Should The Government Cut Back On Welfare Benefits or Should They Be More Generous?

Think so? Perhaps you are right. I just know that the problem is that we are making it a viable option.
You mean living should not be a viable option?

No dumbass, I mean choosing to live off welfare, as a parasite, but you knew that.
Again the problem is more than people being leeches. It is a breakdown of communities and ways of life

Oh, no doubt, but throwing more money at them won't fix that.
Neither will cutting people's benefits

They are not benefits, they are handouts

Government has to be scaled way back in general. It's too big and too oppressive. Welfare needs to change with that in mind. There has to be tougher standards and requirements. Things like Community Service should be required of Welfare recipients. They should contribute and give back in some way. No more couch potato sittin around stuff. They should be required to serve the community in some way.

And for God's sake, Government needs to stop encouraging Welfare recipients to have more children. That policy needs to end immediately. I know it was designed by the usual suspects to get em hooked on it, but man it's completely out of control. If anything, we should be encouraging them to have less children. Right now the System is set up for them to benefit more by having more kids. Tougher standards and requirements will naturally weed out the lazy abusers of the System. A big cut back will be the end-result.

You mean living should not be a viable option?

No dumbass, I mean choosing to live off welfare, as a parasite, but you knew that.
Again the problem is more than people being leeches. It is a breakdown of communities and ways of life

A benefit of being in our society

Begging the question. They aren't benefits, they are handouts

I live in the dot .com area of California and the homes/ food/ basic living costs have hit the roof due to the amount of rich people from facebook, google, ect.
The people making minium wage can not survive and are having to move further and further out. Basically San Francisco has very few people to do the crap work now because the workers have had to move away.

Something needs to be done, many of these people on welfare are stuck and they make it very hard to get out of the catch 22 system of welfare.

Thankfully I bought my home way before the craziness of what happened in this area.

Take it up with the OP

Take it up with the OP

Why, you gave your manhood to the OP?

How does being born in our society mean you merit handouts?

Take it up with the OP

Do you take a deduction.....I mean handout on your children as dependents?

How about your mortgage handout

Just like the Border, there has to be a will to change. Tougher standards and requirements will naturally weed out the lazy abusers of the System. Things like requiring Community Service, scare the shit out of the lazy abusers. They most likely won't meet the requirements, and therefore can be dropped.

Welfare recipients have to be required to give back in some way. Doing some good in a Community is one of they ways they can do that. But in the end, it's all about will. Do we have the will to really change?

Take it up with the OP

Yes, comrade, not taking people's money is the same as giving people money. All money is the people's money

Just like the Border, there has to be a will to change. Tougher standards and requirements will naturally weed out the lazy abusers of the System. Things like requiring Community Service, scare the shit out of the lazy abusers. They most likely won't meet the requirements, and therefore can be dropped.

Welfare recipients have to be required to give back in some way. Doing some good in a Community is one of they ways they can do that. But in the end, it's all about will. Do we have the will to really change?

Heh.. Yep, That's the whole point of welfare dependency. Get 'em on the hook and we own their asses.

Take it up with the OP

Yes, comrade, not taking people's money is the same as giving people money. All money is the people's money
So you took a handout to raise your kids

Why should you get to pay less taxes than someone without kids. It was your choice to have them

Heh.. Yep, That's the whole point of welfare dependency. Get 'em on the hook and we own their asses.

Yes that's true. Some want Citizens to be hooked on the Freebies. It is about control. There just has to be tougher standards and requirements. Welfare recipients have to be encouraged to strive for something better. Right now they're being encouraged to sit on the couch, eating their cheetos, and shittin out more kids.

It's obvious the System is broken. There has to be more requirements like Community Service. Require they get out there and give something back to the Community. That would be a good start to weeding out the lazy abusers.

Take it up with the OP

Why should you get to pay less taxes than someone without kids. It was your choice to have them

Right, comrade, government not taking people's money is "giving" them money. You mentioned that, comrade big guy

Take it up with the OP

Right, comrade, government not taking people's money is "giving" them money. You mentioned that, comrade big guy

It's not much different, kaz. Using the tax code to manipulate people is no less corrupting than using 'benefits'. It's all the same corporatist game.

Take it up with the OP

In fairness, Corporate Fatcats have benfited from Corporate Welfare for many many years. They always have their hand out. Don't kid yourself thinking otherwise.

The welfare system is way too large right now, and discourages work by the generous payments it gives out, and the way it is structured. If we were to cut welfare benefits, the government would save money through less welfare funding, and earn more money through income taxes since more people would be getting jobs via the discouragement of living off a super small pay-check.
Slash them with a Ginsu knife. Screw those deadbeat bastards.

It's not much different, kaz. Using the tax code to manipulate people is no less corrupting than using 'benefits'. It's all the same corporatist game.

Right, so government not taking my money is giving me money. so much for you being a libertarian

In fairness, Corporate Fatcats have benfited from Corporate Welfare for many many years. They always have their hand out. Don't kid yourself thinking otherwise.

Usually liberals by "corporate welfare" mean allowing companies to deduct their expenses. Is that what you mean? Or do you mean something else? I need a better definition.

I also have zero idea what your pulling that out of your ass means that I'm somehow "kidding" myself since it has nothing to do with what I said

You're saying you could buy a car and rent an apartment and raise a family at two bucks an hour?
Bullshit.
You can however rent an apartment with all bills paid for 600 bucks in Houston right now. So yes you can live on min wage.
My first apartment was $150 a month. I could have afforded it on $2 an hour. I think I made
$6 at the time

You just said two bucks an hour.
Have your math skills always been this poor?

Have your lying skills always been this poor?
I mean you cant even keep your story straight from one post to the next.
Still don't understand math do ya?
Try a calculator or get s seven year old to explain

My math is fine...although your spelling could use some improvement.

Forum List

Back