Should a 14 yr old be trialed as an adult?

I am voting no, 14 is not an adult nor are their brains fully developed..his mother is/was a drug addict and his father an idiot
1725630326037.png

If they can serve in Congress they should also be tried as an adult.

I am voting no, 14 is not an adult nor are their brains fully developed..his mother is/was a drug addict and his father an idiot
Yes .. a 14-year-old should be convicted like an adult when committing such a heinous crime. If a 14-year-old can make decisions to have their genitalia removed or have an abortion, they are already making adult decisions.

I think it depends on the nature of the crime. I'd vote yes for premeditated murder like the most recent school shooter. Maybe not if he was caught shoplifting or smoking dope or vandalizing his school.

No. This is why pedos are able to get away with what they do, they use excuses. Though there can be some very rare exceptions, but they are for the 1% of circumstances for the 1% of crimes.

A childs mind is not fully formed until far later, and it is the mind that drives behaviour. At that age it is driven solely by impulse and emotion, logic is lacking. They are easily guided or misguided. In fact, I think scientists proved that a persons brain doesn't fully form until age 24, scary but probably quite accurate.

If we don't draw a line at an agreed upon age where do we? At what age? Should they also be allowed to vote, drink, drive a car, alter their gender? What if a 4 year old does the same?

I understand it's a very difficult issue, especially for the family or those in the justice system, but society has to delineate the differences between adults and non adults. I will be honest, I don't think someone is an adult at 18 and many mentally and emotionally mature even later. I know I wasn't an adult until probably 21 or 22. 21 Is probably the better age where they can assess circumstances and appreciate their decisions, the impact on others and themselves, not look for immediate gratification.

When I interact with many adults today I see a lack of maturity at times. It's as if the world has gone mad. People killing others due to road rage. Murdering kids working at fast food places because their food isn't hot or they get the order wrong.

It's mad mad world. The young don't even have mature role models to emulate.

Last edited:
No. This is why pedos are able to get away with what they do, they use excuses. Though there can be some very rate exceptions, but they are for the 1% of circumstances for the 1% of crimes.

A childs mind is not fully formed until far later, and it is the mind that drives behaviour. At that age it is driven solely by impulse and emotion, logic is lacking. They are easily guided or misguided. In fact, I think scientists proved that a persons brain doesn't fully form until age 24, scary but probably quite accurate.

If we don't draw a line at an agreed upon age where do we? At what age? Should they also be allowed to vote, drink, drive a car, alter their gender? What if a 4 year old does the same?

I understand it's a very difficult issue, especially for the family or those in the justice system, but society has to delineate the differences between adults and non adults. I will be honest, I don't think someone is an adult at 18 and many mentally and emotionally mature even later. I know I wasn't an adult until probably 21 or 22. 21 Is probably the better age where they can assess circumstances and appreciate their decisions, the impact on others and themselves, not look for immediate gratification.

When I interact with many adults today I see a lack of maturity at times. It's as if the world has gone mad. People killing others due to road rage. Murdering kids working at fast food places because their food isn't hot or they get the order wrong.

It's mad mad world. The young don't even have mature role models to emulate.
Is that why fourteen year olds have graduated from college?

Is that why fourteen year olds have graduated from college?

First, that would be the rare person with a mind that can absorb and regurgitate. That's all that is needed in most tests. It's why we have Grandmasters of chess younger and younger every year, even younger than this age. They can memorize older games, moves and patterns, especially as they can now train with computers with an ELO of 3800.

It doesn't mean they can have an in-depth discussion of what is best for humanity or society. Debate with them the constitution or climate change and you will understand their real age.

If you sat down with these college grads and discussed issues of politics or world history, you would appreciate their maturity level or lackthereof.

Now, there are of course some who might be more mature at their age. Do you believe they will be more or less mature 3-6 years later? Will their views have changed>

First, that would be the rare person with a mind that can absorb and regurgitate. That's all that is needed in most tests. It's why we have Grandmasters of chess younger and younger every year, even younger than this age. They can memorize older games, moves and patterns, especially as they can now train with computers with an ELO of 3800.

It doesn't mean they can have an in-depth discussion of what is best for humanity or society. Debate with them the constitution or climate change and you will understand their real age.

If you sat down with these college grads and discussed issues of politics or world history, you would appreciate their maturity level or lackthereof.

Now, there are of course some who might be more mature at their age. Do you believe they will be more or less mature 3-6 years later? Will their views have changed>
all that matters is that they know the difference between right and wrong.

Hell, a majority of adults are not mature but still function in society, look at Elon Musk.

Forum List

Back