Sending A Message To Isis...

Derideo_Te

Je Suis Charlie
Mar 2, 2013
Saudi Prince Joins ISIS Bombing Run - The Daily Beast

Saudi Prince Joins ISIS Bombing Run
The prince was pictured in the cockpit of his Tornado jet, after piloting it in strikes against ISIS, in photos which were released by the Saudi government.
Should there be any doubts about the commitment of Saudi Arabia in the current U.S.-led attacks on ISIS, these photographs are clearly designed to lay them to rest.

They show Prince Khaled bin Salman, a very senior Saudi prince (he is the son of the heir to the Saudi Arabian throne) in a Top Gun pose, having apparently just arrived back from taking part in a U.S.-led bombing run on the strongholds of ISIS militants in Iraq.

But it gets even better because there were 5 Arab states participating in the attack on ISIS

The prince was said to have piloted one of four Saudi planes as, for a second night, jets from Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Bahrain, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates joined American aircraft on bombing runs over Syria.

Best of all is the fact that one of the pilots attacking ISIS was a woman!

He was joined in the skies by the United Arab Emirate's first female air force pilot, Major Mariam Al Mansouri, 35, whose F-16 fighter was one of several from a group of Arab nations that are blitzing ISIS, according to The Times.

Got to give credit it where it is due here. Bringing together a coalition of not only Arab states but having them joining in the fighting against ISIS is a significant step in the right direction.

Having both a Saudi crown prince and a woman actively leading the charge against ISIS will send a powerful message throughout the Middle East.

:salute: to all of those who participated and to those who helped to make this a reality.

There is hope for a better world when we see this kind of cooperation against the forces of evil.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
I've got news for you, Derideo. ISIS has recruited plenty of women to fight for its cause. Strange, though, how this coalition was only formed after Western aggressors began leaning on them to act. One might be forgiven for thinking that there may have been some reluctance to act without a cue from Washington and London. I'd even go so far as to say that ISIS enjoys some support from influential people within this Arab alliance.

The arab states that attacked ISIL are all U.S. client states with American backed dictator governments.

And attacking ISIL is very unpopular with their citizens. .... :cool:

I've got news for you, Derideo. ISIS has recruited plenty of women to fight for its cause. Strange, though, how this coalition was only formed after Western aggressors began leaning on them to act. One might be forgiven for thinking that there may have been some reluctance to act without a cue from Washington and London. I'd even go so far as to say that ISIS enjoys some support from influential people within this Arab alliance.

ISIS has recruited plenty of women to fight for its cause.

:link:

Only asking because I can't find anything to support that allegation. Where did you get that from?

From where I'm sitting ISIS appears to have assumed a Robin Hood identity in the Middle East. Loathed by the ruling families as they pose a threat to their income but supported and admired by the common people. Personally speaking, I find the whole thing fascinating, considering how much land they've occupied in the name of their cause. They've proven that the ballot box is meaningless in that part of the world and that violence is the only respected currency.

We're only there for oil and to install regimes that are friendly towards capitalism. The common people, via their support for ISIS, are making it abundantly clear that they don't want Britain and America influencing their culture, society or affairs.

The arab states that attacked ISIL are all U.S. client states with American backed dictator governments.

And attacking ISIL is very unpopular with their citizens. .... :cool:

Absolutely agree that Saudi attacking ISIS is going to be unpopular amongst the Wahabbist faction, some of whom are very wealthy such as the Bin Laden family.

Which is why this is all the more remarkable as a coalition. To have found 5 Arab states willing to openly defy the Wahabbists means that this is either going to be a showdown or a rout.

But from the point of view of those in the Middle East who no longer want to be held hostage to the extremists this is a golden opportunity to take them down with the backing of the West.

Going to be fascinating to see how this eventually shakes out.

Having both a Saudi crown prince and a woman actively leading the charge against ISIS will send a powerful message throughout the Middle East.
You really don't have a clue.

The Saudi government is extremely unpopular in the muslim world.

And the average muslim views them as corrupt sellouts to the West. ...... :cool:

I have to admit, that seeing Arab Countries attacking is something very new. Even though I see it as token in the overall situation. We can only hope that these countries will make a stand against those like ISIS for the betterment of the region. The results and blow back from these actions are yet to be seen.

If these countries are hit via ISIS through terror attacks we will then see the true resolve of these countries.

In the mean time I agree that this COULD be a turning point. Hopefully so.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
The arab countries that attacked ISIL are brutal dictator governments which are very unpopular with their citizens.

Their cooperation with the western nations maybe the tipping point leading to the citizens overthrowing their governments. ..... :cool:

And the average muslim views them as corrupt sellouts to the West. ...... :cool:

I am well aware that the House of Saud came to power from the Wahabbist sect and how they "sold out" their violent brethren in favor of becoming a civilized nation instead.

The tension simmering between them has been ratcheting up ever since GW1. What we have today is an unspoken "declaration of war" between the House of Saud and the Wahabbists. (Not that they weren't already.)

There will probably be an attempt at a civil war in Saudi Arabia (been on the cards for a couple of years now) and I suspect that Saudi regime has been gathering intelligence and will stomp it out very quickly.

BTW this doesn't mean that I agree with the Saudi regime either. They are no different than any of the others in my opinion but they are better than the Wahabbist alternative.

Any wealthy Arabs, or persons from any other nation, giving ISIS support, should be quietly terminated by whomever's Intel agency has the opertunity. Any tanker carrying oil that ISIS sells, should be sunk, irregardless of crew or flag. Pipelines from fields they control should be blown up. And any gathering at all of their military should be attacked without mercy. This barbaric scum must be wiped from the face of the Earth.

I am well aware that the House of Saud came to power from the Wahabbist sect and how they "sold out" their violent brethren in favor of becoming a civilized nation instead.

The tension simmering between them has been ratcheting up ever since GW1. What we have today is an unspoken "declaration of war" between the House of Saud and the Wahabbists. (Not that they weren't already.)

There will probably be an attempt at a civil war in Saudi Arabia (been on the cards for a couple of years now) and I suspect that Saudi regime has been gathering intelligence and will stomp it out very quickly.

BTW this doesn't mean that I agree with the Saudi regime either. They are no different than any of the others in my opinion but they are better than the Wahabbist alternative.
The Saudi government is a corrupt family run "Business" which takes the lion's share of the oil revenues and rules the country with an iron fist.

The average Saudi citizen despises them and would overthrow the government if given a chance.

People like you Derideo Te are pure hypocrites.

You talk about spreading democracy, yet support brutal dictator governments because you fear the people being free to chart their own political destiny. ..... :cool:

Saudi Arabia IS a Wahabbist government. Even to the point where religious police patrol the streets with the power to administer punishment immediately with batons they carry for the purpose. It's the demand of the people. Saudi Arabia would be far more western if the people permitted it.

The Saudi government is a corrupt family run "Business" which takes the lion's share of the oil revenues and rules the country with an iron fist.

The average Saudi citizen despises them and would overthrow the government if given a chance.

You talk about spreading democracy, yet support brutal dictator governments because you fear the people being free to chart their own political destiny. ..... :cool:

:lol:

When have I ever posted about "spreading democracy" in the ME? I am not that naive.

The Arab Spring was a rebellion against brutal regimes. It is still in progress in Syria and I suspect that it was squashed in Saudi Arabia before it had a chance to foment. The leaders were probably arrested and are still behind bars without the benefit of a trial.

I am under no illusions at all about how the ME is run and the influence of the West in keeping it in check.

But I am also under no illusion that ISIS are "freedom fighters" either. If anything they are just another brutal dictatorship wannabe.

So let's not kid ourselves here. Turkey is the closest thing to a "democracy" in the ME and even then they treat their minorities like dirt.

The Saudi's are fighting ISIS because it is in their own interests to do so in order to retain power. Overthrowing that regime is going to harder than Iran in my opinion.

ISIS Keeps their women in the kitchen making lamb kababs and shawarma, not on the battlefield.

:lol:

When have I ever posted about "spreading democracy" in the ME? I am not that naive.

The Arab Spring was a rebellion against brutal regimes. It is still in progress in Syria and I suspect that it was squashed in Saudi Arabia before it had a chance to foment. The leaders were probably arrested and are still behind bars without the benefit of a trial.

I am under no illusions at all about how the ME is run and the influence of the West in keeping it in check.

But I am also under no illusion that ISIS are "freedom fighters" either. If anything they are just another brutal dictatorship wannabe.

So let's not kid ourselves here. Turkey is the closest thing to a "democracy" in the ME and even then they treat their minorities like dirt.

The Saudi's are fighting ISIS because it is in their own interests to do so in order to retain power. Overthrowing that regime is going to harder than Iran in my opinion.
Sorry, my mistake. .... :cool:

A lot of the poster's here were overjoyed when the Egyptian military overthrew the newly democratically elected Muslim Brotherhood government.

They love to talk about spreading Democracy in the Middle East.

But it must meet western secular standards to be considered legitimate in their eyes.

ISIS Keeps their women in the kitchen making lamb kababs and shawarma, not on the battlefield.

I'm sure some are. However, latest reports have revealed that they deploy their female recruits as medical orderlies, recruiters in captured territory and in some cases they fight on the front line. They also provide day care for the children of ISIS fighters/support personnel.

Meet the Women, Children and Britons of ISIS - International Business Times

I'm sure some are. However, latest reports have revealed that they deploy their female recruits as medical orderlies, recruiters in captured territory and in some cases they fight on the front line. They also provide day care for the children of ISIS fighters/support personnel.

Meet the Women, Children and Britons of ISIS - International Business Times

ISIS Provides daycare? is it free or do they have to pay like we do Stateside?

Forum List

Back