Should The Government Cut Back On Welfare Benefits or Should They Be More Generous?

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day
Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime

But what do you do if there are no fish in his pond?

Or no pond? What if there's no gravity? What do we do then?

It should be cut drastically. The reason we have income inequality is because we have made poverty a viable option for too many people.
What kinds of jobs are available to most of the poor? Remember that many of the poor live in blighted small towns and rural communities or in urban ghettos far from many employment opportunities. Many of the poor are not only hungry, but poorly educated. Are there a lot of job creators scrambling to serve them with decent employment?

Or are you just arguing from anecdote and typical Conservative bumper sticker thinking?

Is it easier to sneer at the disadvantaged or actually provide a decent job for them? Should we always favor the easy path?

There are jobs available. Not as many as Obama wants us to believe, but we make poverty a viable option. That is the problem
Is that why the Black unemployment rate is still in double digits? Because there are jobs available? What jobs? Where?

Sorry.
Your post makes no sense. Try again
Don't try analogies with Conservatives. You have to write short, concise sentences using words with no more than three syllables. Anything greater is too taxing on their limited intellect.

Really? When could you raise a family on min wage?
I started working making minimum wage in the seventies. Two dollars an hour
You could pay for college buy a new car or get an apartment on minimum wage

Before the days of trickle down

You're saying you could buy a car and rent an apartment and raise a family at two bucks an hour?
Bullshit.
You can however rent an apartment with all bills paid for 600 bucks in Houston right now. So yes you can live on min wage.
My first apartment was $150 a month. I could have afforded it on $2 an hour. I think I made
$6 at the time

You just said two bucks an hour.
Have your math skills always been this poor?

Have your lying skills always been this poor?
I mean you cant even keep your story straight from one post to the next.

It should be cut drastically. The reason we have income inequality is because we have made poverty a viable option for too many people.
The poor do not suffer enough

Think so? Perhaps you are right. I just know that the problem is that we are making it a viable option.
You mean living should not be a viable option?

No dumbass, I mean choosing to live off welfare, as a parasite, but you knew that.

What kinds of jobs are available to most of the poor? Remember that many of the poor live in blighted small towns and rural communities or in urban ghettos far from many employment opportunities. Many of the poor are not only hungry, but poorly educated. Are there a lot of job creators scrambling to serve them with decent employment?

Or are you just arguing from anecdote and typical Conservative bumper sticker thinking?

Is it easier to sneer at the disadvantaged or actually provide a decent job for them? Should we always favor the easy path?

There are jobs available. Not as many as Obama wants us to believe, but we make poverty a viable option. That is the problem
Is that why the Black unemployment rate is still in double digits? Because there are jobs available? What jobs? Where?

Yes, the unemployment rate in the black community is in double digits for several reasons, one of them is because if they don't want to work, they are provided for.

What really needs to happen is a complete overhaul to the system and have enough workers out in the field making sure the right people are getting the help they need,, not these lazy ass people who could certainly work.

I recall seeing an article about people in Seattle asking their employers to cut back in their hours because the new $15/hour minimum wage is making them unqualified for welfare.

I started working making minimum wage in the seventies. Two dollars an hour
You could pay for college buy a new car or get an apartment on minimum wage

Before the days of trickle down

You're saying you could buy a car and rent an apartment and raise a family at two bucks an hour?
Bullshit.
You can however rent an apartment with all bills paid for 600 bucks in Houston right now. So yes you can live on min wage.
My first apartment was $150 a month. I could have afforded it on $2 an hour. I think I made
$6 at the time

You just said two bucks an hour.
Have your math skills always been this poor?

Have your lying skills always been this poor?
I mean you cant even keep your story straight from one post to the next.
Still don't understand math do ya?
Try a calculator or get s seven year old to explain

Think so? Perhaps you are right. I just know that the problem is that we are making it a viable option.

No dumbass, I mean choosing to live off welfare, as a parasite, but you knew that.
Again the problem is more than people being leeches. It is a breakdown of communities and ways of life

Sorry.
Your post makes no sense. Try again
Don't try analogies with Conservatives. You have to write short, concise sentences using words with no more than three syllables. Anything greater is too taxing on their limited intellect.
Gravity.....

Is this guy clueless or what

Again the problem is more than people being leeches. It is a breakdown of communities and ways of life

Oh, no doubt, but throwing more money at them won't fix that.

I support a universal basic income, remove all of these difficult hard to manage separate programs..

Oh, no doubt, but throwing more money at them won't fix that.
Neither will cutting people's benefits

Until we bring some employment opportunities into those communities we can expect higher welfare

the way to bring more employment opportunities to them is to stop having government ravage the people and businesses who provide them with jobs

Forum List

Back