Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
like I said... you don't even know your own religion.

now feel free to post the verse.

or you can always be quiet.

Jesus didn't come to break the law, but to fulfill it.

So if marriage is between a man and wife in the OT, and Christ does not say otherwise in the NT, marriage remains between a man and a woman.

But homos are free to do whatever they like. That's the wonderful thing about Christianity. It's about accountability. Go ahead and pretend you're married to your gay lover if that is what you want to do. As long as we aren't forced to subsidized your depraved and dependent lifestyle.

Okay...so if Christians are supposed to abide by the laws of the OT...when do we start stoning adulterers and children who bad mouth their parents?

The only time Jesus ever talks about marriage, he's referring to divorce. There were no legal same sex unions in his time so he could not have spoken of them. What did Jesus say about gays? Well, if you keep reading Matthew, he alludes to gay men.

“Not everyone can accept this teaching, but only those to whom it is given. For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let anyone accept this who can.” (Matthew 19:11-12)

I don't have to "pretend" I'm married, I am married. Legally married and Federally recognized. My spouse just got her military ID this past December. We filed our first joint Federal taxes despite being together for almost 20 years now.

It's actually by not letting us legally marry that the taxpayer is more likely to have to "subsidize" one of the partners instead of them being on their spouse's healthcare. One partner can stay home, collect unemployment, welfare, food stamps, Medicare, etc...because they are treated like a single jobless individual instead of, oh say, a stay at home spouse or parent. :eusa_whistle:

I would bet money you're getting foodstamps now. Sounds like you've got it down.

Yup, you can leech off the system better if you're not married. The system has always been about subsidizing failure.

Wow, 86% of pollers here seem to not be as supportive of so-called "gay marriage" as the LGBT cult would have the media [and politicians keeping an eagle-eye on prospective votes] believe.

Weird. Also weird how avid they are to force their value system upon the sovereign states when they report at the same time that "a clear majority of Americans support gay marriage'

Something just ain't adding up?

This discussion is totally not about supporting gay marriage. I am very supportive of gay marriage and so are most Americans, but I guess most people don't like the fact of a government dicating private organisations what to do.

Wow, 86% of pollers here seem to not be as supportive of so-called "gay marriage" as the LGBT cult would have the media [and politicians keeping an eagle-eye on prospective votes] believe.

Weird. Also weird how avid they are to force their value system upon the sovereign states when they report at the same time that "a clear majority of Americans support gay marriage'

Something just ain't adding up?

1. The poll is not a measure of support for gay marriage

2. This forum is conservative by about 6 to 1, so no poll here accurately reflects public opinion.

Last edited:
No! Any so-called "Christian church" that holds gay weddings has fallen an is anathema to the Word of God as written in the Bible. They now do Satan's bidding and the false teachers/preachers of said churches have a nice, warm placing waiting for them.

What about all the other divorces? It appears that all the other divorces have traumatized you. Jesus can heal you and make it all better. Try him. He never fails.

They asked, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?" 4 "Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' 5 and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh' ? 6 So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

7 "Why then," they asked, "did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?" 8 Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.

9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery." 10

See? If you're going to claim Jesus as the authority on marriage, then no divorce except for infidelity is legitimate.

Do you support that law?

It's not law. It's church doctrine. Do you understand the difference?

Then stop citing Jesus when the legal rights of same sex couples are the issue.

I don't really know OFF HAND - But male sex drive and female sex drive are two different creatures . I can't think of a single case of females molesting children , except of course the occassiona lteacher who bangs an under age student. What's your point ? and why don't you google it and get back to us .

Indeed, you don't think, Greanbean, you simply emote.

You have no factual, objective evidence for your opinions, and they are not evidence. You are flatly wrong. And, in fact, the numbers overwhelmingly of abusers are heterosexual adult males.

Greenbean Snow, you know nothing.

Do you understand percentages and per capita ? Apparently not - well where I went to school that was taught in Junior High -percentages in Grade School - have you gotten to level yet ?

When less than 5% of the Population is committing about 1/3 of the child molestation cases then yes - that is an indication that something is drastically wrong with that minute percentage of people.

Once again, what percentage of molested girls were molested by homosexual men?

No! Any so-called "Christian church" that holds gay weddings has fallen an is anathema to the Word of God as written in the Bible. They now do Satan's bidding and the false teachers/preachers of said churches have a nice, warm placing waiting for them.

And the ones who hold weddings for the divorced to remarry others? More of Satan's work?

You have no factual, objective evidence for your opinions, and they are not evidence. You are flatly wrong. And, in fact, the numbers overwhelmingly of abusers are heterosexual adult males.

Do you understand percentages and per capita ? Apparently not - well where I went to school that was taught in Junior High -percentages in Grade School - have you gotten to level yet ?

When less than 5% of the Population is committing about 1/3 of the child molestation cases then yes - that is an indication that something is drastically wrong with that minute percentage of people.

What percentage of elves were molested by fake santa clauses ?

Your numbers are bullshit. Get over it.

The far left wants "separation of church and state", but wants the government to control "Marriage".

The far left Hypocrisy on this issue is an eye opener.

Well not really.

Civil marriage is not religious. The government already "controls" civil marriage, gays want equal access to it, equal protection under the law. It has absolutely N-O-T-H-I-N-G to do with religion.

Religions will be free, as they always have, to not perform marriage ceremonies that violate the tenants of their faith. How do I know this? By all the churches that were forced to perform interracial or interfaith marriages.

Churches will change through public opinion...just as they ALWAYS have.

Another far left myth being promoted so the hate for the church can flow and be justified by those who only want to punish.

What is the "myth" you refer to? The struggle for gay and lesbian civil rights and the right to civilly marry has nothing to do with the church or religion. They are not related in any way, shape or form.

Gays have always had equal access to religious marriage. We can be religiously married by any church that will marry us, just like everyone else. It's the legal, civil marriage we care about having equal access to because that's the one many are denied.

Of course they are because Green Bean isn't interested in knowing the actual facts he's just interested in painting gays as child molesters. Tiresome canard of homophobes.

He doesn't understand that men that molest boys are not gay, but pedophiles.

According to Dr. Fred Berlin, a Johns Hopkins University professor who founded the National Institute for the Study, Prevention and Treatment of Sexual Trauma in Baltimore, Md., pedophilia is a distinct sexual orientation marked by persistent, sometimes exclusive, attraction to prepubescent children.

Pedophiles are attracted to children. That they are children matters more than their gender. The sex of victim has more to do with access .

This is from a study by John Jay University commissioned after the Catholic priest sex abuse scandal.

"What we are suggesting is that the idea of sexual identity be separated from the problem of sexual abuse. At this point, we do not find a connection between homosexual identity and the increased likelihood of subsequent abuse from the data that we have right now."

Yeah, they said that about interracial marriage too. Some still do. Meh, I'll wait to hear it direct from god that she doesn't like the way she made me. :lol:

Of course they are because Green Bean isn't interested in knowing the actual facts he's just interested in painting gays as child molesters. Tiresome canard of homophobes.

He doesn't understand that men that molest boys are not gay, but pedophiles.

According to Dr. Fred Berlin, a Johns Hopkins University professor who founded the National Institute for the Study, Prevention and Treatment of Sexual Trauma in Baltimore, Md., pedophilia is a distinct sexual orientation marked by persistent, sometimes exclusive, attraction to prepubescent children.

Pedophiles are attracted to children. That they are children matters more than their gender. The sex of victim has more to do with access .

This is from a study by John Jay University commissioned after the Catholic priest sex abuse scandal.

"What we are suggesting is that the idea of sexual identity be separated from the problem of sexual abuse. At this point, we do not find a connection between homosexual identity and the increased likelihood of subsequent abuse from the data that we have right now."

Very Good SeaWytch - you really put the old thinking cap on for that one - just hope it isn't too tight.

The papers you cited - which I am somewhat familiar with, present one theory - and a semi-plausible one at that . The preposition being that somehow Males who molest other males should not be considered honosexual even though those males predominantly and exclusively attack males [under age] because it makes all Gays look bad ... correct me if I'm wrong - because I don't have the time at the moment to scour through the articles and tear them apart - I'll be back a tad later to check on your progress . Regards

PS: Regarding your other post that followed that - kindly cease and desist your Racist Tripe - Attempting to link African Americans to your silly little sexual agenda - You're a Racist

Last edited:
Civil marriage is not religious. The government already "controls" civil marriage, gays want equal access to it, equal protection under the law. It has absolutely N-O-T-H-I-N-G to do with religion.

Religions will be free, as they always have, to not perform marriage ceremonies that violate the tenants of their faith. How do I know this? By all the churches that were forced to perform interracial or interfaith marriages.

Churches will change through public opinion...just as they ALWAYS have.

Another far left myth being promoted so the hate for the church can flow and be justified by those who only want to punish.

What is the "myth" you refer to? The struggle for gay and lesbian civil rights and the right to civilly marry has nothing to do with the church or religion. They are not related in any way, shape or form.

Gays have always had equal access to religious marriage. We can be religiously married by any church that will marry us, just like everyone else. It's the legal, civil marriage we care about having equal access to because that's the one many are denied.

So, do you feel religions should be forced to perform gay marriages?

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Are you operating under the impression that I disputed the idea that churches rent-out their premises for various events?

You wrongfully disputed that by doing so publicly they will open themselves to homosexual weddings.
I did?

You haven't got a link to that by any chance, do you?

Yup, you did, and anybody can go back and findit.

We are not going to let you play obstructionism. You don't get "just once more."

I have a constitution.

Yes, you do, and the courts will interpret it for you on questions like the OP.

No interpretation needed here. It's as plain as the wart on the tip of your nose. I wanna see your court force an unwilling pastor perform a queer wedding.

Failed attempt by to shift argument.

Any church that holds public weddings for a fee will be subject to contempt of court and massive fines if it does not comply with the law.

Silhouette and Pop23 and others won't answer that question as well as the one "how has marriage equality harmed your civil and personal liberties?"

The obstructionists know they have lost this debate from the beginning,

Forum List

Back