Senator Orrin Hatch proves Republicans are heartless while talking about children's health care

Why do they a credit when they don't pay taxes at all?

Do we want the poor to remain poor? Do we want to gift campaign ads to Democrats?

Those people already vote DEMOCRAT anyway! Who is it that you think we are losing?

I know plenty of poor conservatives who voted for Trump.

If they are conservatives, they should know why they should not get a refund for taxes they did not pay.

But its okay for the teachers union to confiscate my money to pay to educate other people's kids? We better agree to disagree before this discussion gets ugly.

So what system of government do you propose that would replace the democratic processes that determine how our public schools operate and how they are funded?

They will get it back. What are you talking about?
And this was a Marco Rubio and Chuck Schumer amendment. You know that, yet misrepresented it.
Why do they a credit when they don't pay taxes at all?

Do we want the poor to remain poor? Do we want to gift campaign ads to Democrats?

Those people already vote DEMOCRAT anyway! Who is it that you think we are losing?

If they are conservatives, they should know why they should not get a refund for taxes they did not pay.

But its okay for the teachers union to confiscate my money to pay to educate other people's kids? We better agree to disagree before this discussion gets ugly.

Do you understand, they will be getting a standard deduction double what they had previously? And you really aren’t worried about the poor, as you wish not to pay property taxes so their children can be educated. You really surprise me, here. Better to run for the school board and try to change things there, rather than make an idiotic tie of the child tax credit and your having to pay school taxes.

Please explain that to me! How does the teacher's union confiscate your money? You are making no sense here.

I have been FORCED to pay school taxes for decades to educate other peoples kids, money the teachers unions have extorted from me and taxpayers via strikes. You are taking a harsh social position saying poor families who don't make enough to owe any income tax should not be entitled to a child tax credit refund, I presume your position is one of fairness. Well okay then why is the teachers union entitled to 10's of thousands of dollars of MY money when I don't have any kids? Why am I forced to educate other peoples kids? They chose to have kids, I chose not to yet I'm stuck paying THEIR bills.

If you are going to take a harsh position on the child tax credit for poor families, you can't have it both ways. People should pay for their own damn kids education, I shouldn't have to pay for it. No less harsh a position than you are taking.

Here it another excerpt that changes what he said-

“[L]et me tell you something: we’re going to do CHIP. There’s no question about it in my mind. It’s got to be done the right way. But we, the reason CHIP’s having trouble is because we don’t have money anymore.”
Kind of hard for the government to have money when you're so busy giving it all to the rich.

Who pays most of the income taxes in this country? Oh, that would be the "rich".

Liberal dumb ass!
Well who owns everything? They own > 80% of the wealth of this country. They should pay 80% of the taxes.

“I have a rough time wanting to spend billions and billions and trillions of dollars to help people who won’t help themselves – won’t lift a finger – and expect the federal government to do everything.” - Heartless Hatch

vote them out. every last one of them!

This is a great statement.

There is no helping someone who won't help himself.

“[L]et me tell you something: we’re going to do CHIP. There’s no question about it in my mind. It’s got to be done the right way. But we, the reason CHIP’s having trouble is because we don’t have money anymore.”
Kind of hard for the government to have money when you're so busy giving it all to the rich.

Who pays most of the income taxes in this country? Oh, that would be the "rich".

Liberal dumb ass!
Well who owns everything? They own > 80% of the wealth of this country. They should pay 80% of the taxes.

I think you will find a difference in income versus wealth.

There are no good billionaires.

There should not BE billionaires.

No one has ever EARNED a billion dollars.

No one has the right to hoard it.

They already pay more than that-

OMB: Top 20% pay 95% of taxes, middle class 'single digits'

...When the two turned to the taxes the rich pay, Mulvaney declared, "The top 20 percent of folks who file a tax return, the top 20 percent, pay 95 percent of the taxes."

OMB later cited internal data to the Washington Examiner that said the top 20 percent of people to pay income taxes account for 94.8 percent of those taxes in 2016.

That appears to be a jump from just a few years ago. In 2015, the Wall Street Journal reported that the top 20 percent of income earners paid 84 percent of income taxes.

Mulvaney explained:

If you break the income tax universe into what we call quintiles, so equal sized 20 percent columns, the first two columns, the first quintile and the lower quintile, don't pay any taxes at all. In fact they net positive. We pay them when they file a tax return...

Liberal dumb ass!

Please explain that to me! How does the teacher's union confiscate your money? You are making no sense here.

I have been FORCED to pay school taxes for decades to educate other peoples kids, money the teachers unions have extorted from me and taxpayers via strikes. You are taking a harsh social position saying poor families who don't make enough to owe any income tax should not be entitled to a child tax credit refund, I presume your position is one of fairness. Well okay then why is the teachers union entitled to 10's of thousands of dollars of MY money when I don't have any kids? Why am I forced to educate other peoples kids? They chose to have kids, I chose not to yet I'm stuck paying THEIR bills.

If you are going to take a harsh position on the child tax credit for poor families, you can't have it both ways. People should pay for their own damn kids education, I shouldn't have to pay for it. No less harsh a position than you are taking.

I am truly sorry that you are so ignorant that you do not realize that the teacher's unions has nothing to do with taxes assessed on you.

The teachers union goes out on strike demanding higher taxes and gets them after extorting taxpayers with their strike and they had nothing to do with taxes??? :eusa_hand:

Do you understand, they will be getting a standard deduction double what they had previously? And you really aren’t worried about the poor, as you wish not to pay property taxes so their children can be educated. You really surprise me, here. Better to run for the school board and try to change things there, rather than make an idiotic tie of the child tax credit and your having to pay school taxes.

Wrong, the other poster took a hard cold position on the child tax credit for low income families so I took a hard cold position on his profession teaching to teach him a lesson. You up to speed now?

I was thinking that the teachers unions got their money from dues paying members, not the taxpayers.

Everyone received an increase to the standard deduction, I'm questioning why the GOP excluded millions of low income families from the child tax credit increase when everyone else up to $500k in income received this credit? Are we trying to punish low income families because that's the exact opposite of what president Trump promised them during the campaign isn't it. Dem's say we don't give a crap about the poor and this gifts them a prime example. Look are we going to drink our own koolaid or not?

“I have a rough time wanting to spend billions and billions and trillions of dollars to help people who won’t help themselves – won’t lift a finger – and expect the federal government to do everything.” - Heartless Hatch

vote them out. every last one of them!
healthcare? where is that in that blurb?

I am truly sorry that you are so ignorant that you do not realize that the teacher's unions has nothing to do with taxes assessed on you.

The teachers union goes out on strike demanding higher taxes and gets them after extorting taxpayers with their strike and they had nothing to do with taxes??? :eusa_hand:

You never drove by a school, seeing the kids in the playground, and said to yourself "hmm, my paying taxes helps these kids, helps this nation because they're future workers and taxpayers"?

Everyone received an increase to the standard deduction, I'm questioning why the GOP excluded millions of low income families from the child tax credit increase when everyone else up to $500k in income received this credit? Are we trying to punish low income families because that's the exact opposite of what president Trump promised them during the campaign isn't it. Dem's say we don't give a crap about the poor and this gifts them a prime example. Look are we going to drink our own koolaid or not?
huh? when did the poor file income tax?

I was thinking that the teachers unions got their money from dues paying members, not the taxpayers.
see how naive you are? Ever hear of contracts?

Everyone benefits from an educated populace. Your point is meaningless babbling you have heard from parents with kids in private schools and homeschoolers.

I have no children in public schools either, but two of my grandchildren live in my home and I pay taxes for them to go to school. Do I pay the whole cost? Of course not! Very few people have that kind of money. My other grandchild attends school in another state and I do not pay taxes for her at all.

Kids today, yesterday and in the future attend schools paid for by all taxpayers mostly through property that they own or rent. If you have a problem with that, you need to take it up with your elected officials. You don't get to blame teachers and their union for something that every other government worker does also.

I stand by my claim that unless you pay taxes, why should you get anything not earned? I see people getting income tax refunds that exceed the amount of income taxes that my wife and I pay. I worked for my money to go to the federal government. I did not pay taxes so it could be turned right around and given to a high school dropout who just dropped their 3rd kid at the age of 19.

I took you by the hand and walked you right into the double standard hypocrisy buzz saw. I should pay teachers salaries, benefits, and pensions to educate other peoples kids when I have no kids that's okay because society as a whole benefits. But giving poor working families the increase in the child tax credit to help them raise and educate their kids that's not worthy? You get the credit is for kids right? Is that not also benefiting society as a whole? Holy hypocrisy bat man.

Forum List

Back