Seriously Contemplating Not Voting GOP

Are you seriously saying you would prefer 4 more years of Obama, to 4 Years of a Liberal Republican?

I'll say that, yeah. Mostly it doesn't matter, but if I HAD to choose between the two of them, I think I'd lean toward Obama. NOT because I think he'd be better (he'd be slightly worse), but because he'd be opposed by Republicans in congress. Romney wouldn't.

Fortunately, I don't have to waste my vote on either one of them.

So you would rather give Obama 4 more years to load the Supreme Court with liberal activists judges like Sotomayer and Kagan????

Are you out of your mind???

The next supreme to retire will be Ginsberg. Scalia is a stubborn old cuss and in relatively good health. I suspect all the conservatives would stick it out as well. Even if they don't, there's just about as much to fear from an overly conservative court as there is from an overly liberal one, so that too is a wash. Unless and until people finally learn how destructive fear-based voting is, gridlock is by far our best hope.

I'm so frustrated that Romney is going to be the nominee that I will just vote Johnson, even though that'll be good for Obama. Why let Romney take this country down and the republican party with him? Stupid liberals will only learn when they have no defense for the failures of their ideology and maybe that's what we will have to let happen. Romney is a RINO, and I am finding it difficult to even consider voting for him. Hate to sound defeatist but that's how I feel.

No disrespect to the regular folks who are supporting Romney, but can't you guys understand why some of us just plain don't trust him?

Dude......it doesn't matter what they do......they'll lie.....and they have the media to support their lies.

Best bet is to vote for Romney, get that skinny asshole out of there...and take your chances.

It doesn't matter if you don't cream your genes when he speaks. Romney's much better than the tool that's in there now.

That brings up a good point, mudwhistle. Somehow, people have gotten the idea that a President should only be required to make good speeches and look nice. As a consequence, we have people who have no intention of leading anyone anywhere running for office.

Romney is a soft-spoken man when he's not on the campaign trail, but he is one of the few politicians out there who can reunite the nation that's being split down the middle with refusal to do the administration's job of placing a viable budget suggestion to a Congress he befriends, which is also being withheld for selfish and self-aggrandizing purposes of getting rid of rival ideas to community ideology perpetration over individualism that was encouraged by the founders.

Community organization has become community agitation in the past 3 years. It's time to throw in the towel on that kind of government fail.

It has always been "Community Agitation".

It never has been so clear-cut as it is today.

Obama cannot lead by example or sow divisions. He can only do what he knows. His aim is to alienate, segregate, sow discord and controversy, cause bickering and squabbling. He can't provide leadership that brings us together. It's not in his genes.

I'll say that, yeah. Mostly it doesn't matter, but if I HAD to choose between the two of them, I think I'd lean toward Obama. NOT because I think he'd be better (he'd be slightly worse), but because he'd be opposed by Republicans in congress. Romney wouldn't.

So you would rather give Obama 4 more years to load the Supreme Court with liberal activists judges like Sotomayer and Kagan????

Are you out of your mind???

The next supreme to retire will be Ginsberg. Scalia is a stubborn old cuss and in relatively good health. I suspect all the conservatives would stick it out as well. Even if they don't, there's just about as much to fear from an overly conservative court as there is from an overly liberal one, so that too is a wash. Unless and until people finally learn how destructive fear-based voting is, gridlock is by far our best hope.

Judging by what I've seen the last 3 plus years Obama is going to find some way to stack the court in his favor.

Are you willing to take that chance?

If you are......I would say you are more than slightly unbalanced.

This is just the most obvious reason he needs to go. There are several less obvious reasons that are even more serious. But, of course, you would never believe them until it's too late to do anything about it.

I'm so frustrated that Romney is going to be the nominee that I will just vote Johnson, even though that'll be good for Obama. Why let Romney take this country down and the republican party with him? Stupid liberals will only learn when they have no defense for the failures of their ideology and maybe that's what we will have to let happen. Romney is a RINO, and I am finding it difficult to even consider voting for him. Hate to sound defeatist but that's how I feel.

No disrespect to the regular folks who are supporting Romney, but can't you guys understand why some of us just plain don't trust him?

I'll vote for Nader and we will cancel each other out.

Obama derangement symptons are going to make you all remember the days of Bill Clinton with fondness and great longing.

Is that funny or what?

I heard that Obama is secretly arming the SLA and that Patty Hurst will be the new leader of the prison camps that Obama has being built. Anyone voting against Obama in Nov will be jailed without recourse until the next election. And after they have been "treated"

Be afraid be very afraaid.

Also. Obama will be taking all the money and giving it to black people. ALL OF IT. Including yours.

Better move.

You ask how I know this stuff? I read it on a message board.

Be afraid. Be very afraid. And I know you all are. BUy a new gun, you will feel better.

Are you willing to take that chance?

If you are......I would say you are more than slightly unbalanced.

This is just the most obvious reason he needs to go. There are several less obvious reasons that are even more serious. But, of course, you would never believe them until it's too late to do anything about it.

As I've said repeatedly, we need to quit being so easily scared into voting for shitty candidates. I fail to see how resisting that urge is more 'unbalanced' than voting for one establishment stooge just because he plays the fear card better than the other establishment stooge.

I guess what it comes down to is that most of you, I guess, are convinced there are these significant difference between the majors (Obama is a Marxist! Romney is 'srsly conservative!') and I just don't buy it. I don't believe we'd see much difference at all in our national policies as a result of replacing Obama with Romney. It's far more important to me to cast a vote for real change.

Last edited:
I am supporting Romney, and you are, too, despite all the whining.

Others have checked the popularity figures for the three presidents before the election, and they know you are lying.

Such behavior does not contribute toward a Romney victory. Clean up your act.

Look Jake Snarkey......worry about your own BS.

And FYI, the time period before the election is important. Historically, since they've been recording approval ratings no president has been re-elected when his approval rate wasn't above 50% Eight Months Before The Election.

Why do you think Obama started the War On Women and started a media driven race-war now?????

He's trying to get above 50%, because he knows it's essential. It gives him some breathing room later on when the polls start to tighten. It was just over 8 months before the election when Obama started the Sandra Flucke scandal and the imaginary "War On Women". That's when he began attempting to reverse the trend which was widely reported that Obama was losing women voters in droves.

You left out Obama's class war on achievers.

Same shit people said when McCain got the Nod, and what did we get for all those Protest Votes? The Most Disastrous President in History.

Are you seriously saying you would prefer 4 more years of Obama, to 4 Years of a Liberal Republican?

If so you might as well just pack it all in and not vote anymore, because if Obama wins another term, the Party is over.

So ridiculous, especially after 8 years of bush. GOP reactionary parrots are a dime a dozen.

... and I am the Queen of Sheeba. Nice to meet you.

I'm sure you are a lot of things. Let's review what the republicans in the house have done since 2010, shall we?

So far, HOUSE republicans have introduced

44 bills on abortion

99 on religion

71 on family relationships

36 on marriage

67 on firearms/gun control

522 on tax breaks for the wealthy

445 on ‘government investigations'

2 Raping a woman is now sometimes OK…

3 Voting against equal pay.

lol, yeah, jobs jobs jobs is what they campaigned on. Independents pay more attention to what's happening and get their news from a varity of sources. Not good for republicans.

You forgot a bill TO BALANCE THE BUDGET at sometime in the future.

Yes, many of the bills by some of the GOP are social issues but guess what Moe?

WE JUST RAN THAT GUY OFF.

Get on the fiscal train and run off both the social conservatives and the left wing pass the buck to the grandkids Democrats in one stroke.
ROMNEY

Where were you when bush took us down this god awful road to incredible debt. I know, you didn't give it a second thought. Not one word from you then. After Obama took over, you were told to care about the deficit and the Constitution. republican law makers have it easy, they know their dumb downed easily manipulated flock will follow their lead without question.

I'm an independent and i am voting all incumbents out. We need a massive change in washington that will work for us, not go against us. This administration could care less about you, me or anyone other then themselves. They don't listen to our concerns. I live in fla and the only person i will still vote for is allen west.
Obama was said to be a disaster waiting to happen when he ran the first election and he has proven to be just that. No more obama......i haven't lost my sense's yet.

I'm an independent and i am voting all incumbents out. We need a massive change in washington that will work for us, not go against us. This administration could care less about you, me or anyone other then themselves. They don't listen to our concerns. I live in fla and the only person i will still vote for is allen west.
Obama was said to be a disaster waiting to happen when he ran the first election and he has proven to be just that. No more obama......i haven't lost my sense's yet.

lol...I mean really, what else can one do but laugh. Hey, would it be too much trouble to repost your, "Obama is a Muslim" post from last week?

Others have checked the popularity figures for the three presidents before the election, and they know you are lying.

Look Jake Snarkey......worry about your own BS.

And FYI, the time period before the election is important. Historically, since they've been recording approval ratings no president has been re-elected when his approval rate wasn't above 50% Eight Months Before The Election.

Why do you think Obama started the War On Women and started a media driven race-war now?????

He's trying to get above 50%, because he knows it's essential. It gives him some breathing room later on when the polls start to tighten. It was just over 8 months before the election when Obama started the Sandra Flucke scandal and the imaginary "War On Women". That's when he began attempting to reverse the trend which was widely reported that Obama was losing women voters in droves.

You left out Obama's class war on achievers.

Gad, quit being a drama queen. You are as bad as Joe. It is about beating Obama and electing Romney.

Concentrate, please. Concentrate.

Oh, we can tell, Fakey Jake. All those big "O" stickers on your Volt make it obvious...

So, did you get a literal Brown Shirt when you joined the Obama Truthiness Squad?

Ah, so you want a couple more Kagan's on the court so we can do away with that constitution once and for all.

I understand where you're coming from. A lot of people want to end liberty, just as you do.

Ah, so you want a couple more Kagan's on the court so we can do away with that constitution once and for all.

I understand where you're coming from. A lot of people want to end liberty, just as you do.

No matter how often that view is parroted, it remains irrational. I'm not voting for Obama. I'll most likely vote for the Libertarian candidate. You can claim that that's the equivalent of voting for Obama, but it's not. The Democrats could also make a similarly dubious claim: that my libertarian vote is the same as a vote for Romney. But both are false.

I suppose you're just trying to insult me, but if you really think I want to "end liberty" then you really have no idea where I'm coming from.

As long as the bulk of you keep falling for the same old puppet theater, the same old 'company men' - handpicked by the establishment to protect their interests, we're going to continue to watch our nation sold down the river. Thanks. :doubt:

No matter how often that view is parroted, it remains irrational. I'm not voting for Obama. I'll most likely vote for the Libertarian candidate.

You already said that you prefer Obama win.

You can claim that that's the equivalent of voting for Obama, but it's not.

I didn't say it was.

What I said is that it's vital that Obama be defeated. Should he appoint another couple of Kagan's to the court, individual liberty in this nation is over, done, gone.

The Democrats could also make a similarly dubious claim: that my libertarian vote is the same as a vote for Romney. But both are false.

I suppose you're just trying to insult me, but if you really think I want to "end liberty" then you really have no idea where I'm coming from.

Why would I think that an insult?

Your motives may make sense to you.

As long as the bulk of you keep falling for the same old puppet theater, the same old 'company men' - handpicked by the establishment to protect their interests, we're going to continue to watch our nation sold down the river. Thanks. :doubt:

You know, I generally agree. I haven't voted GOP in a presidential race since Reagan.

This is different, and anyone with even a hint of rational thought knows it. Obama is engaged in a fundamental transformation of the type of government we have in this nation.

Your position is something like "the roof has had a leak for years, so it completely collapsing is no different."

Forum List

Back