Senator Cory Booker introduces bill to legalize marijuana all across America

Alcohol and tobacco are drugs, along with all sorts of things coming out of pharma companies.
Tobacco does not impair the ability to drive. Driving while impaired from pot is a growing concern because pot involved accidents are increasingly deadly.

Alcohol does.

People drink and drive and it's illegal over a certain limit, isn't it? Are you suggesting we ban alcohol?

Is is illegal to drive drunk or drive when you have been drinking. It's already banned. Ban pot the same way. From what I have read, stoned drivers are less likely to get into an accident than drunk drivers, but stoned drivers are more likely to be involved in a deadly accident than drunk drivers.
you got it wrong as usual....
Stoned driving on the rise, but is it as risky as drinking and driving?
As more states legalize marijuana for medical or recreational use, concern is rising about the risk of people getting behind the wheel while high. The latest highway safety statistics confirm the number of drivers testing positive for pot has increased dramatically -- but driving under the influence of alcohol remains a far more deadly threat.
Is It More Dangerous To Drive Under the Influence of Alcohol or Marijuana?
Does Driving High on Marijuana Increase Fatal Crashes?
Oh good! Then your pilot can take it and fly! Great news!

Pilots are randomly tested for drugs and alcohol. Either in their system and they are grounded. So you are being a bit of a drama queen.

Important stuff!
It is important stuff. Colorado is seeing tens of millions in increased sales taxes, enabling them to keep other taxes lower while not diminishing services.
They will still not be able to cover the losses drug use incurs.

Alcohol is heavily taxed. It's been taxed for years and has never been able to pay for the losses drinking incurs. Never. Not even close. The taxes on alcohol doesn't even pay for the cost of driving related offenses.

State's rights and Booker is an asshat
Agreed. Legalizing it nationally doesn't or shouldn't prevent a state from the enacting stricter laws just like they do with alcohol. Back in the day, some states allowed drinking at 18, some at 21. Result? Lots of border liquor stores and bars. God Bless America!
It sucks that you can't buy a six pack on Sunday in Mississippi. That's elected officials imposing their religious beliefs on you.

The least that the Federal govt should do is remove the Federal penalties for marijuana, and hemp.

Buy a 12 pack on Saturday, pretty simple.

Tobacco does not impair the ability to drive. Driving while impaired from pot is a growing concern because pot involved accidents are increasingly deadly.

Alcohol does.

People drink and drive and it's illegal over a certain limit, isn't it? Are you suggesting we ban alcohol?

Is is illegal to drive drunk or drive when you have been drinking. It's already banned. Ban pot the same way. From what I have read, stoned drivers are less likely to get into an accident than drunk drivers, but stoned drivers are more likely to be involved in a deadly accident than drunk drivers.
you got it wrong as usual....
Stoned driving on the rise, but is it as risky as drinking and driving?
As more states legalize marijuana for medical or recreational use, concern is rising about the risk of people getting behind the wheel while high. The latest highway safety statistics confirm the number of drivers testing positive for pot has increased dramatically -- but driving under the influence of alcohol remains a far more deadly threat.
Is It More Dangerous To Drive Under the Influence of Alcohol or Marijuana?
Does Driving High on Marijuana Increase Fatal Crashes?
Oh good! Then your pilot can take it and fly! Great news!

Pilots are randomly tested for drugs and alcohol. Either in their system and they are grounded. So you are being a bit of a drama queen.
A bit? Sir, you are being too kind.

Obviously the same rules that apply to alcohol should be applied to drugs. Legal, restricted and taxed.

Agreed. Legalizing it nationally doesn't or shouldn't prevent a state from the enacting stricter laws just like they do with alcohol. Back in the day, some states allowed drinking at 18, some at 21. Result? Lots of border liquor stores and bars. God Bless America!
It sucks that you can't buy a six pack on Sunday in Mississippi. That's elected officials imposing their religious beliefs on you.

The least that the Federal govt should do is remove the Federal penalties for marijuana, and hemp.
That's the local population making a vote. If that same local population voted to legalize pot, would you be spouting "That's elected officials imposing their religious beliefs on you"? I doubt it.
No, it's a statewide ban on Sunday alcohol sales. Alabama too, I think. Georgia in most, excluding Atlanta and others.

That's the local population making a vote. If that same local population voted to legalize pot, would you be spouting "That's elected officials imposing their religious beliefs on you"? I doubt it.
Legalizing pot wouldn't be a religion-based decision, like Sunday alcohol bans.

Dude, it's all based upon local ideology. Do you want to impose your ideology across the nation or not?

Important stuff!
It is important stuff. Colorado is seeing tens of millions in increased sales taxes, enabling them to keep other taxes lower while not diminishing services.

Alcohol is heavily taxed. It's been taxed for years and has never been able to pay for the losses drinking incurs. Never. Not even close. The taxes on alcohol doesn't even pay for the cost of driving related offenses.
Losses from alcohol dwarf any from marijuana.

You don't have the auto accidents, domestic abuse, property damage, deaths with marijuana use that you do with booze.

Of course it will not succeed with both houses in Congress and the Presidency in the hands of Republicans. States have to take the initiative. It is legal for recreational use in 8 states and medical only use in another 17 states which means Marijuana is sold legally in half the states yet sellers and buyers in all of those states are in violation of federal drug laws, truly a mockery of the law.

Last edited:
Important stuff!

You don't have the auto accidents, domestic abuse, property damage, deaths with marijuana use that you do with booze.
I support legalizing all drugs. I also support regulation of those same drugs as we do alcohol. What I don't support are authoritarian assholes who say we should legalize drugs but ban guns. Those motherfuckers are hypocrites.

Dude, it's all based upon local ideology. Do you want to impose your ideology across the nation or not?
You're trying to change my argument from religion to ideology. I'm not arguing ideology. I don't want legal marijuana because it's what Liberals should want. I want it because there is no valid reason why it should be illegal. Especially when there are worse substances - like alcohol - that are legal.

Important stuff!

I support legalizing all drugs. I also support regulation of those same drugs as we do alcohol. What I don't support are authoritarian assholes who say we should legalize drugs but ban guns. Those motherfuckers are hypocrites.
Okay! How about a swim at your own risk policy? You good with that or are we expected to save your ass when you o d on heroin?

You're trying to change my argument from religion to ideology. I'm not arguing ideology. I don't want legal marijuana because it's what Liberals should want. I want it because there is no valid reason why it should be illegal. Especially when there are worse substances - like alcohol - that are legal.
Here's what I don't get. Why would you want to ADD to the misery that alcohol and nicotine bring to society?

Important stuff!

Okay! How about a swim at your own risk policy? You good with that or are we expected to save your ass when you o d on heroin?
Works for me. I believe in evolution. You?

The fact marijuana is a class 1 drug is ludicrous. There are many confirmed medicinal uses. Big Pharma is going to lobby hard to keep cannabis from being legalized, they can't patent it. Considering the other issues congress has to deal with, and their lack of ability to prove they can function, I don't see this going to far to quickly.

Here's what I don't get. Why would you want to ADD to the misery that alcohol and nicotine bring to society?

How are you adding to the misery? People use the plant for many different things already.

No, it's a statewide ban on Sunday alcohol sales. Alabama too, I think. Georgia in most, excluding Atlanta and others.
I think some counties in Alabama are still dry. I can't imagine living in a place where you can't buy a beer or have a glass wine with dinner.

Important stuff!

You will. The more widespread the use the more damage. One man shoots his wife, another eats the eyeballs out of another man's head, a group of potties laugh as they watch a man drown.

Just increase that. It's an approximation of what you will get.

The fact marijuana is a class 1 drug is ludicrous. There are many confirmed medicinal uses. Big Pharma is going to lobby hard to keep cannabis from being legalized, they can't patent it. Considering the other issues congress has to deal with, and their lack of ability to prove they can function, I don't see this going to far to quickly.
Big Pharma will fight for profit. If there's a profit, they'll fight for it.

Forum List

Back