Sexual Harassment Video: What Does It Say About Us?

If it were my daughter, and I knew she wore clothing like that walking through a neighborhood like that, I'd tell here actions have consequences.

But then, you knew what fish you were aiming to catch when you baited the hook, right?

Meh, I don't really think there is anything wrong with how she is dressed, but for someone who claims to NOT like attention from men, you would think she would put on a looser-fitting T-shirt. :D That T-shirt was like a second skin on her. Lol. Not necessarily inappropriate because she is covered up, but still going to be "noticed."
I don't think it was so much the shirt, but like the video I posted on second page of the thread, it's those pants.

Yup, baby's got back. Plenty of junk in that trunk.

I'm clueless on those???

Greg

Ever wonder why so many black guys said something in that video? Clearly black guys like girls with well pronounced backsides.

Why would she be walking through a "hood"?? I recall a song about big butts; I considered it a bit of a send up, a novelty song. Perhaps I was wrong.

Greg

Meh, I don't really think there is anything wrong with how she is dressed, but for someone who claims to NOT like attention from men, you would think she would put on a looser-fitting T-shirt. :D That T-shirt was like a second skin on her. Lol. Not necessarily inappropriate because she is covered up, but still going to be "noticed."
I don't think it was so much the shirt, but like the video I posted on second page of the thread, it's those pants.

Yup, baby's got back. Plenty of junk in that trunk.

I'm clueless on those???

Greg

Ever wonder why so many black guys said something in that video? Clearly black guys like girls with well pronounced backsides.

Why would she be walking through a "hood"?? I recall a song about big butts; I considered it a bit of a send up, a novelty song. Perhaps I was wrong.

Greg

Perhaps.

She looked like a militant to me. Only thing missing was her liberal scarf or Muslim head dress. Whatever you want to call it.

images

Try walking down a street in Tehran dressed as a Rabbi and see all the harassment you'd get...
So, are you saying she should have worn something more conservative?
No, he is saying you should try dressing like a Rabbi and see all the harassment you'd get.

I don't have a deathwish.
I sort of wish some "brave Hollywood director" would make movie making fun of that prophet of their in the same way those "brave Hollywood people" have made movies about Jesus In insulting ways.

Well: dressing like a tart is one thing, but even so a gentleman does not notice that sort of thing...deliberately!!

Greg

She is not dressed as a tart. She is doing nothing to encourage the harassment other than walking

How would you feel if you were walking behind your daughter and she were treated that way?

Well: dressing like a tart is one thing, but even so a gentleman does not notice that sort of thing...deliberately!!

Greg

She is not dressed as a tart. She is doing nothing to encourage the harassment other than walking

How would you feel if you were walking behind your daughter and she were treated that way?

Good point.

The same poster who said he thinks this is okay behavior also said he has six daughters who know how to cause physical harm to harassers.

So, apparently its okay as long as its not your daughter, sister, wife, mother.

As to the way one is dressed, that has long been an excuse for the worst behavior, including rape: 'She was asking for it'.

Forgive me, but it seemed like almost all of the cases of harassment were fairly benign. The group that made this video is trying to claim that a woman can't walk through Manhattan without being harassed by men. Seemed to me the girl looked good and most of the comments were the product of a lack of manners, or just desperate attempts at pickups.

You judge for yourself and post any comments please.

Saw nothing that was a cause for concern except for the 2 stalkers. Guys can be lame and nothing is going to change that unless you make it against the law to speak to or compliment someone. Tip for the guys. At least establish eye contact. That way you can see if she is mildly interested before saying something dumb. If you simply wish to compliment her do so without being sexual or expecting a response.

It's more of a commentary of social economic status than anything. Most of the men are hustlers. The two guys that followed her are creepy as hell.

When I first moved to Chicago, I was followed for several blocks by a Nigerian guy with tribal marks (at night). I had never seen a Nigerian guy with tribal marks. I could hear his footsteps behind me and I knew he was trying to keep up and I flipped around and saw him under the street light and ran. I ran all the way back to my apartment- up four flights of stairs.

The catcalls are tolerable and, for me, it's just background noise. They aren't a threat. There is a level of hostility that you can hear in someone's voice that differentiates a threat from some bullshit.
There is an attitude that guys can say whatever they want with no repercussions because I am female and that transcends socioeconomic status. That is far more of a problem than some two bit hustlers on the street.

Pretty much right on the money with this post, as far as the hustlers go. They will talk to anyone as if they're your "friend." You have to know how to handle yourself when you're walking down the street in the seedier sections of the city, and probably shouldn't be alone either. I would never walk through those sections of the city by myself, day or night, doesn't matter. Lol.

The entire time that I lived in that neighborhood, there were about 5 incidents that freaked me out. One of those was from cops. I think that people forget that there are a plethora of whacknuts that are let loose on the streets and they live or roam in these neighborhoods. Those are the ones that you have to watch out for.

You realize disir that your comments about the Nigerian tribal marks and running would be construed as racist by the race baiting left wingers......don't you?

I doubt it. Chicago has a great deal of racism. It would be rather far fetched to jump on that when there are a great many issues that deserve attention.

Greg

Good point.

The same poster who said he thinks this is okay behavior also said he has six daughters who know how to cause physical harm to harassers.

So, apparently its okay as long as its not your daughter, sister, wife, mother.

As to the way one is dressed, that has long been an excuse for the worst behavior, including rape: 'She was asking for it'.

Dude, lighten up!!!!

:lame2:

It's more of a commentary on social economic status than anything. Most of the men are hustlers. The two guys that followed her are creepy as hell.

When I first moved to Chicago, I was followed for several blocks by a Nigerian guy with tribal marks (at night). I had never seen a Nigerian guy with tribal marks. I could hear his footsteps behind me and I knew he was trying to keep up and I flipped around and saw him under the street light and ran. I ran all the way back to my apartment- up four flights of stairs.

The catcalls are tolerable and, for me, it's just background noise. They aren't a threat. There is a level of hostility that you can hear in someone's voice that differentiates a threat from some bullshit.
There is an attitude that guys can say whatever they want with no repercussions because I am female and that transcends socioeconomic status. That is far more of a problem than some two bit hustlers on the street.

I agree that there are some who have that attitude but i do hope that it is not a very common one. I've worked in some very "blokey" jobs and the old "wolf whistle" was around, but inappropriate comments were not a part of that. I did hear someone yell out "show us your t**ts" but that was the exception and definitely not the rule. (That person wasn't well thought of even prior to the event). I didn't approve of it at all. But it does say a lot more about them than the target:; it says that they really are common. The wolf whistling and the comments like that are to me quite inappropriate.

Greg

In Chicago? Yep. That said, Chicago is not alone in that.

Forgive me, but it seemed like almost all of the cases of harassment were fairly benign. The group that made this video is trying to claim that a woman can't walk through Manhattan without being harassed by men. Seemed to me the girl looked good and most of the comments were the product of a lack of manners, or just desperate attempts at pickups.

Men's responses are what they're going on about. We say it's nothing and benign, but to the women it might mean a great deal. Shouldn't be whistling or lobbing sexist remarks at strangers on the street. It's inappropriate and rude. To the people who think it's benign, yes, one occasion's benign. But women who get it many times every day probably get tired of it. It's as good as an offer for cheap meaningless sex, and when it happens frequently it begins to settle in a person's mind and that's all they're good for - sex. Too much of a good thing then and precisely why you shouldn't do it.

What? Crikey!! Seriously, if someone took me saying "Hi" or "G'day" as an offer then that is very wrong indeed. Why would it be interpreted as that's all that they're good for? Methinks one is over-analysing. Sure": there are jerks "out there" but there is a lot of quite innocent friendly stuff as well. One should not paint all comments with the same brush.

Greg

If the world weren't plagued currently with a rape pandemic, if women weren't sexualized and demeaned everywhere, then a polite observation might be more acceptable. But as it stands, the world is royally fucked up when it comes to women and instead of adding to it we should attempt to do whatever women would like us to do, especially when it doesn't involve anything more than not being rude or inappropriate to them.

Women don't exist to pleasure men. If you don't compliment men on their appearence, don't do it to women.

The comments by Delta couldnt be more wrong. No one is supposed to wait until the "world blah blah" to introduce themselves. No one is supposed to wait until she is having a "good day" to be allowed the "honor" to speak to her because the world doesnt revolve around her or anyone.

Do whatever a woman likes you to do is the MOST wrong. Have you ever asked a chick where she wants to eat? They dont want to tell you they want YOU to decide and act on it. You know...be a man.

The only people who like people who think like women are inmates and dykes

I think Larry Flynt had the best definition of sexual harassment

Sexual Harassment is telling a woman that if she doesn't have sex with you she will be fired.....everything else is some poor guy trying to get laid

This seems like the pathetic attempts of a bunch of guys trying to get laid

Men's responses are what they're going on about. We say it's nothing and benign, but to the women it might mean a great deal. Shouldn't be whistling or lobbing sexist remarks at strangers on the street. It's inappropriate and rude. To the people who think it's benign, yes, one occasion's benign. But women who get it many times every day probably get tired of it. It's as good as an offer for cheap meaningless sex, and when it happens frequently it begins to settle in a person's mind and that's all they're good for - sex. Too much of a good thing then and precisely why you shouldn't do it.

What? Crikey!! Seriously, if someone took me saying "Hi" or "G'day" as an offer then that is very wrong indeed. Why would it be interpreted as that's all that they're good for? Methinks one is over-analysing. Sure": there are jerks "out there" but there is a lot of quite innocent friendly stuff as well. One should not paint all comments with the same brush.

Greg

If the world weren't plagued currently with a rape pandemic, if women weren't sexualized and demeaned everywhere, then a polite observation might be more acceptable. But as it stands, the world is royally fucked up when it comes to women and instead of adding to it we should attempt to do whatever women would like us to do, especially when it doesn't involve anything more than not being rude or inappropriate to them.

Women don't exist to pleasure men. If you don't compliment men on their appearence, don't do it to women.

The comments by Delta couldnt be more wrong. No one is supposed to wait until the "world blah blah" to introduce themselves. No one is supposed to wait until she is having a "good day" to be allowed the "honor" to speak to her because the world doesnt revolve around her or anyone.

Do whatever a woman likes you to do is the MOST wrong. Have you ever asked a chick where she wants to eat? They dont want to tell you they want YOU to decide and act on it. You know...be a man.

You must hate women.....:hmpf:

In 15 years or so she will become invisible to men and she will likely bitch about that.

Nothing wrong with the comments, for them most part. The guy following her was creepy though.

Enter the other side of the equation:

1217-Gwyneth-Paltrow.jpg

You look at them and say something and depending on their mood (and if you're attractive) they are either feel harassed, uncomfortable, honored or sexy

You dont look at them and dont say anything and they feel bad, unwanted, unattractive etc.

So listen up men. Women have the answer. Talk to them only when they feel like it and when you know you are attractive to them. Be sure to also flirt with ugly women too to be fair to them also. But not flirty where they feel uncomfortable flirty right to the level they want at that specific moment.

:rolleyes:

Greg

I love women enough to understand them

It's not just Manhattan. It's everywhere.

I stopped being able to walk down the street without being harassed in the early 70s. Since then I've experienced things from nearly being kidnapped to men walking beside me for blocks trying to pick me up.

For all of you men's information, women don't like that. It doesn't matter how anyone is dressed. You're blaming the victim for the abuse she endures. Which is wrong. Women should be able to walk down the street dressed any way she wants without being harassed by men.

No we don't like it. No it's not flattering. We just want to be able to get from point A to point B without men harassing us.

For the record, she wasn't wearing anything provocative. She was wearing pants and a top. Not a low neck top either. Just a regular top that is worn by millions of women everyday.

Stop blaming women for the horrible behavior of men. You sound like muslims who force women to wear burkas and blame the women for what men do to them.

It's not just Manhattan. It's everywhere.

I stopped being able to walk down the street without being harassed in the early 70s. Since then I've experienced things from nearly being kidnapped to men walking beside me for blocks trying to pick me up.

For all of you men's information, women don't like that. It doesn't matter how anyone is dressed. You're blaming the victim for the abuse she endures. Which is wrong. Women should be able to walk down the street dressed any way she wants without being harassed by men.

No we don't like it. No it's not flattering. We just want to be able to get from point A to point B without men harassing us.

For the record, she wasn't wearing anything provocative. She was wearing pants and a top. Not a low neck top either. Just a regular top that is worn by millions of women everyday.

Stop blaming women for the horrible behavior of men. You sound like muslims who force women to wear burkas and blame the women for what men do to them.

Well, but, well, her ass looked too good.

GD phone.

Last edited:

Greg

Women are a mystery...... repeat.... Women are a mystery.

Remember that and understand women you will.

images

Greg

Women are a mystery...... repeat.... Women are a mystery.

Remember that and understand women you will.

images
No they are not mystery. You just have to get to know some.

Forum List

Back