Should The Government Cut Back On Welfare Benefits or Should They Be More Generous?

Do you take a deduction.....I mean handout on your children as dependents?

How about your mortgage handout

Yes, comrade, not taking people's money is the same as giving people money. All money is the people's money
So you took a handout to raise your kids

Why should you get to pay less taxes than someone without kids. It was your choice to have them

Right, comrade, government not taking people's money is "giving" them money. You mentioned that, comrade big guy

In fairness, Corporate Fatcats have benfited from Corporate Welfare for many many years. They always have their hand out. Don't kid yourself thinking otherwise.

Usually liberals by "corporate welfare" mean allowing companies to deduct their expenses. Is that what you mean? Or do you mean something else? I need a better definition.

I also have zero idea what your pulling that out of your ass means that I'm somehow "kidding" myself since it has nothing to do with what I said

Corporate Fatcats and Government are partners in crime. They're not the adversaries you see them as. Our Government can now best be described as a Government/Corporate Complex. Our nation is all about Corporatism now. Businesses are in bed with Government and always have their hands out. It is what it is.

The welfare system is way too large right now, and discourages work by the generous payments it gives out, and the way it is structured. If we were to cut welfare benefits, the government would save money through less welfare funding, and earn more money through income taxes since more people would be getting jobs via the discouragement of living off a super small pay-check.
Promoting the general welfare is in our social Contract.

Our obligation is to solve simple poverty, and then blame Individuals for staying poor on an at-will basis.

Yes, comrade, not taking people's money is the same as giving people money. All money is the people's money
So you took a handout to raise your kids

Why should you get to pay less taxes than someone without kids. It was your choice to have them

Right, comrade, government not taking people's money is "giving" them money. You mentioned that, comrade big guy

It's not much different, kaz. Using the tax code to manipulate people is no less corrupting than using 'benefits'. It's all the same corporatist game.

Right, so government not taking my money is giving me money. so much for you being a libertarian

Settle down and focus. Government taking more from those who don't do as the state specifies, and taking less from those who do, is state coercion. Surely you get that, yeah?

We can provide Welfare, and make sure it doesn't go to lazy abusers of the System. It can be done. It just takes will. Strengthen the standards and requirements, and the lazy abusers will naturally fall by the wayside.

Lazy moochers hate anything being required of them. It's their worst nightmare. They won't meet those requirements. They'll naturally be weeded out. There's your big cut back.

Why not simplify Government to lower our tax burden? There must be a simpler way and means to solve simple poverty in our Republic.

Think so? Perhaps you are right. I just know that the problem is that we are making it a viable option.
You mean living should not be a viable option?

No dumbass, I mean choosing to live off welfare, as a parasite, but you knew that.
Again the problem is more than people being leeches. It is a breakdown of communities and ways of life

Oh, no doubt, but throwing more money at them won't fix that.
Neither will cutting people's benefits

Maybe, but that isn't the point. We are making poverty a viable option for many and that is wrong, counterproductive, and unsustainable.

They are not benefits, they are handouts
A benefit of being in our society

Begging the question. They aren't benefits, they are handouts
Take it up with the OP

Why, you gave your manhood to the OP?

How does being born in our society mean you merit handouts?

It isn't a handout, it's our money.

The welfare system is way too large right now, and discourages work by the generous payments it gives out, and the way it is structured. If we were to cut welfare benefits, the government would save money through less welfare funding, and earn more money through income taxes since more people would be getting jobs via the discouragement of living off a super small pay-check.
Three Billion Dollars

Does that question include Corporate Welfare, like the ($3,000,000,000.00) a quarter to the Oil Companies?

Why not simplify Government to lower our tax burden? There must be a simpler way and means to solve simple poverty in our Republic.
You can start by sterilizing all poor people.
The Rich can't endlessly help the poor if they keep multiplying.

A benefit of being in our society

Take it up with the OP

No it's someone's else's money because you paid nothing in taxes to get back via the deduction. Thus it's a handout.

Take it up with the OP

No it's someone's else's money because you paid nothing in taxes to get back via the deduction. Thus it's a handout.

Wtf are you talking about? A deduction allows me to keep More of my money, it's not even close to a handout.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Take it up with the OP

Wtf are you talking about? A deduction allows me to keep More of my money, it's not even close to a handout.
no a deduction allows you to receive a refund even though you paid nothing in via the unearned income tax credit.

Only a capital, bottom line ethic instead of a social ethic and moral of "goodwill toward men" Person on the right?

Why is Capitalism so useless to those of your point of view.

We could be lowering our Tax burden through Commerce (well regulated); it is like enabling the "having of plenty of bondo"; what could go wrong.

The Dept. of Agriculture administers the food stamp program and they're proud to be able to keep up with the record numbers.
The Dept of the Interior administers the national parks.

When you go to a national park you'll see signs that say "Please don't feed the animals".

The logic being that if they become dependent on handouts they will stop doing for them selves and start relying on the handouts ....and if they don't get their free food when they want it they could become aggressive and have to be put down.

no a deduction allows you to receive a refund even though you paid nothing in via the unearned income tax credit.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

The Dept. of Agriculture administers the food stamp program and they're proud to be able to keep up with the record numbers.
The Dept of the Interior administers the national parks.

When you go to a national park you'll see signs that say "Please don't feed the animals".

The logic being that if they become dependent on handouts they will stop doing for them selves and start relying on the handouts ....and if they don't get their free food when they want it they could become aggressive and have to be put down.
I believe we should "teach" Hominidae, self reliance and help fill their own kibble dispensers.

You can't constitutionally do that, but what you can do is make sterilization a requirement to get government benefits.

That's a state-by-state issue.

And the welfare (public assistance to the poor and working poor) system is relatively small.

Get better educated about the difference between welfare and entitlements and where they overlap.

Three Billion Dollars

Does that question include Corporate Welfare, like the ($3,000,000,000.00) a quarter to the Oil Companies?

Our government doesn't give anything to oil companies. All they can do with oil companies is take less away from them.

Actually there is:

Poverty means what? I means little or no money.

The solution to poverty is money.

There is one reliable way to get money, and that is by getting a job.

Also spending restrictions help greatly such as not starting a family before you are financially capable of taking care of that family.

Forum List

Back