Sister sums up the hypocrisy of many in the pro life movement

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
In one simple quote, Sister Joan Chittister, O.S.B. sums up the hypocrisy of many in the 'pro-life' movement:

"I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is."

This quote applies well to many Republican lawmakers who continue to introduce/pass restrictive misogynist laws against woman's reproductive rights. At the same time, the GOP works to shut down women's health clinics, with a special vengeance towards Planned Parenthood (#StandWithPP). You don't hear of these Right Wing anti-choice

Catholic Nun Explains Pro-Life In A Way That Will Stun Many (Especially Republican Lawmakers)

Well said and so true.

In one simple quote, Sister Joan Chittister, O.S.B. sums up the hypocrisy of many in the 'pro-life' movement:

"I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is."

This quote applies well to many Republican lawmakers who continue to introduce/pass restrictive misogynist laws against woman's reproductive rights. At the same time, the GOP works to shut down women's health clinics, with a special vengeance towards Planned Parenthood (#StandWithPP). You don't hear of these Right Wing anti-choice

Catholic Nun Explains Pro-Life In A Way That Will Stun Many (Especially Republican Lawmakers)

Well said and so true.
Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, would have shut abortions down at Planned Parenthood. She believed that abortion is an abomination and wouldn't allow it in her clinics.

12047090_1004970076215108_6286412291888440921_n.jpg

Sister Joan, you are confusing lack of compassion for disagreement on the best way to raise people up. Subsidiarity is the only way forward that works. Surely, you are familiar with this concept.

Well said and so true.

Not only is that sister an idiot, she so blinded by her own ideology to see that not all who oppose abortions are coming from a religious or from an "all life is sacred" point of view.

She's an idiot even more so because she's blindly bought into the idea that tax dollars are the ONLY indicator of how much a society cares about someone or something.

Sister Joan, you are confusing lack of compassion for disagreement on the best way to raise people up. Subsidiarity is the only way forward that works. Surely, you are familiar with this concept.

She makes a good point. We spend more on military taking over other countries that we do on healthcare, schools , etc. Besides abortions are down, but VD will not be rampant due to the cheapskates closing planned parenthood. Healthy adults have healthy kids. The GOP are disgusting when it comes to taking care of the needy and poor. Then they hire a man who is supposedly a billionaire and doesn't pay taxes. Just a nightmare.

She makes a good point. We spend more on military taking over other countries that we do on healthcare, schools , etc. Besides abortions are down, but VD will not be rampant due to the cheapskates closing planned parenthood. Healthy adults have healthy kids. The GOP are disgusting when it comes to taking care of the needy and poor. Then they hire a man who is supposedly a billionaire and doesn't pay taxes. Just a nightmare.

Why does Margaret Sanger, founder of PPP, know that abortion is wrong and you don't?

Well said and so true.

Not only is that sister an idiot, she so blinded by her own ideology to see that not all who oppose abortions are coming from a religious or from an "all life is sacred" point of view.

She's an idiot even more so because she's blindly bought into the idea that tax dollars are the ONLY indicator of how much a society cares about someone or something.

That is BS, most Gop would rather kick a homeless person than feed them. Most of the GOP , republicans that I know are very well off and love their money. Also people with money are the tightwads, hate to pay taxes. Isn't that what the GOP is about , lowering taxes, taking away Medicaid and healthcare.

That's bullshit. Pro lifers are deeply generous.

That is bs, the republicans are not generous, the GOP doesn't want or care about healthcare. Also make sure you have that baby, and then your on your own.
Atheists have never been known for their local community outreach groups. Churches are.

Not true and she is not an atheist. Many atheist are givers. They seem to care more about life, since they do not count on and live for the here after. What if there is no hereafter, this is all there is, that is how one should live. Dead people do not need money. For the short time your on earth and its short, why are the trumps and people like him so after the almighty buck, what do they do with billions, and not pay taxes. Those are the backers of trump and those who want to be like him and are greedy and selfish.

That is bs, the republicans are not generous, the GOP doesn't want or care about healthcare. Also make sure you have that baby, and then your on your own.
Atheists have never been known for their local community outreach groups. Churches are.

Not true and she is not an atheist. Many atheist are givers. They seem to care more about life, since they do not count and live for the here after. What if there is no hereafter, this is all there is, that is how one should live. Dead people do not bring or need money.
I never said she was an atheist. My point is that conservatives tend to believe in a higher power and liberals tend to be atheists. Of the two groups, the religious are more charitable.

Well said and so true.

That is BS, most Gop would rather kick a homeless person than feed them. Most of the GOP , republicans that I know are very well off and love their money. Also people with money are the tightwads, hate to pay taxes. Isn't that what the GOP is about , lowering taxes, taking away Medicaid and healthcare.
No, what you just wrote was BS. What you perceive of as a lack of compassion is disagreement over how to solve the problem. The liberal way has only made matters worse. Even FDR acknowledged this.

Not true and she is not an atheist. Many atheist are givers. They seem to care more about life, since they do not count on and live for the here after. What if there is no hereafter, this is all there is, that is how one should live. Dead people do not need money. For the short time your on earth and its short, why are the trumps and people like him so after the almighty buck, what do they do with billions, and not pay taxes. Those are the backers of trump and those who want to be like him and are greedy and selfish.
Doesn't this conversation need to start with the morality of ending an innocent human life?

We could end abortion overnight if we just did two things.

1. Liberals start shaming and protesting the ending of innocent human lives.

2. Conservatives offer to pay for abortions of women who can't afford them.

Well said and so true.

b14bb43bdba33c9369444c3b27ceb6a4.jpg

We could end abortion overnight if we just did two things.

1. Liberals start shaming and protesting the ending of innocent human lives.

2. Conservatives offer to pay for abortions of women who can't afford them.

And you got rid of abstinence-only programmes and realise that young people like to fuck.

Not true and she is not an atheist. Many atheist are givers. They seem to care more about life, since they do not count and live for the here after. What if there is no hereafter, this is all there is, that is how one should live. Dead people do not bring or need money.
I never said she was an atheist. My point is that conservatives tend to believe in a higher power and liberals tend to be atheists. Of the two groups, the religious are more charitable.

I'm sorry not the GOP religious.

I'm sorry not the GOP religious.
Especially the GOP religious. Now, are you going to tell me why you don't believe it is immoral to end an innocent human life?

Forum List

Back