Should The Rich Be Required To Pay Higher Taxes In the US?

Your worldwide income is subject to U.S. income tax, regardless of where you reside.

Not true. If you reside somewhere else and earn income somewhere else, the US has no authority to tax you. You seem to think the US has some kind of taxing power that enables them to go all over the world taxing people in different countries because they happen to be US citizens. They don't.

Your taxes are paid on the income you claim in the US. If I make $10 million in Germany and claim it as income in the US, then I pay taxes on it.

Damn my back hand is sore Bubba

All taxes are to high and taxing income is theft. We should have a 4 percent consumption tax and that's it. Then government would need to cut spending. Spending is the real problem and the idiot progressives who demand more because they hate thier children

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

4%? LOL, Somalia here we come, lol
Why do you hate your kids? You must because you are leaving them crushing debt in a country that is not Better for them then it was as for you.

All taxes are to high and taxing income is theft. We should have a 4 percent consumption tax and that's it. Then government would need to cut spending. Spending is the real problem and the idiot progressives who demand more because they hate thier children

Why do you hate your kids? You must because you are leaving them crushing debt in a country that is not Better for them then it was as for you.

Yeah, it was the Dems who gutted tax revenues as they gutted taxes for the rich AND then ramped up spending on the credit card *shaking head*

Fukkn morons

Yeah, it was the Dems who gutted tax revenues as they gutted taxes for the rich AND then ramped up spending on the credit card *shaking head*

Fukkn morons
Wow .... total lack of reality.

Workers are much happier when Wages rise vs Prices. Clinton & Obama did the best. Bush #2 was The Worst President!
fredgraph.png

Your worldwide income is subject to U.S. income tax, regardless of where you reside.

Not true. If you reside somewhere else and earn income somewhere else, the US has no authority to tax you. You seem to think the US has some kind of taxing power that enables them to go all over the world taxing people in different countries because they happen to be US citizens. They don't.

Your taxes are paid on the income you claim in the US. If I make $10 million in Germany and claim it as income in the US, then I pay taxes on it.

"Not true. If you reside somewhere else and earn income somewhere else, the US has no authority to tax you. You seem to think the US has some kind of taxing power that enables them to go all over the world taxing people in different countries because they happen to be US citizens. They don't."

LOL

US Federal Tax Liability: Expat Tax USA
When moving overseas, one of the biggest questions many have concerns Expat Tax. Unfortunately, America is one of a handful of countries that vigorously pursues taxes worldwide – so don’t expect to avoid a U.S. tax debt by moving overseas. As a matter of fact, you’re not even allowed to give up your U.S. citizenship to eliminate a tax obligation.

Be aware that America has tax treaties with over 42 countries where the IRS and the foreign tax agencies exchange tax data on their residents. Many Americans think because they’re earning money in another country – and paying that country’s taxes – they have no liability when it comes to their home country and that they are not required to pay expat tax USA. That’s totally not the case. You still should file a return with the U.S. every year, whether you have income or not. You are not legally required to do so if you don’t owe U.S. taxes, but it’s an important preventative measure as there is a Statute of Limitations on tax disputes. If there is a dispute over back taxes, you start running out the clock on the Statute of Limitations if you file. If you don’t, the IRS can conduct a personal audit at any time in the future and you’ll be liable if they decide against you.

The IRS provides a tax guide for citizens living abroad, this can be found here. There are also some basic facts you need to know about taxation in 2012.

Tax liabilities if you are a US citizen living abroad. : Expat Info Desk

I am an American living and working abroad. Do I need to file a US tax return?

Regardless of where you live now, being a United States citizen requires that you file a yearly tax return with the IRS. Green card holders and all US citizens are required to file a US return, no matter where they live, as long as their income (earned in the US and abroad) is just over $9,000. Many people wrongly assume that because they have never owed money to the IRS, they simply don't have to file. Earning anything over $9,350.00 does require you to file, however. The US has treaties with many foreign countries that will reduce or even eliminate actual owed tax. You cannot, however, take advantage of these benefits if you don't file.

US Taxes While Living Abroad FAQ :: American Citizens Abroad (ACA)

You are not legally required to do so if you don’t owe U.S. taxes...

Argument over, you lose. Sorry... try again later.

"Not true. If you reside somewhere else and earn income somewhere else, the US has no authority to tax you. You seem to think the US has some kind of taxing power that enables them to go all over the world taxing people in different countries because they happen to be US citizens. They don't."

LOL

US Federal Tax Liability: Expat Tax USA
When moving overseas, one of the biggest questions many have concerns Expat Tax. Unfortunately, America is one of a handful of countries that vigorously pursues taxes worldwide – so don’t expect to avoid a U.S. tax debt by moving overseas. As a matter of fact, you’re not even allowed to give up your U.S. citizenship to eliminate a tax obligation.

Be aware that America has tax treaties with over 42 countries where the IRS and the foreign tax agencies exchange tax data on their residents. Many Americans think because they’re earning money in another country – and paying that country’s taxes – they have no liability when it comes to their home country and that they are not required to pay expat tax USA. That’s totally not the case. You still should file a return with the U.S. every year, whether you have income or not. You are not legally required to do so if you don’t owe U.S. taxes, but it’s an important preventative measure as there is a Statute of Limitations on tax disputes. If there is a dispute over back taxes, you start running out the clock on the Statute of Limitations if you file. If you don’t, the IRS can conduct a personal audit at any time in the future and you’ll be liable if they decide against you.

The IRS provides a tax guide for citizens living abroad, this can be found here. There are also some basic facts you need to know about taxation in 2012.

Tax liabilities if you are a US citizen living abroad. : Expat Info Desk

I am an American living and working abroad. Do I need to file a US tax return?

Regardless of where you live now, being a United States citizen requires that you file a yearly tax return with the IRS. Green card holders and all US citizens are required to file a US return, no matter where they live, as long as their income (earned in the US and abroad) is just over $9,000. Many people wrongly assume that because they have never owed money to the IRS, they simply don't have to file. Earning anything over $9,350.00 does require you to file, however. The US has treaties with many foreign countries that will reduce or even eliminate actual owed tax. You cannot, however, take advantage of these benefits if you don't file.

US Taxes While Living Abroad FAQ :: American Citizens Abroad (ACA)

You are not legally required to do so if you don’t owe U.S. taxes...

Argument over, you lose. Sorry... try again later.

LOL

YOU ARE A MORON BUBS, TRUE IF YOU DON'T OWE TAXES ,YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY, BUT ANY MONIES EARNED ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, IS SUBJECT TO THE US TAX SYSTEM, NOT THE DOUBLE TAXATION BS YOU KEEP LYING ABOUT THOUGH

Smackdown Bubs

Many Americans think because they’re earning money in another country – and paying that country’s taxes – they have no liability when it comes to their home country and that they are not required to pay expat tax USA. That’s totally not the case"

Weird how your entire premise was demolished Bubs

The Swiss bank UBS AG became embroiled in controversy starting in 2008 when the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation made a formal request to travel to Switzerland to probe a multi-billion-dollar tax evasion case involving the bank

The investigation had, in part, been prompted by disclosures made by Bradley Birkenfeld, a former UBS banker in Switzerland, who testified to the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that UBS had directed its North American sales force to recruit U.S. taxpayers by offering them access to offshore financial vehicles to hide their assets and avoid taxes

The events sparked by Birkenfeld's whistleblowing and resulting controversy created unprecedented pressure on UBS, the Swiss banking industry and the Swiss government from the U.S. and European Union members eager to clawback delinquent taxes from assets their taxpayers had stashed in offshore accounts maintained by UBS and other Swiss banks. The controversy eventually led to the erosion of Switzerland's fabled bank secrecy laws.

The day after settling its criminal case on February 19, 2009, the U.S. government filed a civil suit against UBS to reveal the names of all 52,000 American customers, alleging that the bank and these customers conspired to defraud the IRS and federal government of legitimately owed tax revenue

UBS tax evasion controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Offshore Tax-Avoidance and IRS Compliance Efforts

UBS Clients

Feb. 18, 2015 — Georges Briguet pleaded guilty to corruptly endeavoring to obstruct and impede the IRS. For tax years 2001 through 2010, Briguet filed false federal income tax returns on which he failed to report his foreign financial accounts, failed to report any income earned thereon and failed to pay any taxes on such foreign income.

MANY, MANY, MANY MORE HERE BUBS:

Offshore Tax-Avoidance and IRS Compliance Efforts

Abusive Offshore Tax Avoidance Schemes - Talking Points

Schemes
  • The Abusive Tax Scheme Program is concerned about taxpayers who exploit secrecy laws of offshore jurisdictions in an attempt to conceal assets and income subject to tax by the United States.

• Some different types of entities and schemes being used in Abusive Offshore Tax Schemes include:
    1. Foreign trusts
    2. Foreign corporations
    3. Foreign (offshore) partnerships, LLCs and LLPs
    4. International Business Companies (IBCs)
    5. Offshore private annuities
    6. Private banking (U.S. and offshore)
    7. Personal investment companies
    8. Captive insurance companies
    9. Offshore bank accounts and credit cards
    10. Related-party loans

• Abusive schemes usually create structures making it appear that a nonresident alien or foreign entity is the owner of assets and income, when in fact and substance, true ownership remains with a U.S. taxpayer.
Taxpayers may utilize a variety of devices to conceal transfers of money or other property to a foreign entity, where the income it generates may be hidden. The simplest method of diverting income is sending skimmed income to an offshore account or entity.

...Citizens and residents of the United States are taxed on their worldwide income.

Abusive Offshore Tax Avoidance Schemes - Talking Points

LOL

Fukkn morons
Wow .... total lack of reality.

Yeah, because cutting taxes for the rich brings in more revenues in right wing "reality" right Bubs? lol

I think the tax code should be used as a way to scapegoat and punish people who fall out of favor with the majority.

cute,.....but this country is racing towards the debt levels of Greece ...and bankruptcy....we need the rich to pay more to pay down this debt.....

that is really the only way to keep this economy moving while at the same time paying down the debt.........a general increase in taxes on the less well off will hurt economic activity.

YOU ARE A MORON BUBS, TRUE IF YOU DON'T OWE TAXES ,YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY, BUT ANY MONIES EARNED ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, IS SUBJECT TO THE US TAX SYSTEM...

Only if they are claimed as earnings in the US. That's the part you're not comprehending. As long as the dividends are left alone in Germany and not claimed as US income, they are not subject to US taxation. The money was earned in Germany not the US. The US can't tax me on money I earn elsewhere unless I bring it to the United States and claim it as income. THEN it can be taxed regardless of where it was earned or otherwise taxed. If I live in the US and receive a dividend check from my German assets, those are taxable income. That is what this stuff you keep posting is talking about and you think it means my income in other countries that is not subject to US taxation, as it is not earned income in the US, nor is it being claimed as such.

It's entirely two different things.

YOU ARE A MORON BUBS, TRUE IF YOU DON'T OWE TAXES ,YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY, BUT ANY MONIES EARNED ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, IS SUBJECT TO THE US TAX SYSTEM...

Only if they are claimed as earnings in the US. That's the part you're not comprehending. As long as the dividends are left alone in Germany and not claimed as US income, they are not subject to US taxation. The money was earned in Germany not the US. The US can't tax me on money I earn elsewhere unless I bring it to the United States and claim it as income. THEN it can be taxed regardless of where it was earned or otherwise taxed. If I live in the US and receive a dividend check from my German assets, those are taxable income. That is what this stuff you keep posting is talking about and you think it means my income in other countries that is not subject to US taxation, as it is not earned income in the US, nor is it being claimed as such.

Gawd YOU are a fukn moron Bubs

Many United States (U.S.) citizens and resident aliens receive income from foreign sources. There have been recent reports about the interest of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in taxpayers with accounts in Liechtenstein. The interest of the IRS, however, extends beyond accounts in Liechtenstein to accounts anywhere in the world. Consequently, the IRS reminds you to report your worldwide income on your U.S. tax return.

If you are a U.S. citizen or resident alien, you must report income from all sources within and outside of the U.S. This is true whether or not you receive a Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement, a Form 1099 (Information Return) or the foreign equivalents. See Publication 525, Taxable and Nontaxable Income for more information.

Additionally, if you are a U.S. citizen or resident alien, the rules for filing income, estate and gift tax returns and for paying estimated tax are generally the same whether you are living in the U.S. or abroad.

Hiding Income Offshore

Not reporting income from foreign sources may be a crime.

Consequences for Evading Taxes on Foreign Source Income

You will face serious consequences if the IRS finds you have unreported income or undisclosed foreign financial accounts. These consequences can include not only the additional taxes, but also substantial penalties, interest, fines and even imprisonment.

Income from Abroad is Taxable

STUPID FUK

Many Americans think because they’re earning money in another country – and paying that country’s taxes – they have no liability when it comes to their home country and that they are not required to pay expat tax USA. That’s totally not the case"

Again... you are talking about earning money in another country. The expat tax is specifically regarding expatriates who no longer live in the US or claim US citizenship but they are earning incomes in a foreign country. Clearly, I still live in the US, and I am still a citizen. I do not earn money from Germany. I have a wealth asset in Germany which gains dividend value each year and is rolled over into the investment and never claimed as income here or there. It can't be taxed until claimed. I could go to Germany and live on that money and never earn a dime and there would be no tax liability here in the US, as the money was not ever earned in the US or claimed as income in the US. My income tax liability was paid in Germany when I earned it. It doesn't become US taxable earned income, again, later.

Tax Treaty Overview

The United States has income tax treaties with a number of foreign countries. Under these treaties, residents (not necessarily citizens) of foreign countries are taxed at a reduced rate, or are exempt from U.S. income taxes on certain items of income they receive from sources within the United States. These reduced rates and exemptions vary among countries and specific items of income.

...Tax treaties reduce the U.S. taxes of residents of foreign countries. With certain exceptions, they do not reduce the U.S. taxes of U.S. citizens or residents. U.S. citizens and residents are subject to U.S. income tax on their worldwide income.

Tax Treaty Overview

HOW FUKKN DUMB ARE YOU?

International taxation

LOOK TO THE US

International taxation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Long Arm of the IRS

U.S Tax Treatment of Foreign-Source Income

Taxation of the worldwide income of U.S. taxpayers is the most defining characteristic of U.S. tax policy. The Supreme Court in Cook v. Tait (165 U.S. 42 (1924)) first justified worldwide taxation of U.S. taxpayers. The Court declared that citizens residing abroad are as equally subject to U.S. taxation as those residing here. As a result, foreign-source income is considered gross income under § 61 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended (I.R.C.). Foreign-source income is simply added to, and taxed at the same rate as, income derived in the United States.

This policy of worldwide taxation is unique among nations. Most other countries restrict taxation to income derived only from within its territorial borders. Not so in the United States; if you are a U.S. taxpayer, no matter where you are located in the world, the IRS is interested in your income.

http://www.americanbar.org/content/...zine_home/gp_solo_magazine_index/oct99zg.html

PLEASE ADMIT YOU ARE A DUMBASS AND GET IT OVER WITH, MY BACK HAND IS HURTING BADLY!

Again... you are talking about earning money in another country. The expat tax is specifically regarding expatriates who no longer live in the US or claim US citizenship but they are earning incomes in a foreign country. Clearly, I still live in the US, and I am still a citizen. I do not earn money from Germany. I have a wealth asset in Germany which gains dividend value each year and is rolled over into the investment and never claimed as income here or there. It can't be taxed until claimed. I could go to Germany and live on that money and never earn a dime and there would be no tax liability here in the US, as the money was not ever earned in the US or claimed as income in the US. My income tax liability was paid in Germany when I earned it. It doesn't become US taxable earned income, again, later.

Gawd you are a stupid fuk

Taxes on World Wide Income

U.S. Permanent Residents (green card holders) as well as U.S. Citizens must report each year their income earned anywhere in the world. That means your U.S. income tax return must include:

• Foreign dividends

• Rental Income Earned Abroad

• Foreign pension income

• Foreign capital gains or losses on stocks, bonds, real estate

• Foreign royalties

• All other foreign income

US INCOME TAXATION OF AMERICANS AND EXPATRIATES LIVING ABROAD

Rolled over IS earning dumbass. You don't have a dime, admit it dumbshit!

The lobbiests for business paid their lackeys in Congress to insert that one word " knowingly " in the law against hiring illegal aliens.

It makes it almost impossible to prove they " knowingly " hired the illegal.
Especially when the illegal presents forged documents that you can buy on the street in any major city --- they have a Social Security card and a Drivers License and a Birth Certificate often on original paper from the department that supposedly issued them. Crooked people in the government steal the paper and sell it to the forgers.

Until we get that one word removed the law will be WORTHLESS.

That one word is a Get Out Of Jail Free card to employers of illegal aliens.

So you think we should punish people who unknowingly break the law?

Went to Target a few years ago, at 8:00 AM (when they first opened) and the cleaning crew was leaving, 3-4 people, the manager had to ask them to wait while she got someone to interpret for her when she asked them questions. Nah she didn't have reason to SUSPECT they might be "illegal" right?

Go to ANY fast food restaurant, motel/hotel in the Salinas Valley near where I live, over 50% of the workers ARE suspected of being INELIGIBLE to work legally. Think BIZ SHOULD KNOW?

So you think we should profile people based on their inability to speak fluent English?

FLUENT? They didn't speak a WORD of English Bubs

This is where you wingnutters lose, and lose BIG, it's called HONESTY, EMPLOYERS KNOWINGLY HIRE PEOPLE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE US, BECAUSE THEY WANT TO PAY LESS!!!
They do that because they know they have implicit permission to do so from Washington. It's against the law to do it, so obviously passing more laws is pointless unless current law is enforced. "Sanctuary cities"? Same thing.

Many United States (U.S.) citizens and resident aliens receive income from foreign sources. There have been recent reports about the interest of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in taxpayers with accounts in Liechtenstein. The interest of the IRS, however, extends beyond accounts in Liechtenstein to accounts anywhere in the world. Consequently, the IRS reminds you to report your worldwide income on your U.S. tax return.

If you are a U.S. citizen or resident alien, you must report income from all sources within and outside of the U.S. This is true whether or not you receive a Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement, a Form 1099 (Information Return) or the foreign equivalents. See Publication 525, Taxable and Nontaxable Income for more information.

Additionally, if you are a U.S. citizen or resident alien, the rules for filing income, estate and gift tax returns and for paying estimated tax are generally the same whether you are living in the U.S. or abroad.

Hiding Income Offshore

You will face serious consequences if the IRS finds you have unreported income or undisclosed foreign financial accounts. These consequences can include not only the additional taxes, but also substantial penalties, interest, fines and even imprisonment.

STUPID FUK

You know... when you go to all the trouble of making fonts big and bold, it doesn't do anything but discourage people from reading your post. It is actually very annoying and childish. Almost goofy.

Also, the petty ad homs to lead off every single post and to conclude every post, is redundant. I understand you think I am a "stupid fuk" ...it's understood. Okay? That doesn't make you right about anything and it is not winning this argument for you. I know that you might think that... but you're wrong.

You continue to post IRS warnings about claiming income from foreign sources. I have never once said that I claimed earned income from a foreign source and didn't pay my taxes or didn't owe taxes. I fully understand the tax laws and I pay a lawyer a very nice sum of money to advise me on the tax laws pertaining to my situation. I assure you, my tax paperwork is in order. AND... I know what the hell I'm talking about when it comes to this. You don't seem to have a ripe clue.

The lobbiests for business paid their lackeys in Congress to insert that one word " knowingly " in the law against hiring illegal aliens.

It makes it almost impossible to prove they " knowingly " hired the illegal.
Especially when the illegal presents forged documents that you can buy on the street in any major city --- they have a Social Security card and a Drivers License and a Birth Certificate often on original paper from the department that supposedly issued them. Crooked people in the government steal the paper and sell it to the forgers.

Until we get that one word removed the law will be WORTHLESS.

That one word is a Get Out Of Jail Free card to employers of illegal aliens.

So you think we should punish people who unknowingly break the law?

Went to Target a few years ago, at 8:00 AM (when they first opened) and the cleaning crew was leaving, 3-4 people, the manager had to ask them to wait while she got someone to interpret for her when she asked them questions. Nah she didn't have reason to SUSPECT they might be "illegal" right?

Go to ANY fast food restaurant, motel/hotel in the Salinas Valley near where I live, over 50% of the workers ARE suspected of being INELIGIBLE to work legally. Think BIZ SHOULD KNOW?

So you think we should profile people based on their inability to speak fluent English?

FLUENT? They didn't speak a WORD of English Bubs

This is where you wingnutters lose, and lose BIG, it's called HONESTY, EMPLOYERS KNOWINGLY HIRE PEOPLE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE US, BECAUSE THEY WANT TO PAY LESS!!!
They do that because they know they have implicit permission to do so from Washington. It's against the law to do it, so obviously passing more laws is pointless unless current law is enforced. "Sanctuary cities"? Same thing.

You mean Gov't that was captured by the "job creators' themselves?

Hiding Income Offshore

STUPID FUK

You know... when you go to all the trouble of making fonts big and bold, it doesn't do anything but discourage people from reading your post. It is actually very annoying and childish. Almost goofy.

Also, the petty ad homs to lead off every single post and to conclude every post, is redundant. I understand you think I am a "stupid fuk" ...it's understood. Okay? That doesn't make you right about anything and it is not winning this argument for you. I know that you might think that... but you're wrong.

You continue to post IRS warnings about claiming income from foreign sources. I have never once said that I claimed earned income from a foreign source and didn't pay my taxes or didn't owe taxes. I fully understand the tax laws and I pay a lawyer a very nice sum of money to advise me on the tax laws pertaining to my situation. I assure you, my tax paperwork is in order. AND... I know what the hell I'm talking about when it comes to this. You don't seem to have a ripe clue.

Sure, Bubs I believe you, lol

You are a crazy MF I give you that, even your dodges were BS

Forum List

Back