Senior GOP Official: 'Voters Don't Pick Nominee, We Do'...

To answer that is to look at Donald Trump past words, actions, and also reflect on what he has said in recent years, months and days...

Does Trump scare the Establishment?

Yes, and rightfully so...

The reality is Trump is winning in Primary and Caucuses but is doing poorly among minorities in polls and in Minority-Majority states like New Mexico, California and Texas this could be a major issue come November.

The Establishment want to keep the House and Senate and they fear if Trump is nominated they will for sure lose the Senate and could lose the House while giving Hillary the White House still.

So the question then come down to do you back a possible losing horse and risk losing the House and Senate or do you ditch Trump ( if he does not obtain the amount of delegates needed ) for someone like Kasich and pray Kasich will help keep the House and Senate while still losing the White House to Clinton?

My answer is even more simple, and that is if Trump has a clear lead in delegates but is just a few shy of the nomination then still back him and force Trump to take Kasich as his running mate so that the establishment can try to hold onto the Senate and appease the moderate voter within the party that is establishment.

If they feel Trump is going to lose and is too much of a headache but feel booting him would cost the Senate and House they can still nominate him and back Johnson like I have written.

Johnson will be on the Libertarian ticket and I had figured his run on that ticket was for the establishment in case Trump or Cruz garner the nomination, so that the establishment can quietly back a Republican that is not Trump nor Cruz.

That is my answer...

Throwing the Election is no answer. That would be treasonous. There is no way they're gonna just pop a new Candidate in there and have a chance of winning the Election. It's suicidal. So why are they so willing to commit suicide?

I wrote it out for you and the answer is simple and the reason is Donald Trump past words and action along with his radical words of today has made it clear the GOP Establishment does not want him because he is not one of them...

Now you might support the man ( Trump ) but the reality is if you have read, followed and studied the man you would not be so happy to want to vote him in.

Also let me add that if Trump does become President, then you do realize he has to deal with either Pelosi or Ryan in the House and McConnell or the Democratic Senate Majority leader, and if you believe the House have been Toxic against President Obama, well you have not seen anything if either Clinton or Trump get elected...

So yeah, I can understand why the GOP might commit political suicide to purge the political party of the Trump supporters and Tea Party caucus...

"Radical Words??" WHAT?? Oh man, what the hell happened to the Republican Party? Rotten to the core. Shameful traitors.

Whatever man, and I mean whatever...

I don't really care if Trump get the nomination because I am voting for Johnson, but you better pray that I am one of the quirky voters because Johnson garner 1.2 million votes in 2012, and with the mood of this election cycle it could get larger, but no way he would ever win...

Whining about 'Radical Words', yet you're gonna vote Libertarian? I bet you claim you support the Constitution too. My God, what a mess. :cuckoo:

You claim to be a Republican and you support Trump, and you call me insane?

No, the reality is Trump can say whatever he want and i have the right to claim his words are radical to me, and I do not support his stupidity because the reality is he is just selling you piss water while claiming it is a miracle cure.

The reality is Trump will be facing a hostile House with Ryan as the majority leader and if McConnell happen to keep the Senate Majority Leader job then Trump will have another foe in the Senate.

So let admit the reality and Trump is not even a True Conservative. Hell he is not even a Reagan Conservative. The reality is Trump is whatever he need to be to get those like you to vote for him, and once it is done he will show his true Liberal self that once supported abortion, and many other things in the past.

You're tire of the establishment then vote third party and it does not have to be Libertarian either.

Also because I am voting for Johnson on the Libertarian ticket has nothing to do with the Libertarian party but with him instead. Johnson was the Governor of New Mexico and is still a Republican by all means.

Also he is more of a Conservative than Trump, so yeah I will be voting for him...

Throwing the Election is no answer. That would be treasonous. There is no way they're gonna just pop a new Candidate in there and have a chance of winning the Election. It's suicidal. So why are they so willing to commit suicide?

I wrote it out for you and the answer is simple and the reason is Donald Trump past words and action along with his radical words of today has made it clear the GOP Establishment does not want him because he is not one of them...

Now you might support the man ( Trump ) but the reality is if you have read, followed and studied the man you would not be so happy to want to vote him in.

Also let me add that if Trump does become President, then you do realize he has to deal with either Pelosi or Ryan in the House and McConnell or the Democratic Senate Majority leader, and if you believe the House have been Toxic against President Obama, well you have not seen anything if either Clinton or Trump get elected...

So yeah, I can understand why the GOP might commit political suicide to purge the political party of the Trump supporters and Tea Party caucus...

"Radical Words??" WHAT?? Oh man, what the hell happened to the Republican Party? Rotten to the core. Shameful traitors.

I don't really care if Trump get the nomination because I am voting for Johnson, but you better pray that I am one of the quirky voters because Johnson garner 1.2 million votes in 2012, and with the mood of this election cycle it could get larger, but no way he would ever win...

Whining about 'Radical Words', yet you're gonna vote Libertarian? I bet you claim you support the Constitution too. My God, what a mess. :cuckoo:

No, the reality is Trump can say whatever he want and i have the right to claim his words are radical to me, and I do not support his stupidity because the reality is he is just selling you piss water while claiming it is a miracle cure.

The reality is Trump will be facing a hostile House with Ryan as the majority leader and if McConnell happen to keep the Senate Majority Leader job then Trump will have another foe in the Senate.

So let admit the reality and Trump is not even a True Conservative. Hell he is not even a Reagan Conservative. The reality is Trump is whatever he need to be to get those like you to vote for him, and once it is done he will show his true Liberal self that once supported abortion, and many other things in the past.

You're tire of the establishment then vote third party and it does not have to be Libertarian either.

Also because I am voting for Johnson on the Libertarian ticket has nothing to do with the Libertarian party but with him instead. Johnson was the Governor of New Mexico and is still a Republican by all means.

Also he is more of a Conservative than Trump, so yeah I will be voting for him...
I will vote Johnson it the alternative is Trump.

I would vote Donald Duck if the alternative is Trump.

Hell Daffy is probably upset that someone is more daft in the head than him, and yes I am writing Donald Trump is daft in the head to me!

You'll be voting for someone who can't possibly win. If that makes you happy, than so be it i guess. But seriously, you whine about 'Radical Words', but then call yourself a Libertarian? I don't think Johnson could approve of your beliefs. Our Founding Fathers often expressed 'Radical Words.'

But regardless, Trump represents something different. I'm completely over the career hack Politicians. He's talking about caring about Americans again. He wants to move us away from the Globalist agenda that's brought us so many terrible Trade Deals and debacles like the recent Iran Deal. I'm with him on that. But hey, that's just how i feel.

Boy, doesn't that sum up our corrupt Two-Party Ruling-Class Elite System?

Political parties, not voters, choose their presidential nominees, a Republican convention rules member told CNBC, a day after GOP front-runner Donald Trump rolled up more big primary victories.

"The media has created the perception that the voters choose the nomination. That's the conflict here," Curly Haugland, an unbound GOP delegate from North Dakota, told CNBC's "Squawk Box" on Wednesday. He even questioned why primaries and caucuses are held.

Haugland is one of 112 Republican delegates who are not required to cast their support for any one candidate because their states and territories don't hold primaries or caucuses.

Even with Trump's huge projected delegate haul in four state primaries Tuesday, the odds are increasing the billionaire businessman may not ultimately get the 1,237 delegates needed to claim the GOP nomination before the convention.

More:
Voters don't pick nominee, we do: GOP official
DRUDGE REPORT 2016®

If he get the needed amount of Delegates to nominate him then he should be the nominee but if he is one shy then he did not sway the Primary and Caucus voter to give him the nomination and will be tossed to the floor and a brokered Convention will happen which mean Kasich will most likely be the nominee...

So his ( Trump ) supporters need to make sure he get the delegates needed, and if the GOP still deny him the nomination then his supporters have a true complaint but as I have written if he fails to win a majority of the delegates then he does not deserve the nomination no matter if he is one delegate from the nomination.

Looks like the old hack Establishment Elites have decided to thwart a Trump nomination. And they have the power to make that happen. I'll let you think about how. Keep in mind, their henchmen will be roaming polling places all over the country.

Again, it is his supporters job to get him nominated, and if his supporters can not get the amount of delegates for him to win it, well then no one to blame but his supporters...

You can try to blame the establishment but in the end they can only do so much to stop him without looking petty and cheaters ( like Cruz )...

Now what is interesting is Cruz wanting Kasich to drop out of the race, and it make me wonder does Cruz understand that Kasich and Rubio supporters would never vote for him and they will either stay home or vote Trump in a Primary?

So Cruz need Kasich to stay in to help him throw this race to the floor because if Kasich would drop from the race then I will say it now Trump win the rest of the way and make it hard for the establishment to argue against his nomination.

Why are the old guard Elites so willing to slit their own throat? Any Convenetion shenanigns will result in a Landslide victory for the Democrats. There is no way they're gonna force another Candidate in there and then defeat the Democrats.

It would be impossible to win the Election under those circumstances. So what's going on? Why all the panic? Trump must really be spooking the hell out of the powers-that-be. They seem so willing to throw the Election.

Because they don't live in the real world. They live in their own world, where they always have been able to do whatever they want and get away with it. So, they think they will get away with it again, because they always do. Just like Hillary. They will keep doing it until they don't get away with it.

Political parties, not voters, choose their presidential nominees, a Republican convention rules member told CNBC, a day after GOP front-runner Donald Trump rolled up more big primary victories.

"The media has created the perception that the voters choose the nomination. That's the conflict here," Curly Haugland, an unbound GOP delegate from North Dakota, told CNBC's "Squawk Box" on Wednesday. He even questioned why primaries and caucuses are held.

Haugland is one of 112 Republican delegates who are not required to cast their support for any one candidate because their states and territories don't hold primaries or caucuses.

Even with Trump's huge projected delegate haul in four state primaries Tuesday, the odds are increasing the billionaire businessman may not ultimately get the 1,237 delegates needed to claim the GOP nomination before the convention.

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2016®

If he get the needed amount of Delegates to nominate him then he should be the nominee but if he is one shy then he did not sway the Primary and Caucus voter to give him the nomination and will be tossed to the floor and a brokered Convention will happen which mean Kasich will most likely be the nominee...

So his ( Trump ) supporters need to make sure he get the delegates needed, and if the GOP still deny him the nomination then his supporters have a true complaint but as I have written if he fails to win a majority of the delegates then he does not deserve the nomination no matter if he is one delegate from the nomination.

Looks like the old hack Establishment Elites have decided to thwart a Trump nomination. And they have the power to make that happen. I'll let you think about how. Keep in mind, their henchmen will be roaming polling places all over the country.

Again, it is his supporters job to get him nominated, and if his supporters can not get the amount of delegates for him to win it, well then no one to blame but his supporters...

You can try to blame the establishment but in the end they can only do so much to stop him without looking petty and cheaters ( like Cruz )...

Now what is interesting is Cruz wanting Kasich to drop out of the race, and it make me wonder does Cruz understand that Kasich and Rubio supporters would never vote for him and they will either stay home or vote Trump in a Primary?

So Cruz need Kasich to stay in to help him throw this race to the floor because if Kasich would drop from the race then I will say it now Trump win the rest of the way and make it hard for the establishment to argue against his nomination.

Why are the old guard Elites so willing to slit their own throat? Any Convenetion shenanigns will result in a Landslide victory for the Democrats. There is no way they're gonna force another Candidate in there and then defeat the Democrats.

It would be impossible to win the Election under those circumstances. So what's going on? Why all the panic? Trump must really be spooking the hell out of the powers-that-be. They seem so willing to throw the Election.

Because they don't live in the real world. They live in their own world, where they always have been able to do whatever they want and get away with it. So, they think they will get away with it again, because they always do. Just like Hillary. They will keep doing it until they don't get away with it.

Yeah, they seem very willing to throw the Election. I guess they feel they'll still be members of the Ruling Class Elite private club. So it doesn't matter whether they control the White House or not. They'll still be in the oasis. It's such corrupt treason.

You'll be voting for someone who can't possibly win. If that makes you happy, than so be it i guess. But seriously, you whine about 'Radical Words', but then call yourself a Libertarian? I don't think Johnson could approve of your beliefs. Our Founding Fathers often expressed 'Radical Words.'

But regardless, Trump represents something different. I'm completely over the career hack Politicians. He's talking about caring about Americans again. He wants to move us away from the Globalist agenda that's brought us so many terrible Trade Deals and debacles like the recent Iran Deal. I'm with him on that. But hey, that's just how i feel.

Our founding Fathers would have given us back to England if they knew what we would become, so let not kid ourselves Trump is anything like them at all!

Also Trump profits from the Globalism and let not forget that either!

Finally, Ronald Reagan brought unity when there was a splinter within the rank of the GOP, and Donald Trump has done more to divide the ranks with his words and not unite us.

As for Johnson not winning, what part of that I know this already do you and other Trump supporters not understand?

I am very aware of Johnson not winning but if my vote is not going for Trump and I refuse to vote for Clinton, then I will vote for someone that fit into what I want as a President and Johnson is the best choice.

The founding fathers would be happier with that than for me supporting the GOP or the Democratic Party choice because they fought to give me that basic right of choice.

Also let remember the voter has say on the state level on who they will vote for but the Electoral College has the final say over the person that will become President, and if I am correct and Trump will lose Illinois, and California, and might not even carry Ohio then you can see the writing on the wall, and Trump loses the Electoral College.

Now ask me again why the GOP is afraid of a Trump nomination and how it relates to the Electoral College and Minority-Majority States...

Our founding Fathers would have given us back to England if they knew what we would become, so let not kid ourselves Trump is anything like them at all!

Finally, Ronald Reagan brought unity when there was a splinter within the rank of the GOP, and Donald Trump has done more to divide the ranks with his words and not unite us.

As for Johnson not winning, what part of that I know this already do you and other Trump supporters not understand?

I am very aware of Johnson not winning but if my vote is not going for Trump and I refuse to vote for Clinton, then I will vote for someone that fit into what I want as a President and Johnson is the best choice.

The founding fathers would be happier with that than for me supporting the GOP or the Democratic Party choice because they fought to give me that basic right of choice.

Also let remember the voter has say on the state level on who they will vote for but the Electoral College has the final say over the person that will become President, and if I am correct and Trump will lose Illinois, and California, and might not even carry Ohio then you can see the writing on the wall, and Trump loses the Electoral College.

Now ask me again why the GOP is afraid of a Trump nomination and how it relates to the Electoral College and Minority-Majority States...

Johnson would be very disappointed in you. You're not standing up for freedom and the Constitution. You're very confused and a bit disingenuous.

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2016®

So all the people who say Democracy....hello?

How arrogant and disrespectful both American parties are to the people. You have GOP saying this, you have the Democrats, where even if Bernie won 80% of States, Hillary could take it off him with her Super-Delegates.

From outside looking in, I think America needs a solid Third Party, of Independents and a mixture from the other two parties of Centrists etc....it's obvious that most Americans are not happy with the Uni-Party and want a Third Party, but one that can win.

I think if you had a solid Third Party, that ticket could actually win.

Johnson would be very disappointed in you. You're not standing up for freedom and the Constitution. You're very confused and a bit disingenuous.

What?

Are you saying I am not allow to call the words of Trump radical?

Now I can see if I am calling for him to be silence to be wrong, but just writing that I feel his words are radical is not unconstitutional, nor am I denying him the right to speak.

Only a simple minded fool would attempt to make that ignorant argument, and let be factual Trump and his supporters are against free speech unless it is them freely speaking.

So please stop with the nonsense because you and most of the Trump supporters hate free speech and that is why you are upset at my usage of the word radical.

Learn what a opinion is and no I am not calling for your candidate to be silent, but I am sure you would be happier if everyone against Trump would be forced to be silent and never allow to speak against him!

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2016®
I saw that on Drudge as well. I got Hauglands e mail and telephone number. Naturally, there was no answer but I did send an email, Members like him are determined to ruin a once great party.

What?

Now I can see if I am calling for him to be silence to be wrong, but just writing that I feel his words are radical is not unconstitutional, nor am I denying him the right to speak.

Only a simple minded fool would attempt to make that ignorant argument, and let be factual Trump and his supporters are against free speech unless it is them freely speaking.

So please stop with the nonsense because you and most of the Trump supporters hate free speech and that is why you are upset at my usage of the word radical.

Learn what a opinion is and no I am not calling for your candidate to be silent, but I am sure you would be happier if everyone against Trump would be forced to be silent and never allow to speak against him!
That's not true. Everyone should have a voice but their actions should not thwart the free speech of others.

CNmJuPnWwAED4vw.jpg

What?

He's the Anti-Globalist/Career Politician Candidate. That's good enough for me. And you know, our Founding Fathers and folks like Johnson and Ron Paul, have been called 'Radicals' too. 'Radical Speech' is as American as it gets.

What?

That's not true. Everyone should have a voice but their actions should not thwart the free speech of others.

Where have I wrote he should not be allow to speak freely?

It is his supporters that have the issue of me saying what he has said in the past is radical to me, and I have that right to say, or write it.

If you believe I do not then I will tell you right here and now it is not your right to tell me what I can say or write about another person.

I will never deny a person their right to speak their mind but again it seem Trump supporters have a issue with free speech when it come to the other side, and prefer their ( the other side ) right to free speech to be denied...

Maybe this country is becoming the Fourth Reich?

( Notice the question mark )

Let's nominate a guy who threatens violence if he doesn't get picked.
The point is that the people should elect a nominee, not the establishment. I'm not talking about particular people, I am talking about a democratic PROCESS.

And if Trump fails to gain a majority of delegates, the delegates will continue to vote until someone does gain a majority. Why do you oppose someone besides Trump gaining a majority?

What?

Where have I wrote he should not be allow to speak freely?

It is his supporters that have the issue of me saying what he has said in the past is radical to me, and I have that right to say, or write it.

If you believe I do not then I will tell you right here and now it is not your right to tell me what I can say or write about another person.

I will never deny a person their right to speak their mind but again it seem Trump supporters have a issue with free speech when it come to the other side, and prefer their ( the other side ) right to free speech to be denied...

Maybe this country is becoming the Fourth Reich?

( Notice the question mark )

How is Trump denying you your right to free speech? How has any Trump supporter denied you your right to free speech? I'll wait for you to elaborate on that.

Let's nominate a guy who threatens violence if he doesn't get picked.
The point is that the people should elect a nominee, not the establishment. I'm not talking about particular people, I am talking about a democratic PROCESS.

And if Trump fails to gain a majority of delegates, the delegates will continue to vote until someone does gain a majority. Why do you oppose someone besides Trump gaining a majority?
The words of Curly Haugland did not bother you? "The people do not elect a nominee, the party does..." Why do we have primaries? Good question!"

Forum List

Back