Should Dean's life be ruined for saying the N-word 30-40-50 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, of course not. But the repukes never forgave Robert Byrd, though most of them probably actually liked him better when he was a racist.

Usually, I respect what you write. I may disagree with it, but I have many times offered you respect for your posts.

This one however......it is an insult to me and many of my friends....and completely inaccurate.
Why, are you a repuke?

you're an idiot. First of all, saying ****** doesnt make one a racist anymore than calling someone a jap makes you anti-japaneese

Second didnt YOU support Byrd? why was he allowed to exist and Thurmond was crucified? Oh yeah Byrd was a good soldier democrats and Thurmond got the hell out of the party of Jim Crow.......yep

Usually, I respect what you write. I may disagree with it, but I have many times offered you respect for your posts.

This one however......it is an insult to me and many of my friends....and completely inaccurate.
Why, are you a repuke?

you're an idiot. First of all, saying ****** doesnt make one a racist anymore than calling someone a jap makes you anti-japaneese

Second didnt YOU support Byrd? why was he allowed to exist and Thurmond was crucified? Oh yeah Byrd was a good soldier democrats and Thurmond got the hell out of the party of Jim Crow.......yep

Thurmond did get out of the party, because it was no longer playing the racism game. He was the first in a wave of Southern conservatives that included Jesse Helms, Trent Lott, Richard Shelby and a host of others. Part of what LBJ was describing when he declared that with the Civil Rights Act of 1964, his party "had lost the South for a generation" (a time span he obviously underestimated). The Democratic Party (to its discredit) had been condoning racism and looking the other way for the sake of power, until 1964 when it (to its credit) did the right thing. Having lost the base that would enable them, they went to the Republican Party and the South went from blue to red en masse. The players didn't change; the costume did.

Thurmond was never "crucified". He was in the Senate until the age of freaking 100. Literally. He even concealed the existence of his black daughter until after his death. So cut the hypocrisy and revisionist history horseshit.

Last edited:

Why, are you a repuke?

Byrd apologized for his racist past and made amends. You aren't very bright, are you?

Why, are you a repuke?

Thurmond did get out of the party, because it was no longer playing the racism game. He was the first in a wave of Southern conservatives that included Jesse Helms, Trent Lott, Richard Shelby and a host of others. Part of what LBJ was describing when he declared that with the Civil Rights Act of 1964, his party "had lost the South for a generation" (a time span he obviously underestimated).

Thurmond was never "crucified". He was in the Senate until the age of freaking 100. Literally. He even concealed the existence of his black daughter until after his death. So cut the hypocrisy and revisionist history horseshit.

LOL, you're hilarious, he was crucified, and so was Trent Lott for supporting his friend.

Secon, the democrats have always been the party of racism and still are. Look at Clarence "Uncle" Thomas or Paual "I supprted Obama" Dean, I mean using ****** is a huge sign or racism to people like you and democrats say it ALOT.

But the main racism from democrats comes down to the government plantation, a few food stamps for votes.....and dont try to leave, because you're be called an Uncle Tom, Oreo, house ****** and more! Hell they'll make shit up like Anita Hill if you wander off!

Thurmond did get out of the party, because it was no longer playing the racism game. He was the first in a wave of Southern conservatives that included Jesse Helms, Trent Lott, Richard Shelby and a host of others. Part of what LBJ was describing when he declared that with the Civil Rights Act of 1964, his party "had lost the South for a generation" (a time span he obviously underestimated).

LOL, you're hilarious, he was crucified, and so was Trent Lott for supporting his friend.

Secon, the democrats have always been the party of racism and still are. Look at Clarence "Uncle" Thomas or Paual "I supprted Obama" Dean, I mean using ****** is a huge sign or racism to people like you and democrats say it ALOT.

But the main racism from democrats comes down to the government plantation, a few food stamps for votes.....and dont try to leave, because you're be called an Uncle Tom, Oreo, house ****** and more! Hell they'll make shit up like Anita Hill if you wander off!

Again, steaming bullshit. Thurmond got no "crucifixion" whatsoever. Bring a link or can it.

Strom Thurmond was a relative of mine; I'm not pulling this out of my ass. You? :link:

As for Trent Lott, his foot-in-mouth moment was for declaring that had the country followed Mississippi's lead (in voting for Thurmond for president) "we woulnd'ta had all these problems over all these years either". And considering what Thurmond was known for the connection was inescapable. That's as stupid as saying you wanted to, say, set up a wedding with slaves.

Trent Lott's Kwanzaa Message to the Nation

Last edited:
Again, steaming bullshit. Thurmond got no "crucifixion" whatsoever. Bring a link or can it.

Strom Thurmond was a relative of mine; I'm not pulling this out of my ass. You? :link:

Paula Deen could have saved herself a lot of headaches:

Plaintiff: Ms. Deen, have you ever, in your entire life, called someone a "******?"

Deen: Yes, but I was talking about Clarence Thomas!

Slate, MSNBC, Rightwinger, Pogo and Rati would all be praising her courage and wisdom, right now....

Paulas sons said that she voted for Obama:eek:

Yeah, she is a big time Obamabot.

^^ another one of these hacks who thinks he can make a freaking TV cooking show into a political football. Ironically the legal complaint, when it refers to politics at all, only refers to O'bama in disparaging terms, e.g. the suggestion that O'bama should be sent to the BP oil spill "so he can ******-rig it". Yup, big time Obamabot there.

Dumb shit.

Hey, I know. Maybe you can find some way to link Paula Deen with the Weather Underground. Wouldn't that be fun? I can't wait.

Last edited:
^^ another one of these hacks who thinks he can make a freaking TV cooking show into a political football. Ironically the legal complaint, when it refers to politics at all, only refers to O'bama in disparaging terms, e.g. the suggestion that O'bama should be sent to the BP oil spill "so he can ******-rig it". Yup, big time Obamabot there.

Dumb shit.

Hey, I know. Maybe you can find some way to link Paula Deen with the Weather Underground. Wouldn't that be fun? I can't wait.

Hey Pogo, you might be a liar, and you might be a moron, but at least you're a complete hack....

{Paula Deen (Democrat)

The Food Network star campaigned for Obama back in 2008, and invited his wife Michelle to cook with her during an episode of Paula's Party. Later, she said she "just loved" being around the First Lady, and praised her platform: encouraging kids and young adults to eat healthy and get plenty of exercise.}

Celebrities' Political Affiliations Pictures - Paula Deen (Democrat) - UsMagazine.com

Paula Dean, I have no sympathy for you. You are a Southern Democrat who supports the democrats in your state and supported and voted for obama twice. You had Ms. obama on your show and praised her.

This is what happens when you put progressives in power and support them. Everyone suffers and this time it came up and bit you in the ass. Stupidity should be painful.

Dumb shit.

Hey Pogo, you might be a liar, and you might be a moron, but at least you're a complete hack....

{Paula Deen (Democrat)

The Food Network star campaigned for Obama back in 2008, and invited his wife Michelle to cook with her during an episode of Paula's Party. Later, she said she "just loved" being around the First Lady, and praised her platform: encouraging kids and young adults to eat healthy and get plenty of exercise.}

Celebrities' Political Affiliations Pictures - Paula Deen (Democrat) - UsMagazine.com

The Overlord of Obtusity still doesn't get it. :banghead:

It's a cooking show. Not a political program.
It's an employment practices complaint. Not a political diatribe.

What you have by bringing in red herrings is called a "fallacy".

fal·la·cy (fl-s)
n. pl. fal·la·cies
1. A false notion.
2. A statement or an argument based on a false or invalid inference.
3. Incorrectness of reasoning or belief; erroneousness.
4. The quality of being deceptive.

Don't feel bad - PredFan just put a post in between that's as stupid as yours. At least you don't have to face your ignorance alone.

Now Hillary being in the Weather Underground --- that's another matter. That's all yours.

Last edited:

fal·la·cy (fl-s)
n. pl. fal·la·cies
1. A false notion.

Don't feel bad - PredFan just put a post in between that's as stupid as yours. At least you don't have to face your ignorance alone.

Now Hillary being in the Weather Underground --- that's another matter. That's all yours.

Deen is not a show, hack - Deen is a person. A person who has been a loyal Obama supporter.

It didn't keep her fellow leftists from savaging her. They'd turn on you just as fast, hack.

Artificial Lamestream Media -initiated shark feeding frenzies like the Paula Deen situation do not BEGIN life as 'political' but they quickly MORPH INTO something political...

This happens as the legal or societal controls over the media manifest themselves or otherwise become visible or clear, and as accountability-for-damage-done and the justice (or lack thereof) of the situation and all of the other aspects of such events come under scrutiny and discussion, some of which gain traction, and some of which do not...

To say that the Paula Deen Incident was 'policital' on Day One might have been a bit of a stretch, but as Day One unfolds, and spills over into other days, and as folks bring more aspects of legality and media-freedoms and accountability and pro-and-con political patterns to bear, it quickly BECOMES political...

As it has long-since become, by now...
wink_smile.gif

fal·la·cy (fl-s)
n. pl. fal·la·cies
1. A false notion.

Deen is not a show, hack - Deen is a person. A person who has been a loyal Obama supporter.

It didn't keep her fellow leftists from savaging her. They'd turn on you just as fast, hack.

Deen is a person, Hack, yes. And that person in her role as a cooking show host has nothing to do with politics, any more than it has to do with her being righthanded or a Capricorninan or a blonde. The TV show is not a function of any of that. The lawsuit is not a function of any of that. NONE of that is a function.

Now if you've got a nice link to Paula Deen's days in the Weather Underground, bring it in and we'll talk turkey. Until then, your fallacy tack is a hack.

What you're floating here is this -- ask Paula if she's got a recipe:
Red+Herring.gif

Last edited:
Artificial Lamestream Media -initiated shark feeding frenzies like the Paula Deen situation do not BEGIN life as 'political' but they quickly MORPH INTO something political...

This happens as the legal or societal controls over the media manifest themselves or otherwise become visible or clear, and as accountability-for-damage-done and the justice (or lack thereof) of the situation and all of the other aspects of such events come under scrutiny and discussion, some of which gain traction, and some of which do not...

To say that the Paula Deen Incident was 'policital' on Day One might have been a bit of a stretch, but as Day One unfolds, and spills over into other days, and as folks bring more aspects of legality and media-freedoms and accountability and pro-and-con political patterns to bear, it quickly BECOMES political...

wink_smile.gif

I'll correct my good avian friend with an appropriate preposition: it becomes pseudo-political. And that's only because hacks like Unsensical and TD and the other rhetorical raptors around these parts bring in specious demagoguic associations. The political angle is an delusion they feed themselves in a desperate attempt to make internet message board political points on the back of a celebrity's predicament. It has no basis in logic whatseover, and it's transparent in its bullshittity. So let's not give them the attention they obviously crave.

Off the topic Kondor3, I've been wondering... what did you do with Kondor 1 and 2?
Wouldn't involve Paula Deen and a whole lotta butter, would it?
smiley_bbq_zpsa404193d.gif

Last edited:
"...Off the topic Kondor3, I've been wondering... what did you do with Kondor 1 and 2?..."
They were bad Kondors... evil Kondors... so I killed them...
wink_smile.gif

Seriously... I'm the 3rd of my line... with the pompous Roman Numeral for three... III... as the suffix to my name... and when I chose 'Kondor' for a handle (long ago, elsewhere), and when the website wanted a number embedded in the user ID someplace, I just kinda naturally tossed the "3" at the tail-end of the handle, and it stuck...

"...Wouldn't involve Paula Deen and a whole lotta butter, would it?
smiley_bbq_zpsa404193d.gif
Nahhhh... she's not my type... and I don't do butter...

She said my favorite word. ;)

******, NIGGGER, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, NIGGGER, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, NIGGGER, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******'sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

It rolls off my tongue so nicely.

She said my favorite word. ;)

******, NIGGGER, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, NIGGGER, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, NIGGGER, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******, ******'sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

It rolls off my tongue so nicely.

Hey Matthew, some ass hole hacked into your account.

Might want to report that.

wink_smile.gif

sorry can't rep you for that...well said....

what liberals like Pogo don't understand is how Democrats have used PC opportunities like this to further their racial demogoguery in order to keep the black vote....which in the long run really hurts blacks more than it helps them...

to put things in historical perspective.....it was Republicans who pushed equal rights for blacks (during the Civil War and afterwards) for years and years while the segregationist Democrats fought the various Republican civil rights bills tooth-and-nail until eventually they saw the writing on the wall and the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was passed (overall with 82% Republicans and 66% Democrats).....which the Democrats then came to herald as THEIR legislative success and created the lie that THEY were the civil rights activists who saved the blacks from the treacherous Republicans....and have been doing so ever since...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back