Should mental and physical exams be required for presidents?

“The portrait of an unfit president in a dysfunctional administration at a time the world is characterized by mounting disarray adds up to a truly dangerous moment in history. The best that can be hoped for is drift. The worst to be feared is a disaster of some magnitude somewhere.”

— Council on Foreign Relations president Richard Haass, on Twitter.

I think recent events have proven that Congress should make such tests a requirement for the presidency.

I seriously believe mental and physical evaluations should be mandatory before and during one's presidency. I'm less concerned about Congress critters - because there are hundreds of them. But there is only ONE
president.
Why not for the house, senate and Supreme Court justices also? Perhaps it would wipe out half of those that currently hold office, both Democrats and Republicans.
/-----/ And how do you Libs plan on creating this test? Who will administer it, a Left leaning Libtard Moonbat Psychologist? Who will evaluate it? The odds of you clowns having a fair and unbiased test is as remote as the Titanic floating to the surface and completing its maiden voyage to New York.
My response to Lakhota was scarcastic.
/---/ I know but I posted from my iPhone and couldn't find another post. It wasn't directed at you. Sorry
No problem!

I think recent events have proven that Congress should make such tests a requirement for the presidency.

I seriously believe mental and physical evaluations should be mandatory before and during one's presidency. I'm less concerned about Congress critters - because there are hundreds of them. But there is only ONE president.
/----/ Did you ever consider the president that action would create? Once a party is in power they could effectively block any and all opposition from running for office. Is that what you want?
Probably once a Democrat is in office!

It does not matter since the ONLY way to change the requirements for office are through the amendment process.

DSt6bDLUMAANV6-

I seriously believe mental and physical evaluations should be mandatory before and during one's presidency. I'm less concerned about Congress critters - because there are hundreds of them. But there is only ONE president.
You do know that a physical exam would have prevented Hillary from running since she has Parkinsons disease

Spread your fake news shit somewhere else.
Accept the truth, you voted for a loser with Parkinsons disease

I voted for the winner - by about 3 million votes. Oh, and your Parkinson's conspiracy theory has been debunked many times.

She lost.

You do know that a physical exam would have prevented Hillary from running since she has Parkinsons disease

I voted for the winner - by about 3 million votes. Oh, and your Parkinson's conspiracy theory has been debunked many times.

She lost.

The mentally retarded are under no obligation to accept the truth

I completely agree. Can you image this drunken brain damaged bitch being our President?

Lol!

The game doesn't go to the team with more offensive yards, sweet heart. Only the actual points decide.

Should a basic civics test be required before someone can vote? You know, like being able to name the three branches of government, name five presidents, name five vice presidents, name who was president during the Civil War, state how long Senators and Representatives serve for, that sort of basic stuff.

If such a voting test were required, Republicans would hold a 2/3 majority in Congress.
Yeah conservatives tried this gambit in the South after the Civil War. One set of questions for the whites and another set for the blacks. Seems the questions were stacked against blacks and even some historians were not able to answer. I would love to make up such a test.
"Name the presidents of the United States, indicate the years they served
and their greatest achievement?"

I would not trust a mental exam. So no.

I would not trust a mental exam. So no.
Again, in order to have ANY test would require an amendment to the US Constitution so not gonna happen anyway.

The candidates could do it today voluntarily. Republicans could get a staff of their doctors and Democrats their staff and America would only be reassured there were Democrat and Republican doctors.

DEFINITELY. Background checks back to birth records, physical, mental--and INCOME TAX RETURNS!

183318_600.jpg

DEFINITELY. Background checks back to birth records, physical, mental--and INCOME TAX RETURNS!

183318_600.jpg
man, you really want to see his tax return. you still haven't stated what it will tell you.

183318_600.jpg
man, you really want to see his tax return. you still haven't stated what it will tell you.
Maybe reveal his dealings with Russia??? Maybe about hiding money?

Forum List

Back