Slavery reparations?

Are you for or against slavery reparations?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Egyptians were not Neanderthals with bad tans. They were Black. That DNA really bothers you. :lol:

Blacks in ancient Egypt were slaves. This is why the Arabic word for black (abeed) also means slave. They were illiterate, and contributed nothing but muscle power to labor out in the sun. They were considered useful for that, since they didn't sunburn as easily as the whites. Result > Blacks hauled the rocks. Whites did the thinking. What else is new ? Ho hum. Yawn *****

Last edited:
Blacks should repay Whites by leaving, the sooner the better.

Why would we leave you a nation we built. :cuckoo:

As a whole. over long periods of time, blacks have done 4 things. Pick cotton, play professional basketball, receive welfare, and loot stores during race riots. This amounts to nation-building ? :eusa_whistle: :lol:

Why, there were a lot of great musicians, for example. Armstrong didn't play basketball or loot stores.

Yea, that is the black man's job. Look at this thread...

This thread asks if its a good idea. I agree it is. How is that begging? White boys have a hard time understanding OPs.:lol:
I'm not talking about the cracker ass pedo who started the thread, I am talking about you and Phoenix saying "gimme dat whitey!

:lol: clown, show me one place on here where I stated that I wanted reparations. You can't even win an argument by lying, I'll be waiting for you to get a quote on this thread or anywhere that shows me asking for "reparations".

:lol: clown, show me one place on here where I stated that I wanted reparations. You can't even win an argument by lying, I'll be waiting for you to get a quote on this thread or anywhere that shows me asking for "reparations".

Probably he mixed you up with me. It was me who wanted reparations. One of the four in the poll.

As a whole. over long periods of time, blacks have done 4 things. Pick cotton, play professional basketball, receive welfare, and loot stores during race riots. This amounts to nation-building ? :eusa_whistle: :lol:

Why, there were a lot of great musicians, for example. Armstrong didn't play basketball or loot stores.

There were and are a lot more Black people who were and are professionals a trades people. If any objective and intelligent person wants to explore it, the avenues are there. Here's a starter:
Edward A. Johnson (Edward Austin), 1860-1944. A School History of the Negro Race in America, from 1619 to 1890, with a Short Introduction as to the Origin of the Race; Also a Short Sketch of Liberia.

Probably he mixed you up with me. It was me who wanted reparations. One of the four in the poll.

LOL, we most all "post" alike to certain people. :)

I wouldn't say there were a lot. If you compare whites to blacks in rock music, for instance, there are far more whites. But there have been a good many blues and jazz musicians among the blacks. I'll definitely give you that one. In the Rock dept., I play some of their great songs on the guitar (Jimi Hendrix-Purple Haze, Chuck Berry-Johnny Be Good, et al)

I also play some old country blues learned from great black guitarists like Mississippi John Hurt and Curtis Jones.

There's also some good black guitarists in Rock who I'm not as familiar with as I should be. I plan to get better acquainted with them this year. It might even be my New Year's Resolution (Ernie Isley, Prince, Bo Diddley, Vernon Reid, Robert Randolph, Jesse Johnson, etc)

Last edited:
I wouldn't say there were a lot. If you compare whites to blacks in rock music, for instance, there are far more whites. But there have been a good many blues and jazz musicians among the blacks. I'll definitely give you that one. In the Rock dept., I play some of their great songs on the guitar (Jimi Hendrix-Purple Haze, Chuck Berry-Johnny Be Good, et al)

And if you compare blacks to whites in jazz, for instance, there were far more blacks.

And if we compare Brits to Americans in rock music, there were far more great Brits than Americans.
God save the Queen!

Make that 5.....Except that I want reparations to be paid to the millions of WHITE workers who suffered discrimination from affirmative action. (Post # 863)

Last edited:

Make that 5.....Except that I want reparations to be paid to the millions of WHITE workers who suffered discrimination from affirmative action. (Post # 863)

No doubt that Uncle Sam is able to pay it too.

And if you compare blacks to whites in jazz, for instance, there were far more blacks.

I already noted that >> "But there have been a good many blues and jazz musicians among the blacks. I'll definitely give you that one."

Well, since nobody is going to read this anyway, I post this: Blacks ripped this off from the Japanese demands of reparations in the 70's. But the major difference between the two: The Japanese had survived confiscation of their personal rights and property in their lifetime: Blacks, well...they are barrowing off of past issues long past. Too many questions here on this, so. Perhaps it isn’t something that can or should answered.

:lol: Where did you get your information from?

"Proposals for Black reparations after Jefferson and the American Colonization Society were made after the war ended by Thaddeus Stevens, congressman from Pennsylvania and Charles Summer, senator from Massachusetts. Stevens took the lead. He insisted that it was not enough merely to free the slaves. Nor would it be enough, even to give the slaves the right of suffrage. In addition justice demanded that they be granted an economic foundation. But how could this economic foundation justly be obtained? Reasoning logically Stevens concluded that it should best come from the wrongdoers who had harmed the slaves through their wrongdoing and proposed accordingly that the government confiscate land from the rebels and distribute it to the slaves, each freedman getting forty acres"

Black Reparations (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

I'm sixty years old, and, have a rather personal perspective on this. The entire historical aspect of this sprouts from the lawsuits filed by Japanese Americans that had their property taken from them and the forced interment. IN THEIR LIFE TIME.I know this all to well, for various reasons. The esoteric reasons you quote here are neither apropos or relevant. Black activist in later years seem to feel they can finesse this issue as if it was similar. The Japanese, well, they got reparations. So…this black reparations thing., What does Obama need pay? What if my mother was Japanese and my father was Black? Who determines who owes whom what and how much and….let’s don’t get ridiculous.

Your age doesn't really matter, you are just over a decade older than I am (47), we are closer in culture and experience than people who are a decade younger than I am. It is incorrect that the "entire historical aspect of reparations sprouts from the lawsuits filed by the Japanese.". I proved to you that it preceded the Japanese situation by at least 50+ years. That proof was not esoteric, it was apropos and relevant, because it's a part of history and documented in a book that was published in 1895.

Here's more:
"Proposals for Black reparations after Jefferson and the American Colonization Society were made after the war ended by Thaddeus Stevens, congressman from Pennsylvania and Charles Summer, senator from Massachusetts. Stevens took the lead. He insisted that it was not enough merely to free the slaves. Nor would it be enough, even to give the slaves the right of suffrage. In addition justice demanded that they be granted an economic foundation. But how could this economic foundation justly be obtained? Reasoning logically Stevens concluded that it should best come from the wrongdoers who had harmed the slaves through their wrongdoing and proposed accordingly that the government confiscate land from the rebels and distribute it to the slaves, each freedman getting forty acres."

" King was even an early proponent of reparations. In his 1964 book, Why We Can't Wait, he wrote,

No amount of gold could provide an adequate compensation for the exploitation and humiliation of the Negro in America down through the centuries…Yet a price can be placed on unpaid wages. The ancient common law has always provided a remedy for the appropriation of a the labor of one human being by another. This law should be made to apply for American Negroes. The payment should be in the form of a massive program by the government of special, compensatory measures which could be regarded as a settlement in accordance with the accepted practice of common law. "

As a side note:
"Advocates of reparations cite re
cent examples of payments to vari
ous ethnic groups as precedents foi
their case. In 1980, the Supreme Cour
ordered the Federal Government t<
pay $105 million to eight tribes o
Sioux Indians for land seized by Con
gress in 1877. And in 1988, Congres;
pledged restitution of $20,000 to each
of the 60,000 surviving Japanese
Americans who had been interned ir
the United States during World Wai
II. That came to a total of $1.2 billior
in reparations.
"

Some Black people were advocating for reparations way before 1988...............

not talking about the slaves even though they put in work. I'm talking about how we educated europeans not once but twice. Without africans you wouldn't know what day it was or how to add 2+2. You would still be back in europe eating each other. :cuckoo:

lol

European Cannibalism

Cannibals of the Stone Age - Series 1 - Episode 1 - Cannibals of the Stone Age - Channel 4

In the German hamlet of Herxheim, archaeologists excavating a 7000-year-old mass grave of up to 1000 Stone Age people have concluded that the site was not a Neolithic graveyard, as previously assumed, but a killing field where hundreds of men, women and children met a grisly fate.

Scholars now believe that Stone Age Europe was much more violent than previously thought, and some scientists believe the bodies in Herxheim were murdered, cooked and cannibalised in sacrificial rites that drew participants from hundreds of miles away.

It's a possibility that calls into question much of what we thought we knew about civilisation, and forces us to face the fact that cannibalism and human sacrifice may be undeniable parts of our human history.

How long ago was that? 7,000 years? What was going on in sub-Saharan Africa 7,000 years ago? What was going on 200 years ago? What goes on now?

Cannibalism is still going on in Africa.

Warning: graphic photo of girl with facial mutilation at link

Cannibalistic militia cults grow in Central Africa

By Stephen Morgan
May 5, 2013 in World
+
The horrendous conditions of poverty, war and disease faced by the populations of Central Africa has given rise to bizarre and terrifying armed groups involved in barbarous and inhuman activities.
At least two paramilitary cannibal cults are creating terror and violence in Central Africa. Last week, World Crunch reprinted an article from the African journal Syfia International in which Justin Kalenga Tamba, a local chief from Mitwaba, was interviewed about the Mai-Mai militia group, lead by Gedeon Kyungu Mutanga. The paramilitary cult has become notorious for its activities of murder, rape and robbery and some 130,000 people are reported to have fled into the bush to escape them.
Once captured, they are known to also eat the traditional leaders of enemy tribes. Tamba claims that 40 chiefs have been killed by the Mai-Ma, “who ate their flesh, which they believe can strengthen their power and make them invulnerable to bullets.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back