Should mental and physical exams be required for presidents?

Not needed. Make sure the RESIDENTS get them before giving them a voting card.
You do that and the last 9 retards would have never even made it to the finals

I think recent events have proven that Congress should make such tests a requirement for the presidency.

I seriously believe mental and physical evaluations should be mandatory before and during one's presidency. I'm less concerned about Congress critters - because there are hundreds of them. But there is only ONE president.
I think there should be a bar set for mental and physical abilities. It should be done before the primaries start. Everyone who wants to run should have to go to a non-partisan government doctor and get a complete physical. If we had done that, we would probably have weeded out both Trump and Clinton and had better choices to make. Though Sanders is old, he seems pretty fit. It isn't age I'm concerned about but both physical and mental health.

I think recent events have proven that Congress should make such tests a requirement for the presidency.
Ask Hillary's opinion. She would obviously fail that test.

And I doubt any recent Democrat can pass your test: you guys seem to be mentally ill and your "leaders" are successfully turning your country into a Zoo at the taxpayers' expense.
Hillary might fail the physical test, but Trump would definitely fail the mental one.

No

Otherwise Jack Kennedy would have never become President

And I like Jack.

Who has nothing to do with present day Democrats.

FDR wouldn't have been US President either

You misunderstand the physical requirement. It would be about being able to carry out the demands of the job. Kennedy had back problems, but they were not debilitating. FDR was in a wheelchair: had nothing to do with carrying out the demands of the job. Both Trump and Clinton seem not strong, not able to carry out the demands of the job because they probably are prime candidates for certain diseases or heart attack and stroke. They are not fit.

I seriously believe mental and physical evaluations should be mandatory before and during one's presidency. I'm less concerned about Congress critters - because there are hundreds of them. But there is only ONE president.
What makes you think they aren’t?

Before I started working at a nuclear facility, I went through a physical and mental evaluation. I was hearing about neighbors being questioned shortly before being accepted.
Trump is long overdue for serious psychological examinations!!!!!

Trump is far more well adjusted than any of the dumbass snowflakes that attack him.

Yeah, sure he is...

fucking-idiot-1-730x900.jpg

Let me get this straight: you think the NY Post is an authoritative source?

Talk about fucking idiots.

No

And I like Jack.

You misunderstand the physical requirement. It would be about being able to carry out the demands of the job. Kennedy had back problems, but they were not debilitating. FDR was in a wheelchair: had nothing to do with carrying out the demands of the job. Both Trump and Clinton seem not strong, not able to carry out the demands of the job because they probably are prime candidates for certain diseases or heart attack and stroke. They are not fit.
Anyone who believes Hillary was physically in better shape than Trump is a fucking moron. She preactically had to be wheeled in to the debates in a wheel chair. I loved that video where she got stiff as a board and had to have two guys throw her into her van.

No

And I like Jack.

Anyone who believes Hillary was physically in better shape than Trump is a fucking moron. She preactically had to be wheeled in to the debates in a wheel chair. I loved that video where she got stiff as a board and had to have two guys throw her into her van.
rolling eyes.gif

Congress doesn't get to unilaterally assert that sort of power over the political process or over the executive branch. Separation of powers.

And who would decide what the standard is for someone to be mentally fit for the office? You really want a republican controlled House to put forward the doctor that's gonna decide whether a democrat president-elect is of sound enough mind to take control of the executive? You really think that only honest people who believe what you believe will ever get ahold of that lever? Lol. It amazes me when people on the left honestly believe that we've managed to elect the next Hitler, yet still maintain their faith that giving government positions massive authority won't end with someone corrupt using that authority to truly fuck the people. What a crazy level of cognitive dissonance.

Should a basic civics test be required before someone can vote? You know, like being able to name the three branches of government, name five presidents, name five vice presidents, name who was president during the Civil War, state how long Senators and Representatives serve for, that sort of basic stuff.

If such a voting test were required, Republicans would hold a 2/3 majority in Congress.

Should a basic civics test be required before someone can vote? You know, like being able to name the three branches of government, name five presidents, name five vice presidents, name who was president during the Civil War, state how long Senators and Representatives serve for, that sort of basic stuff.

If such a voting test were required, Republicans would hold a 2/3 majority in Congress.
I doubt I could name 5 vice presidents.

Yeah, give 'em a quiz and require 'em to own land. Anything else?

You do know that a physical exam would have prevented Hillary from running since she has Parkinsons disease

You do know that a physical exam would have prevented Hillary from running since she has Parkinsons disease

Spread your fake news shit somewhere else.

Accept the truth, you voted for a loser with Parkinsons disease

I voted for the winner - by about 3 million votes. Oh, and your Parkinson's conspiracy theory has been debunked many times.

I voted for the winner - by about 3 million votes. Oh, and your Parkinson's conspiracy theory has been debunked many times.

You keep telling yourself that kid, even as Hillary is carried away in a straight jacket

If Hillary won she was pretty stupid for conceding right?????????????

LOL

You keep telling yourself that kid, even as Hillary is carried away in a straight jacket

LOL

But, but, but Hillary. Since Hillary doesn't reside in the White House - there is no need for her to have mental and physical exams.

LOL

MW-FA227_Trump__20161115103300_ZH.jpg

LOL

But, but, but Hillary. Since Hillary doesn't reside in the White House - there is no need for her to have mental and physical exams.

So you only want exams given after the election......................

Well kid it took a real loser to figure that out

Yeah.....we'll just allow democrat psychiatrists to evaluate Republican candidates....that makes a bunch of sense. They have already used the State Department, the Department of Justice, the FBI, and the IRS, and the FISA courts to go after republicans...why not turn democrat shrinks on them....

Moron....

Forum List

Back