Senator Cory Booker introduces bill to legalize marijuana all across America

Pot is addictive for some people. Trust me, I'm a musician.
Some people can become mentally obsessed with pot, but it is not physically or chemically addictive.
Not true. Some people become physiologically dependent. You won't hear that from the pot lobby and they'll propagate obfuscation.
can you prove that?.....just asking....

No, he can't prove that. There are a couple far out articles on the net, probably written by tipsy that say it's very addictive.

There's a wide range of ages posting on this site and just about anyone my age almost 70 can be living specimens it's not addictive. We have smoked on and off for 50 years, yes it's become stronger but you can also still find what we had in the 60's. I used to smoke daily in the military, when I got out about every weekend. When my kids were teenagers didn't even mentioned it and quit for about 15 years. Man what a shock I discovered when I stated on and off again. Couldn't believe how much the price went up. Now it's every once in awhile. Had some medicinal chocolate last night with THC, no didn't go out of my mind and didn't think about killing anyone. I think I'd rather vape it.
And there are plenty of 60-plus who can't go a day without it.

Is the drug safe or harmful?
Is tobacco? Is alcohol?
Harmful? Hell yes! So why legalize another harmful substance?
If a steak can harm a six month old baby, should I be barred from buying a steak?

The harmful argument applies to fire arms too.

The harmful argument applies to spray cans and automobiles and archery sets.
All good arguments for taking opiods. Good for you.

Don't bar anyone from taking anything.

End support. No more medical care. No rehab. Parents who throw addicts that are minors in the street cannot be prosecuted. No wefare, no ebt, no trip to the emergency room. Ban narcan. The right to use Deadly force against a druggie is unquestioned.
Then, maybe, we wouldn't have Rudy Eugene's crimes be compared to a paper cut.

Rudy Eugene: No Bath Salts, Only Marijuana Found In Face-Eater Toxicology Tests (VIDEO, PHOTOS) | HuffPost
There was once an idiot just like you. His name was Wayne Wheeler and he was the driving force behind the Temperance movement during the moronic Prohibition years.

At the government's urging, there was an effort to poison some liquor with industrial alcohol. Scores of people died as a result. Wheeler, ever the primary asshole of his day, said those deaths were voluntary suicides and no pity should be wasted on those unfortunate victims. Other pro-Prohibitionist were appalled by his callousness and the Prohibition movement began to lose steam.

It must be not only intellectually exhausting, but emotionally, physically, and possibly financially draining as well. How does a person like yourself with an almost preternatural ability to be a dick maintain your energy and self esteem?
Two fifths a day..

never said you would not....just talking about her credibility and knowledge when it comes to pot,which is pretty bad.....
Because I do not agree with you. Only you know the truth about miracle pot. Why? Because that is what addicts do. Their whole lives is justification for using. Everyone else is lying. No one knows how wonderful pot is but, oddly enough, other users.
The conversation might go better if you didn't assume he was an addict

He certainly sounds like an addict! Addicts constantly justify their addictions. That's one of the markers of addiction. The addictive substance is everything good in life, Conversely, point out how harmful pot is, the cause of stroke, heart attack, the addict goes on a tirade about how none of it is true. It's all a plot by alcoholics who are even worse. And, that is the true mark of the addict. Someone else is always worse.

So if our friend here does not like being called an addict, he can stop acting like one.
maybe you should find out what an addict is.....stating how things actually are is not being an addict....stating things that are bullshit like you do time and time again is being a dishonest asswipe...
Anyone who disagrees with using drugs is an asswipe is one of the markers of an addict. It just is. Continual justification of a substance as harmful as marijuana is, comes from the addiction. Especially claiming that the addicting substance is actually GOOD for you.

What addicts tell themselves.

10 Most-Used Excuses for Hiding Addiction | Palm Beach Institute
you must be drinking again.....show me were i ever in any conversation with you said ....Anyone who disagrees with using drugs is an asswipe......ill be around to wait for your proof....

You might not be high Harry D but you would fail a drug test!
never said you would not....just talking about her credibility and knowledge when it comes to pot,which is pretty bad.....
Because I do not agree with you. Only you know the truth about miracle pot. Why? Because that is what addicts do. Their whole lives is justification for using. Everyone else is lying. No one knows how wonderful pot is but, oddly enough, other users.
she calls everyone an addict,but when she gets called an alcoholic in return she gets a little perturbed....
Call me anything you like. I don't drink and never had the urge to justify the action. Which is the difference you see. I would never justify drinking, never even claim that alcohol in cough syrup worked. You on the other had defend pot with a rabid determination.
am i defending pot or disputing the bullshit you put up,there is a difference......figure it out if you are able to....

Some people can become mentally obsessed with pot, but it is not physically or chemically addictive.
Not true. Some people become physiologically dependent. You won't hear that from the pot lobby and they'll propagate obfuscation.

No, he can't prove that. There are a couple far out articles on the net, probably written by tipsy that say it's very addictive.

There's a wide range of ages posting on this site and just about anyone my age almost 70 can be living specimens it's not addictive. We have smoked on and off for 50 years, yes it's become stronger but you can also still find what we had in the 60's. I used to smoke daily in the military, when I got out about every weekend. When my kids were teenagers didn't even mentioned it and quit for about 15 years. Man what a shock I discovered when I stated on and off again. Couldn't believe how much the price went up. Now it's every once in awhile. Had some medicinal chocolate last night with THC, no didn't go out of my mind and didn't think about killing anyone. I think I'd rather vape it.
you mean dr tipsy,the one who speaks from experience?...

He certainly sounds like an addict! Addicts constantly justify their addictions. That's one of the markers of addiction. The addictive substance is everything good in life, Conversely, point out how harmful pot is, the cause of stroke, heart attack, the addict goes on a tirade about how none of it is true. It's all a plot by alcoholics who are even worse. And, that is the true mark of the addict. Someone else is always worse.

So if our friend here does not like being called an addict, he can stop acting like one.
maybe you should find out what an addict is.....stating how things actually are is not being an addict....stating things that are bullshit like you do time and time again is being a dishonest asswipe...
Anyone who disagrees with using drugs is an asswipe is one of the markers of an addict. It just is. Continual justification of a substance as harmful as marijuana is, comes from the addiction. Especially claiming that the addicting substance is actually GOOD for you.

you must be drinking again.....show me were i ever in any conversation with you said ....Anyone who disagrees with using drugs is an asswipe......ill be around to wait for your proof....
You did.

You've smoked pot for 50 years. That's how you know it's not addictive.

Do you know how absurd that sounds?

You did.
lets see it.....

You did.
lets see it.....
You quoted yourself !

Are you high?

Describe, if you can, addiction.

you must be drunk today.....i smoked pot aprox 30 years off and on.....70's to the 90's and went a few years in there were i never touched the stuff.....this century maybe 4 times...if i was an "addict" as you claim i would not have been able to go a few years in between and i would constantly be smoking it here in this century....its legal were i am at...but no pot....learn what an addict is before you throw your ignorance around...

You did.
lets see it.....
You quoted yourself !

Are you high?
so you cant show me saying what you said,more tipsy talk.....

You might not be high Harry D but you would fail a drug test!

You quoted yourself about six times already. You're too high to even post. Go to sleep you're not making sense.

You quoted yourself about six times already. You're too high to even post. Go to sleep you're not making sense.
and yet you cant point out one of those 6 quotes....here let me help you out....the only time in this thread i called you an asswipe was here....".stating things that are bullshit like you do time and time again is being a dishonest asswipe".....now tell me,was i calling you an asswipe because of the bullshit you spew or was i calling you one because you dont agree with using pot?.........put the bottle away and figure it out,if you cant ask your caretaker to help you out....

A nation of drug addicts. That's the way to prosperity!
Disagreed. Just because alcohol is legal didn't create a nation of alcoholics as the authoritarian asshats forecast.

Carrie-Nation-3230319-x1.jpg
Drug use is way different than alcohol. An addict is an addict 100% of the time.

Employers are already complaining about the scarcity of employees that aren't addicts.

They didn't say addicts, employers said could not pass a drug test. You don't get addicted to marijuana. You do get addicted to alcohol.
Addiction specialists don't agree with you.

Marijuana use can be problematic but only rarely leads to addiction

New Study Proves Marijuana Is Not Addictive

Disagreed. Just because alcohol is legal didn't create a nation of alcoholics as the authoritarian asshats forecast.

Drug use is way different than alcohol. An addict is an addict 100% of the time.

Employers are already complaining about the scarcity of employees that aren't addicts.

They didn't say addicts, employers said could not pass a drug test. You don't get addicted to marijuana. You do get addicted to alcohol.

It's almost addictive as sex...When you've been married to them for 25 years...

Pot is NOT addictive, but pot haters are juuuuust fine allowing " prescribed" meds to be taken like candy. Which is thousands of times more dangerous, and addictive. Those are the people who teach kids, do surgery, fix your teeth, work at a bank. Functional addicts until they hit bottom.
Some people can't handle drinking responsibly. Should they be banned from drinking?
Are you trying to deflect from the claim that potheads are non violent?

If rhe victim had a gun these potheads would not be beating anyone else up. Pot does not make someone peaceful. Potheads do not want to sit around and eat chips. They are violent killers.

I'm glad our elected officials are focusing on the important shit....

/sarcasm

Useless tools running our country
The marijuana industry, like the gaming industry, is not only a job creator but a revenue machine. It's important if you want jobs, a regulated drug trade, increased tax revenue for states and municipalities and a decrease in our prison population.

Frankly, I don't see a down side.
Is the drug safe or harmful?
Is tobacco? Is alcohol?
Harmful? Hell yes! So why legalize another harmful substance?

Is marijuana harmful? How so? You better make this good so I can tell a group of 70 year olds who smoke it a few times a week so they can quit.

LOL

It's almost addictive as sex...

Only in brain sets like yours.

It's almost addictive as sex...

Only in brain sets like yours.
That's beyond my control as it is an inherent behavior...

The Gov. has had a patent on pot for years while telling the public it has no medic. value to it. You mean you can't pick up on the lies told about it.

For decades the gov. who made billions off the " WAR ON DRUGS" ................said no purpose in it, it is not medicinal but today suddenly it serves for multiple health issues oh isn't that strange.

So you see now instead of raping the people through the courts, DEA, the war on drugs they' do it through BIG PHARMA as they charge you outrageous prices for it, and sell you GMO bs crops .

Forum List

Back