Senate Dimrats Vow to Filibuster Trumps SCOTUS Pick Without Knowing Who It Is

For the extra thick numbskulls out there, a repeat:

Current Senate rules do not allow the nuclear option for US Supreme Court justices. Those rules would have to be changed. This rule has never been applied to Supreme Court nominations in the history of our country.

We are a nation of precedents. Changing laws for political expediency is what destroyed Europe. It's the sort of thing which Judge Sotomayor is all about.

This sort of shit is exactly why I say pseudocons remind me of the fucking 60s and 70s liberals.
Who changed the Senate rules to pass Hopeycare at midnight?
And now comes the old standby, Two Wrongs Make A Right Winger™.
It's OK, I would be embarrassed to quote any of your silly leftard blogs too.

Says who? Did you read that in Kos?
What kind of special retard are you who thinks Senate rules have something to do with Kos?

It isn't my fault you are ignorant of how the Senate works. You are posting on a subject in which you are over your head.

By the way, here's a hint: READ YOUR OWN LINKS.

Retard.
  • Senator McConnell (the majority leader) would propose proceeding on a vote to confirm the nominee.

• The presiding officer (one of the Republican senators, serving as president pro-tem) would rule that he is out of order as 60 votes are required for cloture.

• Senator McConnell would then appeal his ruling. An appeal of a ruling of the presiding officer is voted on without debate and by simple majority.

• The 52 Republican senators would vote to overturn the ruling of the presiding officer, and then vote to confirm the justice.

• Game Over.
So you are just going to triple down on your stupidity.

Okay.
Says the dufus who says the Senate can't go nuclear on a SCOTUS nominee.
That's not what I said. I said the rules currently do not allow it, and never have.

Got it now, retard?
I just gave you the official Senate rule sequence, dufus.

There's a LOT that the Senate Democrats don't know.
They are very, very good, as McConnell well knows. And McConnell despises the Alt Right, as you well know.

McConnell has to make a move of an order of the Constitution. He needs 51 votes. He has 46 at the moment, and none of the other six are budging.

For the extra thick numbskulls out there, a repeat:

Current Senate rules do not allow the nuclear option for US Supreme Court justices. Those rules would have to be changed. This rule has never been applied to Supreme Court nominations in the history of our country.

We are a nation of precedents. Changing laws for political expediency is what destroyed Europe. It's the sort of thing which Judge Sotomayor is all about.

This sort of shit is exactly why I say pseudocons remind me of the fucking 60s and 70s liberals.

Say, girlie, what part of the word "current" do you find so incomprehensible?

What kind of special retard are you who thinks Senate rules have something to do with Kos?

It isn't my fault you are ignorant of how the Senate works. You are posting on a subject in which you are over your head.

By the way, here's a hint: READ YOUR OWN LINKS.

Retard.
  • Senator McConnell (the majority leader) would propose proceeding on a vote to confirm the nominee.

• The presiding officer (one of the Republican senators, serving as president pro-tem) would rule that he is out of order as 60 votes are required for cloture.

• Senator McConnell would then appeal his ruling. An appeal of a ruling of the presiding officer is voted on without debate and by simple majority.

• The 52 Republican senators would vote to overturn the ruling of the presiding officer, and then vote to confirm the justice.

• Game Over.

Okay.
That's not what I said. I said the rules currently do not allow it, and never have.

Got it now, retard?
You gave an uninformed sequence.

McConnell has to make a motion for a question on the order of the Constitution.

He needs 51 votes to even get the nomination into debate.

Then he has to get around cloture (here your comments are appropriate), then he has to get 51 votes.

Right now he has 46.

Be mad all you want.

Sooooo......

What if......

They filibuster and the seat goes unfilled.

And then ginsburg dies......and they fillibuster and the seat goes unfilled.

And more keep dying and the seats go unfilled......

Until John Roberts meets his maker and there are no more justices....?

• Game Over.

Okay.

Got it now, retard?

Then he has to get around cloture (here your comments are appropriate), then he has to get 51 votes.

Right now he has 46.

Be mad all you want.
That's what I said. And he has 53 votes to close filibuster and we have a pro-life SCOTUS for the next 30 years. :dance:

Okay.

Got it now, retard?

Right now he has 46.

Be mad all you want.
That's what I said. And he has 53 votes to close filibuster and we have a pro-life SCOTUS for the next 30 years. :dance:
No, that is not what you said. Anyone can go back and see you are lying. He does not have 51 votes, kid. A Scalia-type appointment will not make it, Trump will offer a centrist, and everyone will be happy.

Got it now, retard?

Right now he has 46.

Be mad all you want.
No, that is not what you said. Anyone can go back and see you are lying. He does not have 51 votes, kid. A Scalia-type appointment will not make it, Trump will offer a centrist, and everyone will be happy.
Dufus keeps insisting Republicans don't have 51 votes because Soros told him.
One simple vote without debate and SCOTUS is conservative for the next 30 years.

Forum List

Back