🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sen. Ben Sasse unloads on Congress at Kavanaugh hearing

Good rant. Sadly it won't matter. Without true term limits we are doomed to what we have.
i'd love to see him gain support in politics overall with his back to basics approach. but he's exactly right. the hearings we see today if we let it go will be the new standard for all hearings.

and it sucks.

Good rant. Sadly it won't matter. Without true term limits we are doomed to what we have.
i'd love to see him gain support in politics overall with his back to basics approach. but he's exactly right. the hearings we see today if we let it go will be the new standard for all hearings.

and it sucks.
The first step is to close the doors and stop allowing disruptions. Second step would be unpopular because of transparency but shutting off the cameras and only allowing pool reporters in would stop the nonsensical Spartacus moments.

and it sucks.
Hopefully, the gooneybirds being dragged out of the hearing room will be arrested, but if it turns out they won't, I wouldn't be surprised. Washington DC cops are governed by a black, woman, Democrat mayor. Wouldn't be surprised if the cops treat the disruptors to beer & pizza.

Update - over the past 3 days, hundreds of the loons have been arrested. OK. Let's see if George Soros or some lefty org bails them out.

and it sucks.
The GOP set a precedent that an SC Justice can only be nominated and confirmed when a single party holds both the Senate and the White House. Don’t cry about what you supported them doing and the consequences from it.

McCain talked out his ass and it didn't matter. Democrats took. They don't give.

Now Sasse can talk till he's blue in his face (sorry), it won't matter. Democrats take. They don't give.

The only time you'll ever hear a democrat make an appeal, it won't be for unity, rule or order unless that rule, unity or order they think will be all on THEIR side to benefit them.

The Left has no intention for unity or order. They simply refuse to live in a nation they do not 100% control.

The democrats will continue to be the little children.

Did he really say that the purpose of a confirmation hearing is to review grade school concepts? If knowing School House Rock is all it takes for someone to be qualified to sit on the Supreme Court, then there's no reason for the Senate to advise and consent in the first place.

Did he really say that the purpose of a confirmation hearing is to review grade school concepts? If knowing School House Rock is all it takes for someone to be qualified to sit on the Supreme Court, then there's no reason for the Senate to advise and consent in the first place.
Not surprised you missed the point with his simple analogy. Not in the least

Lefties take great pride in twisting themselves all up in things that are simple and elementary to sane folks. They have to build complexities and they love hair splitting semantics. Plain fucking weird.

about 10-11 minutes but man alive do i love what he is saying.

Ben Sasse is a 100% real American badass.
There was a time when America was American and many of our politicians were Ben Sasse like.
The good ole days.

/----/ Compared to the democRATs' brain trust, Sasse is Socrates: "Now, people when I say that look at me and say, ‘What are you talking about, Joe? You’re telling me we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt?’ The answer is yes, that’s what I’m telling you." -- Joe Biden

he was comparing it a simple analogy where things were defined.

my guess is you know that but a message of sanity just doesn't sit well with some. i think we both know what he said was somewhere along the line we've *all* made things much more difficult than it needs to be.

and i think you just proved that. thanks.

Last edited:

and it sucks.
The GOP set a precedent that an SC Justice can only be nominated and confirmed when a single party holds both the Senate and the White House. Don’t cry about what you supported them doing and the consequences from it.

It won't matter, at least not for the next 30 years

and it sucks.
no problem - but when next time around you see this get even worse - don't cry about it - i mean, it's just the precedence you took it to cause your butt hurts.

he was comparing it a simple analogy where things were defined.

my guess is you know that but a message of sanity just doesn't sit well with some. i think we both know what he said was somewhere along the line we've *all* made things much more difficult than it needs to be.

and i think you just proved that. thanks.

So he wasn't talking about School House Rock, per se. He meant that confirmation hearings should test for analogously equivalent grade school level knowledge? Why are you so stupid?

I understand his point perfectly. He thinks that confirmation hearings should basically be a formality. He expects Donald to automatically receive a unanimous rubber stamp.

Forum List

Back