🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Shooting at muslim cartoon event?

all you need do is checkout the history of muslim invasion , piracy , to see why I awarded your post a funny award and hey , I am no historian . Still , info is easily googled plus checkout the meaning of some of their religious words and concepts !!

Brad Thor, author, was on Dan and Amy this morning...he points out that Geller is a free woman in a free country and if we don't support her right to peaceful protest of monsters....how do we expect the mythical "moderate" muslims in oppressive countries to stand up to their nut job muslims in power.........

yeah , excellent point , if a free person in a free country is ' COWED' by threats of violence how can or why would the so called moderate muslim in a country or areas with 'isis' or Irans shias in control stand up to them ??

Last edited:
Muslims are like any other abuser. They all act reasonably and logically. "My wife knew that burning the toast was a provocation and I would beat her. She did it anyway."

This is why she is a hero....and from an MSNBC type...it is about standing up to extortion......in the face of death threats.....

Pam Geller s Mohammed contest was an important expression of free speech says Chris Hayes Hot Air

Hayes counters that with an analogy to editorial freedom. If MSNBC told him he couldn’t run a segment because it might reflect badly on an advertiser, he’d feel obliged to run it even if he thought initially that it was too weak to air.

Once you’ve been extorted over something you have a right to say, it’s more important to resist the extortion than to worry about whether what you have to say is particularly interesting.

It’s about incentives, and reducing the extorter’s incentive to extort is a valuable contribution to free speech even if airing your crappy segment isn’t. Geller’s cartoon contest, like Charlie Hebdo’s post-massacre cover, is an attempt to show jihadis that attacking blasphemers won’t end the blasphemy; if anything, by making martyrs and celebrities of them, it’ll encourage it. It’s a bid to reduce the incentive to kill.

Whether it’s a smart strategy is hard to say — some jihadis may want to encourage public expressions of sympathy with Charlie Hebdo and Geller, to show western Muslims that the decadent infidel sides with those who insult the prophet — but it’s not, as many stupid media types have claimed this week, an attempt to get people at the event killed. On the contrary, it’s a way to show would-be killers that they need to try another tactic if they’re serious about ending blasphemy, or at least ending public interest in it. Take away the risk of bombs going off and Geller’s cartoon contest wouldn’t have gotten any press at all this week. That’s the lesson. Nice to know that one left-wing media personality got it.

chris hays , thought that he and sheep smiff were a husband , wife team !! But yeah , agree , looks like he has it figured out !!

sorry for the 'funny' Joe , no disrespect intended but what you just said sounds funny !!

No, funny is pissing off 1 billion people so that a few Jewish people can pretend a Sky Pixie loves them best because you Funditards think you need Israel so Jesus can come back.

But your superstitions are SOOOOO much better than THEIR superstitions. I know you need to believe that.

This is why she is a hero....and from an MSNBC type...it is about standing up to extortion......in the face of death threats.....

Right. Intentially offending millions of people to see if one of them does something violent is now considered "heroism" on the right.

Not sure why you are worried about offending ISIS, I hear they are really nothing to worry about and a figment of the right's imagination. Muslims like Christians get over that stuff and move on. Just like the artists and their crucifix art, and putting crucifixes in urine and feces. Nobody will get excited or do anything.

pizz them off or don't pizz them off , they are eventually coming for you and people like you and me . Probably no real concern unless you are a American or western civ youngster because it's those youngsters who I think will be affected Joe !!

The best way to show that you're not cowed by threats is not to change your behaviour.
Islamists are already winning by making people get off their couch and act like arseholes by organising meaningless events to prove that they have the right to act like arseholes.
They're already winning by having us accept blanket surveillance by our governments.
They're already winning by making travel and congregating in crowds such a depressing activity.
They're already winning by having us accept the growing militarisation of our public spaces and law enforcement.
They're already winning when peaceful Muslims are antagonised by the non-Muslims around them - great for recruitment.

Good on these folk for proving to the world that nobody can take away their right to act like fuckwits...and they certainly have that right.
But they're acting like fuckwits in response to the Islamists...that's exactly what the Islamists want.
1-0 to the Islamists in this case.

Not sure why you are worried about offending ISIS, I hear they are really nothing to worry about and a figment of the right's imagination. Muslims like Christians get over that stuff and move on. Just like the artists and their crucifix art, and putting crucifixes in urine and feces. Nobody will get excited or do anything.

These two guys weren't ISIS. THey were a couple of disaffected guys who decided to throw their lives away.

I do worry when someone does repeated things intending to get exactly this kind of result, and then doesn't own it when something bad happens.

Agree with all the examples except the first IBD . Americans have RIGHTS and individual Americans are the guys to decide what RIGHTS they will exercise .

pizz them off or don't pizz them off , they are eventually coming for you and people like you and me . Probably no real concern unless you are a American or western civ youngster because it's those youngsters who I think will be affected Joe !!

Guy, the Muslims have been "coming" for 1400 years, and they control less territory than they did in 1800.

Muslim terrorists are not an existential threat to the US. Is it a pain in the ass when someone does something terrorist-y? Yes. Is it going to make America stop being America.

The real existential threat to America is big corporations that have more power and wealth than governments.

well Pamela Geller has plans to do some more Cartoon shows in the USA . Hear that Geert Wilders is also thinking of doing one or more in his or Englands Parliament !! So stay tuned Gentlemen !!

Agree with all the examples except the first IBD . Americans have RIGHTS and individual Americans are the guys to decide what RIGHTS they will exercise .
I have no argument with that...I was agreeing with those rights.
But if you exercise your rights by going out of your way to do something in response to the terrorists...they've already achieved their objective.
The object of terrorism is to get you to change your behaviour.

think you are correct Joe , my concern in the short term is not existential , my concern is with muslim political influence concerning laws , traditions , culture because of muslim immigration into the USA . And maybe existential concerns after mrobama gives iran its nukes .

I have no argument with that...I was agreeing with those rights.
But if you exercise your rights by going out of your way to do something in response to the terrorists...they've already achieved their objective.
The object of terrorism is to get you to change your behaviour.
its not going out of Pams way , she and the attendees had fun , sang songs and these protests have been going on in the USA forever now . Usually private small events but been happening for a long time . See Rev. Terry Jones protest from about 2010 IBD !! This is just a big deal because of Pam and Wilders and the boneheads that got themselves killed . Pamela Geller is famous , see the NYC posters on NYC transit buses and her other works through the years . And Geert , well I know of him but I'm in the minority I think but he is also a big deal , same as Ayn Hirsi Ali , 'Fitna' and more IBD !!

Forum List

Back