a U.S. soldier supervising the waterboarding of a captured North Vietnamese soldier. The caption said the technique induced "a flooding sense of suffocation and drowning, meant to make him talk." The picture led to an Army investigation and, two months later, the court martial of the soldier.

The technique used by the soldiers in the photograph on this page is the same technique used by the CIA and the same technique approved by DICK and the Chimp. NO DIFFERENCE! They were COURT MARSHALLED.

Game-Set-Match

Waterboarding: A Tortured History : NPR

A Punishable Offense

In the war crimes tribunals that followed Japan's defeat in World War II, the issue of waterboarding was sometimes raised. In 1947, the U.S. charged a Japanese officer, Yukio Asano, with war crimes for waterboarding a U.S. civilian. Asano was sentenced to 15 years of hard labor.

"All of these trials elicited compelling descriptions of water torture from its victims, and resulted in severe punishment for its perpetrators," writes Evan Wallach in the Columbia Journal of Transnational Law.

On Jan. 21, 1968, The Washington Post ran a front-page photo of a U.S. soldier supervising the waterboarding of a captured North Vietnamese soldier. The caption said the technique induced "a flooding sense of suffocation and drowning, meant to make him talk." The picture led to an Army investigation and, two months later, the court martial of the soldier.

No game. No set. No match. Fuck; you didn't even hit the ball, ya nitwit.

Do you have any idea of how imbecilic you look when YOU declare your own "victory?"

Probably not. You are, after all, an imbecile.

So, you have no rebuttal, other than obscenities and personal attacks. Your arguments are as shallow as your personality. The technique used by this soldier, who was subsequently court marshalled is exactly the technique Bush approved.

Bush decided, usually by himself, what was legal and what was not. He and DICK had an 8 year Kingdom.

Three and four year olds, of course, simply love to keep asking (in whining, plaintive tones) "WHYYYYY?" over and over, no matter how many answers the adults around them provide. For them, it's all about getting more attention.

Lieability and other wannabee teabaggers here have developed an online strategy to try to force one’s supposed "opponents" into hyper-defining every comment they make. The apologist starts responding to the every concise comment or question by demanding a book-length dissertation. In case the wannabees haven't realized this, it's a very obvious strategy---one by which they get to pretend that they're the only "thinking" persons in the discussion. Then, when others do expound, the apologist simply plays the same strategy again, ad nauseum, until everyone gets tired of dealing with him or her, at which point the apologist can bow for the adoration of his or her fellows, probably commenting on another obscure "apologetics" website about how they "confounded the enemy."

And when all that fails, then Lieability begins the ad homs, thinking they are adequate in place of reasoned and calm discourse, the foundation of an informed democracy.

Last edited:
Three and four year olds, of course, simply love to keep asking (in whining, plaintive tones) "WHYYYYY?" over and over, no matter how many answers the adults around them provide. For them, it's all about getting more attention.

Lieability and other wannabee teabaggers here have developed an online strategy to try to force one’s supposed "opponents" into hyper-defining every comment they make. The apologist starts responding to the every concise comment or question by demanding a book-length dissertation. In case the wannabees haven't realized this, it's a very obvious strategy---one by which they get to pretend that they're the only "thinking" persons in the discussion. Then, when others do expound, the apologist simply plays the same strategy again, ad nauseum, until everyone gets tired of dealing with him or her, at which point the apologist can bow for the adoration of his or her fellows, probably commenting on another obscure "apologetics" website about how they "confounded the enemy."

And when all that fails, then Lieability begins the ad homs, thinking they are adequate in place of reasoned and calm discourse, the foundation of an informed democracy.

Which precisely explains the Tea Bagger's objective. If you can't win with reason, use shouts, libeous signs, and don't forget to wear your hand gun. To the Tea Baggers, INTIMIDATION is the name of the game. I am not impressed...

Forum List

Back