Seattle Mayor Challenges Authority of President Trump

Trump has always been all talk and no action. How did his promise to go out and arrest a million illegals go?

He will call the mayor a few names in a tweet and his followers will be happy.
The longer this farce goes on the worse it's going to be for the Mayor because she's the one who signed off on letting it happen in the first place! You think those idiots won't screw things up? They're progressives! They don't have a clue how things work in the real world! Unless someone is taking care of them...providing them with electricity, water and trash removal for free...that entire "zone" is going to be uninhabitable in a matter of weeks! If I were Trump I'd simply state it's Seattle's problem. You broke it! You fix it! Let the rest of the country see what we've got in store for us if we ever let the left wing of the Democratic Party run things!

Kinda like Wall Street. We have been providing for them for decades now. How about we quit and see how well they do on their own?
This is like Wall Street? Did you just make that analogy? Go have another cup of coffee and wake up! You need a "mulligan" this morning!

We have been funding Wall Street for years. That it shoots down the arguments that we have a capitalistic economic system doesn't change that fact.
What does Wall Street have ANYTHING to do with a bunch of progressive morons taking over a few square blocks of a city and declaring it THEIRS? Talk about getting "off topic"?

The complaint was that they wanted things supplied to them. Just like Wall Street is always begging for.
Do you even know what Wall Street's function is, Pknopp? Or is it just another "symbol" to you?

What it's function was supposed to be is not what it is now. I can only guess that you are defending the trillions we have pumped into it but want to condemn others for asking for the basics.
Can't answer the question...can you, Pknopp? Does it ever bother you that you're SO ignorant about so many things? Or do you just soldier on and pretend that you DO have a clue?

LOL.........my answer was accurate. Why have we had to pump trillions into the markets? Is that how it's supposed to work? In Capitalism we are supposed to bail out failed entities?

Trump has always been all talk and no action. How did his promise to go out and arrest a million illegals go?

The longer this farce goes on the worse it's going to be for the Mayor because she's the one who signed off on letting it happen in the first place! You think those idiots won't screw things up? They're progressives! They don't have a clue how things work in the real world! Unless someone is taking care of them...providing them with electricity, water and trash removal for free...that entire "zone" is going to be uninhabitable in a matter of weeks! If I were Trump I'd simply state it's Seattle's problem. You broke it! You fix it! Let the rest of the country see what we've got in store for us if we ever let the left wing of the Democratic Party run things!

Kinda like Wall Street. We have been providing for them for decades now. How about we quit and see how well they do on their own?
This is like Wall Street? Did you just make that analogy? Go have another cup of coffee and wake up! You need a "mulligan" this morning!

We have been funding Wall Street for years. That it shoots down the arguments that we have a capitalistic economic system doesn't change that fact.
What does Wall Street have ANYTHING to do with a bunch of progressive morons taking over a few square blocks of a city and declaring it THEIRS? Talk about getting "off topic"?

The complaint was that they wanted things supplied to them. Just like Wall Street is always begging for.
It's not a complaint...it's an observation that they have no industry nor do they provide a service...so they HAVE to be supported or their little "zone" would be uninhabitable in a matter of days! That is nothing like what Wall Street does!

They are providing a service. It's a more honorable service than selling bad investments as good ones.
And what service would that be?

Keeping the pressure up for change in our unjust justice system.

Her lack of leadership and ability to maintain law and order has been severely compromised. She is in no position to question Trump.

Because she is trying to avoid violence. Trump- is the one who is showing no leadership.
Letting anarchists take over part of your city doesn't avoid violence, BB...it just postpones it! This will end badly for the Mayor because appeasement almost always does!

As usual you have no clue what you are talking about. You sound like a dictatorial thug. This is not a banana republic.

I think a better analogy than Wall Street would be a group of teenagers taking over one of their parents garages...declaring that it now belongs to them...and setting their own rules for how things will be done in said garage! That works as long as you've got a parent who's so permissive that they're not only willing to go along with your little "take over" but is also willing to pay for the electricity you're using and also feed you! Your Seattle group has found a Mayor who is that permissive parent and they're taking full advantage! Now it's just a question of how long it will take before they become so tiresome with their demands (because you know they'll never stop asking for more stuff!) that even the Mayor realizes that she's created a Frankenstein's monster!

Her lack of leadership and ability to maintain law and order has been severely compromised. She is in no position to question Trump.

Because she is trying to avoid violence. Trump- is the one who is showing no leadership.
Letting anarchists take over part of your city doesn't avoid violence, BB...it just postpones it! This will end badly for the Mayor because appeasement almost always does!

As usual you have no clue what you are talking about. You sound like a dictatorial thug. This is not a banana republic.
I'm a "thug" because I point out how silly this all is? Remember this conversation when it all turns to shit out there in Seattle, BB! I'll try not to say I told you so! :)

Bullshit. If you believe that then you are either a fool or propagandist.

1. Blacks are more likely to kill cops, than be killed by cops. This is according to FBI data, which also found that 40 percent of cop killers are black.

2. The police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black, than a cop killing an unarmed black person.

Read Baby, Read ! Learn Baby, Learn! :biggrin:

Do you even know what Wall Street's function is, Pknopp? Or is it just another "symbol" to you?

What it's function was supposed to be is not what it is now. I can only guess that you are defending the trillions we have pumped into it but want to condemn others for asking for the basics.
Can't answer the question...can you, Pknopp? Does it ever bother you that you're SO ignorant about so many things? Or do you just soldier on and pretend that you DO have a clue?

LOL.........my answer was accurate. Why have we had to pump trillions into the markets? Is that how it's supposed to work? In Capitalism we are supposed to bail out failed entities?
When you refer to trillions being pumped into the markets are you talking about investors that buy into securities...or are you talking about something like TARP? If you ARE referring to TARP kindly explain why it was wrong to "bail out" large financial institutions when those institutions ended up repaying the money that was loaned to them along with interest?

When you refer to trillions being pumped into the markets are you talking about investors that buy into securities...or are you talking about something like TARP? If you ARE referring to TARP kindly explain why it was wrong to "bail out" large financial institutions when those institutions ended up repaying the money that was loaned to them along with interest?

This gets so old. They did not repay it.

They got Tarp. Then the politicians passed HARP. HARP was supposed to go to the homeowners but it didn't. The banks used it to "repay" TARP.

...You would prefer that Seattle be a pile of smoldering ash right now?...
Don't much care one way or the other... I don't have a stake in that Idiot Loser Leftist game.

...I get the pattern. Trump does something...
Yes. That is the pattern manifested by a great many Leftists. I'm not one of them.

..."He's evil! He hurt all those fluffy little protesters!"...
Hell, son... if he sent muscle in there to crack skulls, I'd grab some popcorn and a drink and sit back and enjoy.

...Trump lets local authorities handle it, "all talk... an Empty Suit!"...
Your boy Talked Big all through the height of the rioting and ended-up not doing $hit, except to Mace some peaceful looney-toons in Lafeytte Park for a photo op.

...How convenient.
True... but your incompetent standard bearer makes it so, eh?

They got Tarp. Then the politicians passed HARP. HARP was supposed to go to the homeowners but it didn't. The banks used it to "repay" TARP.
Actually all of the TARP loans that were made to financial institutions under George W. Bush were repaid with interest. The only TARP loans that were not repaid in full were ones done by the Obama Administration for General Motors.

Actually all of the TARP loans that were made to financial institutions under George W. Bush were repaid with interest. The only TARP loans that were not repaid in full were ones done by the Obama Administration for General Motors.

I explained how it was "paid back". You danced around it. Yes, they "paid it back" but they paid it back with other taxpayers money.

Love to see you back up your claim that HARP money was used to repay TARP loans! Care to share?

Love to see you back up your claim that HARP money was used to repay TARP loans! Care to share?

This isn't specific to TARP but it wasn't just TARP. I understand there is a paywall but you can still get the general gist.

WASHINGTON—A number of small banks used $2.1 billion in government cash intended to boost small-business lending to repay bailout funds from the financial crisis, a government watchdog said Tuesday in a report that also concluded the banks lent less money than firms that didn't take bailout aid.

Among the 332 banks participating in a small-business lending program run by the U.S. Treasury, 137 used more than half of about $4 billion disbursed by the program to help fund their exits from the Troubled Asset Relief Program, according...

Lenders Used Aid to Repay TARP

You do note that GM failed to pay their loans back. What they did pay back consisted of taxpayer money also.

Repaying Taxpayers With Their Own Cash

“So it’s good news in that they’re reducing their debt,” Mr. Barofsky said of G.M. But he went on to note that G.M. was using other taxpayer money to make the loan repayment, according to the transcript of his testimony.

There is a start. I'll have to find other links but this stuff is getting old and buried.

This isn't specific to TARP but it wasn't just TARP. I understand there is a paywall but you can still get the general gist.

WASHINGTON—A number of small banks used $2.1 billion in government cash intended to boost small-business lending to repay bailout funds from the financial crisis, a government watchdog said Tuesday in a report that also concluded the banks lent less money than firms that didn't take bailout aid.

Among the 332 banks participating in a small-business lending program run by the U.S. Treasury, 137 used more than half of about $4 billion disbursed by the program to help fund their exits from the Troubled Asset Relief Program, according...

You do note that GM failed to pay their loans back. What they did pay back consisted of taxpayer money also.

“So it’s good news in that they’re reducing their debt,” Mr. Barofsky said of G.M. But he went on to note that G.M. was using other taxpayer money to make the loan repayment, according to the transcript of his testimony.

There is a start. I'll have to find other links but this stuff is getting old and buried.

HARP was not a small business program! It was a Federal program designed to help homeowners! Stop trying to pull shit out of your ass...it's just making you look more ignorant than you already were!

As for GM? I already told you that one of the only TARP loans not repaid was the one Barack Obama made to GM.

According to Liberals I can stand at the border of my Town with a machine gun and decide whether or not someone can enter the Town.
I say we cut off all Tax revenue and utilities from outside that Town and see how long it can last.

HARP was not a small business program! It was a Federal program designed to help homeowners! Stop trying to pull shit out of your ass...it's just making you look more ignorant than you already were!

As for GM? I already told you that one of the only TARP loans not repaid was the one Barack Obama made to GM.

I didn't say it was a small business program. You know what I said and pointed out.

Banks Repaid Fed Bailout With Other Fed Money: Government Report

Neat Trick: Banks Repay Taxpayers With Taxpayer Money

I didn't say it was a small business program. You know what I said and pointed out.

You said that banks used HARP funds to repay TARP loans. I'm still waiting for you to show proof of that ever happening.

You said that banks used HARP funds to repay TARP loans. I'm still waiting for you to show proof of that ever happening.

I'm still looking but the fact that I've shown is that TARP was not paid back like we were told. Banks used other taxpayer funded programs to pay it back, just as my links note. Be it HARP or something else.

The entire thing was a scam on taxpayers.

I'm still looking but the fact that I've shown is that TARP was not paid back like we were told. Banks used other taxpayer funded programs to pay it back, just as my links note. Be it HARP or something else.

The entire thing was a scam on taxpayers.
For god's sake...it wasn't HARP! Why do you keep trying to claim that it was?
As for TARP? It was paid back with interest. All except the GM loan that Barry used to bail out his buddies in the UAW!

Forum List

Back