Senator Dianne Feinstein Moves To Ban ALL Assault Rifles, High Capacity Magazines...

As long as they are part of a well-regulated militia, I don't have a problem with it.

That means licensing, training, limits on how many guns you can have. it doesn't mean these guys..

redneck_neighborhood_watch-13262.jpg
SCOTUS says you're full of shit. Your pouting and stamping your feet alters that not at all.

Case law says it.

And that can be reversed.
Bad idea. :lol: Taking guns away from people with guns.

Last edited by a moderator:
[

A well regulated militia. hmmm
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

what about that part?....Mmmm.....

As long as they are part of a well-regulated militia, I don't have a problem with it.

That means licensing, training, limits on how many guns you can have. it doesn't mean these guys..

redneck_neighborhood_watch-13262.jpg

geezus Joe.....so now just because those guys are fucking with you none of them are responsible Citizens?.....i work with a guy Joe who would be posing in that picture with those guys.....and he is a very responsible guy with guns and he has a fucking arsenal.....

That is NOT what the 2nd says. And the Supreme Court agrees. You lost, the second is officially an individual right to own possess and carry military style weapons as determined by the Constitution and the Supreme Court.

Scalia has a heart attack. Obama appoints his replacement. Heller is reconsidered.

The second means militias again.

yea and everybody will just line up and turn their guns over.....including Organized Crime and your local thugs....

Scalia has a heart attack. Obama appoints his replacement. Heller is reconsidered.

The militia consist of a group of private citizens not connected to the government, who supply their own firearms.
If that is how you want to go.

Not connected?

The congress has authority over militias.

yea i would like to see that......a bunch of Democratic Congress people telling a bunch of Right Wing civilians what to do.....and the same would be if it was reversed....Republican Congress telling a bunch of Left Wingers.......

the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

what about that part?....Mmmm.....
Leftists believe they get to ignore any parts of the Constitution they disagree with.

RWers do that.

You guys never quote the whole amendment.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
it has been shown Sallow....keep up.....

There's no point in continuing this. You'll cling to any study, no matter how flawed, as long as it reinforces your irrational hatred of guns.

I've shown you how Kellerman is wrong. I've shown you stats from reliable sources that disprove your claims. You ignore them all.

You don't want the truth. You hate guns, and that's all that matters to you.

No, guy you proved nothing of the sort.

If you kill yourself with a gun, that gun killed you. If you have 37 gun suicides and 4 gun domestic murders to every home defense murder, that's a 43-1 ratio of the gun being more of a hazard than a help. This was the point Kellerman made. NOw, it might not be a point you LIKE, but it is a fact. Guns in the house are far more likely to kill someone in the house.

Frankly, I'm indifferent to guns. I fired them when I was in the army and was responsible for maintaining them. I have no problem with guns.

I just don't think everyone should have them.

And I think your reasons for wanting them are silly and kind of tell us more about you (nothing good) than about the gun's utility.

That is NOT what the 2nd says. And the Supreme Court agrees. You lost, the second is officially an individual right to own possess and carry military style weapons as determined by the Constitution and the Supreme Court.

yea and everybody will just line up and turn their guns over.....including Organized Crime and your local thugs....

You are far more likely to be killed by a family member in an argument over who got the last sausage link than a mob hitman. Sorry, this is just the truth of the thing.

that limit on how many guns? so what the number YOU would allow then...?

and as far as that photo goes, you do know in Staten Island abc interviewed folks who were performing their own neighborhood watch for looters and gosh some of them admitted to having ....firearms :eek:

Well, how about a little common sense gun control.

You don't need a 100 round clip or a semi-automatic weapon. We can start right there.

Also, we should make sure that you aren't crazy when you buy one.

And limiting someone to one gun purchase a month isn't unreasonable. I mean, Jesus Christ, what are you stocking up for, the Zombie Apocolypse?

There's no point in continuing this. You'll cling to any study, no matter how flawed, as long as it reinforces your irrational hatred of guns.

I've shown you how Kellerman is wrong. I've shown you stats from reliable sources that disprove your claims. You ignore them all.

If you kill yourself with a gun, that gun killed you. If you have 37 gun suicides and 4 gun domestic murders to every home defense murder, that's a 43-1 ratio of the gun being more of a hazard than a help. This was the point Kellerman made. NOw, it might not be a point you LIKE, but it is a fact. Guns in the house are far more likely to kill someone in the house.

Frankly, I'm indifferent to guns. I fired them when I was in the army and was responsible for maintaining them. I have no problem with guns.

And I think your reasons for wanting them are silly and kind of tell us more about you (nothing good) than about the gun's utility.
You don't think at all. You're just a mindless sheep. "Guns are BAAAAAAAAAD!"

Run along, boy.

Joe if there was no Guns for those 37 who killed themselves......dont you think they could find another way?......if a person wants to end it bad enough,they dont need a gun to do it....same with Domestic murders.....

[
SCOTUS says you're full of shit. Your pouting and stamping your feet alters that not at all.

SCOTUS says that now, but frankly, Scalia and Thomas ain't gonna live forever and Obama gets to appoint their replacements.

Then, buh-bye crazy interpretations of the Constitution...

You don't think at all. You're just a mindless sheep. "Guns are BAAAAAAAAAD!"

Run along, boy.

Actually, I put more thought into this problem than you have...

You seem to think a gun is a substitute for your tiny penis.

Even the lefties will see things differently when the entitlements cuts start happening.
I'm not sure if it will happen before or after the impeachment.

You are far more likely to be killed by a family member in an argument over who got the last sausage link than a mob hitman. Sorry, this is just the truth of the thing.

and you dont need a gun to kill that person.....do ya?....but the Mob hitman aint going to use a frying pan.....Sorry this is just the truth of the thing....

Joe if there was no Guns for those 37 who killed themselves......dont you think they could find another way?......if a person wants to end it bad enough,they dont need a gun to do it....same with Domestic murders.....

Ummm, no actually I don't. And neither do you.

Having a gun in the house makes it a LOT easier to kill yourself or someone else.

Which is why we have a murder rate that is so much higher than other industrialized countries, and a higher suicide rate as well.

My argument was not "how do we stop domestic homicide/suicide". My argument was, is a gun in your house more of a danger to your family than protection.

And statistically- it is.

And here's the thing. I don't want to ban private gun ownership. I do want to change the laws so that crazy people like Joker HOlmes can't walk into a gun store and arm himself like the Zombies are coming.

But the two argument gun fetishists like Caveman give for wanting a gun is 1) "I need to protect myself from all the scary non-white people who might commit crimes" and 2) "I need to have a gun in case government goes too far and I need to fight them."

Both arguments are absurd in the extreme.

If you like to shoot or hunt, I have no problem with that. But frankly, you should have at least the bare minimum responsibility that people take with other activities like driving a car.

that limit on how many guns? so what the number YOU would allow then...?

and as far as that photo goes, you do know in Staten Island abc interviewed folks who were performing their own neighborhood watch for looters and gosh some of them admitted to having ....firearms :eek:

Well, how about a little common sense gun control.

You don't need a 100 round clip or a semi-automatic weapon. We can start right there.

Also, we should make sure that you aren't crazy when you buy one.

And limiting someone to one gun purchase a month isn't unreasonable. I mean, Jesus Christ, what are you stocking up for, the Zombie Apocolypse?

I have already posted the reference to the law here in cali. that bans high capacity magazines, we don't need the feds to do that.

If a state feels it worthy they can do so, they also have enacted a law that requires all "assault weapons" sold here have built in a quick magazine change restriction. keep up.

German Firearms Act of 1937:
"No civilian is to have a firearm without a permit and permits will not be issued to [persons] suspected of acting against the state. For Jews this permission will not be granted. Those people who do not require permission to purchase or carry weapons [include] the whole SS and SA, including the Death's Head group and officers of the Hitler Youth." [Kates, Restricting Handguns pg. 185, 1979]

Adolph Hitler:
"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to permit the conquered Eastern peoples to have arms. History teaches that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by doing so." April 11, 1942, quoted in Hitler's Tischegesprache Im Fuhrerhauptquartier 1941-1942, [Hitler's Table-Talk at the Fuhrer's Headquarters 1941-1942], Dr. Henry Picker, ed. (Athenaum-Verlag, Bonn, 1951); The original source is notes taken by Hitler associate Martin Bormann, a document called Bormann-Vermerke.

Heinrich Himmler:
"Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA-- ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State."

Links:
http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5072/quotes.html
GunCite: The Myth of Nazi Gun Control
GunCite: gun control and Second Amendment issues

Ummm, no actually I don't. And neither do you.

Having a gun in the house makes it a LOT easier to kill yourself or someone else.

Which is why we have a murder rate that is so much higher than other industrialized countries, and a higher suicide rate as well.

My argument was not "how do we stop domestic homicide/suicide". My argument was, is a gun in your house more of a danger to your family than protection.

And statistically- it is.

And here's the thing. I don't want to ban private gun ownership. I do want to change the laws so that crazy people like Joker HOlmes can't walk into a gun store and arm himself like the Zombies are coming.

But the two argument gun fetishists like Caveman give for wanting a gun is 1) "I need to protect myself from all the scary non-white people who might commit crimes" and 2) "I need to have a gun in case government goes too far and I need to fight them."

Both arguments are absurd in the extreme.

If you like to shoot or hunt, I have no problem with that. But frankly, you should have at least the bare minimum responsibility that people take with other activities like driving a car.

you need ot go back and read and digest some of the posts daveman made ala statistics etc.....

I have already posted the reference to the law here in cali. that bans high capacity magazines, we don't need the feds to do that.

If a state feels it worthy they can do so, they also have enacted a law that requires all "assault weapons" sold here have built in a quick magazine change restriction. keep up.

Yeah, they can do a lot of things.

Like here in IL, we are trying to get a law passed saying that if you lose your gun or it gets stolen, you have to report it missing. Makes sense. "Missing" guns usually turn up in crimes.

You know who is totally against passing this law? The NRA!

Now, seriously, what possible reasoning could they have against this kind of law?

Forum List

Back