Should The Rich Be Required To Pay Higher Taxes In the US?

EVERY DOLLAR EARNED BY A US CITIZEN, REGARDLESS OF LOCALITY EARNED, IS REQUIRED TO REPORT IT ON THEIR TAXES, THERE IS NO DOUBLE TAXATION, UNLESS IT'S LESS THAN US TAX RATES (CAYMAN 5%, YOU OWE 34% US) GET IT DUMFUK?

NONSENSE! You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

I made $5 million IN Germany... got it? I paid income taxes on it, TO Germany? Following me? The money is still IN Germany, in a German bank, collecting German interest. Each year, I have to pay Germany tax on the interest dividends. It is NOT US INCOME! It doesn't ever BECOME US income unless I bring it to the US and claim it as income. If I do that, I will be taxed AGAIN.

My plan is to eliminate double taxation. Repatriate that wealth and create new jobs with it.

YOU FAIL SINCE YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THE GAWDDAM TAX SYSTEM YOU IDIOT!

Why does the US tax citizens on worldwide income regardless of location?

Why does the US tax citizens on worldwide income regardless of location? | Expat-Tax-Help.com

US TAXES EQUAL INCOME MINUS TAXES PAID TO OTHER NATIONS (CREDIT) THEN YOU "OWE", BUT SINCE GERMANY HAS A HIGHER TAX RATE, YOU OWE ZERO TO THE US AND BRING IT IN WITHOUT THE HOLIDAY DUMBSHIT!!

Like I said, I can't think of a single example anywhere that fits your description.

Okay, well... Let me present you with an example.

I have an amazing idea for a new product that I believe will revolutionize the world. I'm not going to divulge what it is for obvious reasons. It requires production and assembly by hand, it can't be automated. It also requires a building, which I already own. I pay very little property tax on it... I have it, it's sitting there waiting and ready to go. To start up, I will need about 100 employees in various capacities. They will be paid accordingly but their total incomes for the year with benefits, will be around $5 million.

Now... I don't have $5 million here. I could borrow it but I don't want to. I actually have $5 million in a German bank account, which has been sitting there for decades. Under current US tax laws, I can't bring that money to the US to start up my business until I pay taxes on it in the US. It's never been claimed here as income, as I made it there in Germany where it remains. I paid the Germans their share back when I made it.

Under my plan, the 10-year tax moratorium... I could bring that $5 million back to the US without a tax penalty and use it to hire and pay my 100 employees for fiscal year 2016. I would LOVE to be able to do this because I think my idea would be well worth it. If I am correct, I might hire 100 more employees in 2017 and do the same thing. I have 10 years to fully implement my plans, I could even start out with 20 or 50 people. The point is, there is an incentive for me to implement my great idea! To create new jobs!

"I can't bring that money to the US to start up my business until I pay taxes on it in the US. It's never been claimed here as income, as I made it there in Germany where it remains. I paid the Germans their share back when I made it."

YOU ARE EITHER EVADING US TAXES OR YOUR PREMISE IS BS TO BEGIN WITH BECAUSE YOU PAID TAXES TO GERMANY, WROTE OFF THAT AMOUNT OFF YOUR US INCOME TAX BURDEN, AND PROB GOT A NET ZERO TAX BURDEN DUMMY!

No... I didn't claim it as taxable US income because it wasn't earned in the US or received as income in the US. I paid taxes to Germany from that money, not my US holdings or income. I didn't get to "write off" anything because it wasn't reported income, it wasn't subject to taxation in the US, I didn't earn the income in the US and didn't claim it as income in the US.

I don't really know what you think the tax laws are, but you can't tax money I make in another country just because I am a US citizen. You can only tax what I receive as earned income in the US. You have no tax jurisdiction elsewhere.

If you are a U.S. citizen or resident alien, the rules for filing income, estate, and gift tax returns and paying estimated tax are generally the same whether you are in the United States or abroad. Your worldwide income is subject to U.S. income tax, regardless of where you reside.

U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad

MORON

Your worldwide income (i.e.; your reported income earnings from abroad.)
If you do not claim them as income they are not earnings and not taxable.

BUT IF YOU WANT THE WORLDS LARGEST MARKET...

You'll have to pay the hefty tariffs.... See, we agree!

You're just stubbornly mired in some ignorance regarding tax laws. We can't tax companies which exist in other countries, it's not our jurisdiction to levy taxes on them. Do we need to get the UN or World Court involved in this? What makes you think the United States has the authority to levy taxes on foreign companies?

A TARIFF ISN'T AN INCOME TAX YOU DUMBFUK. It's paid REGARDLESS whether a comp is profitable or not. Gawd

Right... It's NOT an income or corporate tax... it's a fee you're paying to access US markets. If you want to produce your product in China... FINE... Go for it! Just know that when you try to slip it back in to the US to sell to the US market, you're going to pay a high tariff. Maybe it's still worth it? Or maybe some American capitalist figures out a way to do it here and save money?

What you want to do is try to force the capitalist to play by your rules and he doesn't have to. You are saying you want to levy higher taxation on him to discourage his outsourcing... but what stops him from simply relocating to Belize? You see... you've killed your cash cow. Now you don't have a corporation to tax anymore. They've gone... checked out!

...What now, brown cow?

Sorry Bubba, you are dumber than a fukkn breadbox!

EVERY CORP SELLING IN THE US, REGARDLESS OF H/Q, OWES US TAXES ON THAT NET INCOME YOU DUMFUK!

Just like if a Corp is in China selling a product, it owes a Corp tax there ON PROFITS. Same as Germany,UK, etc IF EARNED IN THAT COUNTRY, TAXES ARE OWED IN THAT COUNTRY DUMMY! I

i

US TAXES EQUAL INCOME MINUS TAXES PAID TO OTHER NATIONS (CREDIT) THEN YOU "OWE", BUT SINCE GERMANY HAS A HIGHER TAX RATE, YOU OWE ZERO TO THE US AND BRING IT IN WITHOUT THE HOLIDAY DUMBSHIT!

Sorry, my tax attorneys disagree with you. If I claim the wealth in the US, I am subject to US taxes. It does not matter how much tax I paid to Germany in 1988, or how much I have paid them on the dividends since that time. If I bring it to the US and claim it as income, it is taxed as earned income... there is no credit. And it is 28% and not 39%... I was incorrect on that, thought they had changed it when they eliminated the Bush tax cuts.

You're just stubbornly mired in some ignorance regarding tax laws. We can't tax companies which exist in other countries, it's not our jurisdiction to levy taxes on them. Do we need to get the UN or World Court involved in this? What makes you think the United States has the authority to levy taxes on foreign companies?

A TARIFF ISN'T AN INCOME TAX YOU DUMBFUK. It's paid REGARDLESS whether a comp is profitable or not. Gawd

Right... It's NOT an income or corporate tax... it's a fee you're paying to access US markets. If you want to produce your product in China... FINE... Go for it! Just know that when you try to slip it back in to the US to sell to the US market, you're going to pay a high tariff. Maybe it's still worth it? Or maybe some American capitalist figures out a way to do it here and save money?

What you want to do is try to force the capitalist to play by your rules and he doesn't have to. You are saying you want to levy higher taxation on him to discourage his outsourcing... but what stops him from simply relocating to Belize? You see... you've killed your cash cow. Now you don't have a corporation to tax anymore. They've gone... checked out!

...What now, brown cow?

EVERY CORP SELLING IN THE US, REGARDLESS OF H/Q, OWES US TAXES ON THAT NET INCOME YOU DUMFUK!

Just like if a Corp is in China selling a product, it owes a Corp tax there ON PROFITS. Same as Germany,UK, etc IF EARNED IN THAT COUNTRY, TAXES ARE OWED IN THAT COUNTRY DUMMY! I

i

Tell ya what, bud... You go try and collect some income tax from a Chinese company and let me know how that works out between you and the Chinese government.... okay?

Like I said, I can't think of a single example anywhere that fits your description.

I have an amazing idea for a new product that I believe will revolutionize the world. I'm not going to divulge what it is for obvious reasons. It requires production and assembly by hand, it can't be automated. It also requires a building, which I already own. I pay very little property tax on it... I have it, it's sitting there waiting and ready to go. To start up, I will need about 100 employees in various capacities. They will be paid accordingly but their total incomes for the year with benefits, will be around $5 million.

Now... I don't have $5 million here. I could borrow it but I don't want to. I actually have $5 million in a German bank account, which has been sitting there for decades. Under current US tax laws, I can't bring that money to the US to start up my business until I pay taxes on it in the US. It's never been claimed here as income, as I made it there in Germany where it remains. I paid the Germans their share back when I made it.

Under my plan, the 10-year tax moratorium... I could bring that $5 million back to the US without a tax penalty and use it to hire and pay my 100 employees for fiscal year 2016. I would LOVE to be able to do this because I think my idea would be well worth it. If I am correct, I might hire 100 more employees in 2017 and do the same thing. I have 10 years to fully implement my plans, I could even start out with 20 or 50 people. The point is, there is an incentive for me to implement my great idea! To create new jobs!

"I can't bring that money to the US to start up my business until I pay taxes on it in the US. It's never been claimed here as income, as I made it there in Germany where it remains. I paid the Germans their share back when I made it."

YOU ARE EITHER EVADING US TAXES OR YOUR PREMISE IS BS TO BEGIN WITH BECAUSE YOU PAID TAXES TO GERMANY, WROTE OFF THAT AMOUNT OFF YOUR US INCOME TAX BURDEN, AND PROB GOT A NET ZERO TAX BURDEN DUMMY!

No... I didn't claim it as taxable US income because it wasn't earned in the US or received as income in the US. I paid taxes to Germany from that money, not my US holdings or income. I didn't get to "write off" anything because it wasn't reported income, it wasn't subject to taxation in the US, I didn't earn the income in the US and didn't claim it as income in the US.

I don't really know what you think the tax laws are, but you can't tax money I make in another country just because I am a US citizen. You can only tax what I receive as earned income in the US. You have no tax jurisdiction elsewhere.

If you are a U.S. citizen or resident alien, the rules for filing income, estate, and gift tax returns and paying estimated tax are generally the same whether you are in the United States or abroad. Your worldwide income is subject to U.S. income tax, regardless of where you reside.

MORON

GAWD, IGNORE THE SWISS BANKS I SHOWED, IGNORE THE IRS LINK I SHOWED DUMMY

Your worldwide income is subject to U.S. income tax, regardless of where you reside.

What is Taxed Where? Germany? America?

Accept the fact that you have to pay taxes, but don’t pay more taxes than you are required to pay. The basic document governing what is to be taxed where is the Double-Taxation Treaty (DTT) between the Federal Republic of Germany and the United States of America dated August 29, 1989, as amended by subsequent protocols. The tax laws of both countries are not fully aligned with the Treaty, but if differences arise, the Treaty takes precedence. For each category, you should not pay more in total than the higher tax rate of the two countries. Also refer: Germany - Tax Treaty Documents for details.

What is taxed where? If you are a US citizen or resident alien, the USA demands the right to tax your worldwide income. Double taxation is avoided by means of a system of Income Exclusions and/or Tax Credits. Remember that you must annually file a US tax return, even though it results in no additional tax liability to the US IRS. Refer Publication 17, “Tax Guide for Individuals” for detailed guidance.

Taxes | AGBC - American-German Business Club

DUMFUK

US TAXES EQUAL INCOME MINUS TAXES PAID TO OTHER NATIONS (CREDIT) THEN YOU "OWE", BUT SINCE GERMANY HAS A HIGHER TAX RATE, YOU OWE ZERO TO THE US AND BRING IT IN WITHOUT THE HOLIDAY DUMBSHIT!

Sorry, my tax attorneys disagree with you. If I claim the wealth in the US, I am subject to US taxes. It does not matter how much tax I paid to Germany in 1988, or how much I have paid them on the dividends since that time. If I bring it to the US and claim it as income, it is taxed as earned income... there is no credit. And it is 28% and not 39%... I was incorrect on that, thought they had changed it when they eliminated the Bush tax cuts.

Sure Bubs sure, lol THAT'S why THOUSANDS of US citizens made deals with the IRS over hiding money in Switzerland, lol

What about my foreign bank accounts? What are FBAR and FATCA Form 8938?

We saved the best almost for last. In order to help it track those Americans who are not reporting their foreign income, IRS and the US Treasury have recently instituted a number of informational forms that must be filed.

1. The FBAR. This is a relatively simple form that is used to collect basic information on foreign financial accounts controlled by a US citizen living in the USA or overseas. The form is filed with the Treasury Department and is not filed with your tax return. As it is only an informational form, it will not have a direct impact on your tax liability. Financial account definition includes: a bank account, brokerage account, mutual fund, unit trust, or other types of financial accounts. Reporting is required if the combined total of such accounts totals $10'000 or more. As of July 2013, this form is supposed to be filed electronically. More info at FinCEN.

2. It's important to note that the FBAR must be received by the Department of the Treasury by June 30th each year. There is no extension for filing this form. The FBAR is filed separately from your tax return. It should be filed electronically on the FinCEN website.

3. FBAR Penalties. The penalties for non-filing of the FBAR are extremely harsh. They range from an automatic penalty of $10,000 to 50% of the balance of the account. It gets worse - if the IRS investigator can prove that you willfully withheld the information from the government, criminal charges can be filed.

4. In addition, Form 8938 will be required starting fiscal year 2011. Form 8938 (FATCA) must be attached as an annex to your 1040. The reporting requirements for foreign financial assets are more extensive and more complicated than those for the FBAR (which has to be filed as well). The threshold for reporting depends on the total amount of foreign assets held, on where you are domiciled, and whether you are filing jointly or otherwise.

Form 8938: www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8938.pdf
Instructions for Form 8938: www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i8938.pdf

US Taxes While Living Abroad FAQ :: American Citizens Abroad (ACA)

DUMBASS

Bush cut it to 35% dummy, don't act like you have money offshore, lol

...What now, brown cow?

i

Tell ya what, bud... You go try and collect some income tax from a Chinese company and let me know how that works out between you and the Chinese government.... okay?

They do it. I gave you the link you stupid fuk

MORON

We saved the best almost for last. In order to help it track those Americans who are not reporting their foreign income, IRS and the US Treasury have recently instituted a number of informational forms that must be filed.

1. The FBAR. This is a relatively simple form that is used to collect basic information on foreign financial accounts controlled by a US citizen living in the USA or overseas. The form is filed with the Treasury Department and is not filed with your tax return. As it is only an informational form, it will not have a direct impact on your tax liability. Financial account definition includes: a bank account, brokerage account, mutual fund, unit trust, or other types of financial accounts. Reporting is required if the combined total of such accounts totals $10'000 or more. As of July 2013, this form is supposed to be filed electronically. More info at FinCEN.

2. It's important to note that the FBAR must be received by the Department of the Treasury by June 30th each year. There is no extension for filing this form. The FBAR is filed separately from your tax return. It should be filed electronically on the FinCEN website.

3. FBAR Penalties. The penalties for non-filing of the FBAR are extremely harsh. They range from an automatic penalty of $10,000 to 50% of the balance of the account. It gets worse - if the IRS investigator can prove that you willfully withheld the information from the government, criminal charges can be filed.

4. In addition, Form 8938 will be required starting fiscal year 2011. Form 8938 (FATCA) must be attached as an annex to your 1040. The reporting requirements for foreign financial assets are more extensive and more complicated than those for the FBAR (which has to be filed as well). The threshold for reporting depends on the total amount of foreign assets held, on where you are domiciled, and whether you are filing jointly or otherwise.

GAWD

Of course... But you're only taxing what they sell in the US. They can locate in Belize, pay a fraction of the corporate tax... actually, I think it's NO corporate tax in Belize... and sell all over the world without paying the US a single red penny in tax on that.

In fact, they can probably exploit our shitty trade deals and 'export' to a US distributor who doesn't have to pay any additional corporate tax.

Damn my hand hurts Bubba

Of course... But you're only taxing what they sell in the US. They can locate in Belize, pay a fraction of the corporate tax... actually, I think it's NO corporate tax in Belize... and sell all over the world without paying the US a single red penny in tax on that.

In fact, they can probably exploit our shitty trade deals and 'export' to a US distributor who doesn't have to pay any additional corporate tax.

Cool, THEY ALREADY DO THAT DUMMY! Let them, who gives a fuk? IF THEY WANT TO PLAY IN THE US, LET THEM FUKKN PAY US TAXES!!!!

MY TAX POLICY IS MUCH EASIER AND WORKS MUCH BETTER THAN YOUR BS PREMISE BUBS!

Your worldwide income is subject to U.S. income tax, regardless of where you reside.

Not true. If you reside somewhere else and earn income somewhere else, the US has no authority to tax you. You seem to think the US has some kind of taxing power that enables them to go all over the world taxing people in different countries because they happen to be US citizens. They don't.

Your taxes are paid on the income you claim in the US. If I make $10 million in Germany and claim it as income in the US, then I pay taxes on it.

Not true. If you reside somewhere else and earn income somewhere else, the US has no authority to tax you. You seem to think the US has some kind of taxing power that enables them to go all over the world taxing people in different countries because they happen to be US citizens. They don't.

Your taxes are paid on the income you claim in the US. If I make $10 million in Germany and claim it as income in the US, then I pay taxes on it.

OK, IGNORE THE IRS LINK, THE SWISS BANKS PLEADING GUILTY TO HIDING US ACCOUNTS, THE CLEAR PROOF YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT BUBS, YOU "BELIEVE". Got it

NO DOUBLE TAXATION YOU DUMBASS! WE HAVE TREATIES, BUT YOU ARE STILL REQUIRED TO REPORT ALL US INCOME AND FILL OUT A TAX FORM, EVEN IF NO US TAX BURDEN. Gawd you are a dumbfuk

GERMANY (THAT'S WHY I GOT THIS LINK YOU DUMBFUK

GAWD

No amount of tariffs on imports is going to fix that. If you put in place a law to prevent Apple from importing Iphones, that would never result in hundreds of people employed to make Iphones for middle class wages. It would result in 5 people being hired, to hit the start button on the automation line that builds the phones.

I don't want to prevent Apple from importing iPhones. I want them to have the iPhones made in America by American workers. The tariff makes it more expensive for them to do what they are doing, and at the same time, we are offering incentives to get them to do something else. They're smart cookies... they'll do what is most profitable. It may be that it's still more profitable for them to have them made overseas and just pay the tariffs... that means the iPhone will be more expensive. Perhaps that leads the way for some entrepreneurial American to invent a phone that is comparable and produce it here with American workers.

The automation thing is a red herring. We're going to have automation and advancement in technology no matter what we do. It's an inevitable thing which doesn't care one way or another about our policies. Does it eliminate jobs? Sure it does.. it's been doing it for 70k years.

Not true. The entire reason Apple has Iphones built in China today, is explicitly because it is not automated.

If labor costs fell in the US, automation would decrease. You have no idea how expensive automation is. One small broken part in one place, causes the entire production line to fail. That doesn't happen with people. When one person is sick, you just move another person to that spot in the line, and keep going. You can move human capital around at will.

Machines, you can't do that. You have to redesign the entire system, when something doesn't fit.

At my company, we've investigated automating several times. It simply isn't fiscally practical for us. So the options are, outsource or go out of business.

If you place tariffs on the parts we import to make our product, we simply won't be in business anymore. Instead of creating jobs, you'll kill off jobs.

Similarly, with Apple, you will never get Americans making Iphones here in the US. It will never happen. Not unless you lower labor costs, less regulations, lower wages.

Short of that, yes Apple is smart. They'll make a completely automated factory, that will produce Iphones with 5 employees pushing the start button. The result will be that US Iphones will be expensive, while international Iphones will be cheap. Fewer Americans will own them, while few jobs are created.

Lots of negatives, zero positives.

Well I understand what you're saying but you're saying it better than I can... Automation isn't a foregone conclusion... when it first comes out, it is clunky and doesn't work right. Things break down, newer and better automation comes along and if you were one of the poor saps who invested in the first phase, you're screwed... you paid a lot of money for something that just wasn't worth it, now there is something cheaper and better. It's one of the pitfalls of free market capitalism.

With ANY level of automation I can imagine in the next century, we're not going to see all Apple iPhones made by just 5 people. That's quite an absurd over-exaggeration. So you are basically telling me a bout of the stomach bug could bring down Apple's production entirely? LMAO.... yeah, right.

Well of course I don't know specifically about Apple, or their production process.

Several years back I worked a company that specialized in electronic circuit board production. The entire production department was operated by 5 people. Two production lines, two shifts. 4 people, plus one manager of production. So a total of 5 people.

We produced a few thousand a week, depending on the complexity of the job given. All I had to do was setup the equipment for the given job, and press "start".

Now I worked at another company which did the exact same job, but it was not automated. So we had a good 20 people.

That place laid everyone off, but the other is growing.

But my point isn't that automation is 'clunky' and it breaks.

Which is true.... but that's not actually the big issue with automation. The main problem is flexibility. Most automation is custom built. No one else is building the exact product you are. (unless you are a rip off company in china). So that robot you are building to make the Widget, is specifically built to make that specific Widget.

But as with all products, you have upgrades and revisions.

So you change something, and then you have a robot that is designed to make the old product, and on one else wants that robot.

Each 'revision' ends up costing thousands, possibly tens of thousands, in upgrades and changes to the automation, to make it build the new product.

The famous example from Apple, was that whole scandal with the screens that scratched and fogged up.

So there were thousands of Iphones with the old screens. When Apple came out with the new screens, the factory in China, simply gathered the employees, and had them start removing the bad screens from the built phones, and installing the new screens.

Machines and robots can't do that. They would spend days, possibly a month designing a system to remove the old screens, and setup a new production line to put the new screens in the already built phones.

These kinds of expenses of automation can't really be quantified, or replace human involvement.

Nearly every manufacturing company would rather have human labor over automation. But like I said... none of that matters if the cost of labor is too high for the value of the product.

All taxes are to high and taxing income is theft. We should have a 4 percent consumption tax and that's it. Then government would need to cut spending. Spending is the real problem and the idiot progressives who demand more because they hate thier children

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

"Not true. If you reside somewhere else and earn income somewhere else, the US has no authority to tax you. You seem to think the US has some kind of taxing power that enables them to go all over the world taxing people in different countries because they happen to be US citizens. They don't."

LOL

US Federal Tax Liability: Expat Tax USA
When moving overseas, one of the biggest questions many have concerns Expat Tax. Unfortunately, America is one of a handful of countries that vigorously pursues taxes worldwide – so don’t expect to avoid a U.S. tax debt by moving overseas. As a matter of fact, you’re not even allowed to give up your U.S. citizenship to eliminate a tax obligation.

Be aware that America has tax treaties with over 42 countries where the IRS and the foreign tax agencies exchange tax data on their residents. Many Americans think because they’re earning money in another country – and paying that country’s taxes – they have no liability when it comes to their home country and that they are not required to pay expat tax USA. That’s totally not the case. You still should file a return with the U.S. every year, whether you have income or not. You are not legally required to do so if you don’t owe U.S. taxes, but it’s an important preventative measure as there is a Statute of Limitations on tax disputes. If there is a dispute over back taxes, you start running out the clock on the Statute of Limitations if you file. If you don’t, the IRS can conduct a personal audit at any time in the future and you’ll be liable if they decide against you.

The IRS provides a tax guide for citizens living abroad, this can be found here. There are also some basic facts you need to know about taxation in 2012.

Tax liabilities if you are a US citizen living abroad. : Expat Info Desk

I am an American living and working abroad. Do I need to file a US tax return?

Regardless of where you live now, being a United States citizen requires that you file a yearly tax return with the IRS. Green card holders and all US citizens are required to file a US return, no matter where they live, as long as their income (earned in the US and abroad) is just over $9,000. Many people wrongly assume that because they have never owed money to the IRS, they simply don't have to file. Earning anything over $9,350.00 does require you to file, however. The US has treaties with many foreign countries that will reduce or even eliminate actual owed tax. You cannot, however, take advantage of these benefits if you don't file.

US Taxes While Living Abroad FAQ :: American Citizens Abroad (ACA)

All taxes are to high and taxing income is theft. We should have a 4 percent consumption tax and that's it. Then government would need to cut spending. Spending is the real problem and the idiot progressives who demand more because they hate thier children

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

4%? LOL, Somalia here we come, lol

Forum List

Back