Should We Jack The Debt Limit ?

and then you dont have the money to fund the military for the next year.

Are you catching on yet?
Do you think it is possible for our country to owe more than we can pay - are you catching on? I have beed trying to get one liberal to acknowledge
that we can borrow more than we can pay back. Do you think that is possible?

Yes a country can be irresponsible.

We are no where near a collapse.

why do you think we are?

Do you understand that raising the debt ceiling IS NOT "continued borrowing"??

they always pretend they understand it all but say such silly things which PROVE they dont know what they are talking about

Nor do they want to know.

They want to blame Obama for everything and that's easier if they're ignorant.

I'm sure Congress shares the blame....but the GOP didn't count on having a POTUS as reckless as Obama doubling the debt in 8 years.

We should eliminate the debt ceiling altogether. Since neither democrats nor republicans actually attempt to keep debt below sed ceiling, it only serves to destroy our credit and be a petty tool for partisan squabbles.

I disagree Amy. Despite the rhetoric about "Tax Fairness" the problem is not "income", it's spending. The Government is addicted to spending. They can't stop themselves! Case in point: In spite of the impending "FISCAL CLIFF" Congress still slathered $9 Billion more in pork spending onto the bloated $60 Billion "Sandy" Bailout. It's shameless!

Republicans need to exercise their power and refuse to raise the debt ceiling without MASSIVE spending cuts. The first step is to refuse to negotiate on the fiscal cliff- let it happen. Then get even deeper cuts afterwards. The cliff will be painful in the short term, but it's necessary! You can't fix a broken leg without resetting the bone.

and then you dont have the money to fund the military for the next year.

Are you catching on yet?
Do you think it is possible for our country to owe more than we can pay - are you catching on? I have beed trying to get one liberal to acknowledge

why do you think we are?
I don't think it is eminent, but the trajectory is unsustainable - what do we do? If we keep jacking the debt cieling; we will keep borrowing!

why do you think we are?
I don't think it is eminent, but the trajectory is unsustainable - what do we do? If we keep jacking the debt cieling; we will keep borrowing!

there is NOTHING wrong with the US barrowing.

Its how we get the things we need for the future and our future growth.

Its the levels that matter.

we need to buy the right things with it

Things that will ensure growth in the future as well as today.

a family barrows and then pays it off because they only have so many years.

a country lives forever hopefully so you NEED to buy future things and keep you debt level sustainable.

We are NO WHERE near collaspe that is partisan CRAP

When you default on the debt it means you will not barrow money for teh next years operations.

It means millions of dollars will NOT be entering the economy.

It would mean total callapse of the economy

We should eliminate the debt ceiling altogether. Since neither democrats nor republicans actually attempt to keep debt below sed ceiling, it only serves to destroy our credit and be a petty tool for partisan squabbles.

If Obama, and Reid remains obstinate on spending cuts, should the House block a debt cieling
raise - we are on a unsustainable coarse ?

Is it a requirement for modern day conservatives to be either barely literate and/or completely lazy?

We all have our moments.

I see plenty of misspellings by libs around here.

like "sed ceiling"? RDD didn't even mention that one. :D

The situation is more serious than it was in 2011.

Eventually the money will run out and the government will shut down and cause a world wide recession.

Consider this a debt ballon that's ready to pop come next April.

shut the fuck up donny

We mentioned the movie one time and you've gone ass over teakettle crazy,, figures. NOw you stfu Donnie.

Things that will ensure growth in the future as well as today.

a family barrows and then pays it off because they only have so many years.

a country lives forever hopefully so you NEED to buy future things and keep you debt level sustainable.

We are NO WHERE near collaspe that is partisan CRAP
Where do you think the event horizon is; the point of no return? Take into consideration the interest with possible hikes in rates - the drag it will further induce? Is it 20, trillon? 30 trillion? Am I getting warmer?

why do you think we are?

there is NOTHING wrong with the US barrowing.

Its how we get the things we need for the future and our future growth.

Its the levels that matter.

we need to buy the right things with it

You act like you don't understand English.

When nobody trusts you nobody will loan money to you.

The other option is sell bonds to private investors. No fool will buy a bond that isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

So it's back to printing money and screwing anyone who has US dollars. Your paycheck shrinks and your savings turns into crap.

Forum List

Back