Senator Elizabeth Warren introduces '$10 a day' child care legislation

in my family a ice cream cone for DQ was for special birthdays,,
now that I think about it we never ate out ever and my first mcdonalds I paid for after working for the money
You were poorer, it seems.

In my family, we lived in a 1200 sq foot house, with one bathroom, one car, no central air conditioning of course, one single phone on a party line, one little B/W TV - and that was considered comfortably middle class! These days, libs would claim that’s “poor” and other people need to give them money.

The people being forced to pay for it are not better off.

Parents can both go to work as soon as the younger of their two kids is in school. Until then, they can rent an apartment and the children can share a bedroom. Why should OTHER people fund their living expenses?
Yes they are. They will live in a more prosperous town and see their tax burden reduced.
Its not complicated hun.

I mowed a neighbors lawn then got a burger with the dollar. It was the best burger ever.
My dad told me he went and picked up the ice for the icebox, rather than have it delivered for the one cent delivery charge, and his parents let him spend his penny on candy.

People today are so damn spoiled!

I raised a kid as a single male with no help from the government. Even paid for daycare myself. Also lived paycheck to paycheck. So it can be done.
I didn't say it can't be done.

I said that people are less likely to have kids without support. What do you think the future of the country is like if people choose not to have kids because it's so expensive?

Helping people into work benefits everyone in the long run. Its inspiring
A couple earning $130,000 don’t need, nor are they entitled to, OTHER people subsidizing their child care costs down to $10 a day.

Especially when those other people are singles or retirees trying to get by on $40,000 a year.

There isnt a more simple form of economics out there.
Help with childcare sosts
Leads to parents being able to go to work.
Which makes people better off
Which reduces their need for welfare
Which keeps taxes down

Whats not to like about this ?

Subsidized child care IS a welfare program, this doesn't keep people "off" of the dole, it puts them on the dole- even those with nice incomes.

And the work that the parents will be able to go to is child care work watching other children as the government pays the parents of those kids to watch other kids.

You were poorer, it seems.

In my family, we lived in a 1200 sq foot house, with one bathroom, one car, no central air conditioning of course, one single phone on a party line, one little B/W TV - and that was considered comfortably middle class! These days, libs would claim that’s “poor” and other people need to give them money.
we had 6 kids and only my mom worked after my dad broke his neck, didnt paralyze and he could walk but he needed constant care afterwards and ended up drinking to compensate,,
we did get real lucky in that we rented a 4 bedroom house and the owner died a few months, and about 3 yrs later of not paying rent his kid came by and asked if we wanted to buy the house for 500 dollars, my dad agreed and they went ahead and signed the house over and from what my mom says he never made a payment,,
that was in the late 60's

6 kids 2 parents and one bathroom was more fun than anyone should have

Helping people into work benefits everyone in the long run. Its inspiring
no it doesnt,, all it does is demoralizes the recipient and angers the person the money was stolen from,,

I do understand how a surf like you could think that but here in the great ole USA we strive for independence and doing for ourselves,,

The people being forced to pay for it are not better off.

Parents can both go to work as soon as the younger of their two kids is in school. Until then, they can rent an apartment and the children can share a bedroom. Why should OTHER people fund their living expenses?
Does having kids benefit the country?

As one of only a few posters at USMB with a young son at home, I know how hard it can be to find affordable child care you can rely on. That's why I'm calling on everyone, politicians and citizens alike, to join Pocahontas in her FIGHT to give America's working families a helping hand.

Don't tell me, let me guess. Rich people are supposed to pay for it.

As one of only a few posters at USMB with a young son at home, I know how hard it can be to find affordable child care you can rely on. That's why I'm calling on everyone, politicians and citizens alike, to join Pocahontas in her FIGHT to give America's working families a helping hand.

$10 a day to watch a child?
What's your child worth to you?
You get what you pay for.

Forum List

Back