Senator Cory Booker introduces bill to legalize marijuana all across America

What gives you the right to inject THC into other people's systems, which is exactly what happens if you smoke that shit in public?

OK, I don't think liberals believe you should be able to smoke weed out in public, in the open as you would tobacco. If establishments want to have toking rooms, those are always away from the public. You cannot control what people will do out in public with pot, anymore than you can control what people will do out in public with cigarettes.
Tobacco, which was ubiquitous in public for centuries, has been legislated into near public extinction. If the will was there, the law could prevent public pot smoking just as it had for the previous millenia.

I believe in certain areas where it is legal it has been banned from smoking in public.

What gives you the right to inject THC into other people's systems, which is exactly what happens if you smoke that shit in public?

OK, I don't think liberals believe you should be able to smoke weed out in public, in the open as you would tobacco. If establishments want to have toking rooms, those are always away from the public. You cannot control what people will do out in public with pot, anymore than you can control what people will do out in public with cigarettes.
Tobacco, which was ubiquitous in public for centuries, has been legislated into near public extinction. If the will was there, the law could prevent public pot smoking just as it had for the previous millenia.

I believe in certain areas where it is legal it has been banned from smoking in public.
That doesn't stop anyone.

You've smoked pot for 50 years. That's how you know it's not addictive.

Do you know how absurd that sounds?

Did you not read my post? Did I smoke pot everyday? Nope, even in the military probably a couple times a week. Then weekends then didn't for quite a few years. In past year have had 3 joints and two pieces of chocolate medicinal.

What give you the right to tell me what I can and cannot do?
you would have to have a group of people smoking to get that or you would have to be standing downwind right next to the person smoking,and i doubt that happens to you because you are too dam paranoid.......
Who are you to determine what is harmful to others?
Boomer: It's True, I Had Second-Hand High During 'MNF' Broadcast
My car was filled with pot smoke a couple of weeks back. From the car of potheads in front of me at an intersection. What if I had children or a baby in a car seat in my car? You're OK with that?

Sure I am because it didn't happen.
It didn't happen? That's an incredible combination of ignorance and arrogance.

you mean dr tipsy,the one who speaks from experience?...
You've smoked pot for 50 years. That's how you know it's not addictive.

Do you know how absurd that sounds?

Did you not read my post? Did I smoke pot everyday? Nope, even in the military probably a couple times a week. Then weekends then didn't for quite a few years. In past year have had 3 joints and two pieces of chocolate medicinal.

you would have to have a group of people smoking to get that or you would have to be standing downwind right next to the person smoking,and i doubt that happens to you because you are too dam paranoid.......
My car was filled with pot smoke a couple of weeks back. From the car of potheads in front of me at an intersection. What if I had children or a baby in a car seat in my car? You're OK with that?
you are so full of shit.....do think no one here has ever been by a car with someone smoking?.....geezus roshawn your stories are getting to be as fantastic as tipsies...

Sure I am because it didn't happen.
It didn't happen? That's an incredible combination of ignorance and arrogance.
thats what happens when you tell these incredible stories....

Well, hold on...criminalization of marijuana isn't something that's been around for millennia. In fact, it's only been around since the 1930's. That's when marijuana was criminalized in the US. And it was criminalized not because of anything to do with health or public safety. It was criminalized because those in the timber industry didn't want their resources usurped by cheaper, easier-to-grow hemp. So they couched prohibition along racial lines, vilifying "Mexican" immigrants by way of weed. This video explains it:

Tobacco does not impair the ability to drive. Driving while impaired from pot is a growing concern because pot involved accidents are increasingly deadly.

Are they though? In relation to what? Because you could say that legal pot has caused pot-related driving accidents to "skyrocket", but if the instances of pot-driving were low to begin with, then saying they grew by 100% or whatever isn't as huge as you'd like us to think. Like, going from 2 to 4 is a 100% increase. So what is the scope and scale of what we're talking about? How many pot-related incidents before legalization vs. post-legalization?

It's like the people who oppose legalization have never toked before in their lives, or did so 40 years ago. Pot has changed a lot in the last 40 years. The pot people toked in the 1970's isn't anywhere near what the pot people toke today.

A nation of drug addicts. That's the way to prosperity!

Alcohol and tobacco are drugs, along with all sorts of things coming out of pharma companies.
Tobacco does not impair the ability to drive. Driving while impaired from pot is a growing concern because pot involved accidents are increasingly deadly.

Alcohol does.

People drink and drive and it's illegal over a certain limit, isn't it? Are you suggesting we ban alcohol?

It's like the people who oppose legalization have never toked before in their lives, or did so 40 years ago. Pot has changed a lot in the last 40 years. The pot people toked in the 1970's isn't anywhere near what the pot people toke today.
some of the stories they tell are pretty funny though.....

I've wondered how where it is legal people pass drug tests in employment.

I know at my husband's firm you flunk you're gone

Some employers have relaxed if marijuana found, but nothing else.

Depends on the job. Anyone testing positive for marijuana will be prohibited from driving a commercial vehicle until they go through a drug treatment program.

Pot is addictive for some people. Trust me, I'm a musician.
Some people can become mentally obsessed with pot, but it is not physically or chemically addictive.
Not true. Some people become physiologically dependent. You won't hear that from the pot lobby and they'll propagate obfuscation.
can you prove that?.....just asking....

No, he can't prove that. There are a couple far out articles on the net, probably written by tipsy that say it's very addictive.

There's a wide range of ages posting on this site and just about anyone my age almost 70 can be living specimens it's not addictive. We have smoked on and off for 50 years, yes it's become stronger but you can also still find what we had in the 60's. I used to smoke daily in the military, when I got out about every weekend. When my kids were teenagers didn't even mentioned it and quit for about 15 years. Man what a shock I discovered when I stated on and off again. Couldn't believe how much the price went up. Now it's every once in awhile. Had some medicinal chocolate last night with THC, no didn't go out of my mind and didn't think about killing anyone. I think I'd rather vape it.

It is not physically addictive however you can develop a physiological addiction.

Today it is significantly more intense which makes it more dangerous and more impactive on passive ingestion.

A nation of drug addicts. That's the way to prosperity!

Alcohol and tobacco are drugs, along with all sorts of things coming out of pharma companies.

Alcohol does.

People drink and drive and it's illegal over a certain limit, isn't it? Are you suggesting we ban alcohol?

Is is illegal to drive drunk or drive when you have been drinking. It's already banned. Ban pot the same way. From what I have read, stoned drivers are less likely to get into an accident than drunk drivers, but stoned drivers are more likely to be involved in a deadly accident than drunk drivers.

I've wondered how where it is legal people pass drug tests in employment.

I know at my husband's firm you flunk you're gone

Some employers have relaxed if marijuana found, but nothing else.

Depends on the job. Anyone testing positive for marijuana will be prohibited from driving a commercial vehicle until they go through a drug treatment program.

Yes agreed it does depend on the job. Office workers and some assisted living facilities test but not for marijuana where i'm from.

Forum List

Back