Should Hip-Hop culture have been suppressed?

It would be 100% ignorance is only it wasn't 100% fact that white people buy up more hip hop than anyone else.

dear, nobody denies thats whites buy hip hop?? and???

So you're saying start with the biggest consumers...the whites, right?

start what???

Keep playing stupid, ok?

start what?? are you afraid to say? What does your fear teach you?

No that only started with the governments concerted effort to lock up young Black men..

dear blacks were making huge progress in America until they came under the influence of liberal communist leadership in the 1960's. Thats when their behavior declined and they started going to prison in large numbers. Thats when the black family came apart too.

Now do you understand?

LOL...listen to this guy! Blacks were making huge progress before the Civil Rights act! LOL

Is there really any doubt this guy is off?
Yeah. If it were left up to Skippy we would still be trying to get the right to vote. :laugh:

if you have evidence of that I will pay you $10,000. Bet or run away once again with your liberal tail between your legs
Read your posts if you want evidence Skippy. Its right above you.

LOL...listen to this guy! Blacks were making huge progress before the Civil Rights act! ?

so with most young black men in the prison system and 75% of blacks kids growing up in broken or never formed homes blacks are making more progress now???

See why we are 100% positve that liberalism is based in pure ignorance?? Is any other conclusion possible???
Yes. The other conclusion i already stated Skippy. You simply have no clue regarding the issue you are speaking on. IOW you have subpar reasoning skills and lack the intelligence to realize it.

LOL...listen to this guy! Blacks were making huge progress before the Civil Rights act! ?

so with most young black men in the prison system and 75% of blacks kids growing up in broken or never formed homes blacks are making more progress now???

See why we are 100% positve that liberalism is based in pure ignorance?? Is any other conclusion possible???
Yes. The other conclusion i already stated Skippy. You simply have no clue regarding the issue you are speaking on. IOW you have subpar reasoning skills and lack the intelligence to realize it.
Thug culture is a menace to ourselves - Washington Times
Thug culture is a menace to ourselves - Washington Times - Similarto Thug culture is a menace to ourselves - Washington Times

Dec 1, 2014 ... I would posit that we are now seeing the grandchildren of hip-hop turn into adults. These are kids who grew up on calling their women bitches ...

No that only started with the governments concerted effort to lock up young Black men..

dear blacks were making huge progress in America until they came under the influence of liberal communist leadership in the 1960's. Thats when their behavior declined and they started going to prison in large numbers. Thats when the black family came apart too.

Now do you understand?

LOL...listen to this guy! Blacks were making huge progress before the Civil Rights act! LOL

Is there really any doubt this guy is off?
Yeah. If it were left up to Skippy we would still be trying to get the right to vote. :laugh:

if you have evidence of that I will pay you $10,000. Bet or run away once again with your liberal tail between your legs
Read your posts if you want evidence Skippy. Its right above you.
THUG CULTURE IS A CANCER DESTROYING BLACK AMERICA - ...
THUG CULTURE IS A CANCER DESTROYING BLACK AMERICA - Discussion on Topix - Similarto THUG CULTURE IS A CANCER DESTROYING BLACK AMERICA - ...

Feb 14, 2013 ... thug culture is a cancer destroying black america .... When asked to explain what Hip Hop consists of, the majority of kids list violence and ...

Thug culture is a menace to ourselves - Washington Times - Similarto Thug culture is a menace to ourselves - Washington Times

Dec 1, 2014 ... I would posit that we are now seeing the grandchildren of hip-hop turn into adults. These are kids who grew up on calling their women bitches ...
Another opinion piece? Sorry but your attempt to cogently advance your argument has failed Skippy. I grew up with Hip Hop I have never called my woman a bitch. You watch too much TV. BTW Thug culture is not hip hop culture. If you dont know that then you are more ignorant than I thought.

Another opinion piece? Sorry but your attempt to cogently advance your argument has failed Skippy. I grew up with Hip Hop I have never called my woman a bitch. You watch too much TV BTW Thug culture is not hip hop culture. If you dont know that then you are more ignorant than I thought.
Hip hop culture, Thug mentality, page 1 - Above Top Secret
Hip hop culture Thug mentality page 1

I grew up listening to Hip Hop in what I would call its hey day during the ... I see people all day just hanging out acting out this thug mentality ..

It is no worse than the jazz age inciting bombings by anarchist...

Oh yes it is, its disgusting, with songs about bitches and hos and drugs and cop killing .Jazz had nothing like that.

That being said, allowing it is just part of having the freedom of speech, no different than those pigs at Westboro having the right to spew their shit.
Yep, we can't be afraid of words.

Mac says anyone can rap and a 3 year old can write a rap.

Amyone can sing and a 3 year old can write a song.

But thaylt doesnt mean the 3 year old doesnt suck ass cheeks at it.

Rapping/singing does not equal rapping and being good at it or singing and being good at it. Thats where your ignorance shines.

Cuz if you think its easy to be good at, put up or shaddap.

No waaaaaay Nicki Minaj and her booty could have been suppressed....
nicki-minaj-rolling-stone-photos-butt-topless-nude_2014-12-29_02-38-47.jpg

Also fun/friendly/awkward/ironic/racist is the people who hate what hip hop supposedly glorifies simultaneously ignore all the rock and other shit that does.

Drug culture was exascerbated by what? Rap? No, how about classic rock.

This is an interesting question in my opinion.

I often here, particularly from older generations, that hip-hop culture is "disgusting" or something to that effect.

For those that would say yes; how would you feel if a culture you identified with was suppressed? what about freedom of speech?

For those that would say no; do you think it's worth advocating a culture that some would find dangerous in the name of freedom of speech?

Absolutely not. It's the dumbfucks who try and live it like it's real life that are the problem. You Know..the low intelligence idiots?

There should be no suppression, but there can still be responsibility. I think people like Ice T, Allen Iverson, Tupac, etc. have some responsibility for shaping how Black men have chosen to present themselves, in music, in sports, in popular culture.

After 20+ years of Black men wanting to pose for photos as though they are gangsters, it's hard for that image to not stick.

It shows the power of advertising, over a long haul.

Shiiiiit..I'm a fifty year old white boy who was around for the beginning of rap and I still listen to some of it.
It aint the music anymore than metal is. It's the dumbfucks who take it to heart.
I prefer Southern rap based out of Houston...like this.

And this ...

Why have violent crimes gone down as rap and violence in movies and video games have gone up?

Umm...b/c people tend to be able to seperate their entertainment from how they actually act.

It is the people who think we are all a monolythic gullible flock of programmable drones that are the ACTUAL gullible ones projecting that THEIR media influences THEM.

Do you even know what Thuglife stands for?
I know what the impression it gives to people who aren't going to go to the trouble of researching Tupac Shakur.

When you advertise that you are a thug - whether it's posing with your guns, or drugs, or your gang signs, don't blame people for believing the message that is being sent.
People that cant be bothered with researching before they claim they know something are not being blamed. I'm just saying their opinions dont matter. Posing with guns, drugs or "gang signs" is pretty subjective. You could say this picture is the same thing you just described. Its all in how people are socialized to perceive it.

sniper11n-5-web.jpg
That is young White men emulating Black culture.
Gang signs, guns and drugs arent Black culture.

No...but they are hip-hop culture!

Hip-hop culture is just a reflection, so trying to suppress it is pointless.

"Rappers" who can't sing, "musicians" simulated on a keyboard, and lyrics glorifying crime and misogyny are all just examples of lowered cultural standards.

Rappers arent supposed to be singing. Thats why its called rap dufus. However, one of the greatest female rappers every was also so good of a singer her album was inducted into the Library of Congress. Meet the beautiful and insanely talented Lauryn Hill.

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill Will Be Entered Into the Library of Congress - The Root

51621690-singer-lauryn-hill-poses-with-her-five-grammy-awards.jpg.CROP.rtstoryvar-medium.jpg

Anyone can "rap". A three year old can write a poem and "rap" it with zero (0) musical ability.

That means that singers can rap. From Lauryn Hill to Tony Bennett to Jimmy Buffett to Sammy Hagar.

Big deal.

Zero musical ability? Lmfao. Sounds like someone's jealous. You can't prove to me that it takes no musical ability, because that would be a lie. Newsflash: just because you dont like music doesnt mean it takes no skill.

I bet you think electronic music takes no skill either. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

It takes computer skill...not music skill.

I would love to see some of the modern pop stars put on an ACOUSTIC show. No autotune, no over-dubs...a live, acoustic show!

Forum List

Back