Senate Dimrats Vow to Filibuster Trumps SCOTUS Pick Without Knowing Who It Is

• Senator McConnell (the majority leader) would propose proceeding on a vote to confirm the nominee.
  • The presiding officer (one of the Republican senators, serving as president pro-tem) would rule that he is out of order as 60 votes are required for cloture.
  • Senator McConnell would then appeal his ruling. An appeal of a ruling of the presiding officer is voted on without debate and by simple majority.
  • The 52 Republican senators would vote to overturn the ruling of the presiding officer, and then vote to confirm the justice.
GOD BLESS HARRY REID
Again, that Senate rule does not apply to US Supreme Court nominations. Why does this not penetrate your skull?
Says who? Did you read that in Kos?
What kind of special retard are you who thinks Senate rules have something to do with Kos?

It isn't my fault you are ignorant of how the Senate works. You are posting on a subject in which you are over your head.

By the way, here's a hint: READ YOUR OWN LINKS.

Retard.
  • Senator McConnell (the majority leader) would propose proceeding on a vote to confirm the nominee.

• The presiding officer (one of the Republican senators, serving as president pro-tem) would rule that he is out of order as 60 votes are required for cloture.

• Senator McConnell would then appeal his ruling. An appeal of a ruling of the presiding officer is voted on without debate and by simple majority.

• The 52 Republican senators would vote to overturn the ruling of the presiding officer, and then vote to confirm the justice.

• Game Over.
So you are just going to triple down on your stupidity.

Okay.
Says the dufus who says the Senate can't go nuclear on a SCOTUS nominee.

For the extra thick numbskulls out there, a repeat:

Current Senate rules do not allow the nuclear option for US Supreme Court justices. Those rules would have to be changed. This rule has never been applied to Supreme Court nominations in the history of our country.

We are a nation of precedents. Changing laws for political expediency is what destroyed Europe. It's the sort of thing which Judge Sotomayor is all about.

This sort of shit is exactly why I say pseudocons remind me of the fucking 60s and 70s liberals.

It is okay Democrats, look like you are doing your job on blocking. Trump will just recess appoint.
Recess appointments have to be approved by the Senate before the end of the next session.

"The President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session."

That can be almost a year.
Senate leader says Senate is now in recess and hits his gavel. Done. Could happen tomorrow afternoon after Trump makes his announcement if they wanted.

Current Senate rules do not allow the nuclear option for US Supreme Court justices. Those rules would have to be changed. This rule has never been applied to Supreme Court nominations in the history of our country.

We are a nation of precedents. Changing laws for political expediency is what destroyed Europe. It's the sort of thing which Judge Sotomayor is all about.

This sort of shit is exactly why I say pseudocons remind me of the fucking 60s and 70s liberals.

Wrong, check Eisenhower who did it several times.

New Jersey judge William J. Brennan was appointed to the Supreme Court by President Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1956 by a recess appointment. This was done in part with an eye on the presidential campaign that year; Eisenhower was running for reelection, and his advisors thought it would be politically advantageous to place a northeastern Catholic on the court. Brennan was promptly confirmed when the Senate came back into session. Eisenhower, in a recess appointment, designated Charles W. Yost as United States Ambassador to Syria.[1] Eisenhower made two other recess appointments, Chief Justice Earl Warren and Associate Justice Potter Stewart

Recess appointment - Wikipedia

Bullshit. Link.

Afraid to link to Kos? :itsok:

Link.

I already provided it and the content. Your welcome.

Who changed the Senate rules to pass Hopeycare at midnight?

New Jersey judge William J. Brennan was appointed to the Supreme Court by President Dwight D. Eisenhower in 1956 by a recess appointment. This was done in part with an eye on the presidential campaign that year; Eisenhower was running for reelection, and his advisors thought it would be politically advantageous to place a northeastern Catholic on the court. Brennan was promptly confirmed when the Senate came back into session. Eisenhower, in a recess appointment, designated Charles W. Yost as United States Ambassador to Syria.[1] Eisenhower made two other recess appointments, Chief Justice Earl Warren and Associate Justice Potter Stewart

Hey dumbshit. I said the NUCLEAR OPTION has never been applied to Supreme Court nominations.

And thanks for confirming my earlier post in which I said recess appointments have to be confirmed before the end of the next session.

Can't do that for SC nominee.
Republican will need 8 Dems to get to 60. It won't happen.
BS. Senate leader makes the rules to whatever he wants them to be.

THANK YOU HARRY REID.

Opinion | Trump should go nuclear on his Supreme Court nominee

Trump supports ‘nuclear option’ to get his Supreme Court nominees approved, after Democrats used it for Obama’s court picks

The nuclear option only applies to lower court picks, dope.
The rules don't allow it for SC picks. The rule making period in the Senate has passed.
Rules schmools. All is needed is one Senator to raise a point of order, then the leader of the Senate says filibuster is over.

Mucho gracias amigo Harry Reid.

Not true.
GOD BLESS HARRY REID

The rules don't allow for such a motion for a vote on a SC nominee.

The rule change period has passed.

Who changed the Senate rules to pass Hopeycare at midnight?
And now comes the old standby, Two Wrongs Make A Right Winger™.

Rexx, weatherman, and the rest of the far right doofi don't understand how the 51 vote works.

Read up on it. McConnell needs to get his own squad to vote on a matter of the Constitution, at least 51, and he does not have but 46 at the moment.
What's that saying about counting eggs?
If you are a senate majority leader baker, like McConnell, you count eggs.

He needs more eggs right at the moment.
Nope. I'm going to enjoy watching Trump smear egg on your faces for the attacks on a Judge unanimously approved by Democrats for a Federal post recently.

A lower court judge.

The rules don't allow it for SC picks. The rule making period in the Senate has passed.
Rules schmools. All is needed is one Senator to raise a point of order, then the leader of the Senate says filibuster is over.

Not true.
GOD BLESS HARRY REID

Why won't you tell us who told you this?
Kos?
Soros?
Your auntie?

It is okay Democrats, look like you are doing your job on blocking. Trump will just recess appoint.
Recess appointments have to be approved by the Senate before the end of the next session.

"The President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session."

That can be almost a year.
Senate leader says Senate is now in recess and hits his gavel. Done. Could happen tomorrow afternoon after Trump makes his announcement if they wanted.

Simply not true in any way.

Well. just proves they were lying when they were yelling about it being vitally important to fill the seat this past year.

Oh and "settled law" can be changed whenever the people want by putting in representatives to change it. Which is pretty much the whole point of our system of government. We can eliminate bad laws no matter how ingrained they are.

Rexx, weatherman, and the rest of the far right doofi don't understand how the 51 vote works.

Read up on it. McConnell needs to get his own squad to vote on a matter of the Constitution, at least 51, and he does not have but 46 at the moment.

Nope. I'm going to enjoy watching Trump smear egg on your faces for the attacks on a Judge unanimously approved by Democrats for a Federal post recently.

A lower court judge.
So you're running with the "we approved Charles Manson Jr to be a judge in the Federal Court, but we must draw the line there" excuse?
You lefties are working really hard on Trumps 2020 reelection.

Not true.
GOD BLESS HARRY REID

Why won't you tell us who told you this?
Kos?
Soros?
Your auntie?

My vast wealth of knowledge informed me. Try reading something besides prepper mags.

A lower court judge.
So you're running with the "we approved Charles Manson Jr to be a judge in the Federal Court, but we must draw the line there" excuse?
You lefties are working really hard on Trumps 2020 reelection.

No, I'm going with the rules of the Senate, dope.

Again, that Senate rule does not apply to US Supreme Court nominations. Why does this not penetrate your skull?
Says who? Did you read that in Kos?
What kind of special retard are you who thinks Senate rules have something to do with Kos?

It isn't my fault you are ignorant of how the Senate works. You are posting on a subject in which you are over your head.

By the way, here's a hint: READ YOUR OWN LINKS.

Retard.

• Game Over.
So you are just going to triple down on your stupidity.

Okay.
Says the dufus who says the Senate can't go nuclear on a SCOTUS nominee.
That's not what I said. I said the rules currently do not allow it, and never have.

Got it now, retard?

Forum List

Back