Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
As you know, they aren't the freaks.

The freaks are the homo lobby lunatic extremists who want to use the state to *force* churches to marry them.

Thankfully, you're a tiny minority of the population.

They're noisy faggots always wanting attention.....look at me, look at me, I'm queer and I'm here.....look at me.....

You're funny. You try so hard. This thread is about queer marriage. You're distracted too easily. Jesus allowed divorce. Did you read it?

Yeah, divorce for infidelity. What about all other divorces? Why don't you really follow the teachings of Jesus the way you pretend to?

What about all the other divorces? It appears that all the other divorces have traumatized you. Jesus can heal you and make it all better. Try him. He never fails.

They asked, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?" 4 "Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' 5 and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh' ? 6 So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

7 "Why then," they asked, "did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?" 8 Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.

9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery." 10

See? If you're going to claim Jesus as the authority on marriage, then no divorce except for infidelity is legitimate.

Do you support that law?

And then when you tell them to shut the fuck up, they demand to know why you care what they do in their bedrooms.

If they'd just keep it in their bedrooms, nobody would say a word!

Yeah, divorce for infidelity. What about all other divorces? Why don't you really follow the teachings of Jesus the way you pretend to?

What about all the other divorces? It appears that all the other divorces have traumatized you. Jesus can heal you and make it all better. Try him. He never fails.

They asked, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?" 4 "Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' 5 and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh' ? 6 So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

7 "Why then," they asked, "did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?" 8 Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.

9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery." 10

See? If you're going to claim Jesus as the authority on marriage, then no divorce except for infidelity is legitimate.

Do you support that law?

Er...what does this have to do with forcing homosexual marriages on churches?

It's not for profit. They take a fee to cover the expense.

Try again, loon.
So long as the overarching organization qualifies as a nonprofit, and so long as any subsidiary organization or paper-shell under which the rental occurs qualifies as a nonprofit, confidence is reasonably high that they may be as selective as they wish, in approving such rentals, and, if they are ever successfully challenged, then they simply cease rental operations and find some other source of funding-supplement; letting the community know who was responsible for spoiling it for everyone else, as part of the shutdown process.

The more P(ublic) R(elations) disasters for these freaks, the better.

Kondor, give it up. If you are a lawyer trying to gin up business, you are going to lose big time if you actually try it.
Oh, I claim no particular legal expertise in the matter, despite the fact that I have 20+ years of nonprofit -focused middle-management experience.

If you believe that my assessment of nonprofit status, in connection with the rental of facilities, is incorrect, then, by all means say so, and offer-up a few words of wisdom as to why you believe that to be the case.

Otherwise, you're shootin' blanks on this one, mine good colleague.

Last edited:
Jesus said marriage is a man and woman. Period.

like I said... you don't even know your own religion.

now feel free to post the verse.

or you can always be quiet.

Jesus didn't come to break the law, but to fulfill it.

So if marriage is between a man and wife in the OT, and Christ does not say otherwise in the NT, marriage remains between a man and a woman.

But homos are free to do whatever they like. That's the wonderful thing about Christianity. It's about accountability. Go ahead and pretend you're married to your gay lover if that is what you want to do. As long as we aren't forced to subsidized your depraved and dependent lifestyle.

Okay...so if Christians are supposed to abide by the laws of the OT...when do we start stoning adulterers and children who bad mouth their parents?

The only time Jesus ever talks about marriage, he's referring to divorce. There were no legal same sex unions in his time so he could not have spoken of them. What did Jesus say about gays? Well, if you keep reading Matthew, he alludes to gay men.

“Not everyone can accept this teaching, but only those to whom it is given. For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let anyone accept this who can.” (Matthew 19:11-12)

I don't have to "pretend" I'm married, I am married. Legally married and Federally recognized. My spouse just got her military ID this past December. We filed our first joint Federal taxes despite being together for almost 20 years now.

It's actually by not letting us legally marry that the taxpayer is more likely to have to "subsidize" one of the partners instead of them being on their spouse's healthcare. One partner can stay home, collect unemployment, welfare, food stamps, Medicare, etc...because they are treated like a single jobless individual instead of, oh say, a stay at home spouse or parent. :eusa_whistle:

Do you support that law?

It's not law. It's church doctrine. Do you understand the difference?

The far left wants "separation of church and state", but wants the government to control "Marriage".

The far left Hypocrisy on this issue is an eye opener.

Well not really.

Civil marriage is not religious. The government already "controls" civil marriage, gays want equal access to it, equal protection under the law. It has absolutely N-O-T-H-I-N-G to do with religion.

Religions will be free, as they always have, to not perform marriage ceremonies that violate the tenants of their faith. How do I know this? By all the churches that were forced to perform interracial or interfaith marriages.

Churches will change through public opinion...just as they ALWAYS have.

It's not for profit. They take a fee to cover the expense. Try again, loon.

You know better than to lie like this.

We will get you every time.

Rent My Church | Home is stone cold proof that you are wrong.

No it's not, loon.

Yup, they pay taxes on your bed side. Means they will have to marry same sex if they want to continue after the court rules marriage equality is the law of the land.

The far left homofascists freaks, as kg points out, are wrong and will be defeated.

And the hetero-fascist far right social con freaks, like kg, who are opposed to marriage equality are wrong also, and are losing the fight as we speak.

Do you know how mentally ill you sound when you rattle off multiple posts like this? I'm just trying to be helpful. If your parole officer reads this stuff, he's going to drag your ass in for not abiding by the terms of your probation...i.e., taking your prescribed meds (and not taking the street ones).

:lol: koshergrl melt down.

So long as the overarching organization qualifies as a nonprofit, and so long as any subsidiary organization or paper-shell under which the rental occurs qualifies as a nonprofit, confidence is reasonably high that they may be as selective as they wish, in approving such rentals, and, if they are ever successfully challenged, then they simply cease rental operations and find some other source of funding-supplement; letting the community know who was responsible for spoiling it for everyone else, as part of the shutdown process.

The more P(ublic) R(elations) disasters for these freaks, the better.

Kondor, give it up. If you are a lawyer trying to gin up business, you are going to lose big time if you actually try it.
Oh, I claim no particular legal expertise in the matter, despite the fact that I have 20+ years of nonprofit -focused middle-management experience.

If you believe that my assessment of nonprofit status, in connection with the rental of facilities, is incorrect, then, by all means say so, and offer-up a few words of wisdom as to why you believe that to be the case. Otherwise, you're shootin' blanks on this one, mine good colleague.

Rent My Church | Home demonstrates that churches advertise publicly their wedding facilities for rent.

Public accommodation law, my friend.

Do you support that law?

It's not law. It's church doctrine. Do you understand the difference?

Then it has nothing to do with courts at all or this OP.

The far left wants "separation of church and state", but wants the government to control "Marriage".

Well not really.

This doesn’t make any sense.

It was the original intent of the Framers that church and state remain separate, liberals understand and acknowledge this fact.

And government has always controlled marriage, as the states write the marriage laws and administer those laws in state courts. The 14th Amendment requires that the states allow all persons access to the laws of the states, in this case same-sex couples access to marriage law they’re eligible to participate in.

Consequently, there’s no ‘hypocrisy’ on the part of liberals, as their position is consistent with the Constitution and it’s case law. 14th Amendment jurisprudence applies only to government, and can in no way interfere with religious practice.

Which brings us once again back to the idiocy of the OP, where no one is seeking to compel any Christian denomination to marry same-sex couples in their churches, and no government has the authority to compel them to do so.

If you believe that my assessment of nonprofit status, in connection with the rental of facilities, is incorrect, then, by all means say so, and offer-up a few words of wisdom as to why you believe that to be the case. Otherwise, you're shootin' blanks on this one, mine good colleague.

Rent My Church | Home demonstrates that churches advertise publicly their wedding facilities for rent.

Public accommodation law, my friend.

Are you operating under the impression that I disputed the idea that churches rent-out their premises for various events?

Sent from my HP 7 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

What percentage of molesters are men? Hmm?

I don't really know OFF HAND - But male sex drive and female sex drive are two different creatures . I can't think of a single case of females molesting children , except of course the occassiona lteacher who bangs an under age student. What's your point ? and why don't you google it and get back to us .

Indeed, you don't think, Greanbean, you simply emote.

You have no factual, objective evidence for your opinions, and they are not evidence. You are flatly wrong. And, in fact, the numbers overwhelmingly of abusers are heterosexual adult males.

Greenbean Snow, you know nothing.

Do you understand percentages and per capita ? Apparently not - well where I went to school that was taught in Junior High -percentages in Grade School - have you gotten to level yet ?

When less than 5% of the Population is committing about 1/3 of the child molestation cases then yes - that is an indication that something is drastically wrong with that minute percentage of people.

Last edited:

Well not really.

Civil marriage is not religious. The government already "controls" civil marriage, gays want equal access to it, equal protection under the law. It has absolutely N-O-T-H-I-N-G to do with religion.

Religions will be free, as they always have, to not perform marriage ceremonies that violate the tenants of their faith. How do I know this? By all the churches that were forced to perform interracial or interfaith marriages.

Churches will change through public opinion...just as they ALWAYS have.

Another far left myth being promoted so the hate for the church can flow and be justified by those who only want to punish.

Forum List

Back