Senator Elizabeth Warren introduces '$10 a day' child care legislation

If they are net contributors instead of welfare recipients. It doesn’t benefit the country to have more and more people dependent on OPM.
The country needs people to have kids, does it not?

As one of only a few posters at USMB with a young son at home, I know how hard it can be to find affordable child care you can rely on. That's why I'm calling on everyone, politicians and citizens alike, to join Pocahontas in her FIGHT to give America's working families a helping hand.

Why should I be taxed to pay your day care bill?

Why don't you pay your own bills?

What happens if the country doesn't have enough people to do the hard work?
and how are a bunch of useless people living off of others going to change or help that???

do you have any idea how many people right now are not working and living off of others??

when we can get those people off the tit and in the work place we can talk about new ones,,

What happens if the country doesn't have enough people to do the hard work?
We have plenty of people to do the hard work. The problem is we are giving them so much of other people’s money that they can choose not to.

Cut off the welfare to able-bodied adults, and you’ll have them COMPETING for the hard work.

We have plenty of people to do the hard work. The problem is we are giving them so much of other people’s money that they can choose not to.

Cut off the welfare to able-bodied adults, and you’ll have them COMPETING for the hard work.
There's already a labor shortage out there and birth rates have declined to be well below replacement rate. Without immigration (which the political right very much opposes), our population will shrink.

What do you think happens to the economy of a country with a shrinking population?

By extension, wouldn't you also be against public school?
I was going to actually give that as an example. We ALREADY support schools, providing parents with a free education for their children. We don’t need to give the middle-class parents WELFARE on top of that.

Besides, where is all this money supposed to come from to help the “needy” families earning “only” $130,000 a year?

I was going to actually give that as an example. We ALREADY support schools, providing parents with a free education for their children. We don’t need to give the middle-class parents WELFARE on top of that.

Besides, where is all this money supposed to come from to help the “needy” families earning “only” $130,000 a year?
Do you consider public school to be welfare?

There's already a labor shortage out there and birth rates have declined to be well below replacement rate. Without immigration (which the political right very much opposes), our population will shrink.

What do you think happens to the economy of a country with a shrinking population?
There’s no labor shortage. There’s an unwillingness of people to take jobs because destructive leftist policies enable them not to.

What do you think happens to the economy of a country when the majority of people are on the government dole?

Do you consider public school to be welfare?
No. Two separate things:

1) Public schools: Prepare children with the basics of education to be able to work and contribute.

2) Handouts to parents for daycare: Making parents dependent on the government dole, and telegraphing to children that they won’t be responsible for their own expenses when they grow up.

I think this is one point of Pocahontas' plan that is particularly abhorrent . It provides subsidies to MIDDLE CLASS people for this expense, putting more people into recipiency of the government's largesse.

Let people pay their own bills.

At least those who can.

BTW, there is already subsidized daycare for America's povs, through "Head Start " and other schemes.

Forum List

Back