Should paying taxes be a requirement to vote?

Should paying taxes be a requirement to vote?

• Yes

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • No

Votes: 19 48.7%

• Total voters

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Should paying Income taxes, either at the state or Federal be a requirement to vote? It's like letting people who don't own stock, vote on company activities, compensation, policies, etc

Seniors who paid in their entire lives would, of course, be eligible to vote

Nuts.

Just plain nuts

Last edited:
While I believe more than " I claim to be a citizen, and no I won't show ID" is not a good enough standard, I believe you are referring to income tax, and no that shouldn't be a requirement to vote.

It would be kind of interesting if we had to show a valid tax return upon entering a voting booth. It would be a good way to clear out voter fraud but one would have to wonder how the democratic party would win an election if we did that.

Should paying taxes be a requirement to vote? It's like letting people who don't own stock, vote on company activities, compensation, policies, etc

Nuts.

Just plain nuts

No, you should not have to pay taxes, but you shouldn't be getting a check of other people's money. That's a clear conflict of interest, the opportunity to vote yourself money. But I see no reason someone self sufficient who doesn't take government money or give government money should be cut out of the process

Should paying taxes be a requirement to vote? It's like letting people who don't own stock, vote on company activities, compensation, policies, etc

Nuts.

Just plain nuts

No, you should not have to pay taxes, but you shouldn't be getting a check of other people's money. That's a clear conflict of interest, the opportunity to vote yourself money

You try to vote yourself money every time you vote.

FIRST, the federal tax system should be unified, and the separate counting for SS and Medicare should be eliminated. There is no "Social Security Trust Fund," and there never has been, so we need to remove that illusion. Of course, rates would have to be adjusted so that the tax unification would be "revenue neutral."

SECOND, all income should be taxed. Welfare, unemployment, pensions...EVERYTHING.

THIRD, the IRS should issue voter ID cards to everyone who has paid at least a set amount in federal taxes. At least $500. People who pay no tax or a negative tax (Earned-Income Tax Credit) cannot vote. People who are retired and collecting social security would be "grandfathered" for life.

And of course, FOURTH, no one should be permitted to vote without their IRS-issued ID card, accompanied by another picture ID.

Nuts.

Just plain nuts

No, you should not have to pay taxes, but you shouldn't be getting a check of other people's money. That's a clear conflict of interest, the opportunity to vote yourself money. But I see no reason someone self sufficient who doesn't take government money or give government money should be cut out of the process
Many seniors pay no income taxes....Yet they never get a govt. check for welfare..You want to alienate them also?

FIRST, the federal tax system should be unified, and the separate counting for SS and Medicare should be eliminated. There is no "Social Security Trust Fund," and there never has been, so we need to remove that illusion. Of course, rates would have to be adjusted so that the tax unification would be "revenue neutral."

SECOND, all income should be taxed. Welfare, unemployment, pensions...EVERYTHING.

THIRD, the IRS should issue voter ID cards to everyone who has paid at least a set amount in federal taxes. At least $500. People who pay no tax or a negative tax (Earned-Income Tax Credit) cannot vote. People who are retired and collecting social security would be "grandfathered" for life.

And of course, FOURTH, no one should be permitted to vote without their IRS-issued ID card, accompanied by another picture ID.
Get outta here despot...

The income tax is nothing but a massive scam. Less than 10 percent that is collected ever makes it into the alleged Treasury and USA.INC doesn't need the money anyways. They make more money from their investments per year than the entire GDP of the private sector. Per year they collect almost 4 times more than they need and that even includes a bloated military budget. Its all in the CAFR that every corporation is required to file yearly and its not something that they want you to know. I say its time for complete disclosure as well as some auditing done.

The income tax is nothing but a massive scam. Less than 10 percent that is collected ever makes it into the alleged Treasury and USA.INC doesn't need the money anyways. They make more money from their investments per year than the entire GDP of the private sector. Per year they collect almost 4 times more than they need and that even includes a bloated military budget. Its all in the CAFR that every corporation is required to file yearly and its not something that they want you to know. I say its time for complete disclosure as well as some auditing done.
What's even more astounding is,,,,the income tax amendment never passed.....But they made people pay income taxes anyway..Income tax is a violation of Article I, Section 2 and Section 9

The absolute freaking last thing you want is to have the already crooked IRS be in charge of who is eligible to vote in presidential elections.

Sure right after you insure EVERY person gets a living wage so they actually need to pay taxes. Until then nope. I prefer IQ test or reading test or just a simply knowledge of the candidates test.

Forum List

Back