Seattle Mayor Challenges Authority of President Trump

In the end he has little choice but he told Trump no but Trump listens to no one. That's why so many who are no longer confined by their oath have condemned him.
FALSE! He told Trump OK, and changed his position to agree with Trump. (explanation # 4) Trump should have fired him, for his idiotic original comments.

Esper said >> "The option to use active-duty forces in a law enforcement role should only be used as a matter of last resort and only in the most urgent and dire situations," We are not in one of those situations now. I do not support invoking the Insurrection Act."

Oh no, not one of those situations, just dozens of American dead, millions in damages, businesses destroyed, and the whole thing spreading all over the world, that's all. Jeez, even the Rodney King LA riot was small by comparison, and US troops got called out for that. How Esper is still in his job, I don't know.

Last edited:
Trump has always been all talk and no action. How did his promise to go out and arrest a million illegals go?

He will call the mayor a few names in a tweet and his followers will be happy.
Sometime, the illusion of a crackdown is enough to diffuse a very dangerous situation like the one in Seattle. But a mayor or governor can't base their whole position on an illusion. You can't just call it a summer of love and wash your hands of all responsibility. This mayor and governor have totally abdicated their responsibilities to protect the people

That might be a valid answer if not for the fact that this is how Trump reacts to everything. Even North Korea is noting his inability to follow through with anything.
What would you prefer, starting a nuclear war with NoKo? That would show them.

N. Korea really isn't our problem but that's not the point. Just like with everything Trump said something to them and then failed to follow up. Just like he does with everything.
NoKo is our problem as well as China, Iran and Russia. Trump is dealing with all of them with a combination of economic, diplomatic and trade sanctions. No recent Democrat or Republican has done anywhere near as much as Trump to bring equity to our relationships with those countries. Every President since Kennedy has pandered to all of them except for Reagan with the evil empire.

Trump has always been all talk and no action. How did his promise to go out and arrest a million illegals go?

Sometime, the illusion of a crackdown is enough to diffuse a very dangerous situation like the one in Seattle. But a mayor or governor can't base their whole position on an illusion. You can't just call it a summer of love and wash your hands of all responsibility. This mayor and governor have totally abdicated their responsibilities to protect the people

That might be a valid answer if not for the fact that this is how Trump reacts to everything. Even North Korea is noting his inability to follow through with anything.
What would you prefer, starting a nuclear war with NoKo? That would show them.

N. Korea really isn't our problem but that's not the point. Just like with everything Trump said something to them and then failed to follow up. Just like he does with everything.
NoKo is our problem as well as China, Iran and Russia. Trump is dealing with all of them with a combination of economic, diplomatic and trade sanctions. No recent Democrat or Republican has done anywhere near as much as Trump to bring equity to our relationships with those countries. Every President since Kennedy has pandered to all of them except for Reagan with the evil empire.

Nothing has changed. All the problems with still be the same when Trump leaves.

The longer this farce goes on the worse it's going to be for the Mayor because she's the one who signed off on letting it happen in the first place! You think those idiots won't screw things up? They're progressives! They don't have a clue how things work in the real world! Unless someone is taking care of them...providing them with electricity, water and trash removal for free...that entire "zone" is going to be uninhabitable in a matter of weeks! If I were Trump I'd simply state it's Seattle's problem. You broke it! You fix it! Let the rest of the country see what we've got in store for us if we ever let the left wing of the Democratic Party run things!

Kinda like Wall Street. We have been providing for them for decades now. How about we quit and see how well they do on their own?
This is like Wall Street? Did you just make that analogy? Go have another cup of coffee and wake up! You need a "mulligan" this morning!

The longer this farce goes on the worse it's going to be for the Mayor because she's the one who signed off on letting it happen in the first place! You think those idiots won't screw things up? They're progressives! They don't have a clue how things work in the real world! Unless someone is taking care of them...providing them with electricity, water and trash removal for free...that entire "zone" is going to be uninhabitable in a matter of weeks! If I were Trump I'd simply state it's Seattle's problem. You broke it! You fix it! Let the rest of the country see what we've got in store for us if we ever let the left wing of the Democratic Party run things!

Kinda like Wall Street. We have been providing for them for decades now. How about we quit and see how well they do on their own?
This is like Wall Street? Did you just make that analogy? Go have another cup of coffee and wake up! You need a "mulligan" this morning!

We have been funding Wall Street for years. That it shoots down the arguments that we have a capitalistic economic system doesn't change that fact.

Washington is a blue state. Let the left wing nutcases do their thing until after the election as a reminder of what the country would look if Joe Biden wins.

...And Trump can invoke the Insurrection Act right now too. That's exactly what the Autonomous Zone occupier freaks are doing > Insurrection...
Yep. But if your Orange Baboon-God didn't invoke it two weeks ago when the situation was worse, he's not going to invoke it now, either.

Your boy is all talk... an Empty Suit... they don't call him Cadet Bone Spurs for nothing... :p
You would prefer that Seattle be a pile of smoldering ash right now? I get the pattern. Trump does something, "He's evil! He hurt all those fluffy little protesters!". Trump lets local authorities handle it, "all talk... an Empty Suit!". How convenient.

We have been funding Wall Street for years. That it shoots down the arguments that we have a capitalistic economic system doesn't change that fact.
What does Wall Street have ANYTHING to do with a bunch of progressive morons taking over a few square blocks of a city and declaring it THEIRS? Talk about getting "off topic"?

What does Wall Street have ANYTHING to do with a bunch of progressive morons taking over a few square blocks of a city and declaring it THEIRS? Talk about getting "off topic"?

The complaint was that they wanted things supplied to them. Just like Wall Street is always begging for.

The complaint was that they wanted things supplied to them. Just like Wall Street is always begging for.
Do you even know what Wall Street's function is, Pknopp? Or is it just another "symbol" to you?

It's not a complaint...it's an observation that they have no industry nor do they provide a service...so they HAVE to be supported or their little "zone" would be uninhabitable in a matter of days! That is nothing like what Wall Street does!

The fact is that violence begets more violence. There needs to be a insurrection agains6t police violence in this country.
Wrong

the vast majority of police interactions with black people do not end in death

but the anarchist insanity unleashed during the past 3 weeks has claimed 17 deaths and uncounted billions of dollars in damage

I also count the police officers who look the other way. The officer who killed Floyd had a checkered past and never should have been hired. This happens too frequently. The military is not needed. They are not political pawns.

Do you even know what Wall Street's function is, Pknopp? Or is it just another "symbol" to you?

What it's function was supposed to be is not what it is now. I can only guess that you are defending the trillions we have pumped into it but want to condemn others for asking for the basics.

It's not a complaint...it's an observation that they have no industry nor do they provide a service...so they HAVE to be supported or their little "zone" would be uninhabitable in a matter of days! That is nothing like what Wall Street does!

They are providing a service. It's a more honorable service than selling bad investments as good ones.

He has NO authority to send troops in. Serve notice? LoL!! Governors and/or mayors must REQUEST military assistance!
Did Eisenhower refuse to send troops into Little Rock because the governor and mayor did not want him to? LOL...you are so stupid and so clearly out of touch with history and precedent. :fu:
You are a font of never ending ignorance! Your mother and father did a shameful job of raising
a thinking human being.
20 times the Insurrection Act was invoked in the last 200 years. 6 times without being invited in. 4 of those were because the Governors refused to comply with Federal Law.

This is not one of those cases.

Yep, I believe this was one of those cases. Donnie reminds me quite a bit of George.

What it's function was supposed to be is not what it is now. I can only guess that you are defending the trillions we have pumped into it but want to condemn others for asking for the basics.
Can't answer the question...can you, Pknopp? Does it ever bother you that you're SO ignorant about so many things? Or do you just soldier on and pretend that you DO have a clue?

Her lack of leadership and ability to maintain law and order has been severely compromised. She is in no position to question Trump.

Because she is trying to avoid violence. Trump- is the one who is showing no leadership.

They are providing a service. It's a more honorable service than selling bad investments as good ones.
And what service would that be?

Her lack of leadership and ability to maintain law and order has been severely compromised. She is in no position to question Trump.

Because she is trying to avoid violence. Trump- is the one who is showing no leadership.
Letting anarchists take over part of your city doesn't avoid violence, BB...it just postpones it! This will end badly for the Mayor because appeasement almost always does!

Forum List

Back