Sequestration: Blame goes to GOP

Obviously I'm a better fact checker than Boob Woodward and politifact combined, and I posted the text edited out when the dishonestly edited video was first posted and before you posted the text that confirmed that the text I posted was edited out of the video.
Try again.

No what you are is a liar.
No you didn't post the text of the speech you posted bit's and pieces of the speech.
I posted the video and the text in whole.
Try again.
You will never admit the truth.
Thank you.
I admit you're a liar
Once again the text of the speech

STATEMENT BY THE PRESIDENT ON THE SUPERCOMMITTEE

James S. Brady Press Briefing Room

5:44 P.M. EST

THE PRESIDENT: Good afternoon. As you all know, last summer I signed a law that will cut nearly $1 trillion of spending over the next 10 years. Part of that law also required Congress to reduce the deficit by an additional $1.2 trillion by the end of this year.

In September, I sent them a detailed plan that would have gone above and beyond that goal. It's a plan that would reduce the deficit by an additional $3 trillion, by cutting spending, slowing the growth of Medicare and Medicaid, and asking the wealthiest Americans to pay their fair share.

In addition to my plan, there were a number of other bipartisan plans for them to consider from both Democrats and Republicans, all of which promoted a balanced approach. This kind of balanced approach to reducing our deficit -- an approach where everybody gives a little bit, and everyone does their fair share -- is supported by an overwhelming majority of Americans -- Democrats, independents, and Republicans. It’s supported by experts and economists from all across the political spectrum. And to their credit, many Democrats in Congress were willing to put politics aside and commit to reasonable adjustments that would have reduced the cost of Medicare, as long as they were part of a balanced approach.

But despite the broad agreement that exists for such an approach, there's still too many Republicans in Congress who have refused to listen to the voices of reason and compromise that are coming from outside of Washington. They continue to insist on protecting $100 billion worth of tax cuts for the wealthiest 2 percent of Americans at any cost, even if it means reducing the deficit with deep cuts to things like education and medical research. Even if it means deep cuts in Medicare.

So at this point, at least, they simply will not budge from that negotiating position. And so far, that refusal continues to be the main stumbling block that has prevented Congress from reaching an agreement to further reduce our deficit.

Now, we are not in the same situation that we were -- that we were in in August. There is no imminent threat to us defaulting on the debt that we owe. There are already $1 trillion worth of spending cuts that are locked in. And part of the law that I signed this summer stated that if Congress could not reach an agreement on the deficit, there would be another $1.2 trillion of automatic cuts in 2013 -– divided equally between domestic spending and defense spending.

One way or another, we will be trimming the deficit by a total of at least $2.2 trillion over the next 10 years. That's going to happen, one way or another. We've got $1 trillion locked in, and either Congress comes up with $1.2 trillion, which so far they've failed to do, or the sequester kicks in and these automatic spending cuts will occur that bring in an additional $1.2 trillion in deficit reduction.

Now, the question right now is whether we can reduce the deficit in a way that helps the economy grow, that operates with a scalpel, not with a hatchet, and if not, whether Congress is willing to stick to the painful deal that we made in August for the automatic cuts. Already, some in Congress are trying to undo these automatic spending cuts.

My message to them is simple: No. I will veto any effort to get rid of those automatic spending cuts to domestic and defense spending. There will be no easy off ramps on this one.

We need to keep the pressure up to compromise -- not turn off the pressure. The only way these spending cuts will not take place is if Congress gets back to work and agrees on a balanced plan to reduce the deficit by at least $1.2 trillion. That’s exactly what they need to do. That’s the job they promised to do. And they've still got a year to figure it out.

Although Congress has not come to an agreement yet, nothing prevents them from coming up with an agreement in the days ahead. They can still come together around a balanced plan. I believe Democrats are prepared to do so. My expectation is, is that there will be some Republicans who are still interested in preventing the automatic cuts from taking place. And, as I have from the beginning, I stand ready and willing to work with anybody that’s ready to engage in that effort to create a balanced plan for deficit reduction.

Now, in the meantime, we've got a lot of work left to do this year. Before Congress leaves next month, we have to work together to cut taxes for workers and small business owners all across America. If we don’t act, taxes will go up for every single American, starting next year. And I’m not about to let that happen. Middle-class Americans can’t afford to lose $1,000 next year because Congress won’t act. And I can only hope that members of Congress who've been fighting so hard to protect tax breaks for the wealthy will fight just as hard to protect tax breaks for small business owners and middle-class families.

We still need to put construction workers back on the job rebuilding our roads and our bridges. We still need to put our teachers back in the classroom educating our kids.

So when everybody gets back from Thanksgiving, it’s time to get some work done for the American people. All around the country, Americans are working hard to live within their means and meet their responsibilities. And I know they expect Washington to do the same.

Thanks.

END 5:50 P.M. EST

Obama Subcommittee Speech Transcript: No Easy Off Ramps to Cutting Deficit
And the video From CNN not fox
[ame=http://youtu.be/VxegPMvxgEA]President Obama Super Committee Statement (November 21, 2011) - YouTube[/ame]
Now dumb ass show me where it's edited?
And show me where you posted the speech?

No what you are is a liar.
No you didn't post the text of the speech you posted bit's and pieces of the speech.
I posted the video and the text in whole.
Try again.
Thank you.
I admit you're a liar

YOU posted the dishonestly edited video THREE times before I challenged you to post the part that comes immediately after YOUR dishonestly edited video ends. Then and only then did you post the unedited video.

Here is the part that comes after YOUR dishonestly edited video, followed by the link to where I challenged you to post what came after YOUR dishonestly edited video ended.

We need to keep the pressure up to compromise -- not turn off the pressure. The only way these spending cuts will not take place is if Congress gets back to work and agrees on a balanced plan to reduce the deficit by at least $1.2 trillion. That’s exactly what they need to do. That’s the job they promised to do. And they've still got a year to figure it out.

Although Congress has not come to an agreement yet, nothing prevents them from coming up with an agreement in the days ahead. They can still come together around a balanced plan. I believe Democrats are prepared to do so. My expectation is, is that there will be some Republicans who are still interested in preventing the automatic cuts from taking place. And, as I have from the beginning, I stand ready and willing to work with anybody that’s ready to engage in that effort to create a balanced plan for deficit reduction.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/6866758-post351.html

My first post here. Gotta say,very sad to see this thread is all about the blame game and no discussion on sequestration itself.

Personally, I say bring on the cuts. Despite the propaganda on how bad our lives will suck if the cuts take place, we have to start somewhere and if I am not mistaken, most of the cuts are aimed at future budgets.

My first post here. Gotta say,very sad to see this thread is all about the blame game and no discussion on sequestration itself.

Personally, I say bring on the cuts. Despite the propaganda on how bad our lives will suck if the cuts take place, we have to start somewhere and if I am not mistaken, most of the cuts are aimed at future budgets.

Here's the problem with the "cuts".

They are stupid.

I'm personally in favor of cutting defense spending. But it has to be slow and gradual.

Taking a hatchet to defense spending is going to cost ALOT of jobs..and at the exact WRONG TIME.

mrz022613dAPR20130226024519.jpg

Sequestration: Blame goes to GOP

"Obama has said he wants Congress to end tax loopholes enjoyed mainly by the wealthy to buy lawmakers enough time to pass a budget but Republicans are insisting on deeper spending cuts to reduce the $16 trillion national debt."

What is wrong with closing loopholes for the wealthy? Fair or not, it only makes it look like (or for some people it validates the argument), the GOP is shilling for the wealthy elites.

If the GOP wants cuts to programs let them name the cuts? Obama wanted taxes raise and he named the taxes he wanted raised. Why won't the GOP just be honest and open with the American people, and name the cuts they would hold America hostage for?

The latest game makes it look like they really want to force sequestration, while denying it is what they want to do. This way they get cuts without naming which ones they wanted. They are hedging bets -- betting against the American people, and betting that both parties and the President will share blame with the GOP.

This isn't governing, it's electioneering.:eusa_hand:

Dante
:cool:
dD

Here is a link to the White House regarding The President's Statement about Sequestration.
Statement by the President on the Supercommittee | The White House
You are living proof of the long term negative effects of Ritalin.

what would they do without the GOP, conservatives, libertarians and Bush as their scapegoat for everything under the sun?

Thank you.
I admit you're a liar

YOU posted the dishonestly edited video THREE times before I challenged you to post the part that comes immediately after YOUR dishonestly edited video ends. Then and only then did you post the unedited video.

Here is the part that comes after YOUR dishonestly edited video, followed by the link to where I challenged you to post what came after YOUR dishonestly edited video ended.

Dumb ass I also posted the text of the speech the video is word for word the same as the text of the speech from two different sources. Now I think you have the edited source.

Here we go again with the Bush was not president in 2007 bullshit. Bush borrowed a half a trillion dollars in 2007, but only 161 billion showed up as deficit. You gotta love government bookkeeping! Bush borrowed a full trillion in 2008.

Last edited:
I admit you're a liar

Dumb ass I also posted the text of the speech the video is word for word the same as the text of the speech from two different sources. Now I think you have the edited source.

deflection is the middle name for ed I believe.

Yep But want I don't understand is sequestration is a good thing, it's about time the government started making some cuts regardless if the cut only amount to only 3% of the normal government spending. And also why are they threatening with the public service sector? Why don't they take a cut in pay? That Cadillac healthcare? Some of the money sent too other countries?

Here we go again with the Bush was not president in 2007 bullshit. Bush borrowed a half a trillion dollars in 2007, but only 161 billion showed up as deficit. You gotta love government bookkeeping! Bush borrowed a full trillion in 2008.

I think I see where you are getting that,

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BUDGET-2011-TAB/pdf/BUDGET-2011-TAB.pdf

page 22/23.

but, obama has been the benefactor of the same number massaging, the total outlay number vs. receipts and outlays(?), has he not? When we refer to say obamas deficit for 2010, the aboce links says $ 1.5 trillion or 1.6.

even heritage does;

http://www.foundry.org/wp-content/uploads/obama_budget_deficit.jpg

but if you look at say usa today;

Obama's 2011 deficit same as 2010: $1.3 trillion

and

This year's deficit is slightly higher than fiscal year 2010, when the nation ran a $1.293 trillion deficit. Fiscal years run through Sept. 30.

Read more: Treasury announces 2011 deficit is second highest in history - The Hill's On The Money

:confused: how do they get to just under 1.3 trillion?

I think we need some real consistency in what these deficits are/were....

example- if you go here they both get the benefit of the lower numbers-

FY 2013 - $901 billion.
FY 2012 - $1.327 trillion.
FY 2011 - $1.299 trillion.
FY 2010 - $1.546 ($1.293 trillion plus $253 billion from the Obama Stimulus Act that was attached to the FY 2009 budget).

President George W. Bush: First Term = $1.267 trillion. Second Term = $2.027 trillion. Total = $3.294.

FY 2009 - $1.16 trillion. ($1.416 trillion minus $253 billion from Obama's Stimulus Act)
FY 2008 - $458 billion.
FY 2007 - $161 billion.
FY 2006 - $248 billion.
FY 2005 - $318 billion.
FY 2004 - $413 billion.
FY 2003 - $378 billion.
FY 2002 - $158 billion.

US Debt by President

Here's the problem with the "cuts".

They are stupid.

I'm personally in favor of cutting defense spending. But it has to be slow and gradual.

Taking a hatchet to defense spending is going to cost ALOT of jobs..and at the exact WRONG TIME.

thats not what you have said before dude for god sakes...........now all of sudden they must be slow and gradual:rolleyes: .....so I don't know, but less than 3% sounds pretty gradual to me.....and thats 3% of ADDITIONAL year to year above the previous years operating budget funds for any of those entities taking the 3% cut) thats pretty gradual, the transfer authority will give obama the power to move funds and address real issues for this lousy 85Bn , give us a break huh.

Thank you.
I admit you're a liar

you're additional verbiage doesn't mean a great deal, he is defending the sequester too, he says, he will veto any bill set forth to stop it, sounds pretty clear to me.....

oh, and-

JAY CARNEY: What I will concede is that we were looking and the Republicans were looking for a trigger around which to build a mechanism to get us out of default possibility and the sequester was one of the idea put forward, yes by the president's team. (Special Report, February 12, 2013)

video at link-

Jay Carney Admits Sequester Was The President's Idea | RealClearPolitics

I admit you're a liar

you're additional verbiage doesn't mean a great deal, he is defending the sequester too, he says, he will veto any bill set forth to stop it, sounds pretty clear to me.....

oh, and-

JAY CARNEY: What I will concede is that we were looking and the Republicans were looking for a trigger around which to build a mechanism to get us out of default possibility and the sequester was one of the idea put forward, yes by the president's team. (Special Report, February 12, 2013)

video at link-

Well of course it wouldn't TO YOU!!!!

But it clearly says the purpose of Boner's sequester is to put PRESSURE on Congress to come up with a balanced plan that the super-committee failed to do. The mistake he made was thinking there would be some honest brokers somewhere in the GOP! There are none!!!

Yep But want I don't understand is sequestration is a good thing, it's about time the government started making some cuts regardless if the cut only amount to only 3% of the normal government spending. And also why are they threatening with the public service sector? Why don't they take a cut in pay? That Cadillac healthcare? Some of the money sent too other countries?

both sides are guilty in not wantint to touch their own. Very disgraceful. And of course we know why this administration is picking on the public sector, because they know they have the media in their back pocket to push their tales.

oh, and-

video at link-

Well of course it wouldn't TO YOU!!!!

But it clearly says the purpose of Boner's sequester is to put PRESSURE on Congress to come up with a balanced plan that the super-committee failed to do. The mistake he made was thinking there would be some honest brokers somewhere in the GOP! There are none!!!
Your source is wrong try again.

The GOP will get the majority of the blame of something they now try to claim with not be harmful. So why all the fight about here? If the sequester will be harmless why try so hard to blame Obama and the Dems?

Did the right wingers not get the latest memo or are they all so cognitively dissonant their unhinged persona have taken over completely?

I admit you're a liar

Poor little lying Reb POS is pissed that I linked to his edited video that he posted three times. The lying POS posted the edited video twice, I then challenged him to post the unedited video, he posted the edited video a third time, and then and only then did he post the unedited video!

Your first post of the edited video

http://www.usmessageboard.com/6866238-post344.html

Your second post of the edited video

http://www.usmessageboard.com/6866739-post348.html

Your third post of the edited video

http://www.usmessageboard.com/6866761-post352.html

Forum List

Back