Sebelius: ‘Hold Me Accountable For The Debacle’

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius told a House committee Wednesday that the blame lies with her for the glitches plaguing the HealthCare.gov website.

The House Energy and Commerce Committee held its second hearing related to the health care exchange website problems – and there were still glitches with the site during the hearing. Committee chairman and Michigan Congressman Fred Upton said he found an error message on the website’s registration page on the morning of the meeting.

The HealthCare.gov registration page stayed down throughout the 3 1/2 hour hearing.
Upton warned the committee and Sebelius that Americans are losing trust, and “soon they may worry about being on the wrong side of their government facing penalties,” if they cannot sign up through the glitch-prone websites.

Sebelius told the committee that the blame should be put on her for the problems the website has been experiencing since its Oct. 1 launch.
“Hold me accountable for the debacle. I am responsible,” Sebelius said.
Despite the glitches, Sebelius says the website “has never crashed.”
ObamaCare Site Crashes Minutes Before Sebelius Testimony
:eusa_whistle:

Sebelius: ?Hold Me Accountable For The Debacle? « CBS DC

What does he do to get these women to step out and say whatever has gone wrong is all their fault? He is responsible. It is his fault.

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius told a House committee Wednesday that the blame lies with her for the glitches plaguing the HealthCare.gov website.

The House Energy and Commerce Committee held its second hearing related to the health care exchange website problems – and there were still glitches with the site during the hearing. Committee chairman and Michigan Congressman Fred Upton said he found an error message on the website’s registration page on the morning of the meeting.

The HealthCare.gov registration page stayed down throughout the 3 1/2 hour hearing.
Upton warned the committee and Sebelius that Americans are losing trust, and “soon they may worry about being on the wrong side of their government facing penalties,” if they cannot sign up through the glitch-prone websites.

Sebelius told the committee that the blame should be put on her for the problems the website has been experiencing since its Oct. 1 launch.

What does he do to get these women to step out and say whatever has gone wrong is all their fault? He is responsible. It is his fault.

When he nominates anyone for a position, he gives them a gift. It's a sign for their desk that reads, "The buck stops here."

Last edited:

Ok, fine....YOU'RE FIRED.

Why do you care? You will not give the next one a fucking moment of honest evaluation anyway. You guys are transparent. You think if Obama has to let her go it will be embarrassing for him.....so you want him to let her go.
She is incompetent and unqualified for the job.

She's not being let go. None of these things you wingnuts want to happen will.

Let

It

Go

Romneycare is working great, so will Obamacare.

Have you a need for q-tips? So you can clean the sand from your ears.
That happens when you have your head buried in the sand.

Why do you care? You will not give the next one a fucking moment of honest evaluation anyway. You guys are transparent. You think if Obama has to let her go it will be embarrassing for him.....so you want him to let her go.

You haven't been honest about anything that has anything to do with Obama.

Hmm...like her you deflected my question.

I don't make a habit of responding to stupid questions. Ask anyone.

The question is legitimate....Is Sebelius doing her job well?

That depends upon how "doing her job well" is defined.

As she claims not to work for those who criticize her performance (and whom she neglects to remember are her constituents as a public official), it is safe to assume that actually providing a service that benefits the public is not part of her job duties.

Instead, her job duties are to carry water for those for whom she works (i.e. The Obama Administration), and to protect The Narrative.

It would be hard to discredit a competent administrator who got things up and running and millions of people signed up.

Even you admit this has been a fiasco. She is assuring the site will be up and running in 30 days. What will you say if it is the same in 30 days as it is today?

She needs to be let go because that's how failures of this magnitude are dealt with in THE REAL WORLD. Has nothing to do with Obama so put your damn emotions back in your pocket idiot.

It is absolutely about Obama for you losers.

Would Obama's replacement nominee get confirmed?

Depends on who it is.
Right now, the only Obama appointee of any import that is being blocked is Mel Watt.
That's due to his track record of unconditional support for Fannie/Freddie which was the root cause of the 2008 meltdown.
And Watt has no private sector experience whatsoever in banking or matters of finance.
Other than a few bumps in the road, most of Obama's appointees have sailed through confirmation.
Where's the problem.
This isn't personal. Obama is not the issue. The issue is his agenda.

I don't make a habit of responding to stupid questions. Ask anyone.

The question is legitimate....Is Sebelius doing her job well?

That depends upon how "doing her job well" is defined.

As she claims not to work for those who criticize her performance (and whom she neglects to remember are her constituents as a public official), it is safe to assume that actually providing a service that benefits the public is not part of her job duties.

Instead, her job duties are to carry water for those for whom she works (i.e. The Obama Administration), and to protect The Narrative.
I worded the question that way due to my feeling a bit charitable. So I tossed up a softball.
NO guarantee of a straight answer though.

Forum List

Back