Sexual Harassment Video: What Does It Say About Us?

At what point does it move beyond basic rudeness to harassment?

If you make a statement.....Hey beautiful!, Looking good!, Where ya going honey? You are being rude

If after she ignores you and keeps walking, if you continue, you are harassing

Well, in order to continue, he would have to follow her, and yes, that would be harassment. I think we all agree that the one guy who actually followed her was way out of line.

I wonder who was filming this anyway, and what was that person doing?

Heres the problem: The super loose definition of "harassment" thats being used.

Once upon a time courtship rules says that a man approaches a woman. Now since feminists decide...men are not supposed to approach women anymore because....something that goes against every fiber of humanity

The thing is, women aren't walking down the street to be picked up for a relationship.

If you want to pick up a woman for a relationship go to a night club. Go to church, go to a meet up, go to a public club meeting.

There are places where women want to be picked up. Walking down the street isn't one of them.
Depends on the woman. I have met several women walking down the street. Come to think of it none of the women I have been seriously involved with were in clubs or other places one would typically meet women.

Last edited:

Once upon a time courtship rules says that a man approaches a woman. Now since feminists decide...men are not supposed to approach women anymore because....something that goes against every fiber of humanity

The thing is, women aren't walking down the street to be picked up for a relationship.

If you want to pick up a woman for a relationship go to a night club. Go to church, go to a meet up, go to a public club meeting.

There are places where women want to be picked up. Walking down the street isn't one of them.

My wife used to carry a gun in her purse while she lived in Philly. She kept her hand on it all of the time when walking. She eventually moved.

We decided that crime in San Diego was getting out of hand, so we moved.

If it gets that bad here we'll move again.

I don't see the point of living anywhere it's unsafe to live.

It's not just Manhattan. It's everywhere.

I stopped being able to walk down the street without being harassed in the early 70s. Since then I've experienced things from nearly being kidnapped to men walking beside me for blocks trying to pick me up.

For all of you men's information, women don't like that. It doesn't matter how anyone is dressed. You're blaming the victim for the abuse she endures. Which is wrong. Women should be able to walk down the street dressed any way she wants without being harassed by men.

No we don't like it. No it's not flattering. We just want to be able to get from point A to point B without men harassing us.

For the record, she wasn't wearing anything provocative. She was wearing pants and a top. Not a low neck top either. Just a regular top that is worn by millions of women everyday.

Stop blaming women for the horrible behavior of men. You sound like muslims who force women to wear burkas and blame the women for what men do to them.

Well, but, well, her ass liked too good.

What would you do if the following happened to your daughter or mother or sister or wife?

I was at the farmer's market with a friend of mine and some guy was trying to pick me up. I walked by him and forgot him. That is until I was standing in front of a booth of a jeweler. The jeweler was sizing a ring for me and was about to check to see if it fit when I felt a hand grab my shoulder and then dragged me away from the booth. This was the same man who tried to pick me up 10 minutes prior to being at that jeweler's booth. He picked me up and started to walk away with me. I'm screaming and my friend is also screaming for the police. The police did hear and came. The man dropped me on the cobblestone street and ran. The police took off after him and caught him.

Another time I was just walking down a residential street to go a few blocks to my parents house from a friend's house. A van drove by. It turned the corner and a few minutes later it was back. It pulled over and a man got out. He started to talk to me and I started to walk faster and was rude to him so he would go away. He didn't go away. He picked me up and tried to take me into his house. He slung me over his shoulder. I'm short and small with legs just the right length so that when I swung them as hard as I could, I got him right between his legs. He screamed and dropped. I ran to my parents house and they called the police.

That's just two of many different experiences I've had just walking down the street or being in a public place.

These things happen every day in America. We women don't know if that rude man calling at us isn't going to harm us or not. We just want to get away from them. We just want to be able to walk to our destination and get there in one piece.

It doesn't matter how a woman is dressed. If she wanted to be picked up she would be in a club to meet someone. If you want to pick up a perfect stranger, go to a club. That type of behavior is appropriate at a club. A woman is expecting it there. She shouldn't have to deal with it just walking down the street.

I was just kidding. :poke:

You're talking about sexual-assault and kidnapping.

I was talking about the video.

The point is that we women don't know if someone is going to attack us or hurt us or even kidnap us. All just walking down the street or just being in public.

Both of them started out just talking to me. I tried to ignore them. One I just walked away from at the market only for him to find me, pick me up and tried to walk away with me. The other one was even more scary because I knew something bad was going to happen when I saw the van come back around. He started out talking to me. I was rude to him and walked faster. He then just picked me up and slung me over his shoulder.

This happens more times than people realize. How many women are in the news dead because she was just walking down the street? Or just jogging in a park? Or just walking from one class to the next at school?

Men see this as harmless but it's not. You say you're just saying hello. Or just complementing someone. We don't know if you're going to come after us and do us harm. We women have been told from a very young age to be careful. Don't go to dark streets. Don't walk alone. Always keep a distance between you and a man on the street. Try to always have your keys or an umbrella in your hand just in case. We're taught these things for very good reasons.

A harmless smile or nod to say hello is fine. But when it's constant cat calls and the comments get insulting or men follow us it's going way to far.

No offense, but you're not alone.

I was molested by a neighbor when I was 6 and the only thing I was thinking was that if my parents would punish me if they found out.

I know what you're talking about. Believe me.

I never said I was alone. In fact I tried to list many instances of women who were just minding their own business walking from one place to another and ended up dead. It happens all the time.

I'm so sorry you were molested when you were at such a young age. I'm sorry that you had parents that caused you believe you would get in trouble for something an adult did. They were wrong to teach you to believe that. What your parents should have done was to teach you that you're safe with them and they will always protect you no matter what.

I'm glad you know what I'm talking about but I'm sad that it comes from such a horrible experience.

Men get to walk down the street without having to worry they're going to be harmed or harassed or some weird woman following them. Men don't have to listen to women cat calling at them or trying to pick them up.

Why shouldn't women have the same right?

Forgive me, but it seemed like almost all of the cases of harassment were fairly benign. The group that made this video is trying to claim that a woman can't walk through Manhattan without being harassed by men. Seemed to me the girl looked good and most of the comments were the product of a lack of manners, or just desperate attempts at pickups.

You judge for yourself and post any comments please.

I stopped being able to walk down the street without being harassed in the early 70s. Since then I've experienced things from nearly being kidnapped to men walking beside me for blocks trying to pick me up.

For all of you men's information, women don't like that. It doesn't matter how anyone is dressed. You're blaming the victim for the abuse she endures. Which is wrong. Women should be able to walk down the street dressed any way she wants without being harassed by men.

No we don't like it. No it's not flattering. We just want to be able to get from point A to point B without men harassing us.

For the record, she wasn't wearing anything provocative. She was wearing pants and a top. Not a low neck top either. Just a regular top that is worn by millions of women everyday.

Stop blaming women for the horrible behavior of men. You sound like muslims who force women to wear burkas and blame the women for what men do to them.

Since the early 70s? And you're still being harassed at . . . how old? :lol: Come on lady . . .

I think some of you don't really know what REAL harassment means, seriously. Someone speaking to you or commenting on how you look is NOT harassment. Get a grip!

What would you do if the following happened to your daughter or mother or sister or wife?
He'd probably be wearing a toe tag. I don't agree with guys acting like horndogs but you need to invest in some personal defense, those are potentially lethal situations. At least get some stout OC spray like FOX or SABRE. A CCW would be good too, like a Smith and Wesson Ladysmith.

I was at the farmer's market with a friend of mine and some guy was trying to pick me up. I walked by him and forgot him. That is until I was standing in front of a booth of a jeweler. The jeweler was sizing a ring for me and was about to check to see if it fit when I felt a hand grab my shoulder and then dragged me away from the booth. This was the same man who tried to pick me up 10 minutes prior to being at that jeweler's booth. He picked me up and started to walk away with me. I'm screaming and my friend is also screaming for the police. The police did hear and came. The man dropped me on the cobblestone street and ran. The police took off after him and caught him.

Another time I was just walking down a residential street to go a few blocks to my parents house from a friend's house. A van drove by. It turned the corner and a few minutes later it was back. It pulled over and a man got out. He started to talk to me and I started to walk faster and was rude to him so he would go away. He didn't go away. He picked me up and tried to take me into his house. He slung me over his shoulder. I'm short and small with legs just the right length so that when I swung them as hard as I could, I got him right between his legs. He screamed and dropped. I ran to my parents house and they called the police.

That's just two of many different experiences I've had just walking down the street or being in a public place.

These things happen every day in America. We women don't know if that rude man calling at us isn't going to harm us or not. We just want to get away from them. We just want to be able to walk to our destination and get there in one piece.

It doesn't matter how a woman is dressed. If she wanted to be picked up she would be in a club to meet someone. If you want to pick up a perfect stranger, go to a club. That type of behavior is appropriate at a club. A woman is expecting it there. She shouldn't have to deal with it just walking down the street.

The point is that we women don't know if someone is going to attack us or hurt us or even kidnap us. All just walking down the street or just being in public.

Both of them started out just talking to me. I tried to ignore them. One I just walked away from at the market only for him to find me, pick me up and tried to walk away with me. The other one was even more scary because I knew something bad was going to happen when I saw the van come back around. He started out talking to me. I was rude to him and walked faster. He then just picked me up and slung me over his shoulder.

This happens more times than people realize. How many women are in the news dead because she was just walking down the street? Or just jogging in a park? Or just walking from one class to the next at school?

Men see this as harmless but it's not. You say you're just saying hello. Or just complementing someone. We don't know if you're going to come after us and do us harm. We women have been told from a very young age to be careful. Don't go to dark streets. Don't walk alone. Always keep a distance between you and a man on the street. Try to always have your keys or an umbrella in your hand just in case. We're taught these things for very good reasons.

A harmless smile or nod to say hello is fine. But when it's constant cat calls and the comments get insulting or men follow us it's going way to far.

No offense, but you're not alone.

I was molested by a neighbor when I was 6 and the only thing I was thinking was that if my parents would punish me if they found out.

I know what you're talking about. Believe me.

I never said I was alone. In fact I tried to list many instances of women who were just minding their own business walking from one place to another and ended up dead. It happens all the time.

I'm so sorry you were molested when you were at such a young age. I'm sorry that you had parents that caused you believe you would get in trouble for something an adult did. They were wrong to teach you to believe that. What your parents should have done was to teach you that you're safe with them and they will always protect you no matter what.

I'm glad you know what I'm talking about but I'm sad that it comes from such a horrible experience.

Men get to walk down the street without having to worry they're going to be harmed or harassed or some weird woman following them. Men don't have to listen to women cat calling at them or trying to pick them up.

Why shouldn't women have the same right?

I cannot control what others do.

There are drawbacks to living in free societies.

But the number one reason for this is the strong pray upon the weak. You seem to have a problem with living in a bad neighborhood. Move. Find a place you can feel safe. Nobody should have to live in constant fear. The criminal needs fear in order to commit his crimes. I suggest this because one incident should be one too many, and you've had several. Time to shake the dust of that place from your feet.

REAL harassment is when they don't say anything but follow you. Now THAT is creepy. I had that happen to me two times. Once I had a guy who used to follow me in his vehicle when I was walking, and one time I found him sitting outside of my HOUSE. Now that is creepy. I called the cops immediately, as soon as I was walking up on him. Then, as soon as he saw I was on the phone, he took off. Thankfully I got his license plate number and turned him into the police. Another time, I did the same when I man was seemingly waiting for me at a convenience store I went to every morning. He would sit there and just stare and not say a word. When I asked him if I could help him with something one day, he took off. Called the police that time too.

Okay, I have a couple of more experiences from when I was a teenager and a few from when I was a child. When I was a child and a teenager, there were two times when a car pulled up beside me and my friends and a man was masturbating. We just ran away screaming. Another time when I was a child, a man approached me and was asking me strange questions, if my parents spanked me, etc. Then he kissed me on my cheek - that was when I ran away as fast as I could, scared out of my mind and went to my aunt's house. She called the cops and I had to look at a bunch of mug shots. I didn't recognize him and don't remember whatever happened with that.

One other time when I was probably 10 years old, I was with my friend and her mom going for a walk to the pizza place down the road. I was running ahead, and a car pulled up alongside me. I was totally oblivious and didn't even notice. Apparently when my friend's mom started running towards me and yelling, the car drove off.

Okay, the one more I can remember right now was when I was a teenager and a man and woman pulled over while I was walking and started asking me if I was interested in being a model. I was suspicious immediately, and I gave them terrible tude. They ended up leaving me alone, but I am very suspicious about their motives to this day and it was clear that they were trying to coax me into getting into their vehicle with them. Thankfully, I was smart and kept a good distance between us, and it was daytime which was probably helpful.

I also had a neighbor boy break into my home when I was sleeping once and masturbate in my room. I woke up and chased him out. Turned out, he was a neighborhood peeping tom, and he went away somewhere. I imagine it was some psychiatric facility.

Those are all the strangest experiences I've ever had with harassment. I consider those real cases of harassment, which is why I am not bothered when someone on the street is friendly and says "hello beautiful."

REAL harassment is when they don't say anything but follow you. Now THAT is creepy. I had that happen to me two times. Once I had a guy who used to follow me in his vehicle when I was walking, and one time I found him sitting outside of my HOUSE. Now that is creepy. I called the cops immediately, as soon as I was walking up on him. Then, as soon as he saw I was on the phone, he took off. Thankfully I got his license plate number and turned him into the police. Another time, I did the same when I man was seemingly waiting for me at a convenience store I went to every morning. He would sit there and just stare and not say a word. When I asked him if I could help him with something one day, he took off. Called the police that time too.

Okay, I have a couple of more experiences from when I was a teenager and a few from when I was a child. When I was a child and a teenager, there were two times when a car pulled up beside me and my friends and a man was masturbating. We just ran away screaming. Another time when I was a child, a man approached me and was asking me strange questions, if my parents spanked me, etc. Then he kissed me on my cheek - that was when I ran away as fast as I could, scared out of my mind and went to my aunt's house. She called the cops and I had to look at a bunch of mug shots. I didn't recognize him and don't remember whatever happened with that.

One other time when I was probably 10 years old, I was with my friend and her mom going for a walk to the pizza place down the road. I was running ahead, and a car pulled up alongside me. I was totally oblivious and didn't even notice. Apparently when my friend's mom started running towards me and yelling, the car drove off.

Okay, the one more I can remember right now was when I was a teenager and a man and woman pulled over while I was walking and started asking me if I was interested in being a model. I was suspicious immediately, and I gave them terrible tude. They ended up leaving me alone, but I am very suspicious about their motives to this day and it was clear that they were trying to coax me into getting into their vehicle with them. Thankfully, I was smart and kept a good distance between us, and it was daytime which was probably helpful.

I also had a neighbor boy break into my home when I was sleeping once and masturbate in my room. I woke up and chased him out. Turned out, he was a neighborhood peeping tom, and he went away somewhere. I imagine it was some psychiatric facility.

Those are all the strangest experiences I've ever had with harassment. I consider those real cases of harassment, which is why I am not bothered when someone on the street is friendly and says "hello beautiful."

We had a guy on my team at 5th Group that was a peeping Tom.

They locked him up. He was also a Kleptomaniac.

When I was in college they caught some freak in the library jerking off.

He had picked out a copy of "Crime In America" and was wacking away.

41-mzaJlwnL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

We had a guy on my team at 5th Group that was a peeping Tom.

They locked him up. He was also a Kleptomaniac.

Yeah, there are all kinds of weirdos out there. I must say that I am more intimidated by the ones who just stare at you up and down and follow you and don't say anything. Now THAT is the creepiest. That one creep that followed this woman, I don't know what was up with him. He seemed to be an arrogant ass though. He seemed to be upset that she wouldn't talk to him, IMO. However, when someone follows you, they are definitely crossing a line, and that should not be tolerated. I don't care about her experiment, I think she should have said something to that jerk, or at least taken out her cell phone and said "hello? 911?" Lol.

Forgive me, but it seemed like almost all of the cases of harassment were fairly benign. The group that made this video is trying to claim that a woman can't walk through Manhattan without being harassed by men. Seemed to me the girl looked good and most of the comments were the product of a lack of manners, or just desperate attempts at pickups.

You judge for yourself and post any comments please.

I agree with this entire post with a few exceptions because "going to far" is arbitrary and thats why people who watch the video say that saying hello is harmless and the woman on the video (and women depending on how they feel at the time) say its "creepy", "going too far", etc etc

I think it all goes back to plain respect and common courtesy. I cant figure out why men cant tell when a woman isnt interested. Its pretty obvious when a woman is not interested. If a woman is telling you "no way" either verbally or with body language back the fuck off her and leave her alone..

I think it all goes back to plain respect and common courtesy. I cant figure out why men cant tell when a woman isnt interested. Its pretty obvious when a woman is not interested. If a woman is telling you "no way" either verbally or with body language back the fuck off her and leave her alone..

I agree with you, but some guys still think that if you are dressed a certain way that you are "asking for it." They don't like to hear the word "no."

And sure, there are certainly times when we dress to attract attention of men, but we ARE allowed to choose our men, whether other men might like that or not. Lol. That's just life. That does not give any man the right to harass the woman, just because she is not interested in talking with him, no matter how she is dressed. That's my opinion. :D

Wasnt pure?!!! WTF? No they had an agenda...Its called Courting and finding that person attractive. Again with the crazy definitions

I just figured out you like taking the opposing viewpoints of any discussion.

Yes, because I cant possibly believe what I'm saying. That way you dont have to engage me in a discussion. All you have to do is say so.

Somebody must have been abusive to you when you were a baby.

Ok so you're done with the topic and instead want to interview me? Cool...just dont make assumptions and you wont look so silly.

How can you understand me when you believe that women are a mystery. Thats your opinion lol...but you got me figured out...a guy on the internet

Fuck you asshole

10665346_10154762432795521_6902797374236119822_n.jpg

I agree with you, but some guys still think that if you are dressed a certain way that you are "asking for it." They don't like to hear the word "no."

And sure, there are certainly times when we dress to attract attention of men, but we ARE allowed to choose our men, whether other men might like that or not. Lol. That's just life. That does not give any man the right to harass the woman, just because she is not interested in talking with him, no matter how she is dressed. That's my opinion. :D
Yeah thats another one I never could figure out. I dont care what the women is wearing. She could be naked but if you dont float her boat then as a man you should step off and try your luck elsewhere.

Idiot feminist.
Obviously they have lost all meaning of the word "harassment'. And equate a greeting gesture as "harassment".
The guy who followed her around was the only thing I saw that could be seen as harassment. The rest was complimentary or just saying hello.
I guess we are not supposed to speak to women unless spoken to first. :cuckoo:

Of course they arent walking down the street with the purpose of being hit on (sometimes). They are walking to get to a destination.

There is no rules of where you are allowed to speak to women. If they are at a nightclub maybe they just want to hang out, or party without being hit on. Its not mens responsibility to read minds prior to the approach but it is his responsibility to read cues on whether to pursue or not.

Every place that a woman wants to be picked up is the exact same place that women DONT want to be picked up depending on their mood at the time. The street is fine IF THEY FEEL LIKE IT, the club is fine IF THEY FEEL LIKE IT, Standing in line at the Grocery store is fine IF THEY FEEL LIKE IT.

But like I said, men arent responsible for reading minds. They are simply engaging in the normal rules of courtship / dating.

Forum List

Back